Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Debauchery

A sinful, licentious scent: self-indulgent and luxurious. Mingled heady civet and red Egyptian musk, thickened with opium.

Very musky and incense-y. Definitely get the same thing here that I do with Dragon's Blood. Much like a head shop. It doesn't smell BAD it's just not the kind of scent I want to wear. Smells very generic.

spicy-sweet and soft

hazy opium den,

languid and sexy

throbbing Indian music,

a half-naked dancer in swirling fabric

my head hurts as my body

refuses to obey and sinks

into soft pillows

very heady...

blame anything I do on the drugs in the air...

Of course,

what happens afterwards

is something soft and slow

and sensual,

languid pleasures in the softness of the bed,

unreal

yet shimmering to the touch,

no clumsiness here,

only the mastery of the arts of passion

an overindulgence

in the power of lust

If a blend smells like baby powder in the imp, it is unlikely the experience will improve. Debauchery is sweet smoke on my skin, with a powdery undertone and a hint of Band-Aids. Not the Powder Death I expected given the scent in the imp, but not something I'd wear, either.

eta: Oh, I forgot about the civet! It's not nearly as horrible as it usually is on me. (Or else I probably wouldn't have forgotten it, ha.) I actually have a hard time finding it, unless that Band-Aid scent -- which I assumed was due to cloves or something -- is the civet.

Edited by karen

Imp: I get the musk and something with a spicy vibe, the opium? and a thrid thing. must be the civet. Never smelled that before

Wet on Me: the spicy opium over the musk mostly now. And the civet seems to be trying to say "Oh Hai" to me

Drying Down: Heady is right. The opium musk tag team is just taking over under my nose.

Dry: the is mysterious and exotic. I am loving this!

Debauchery is a pretty intense scent, definitely not for the faint of heart. It's dark, deep, and sensual. It's very musky, with the opium giving it a sharp edge. Civet doesn't seem to go bad on me, at least with this blend. I guess that's something to be happy about!

ETA: Ack, I don't know how I feel about this now. One minute I like this, the next I hate it, and then the next I'm like, "Well, it's actually not that bad..."

ETA2: OKAY. I LIKE THIS. Apparently it likes to play mindgames with me during the drydown, but now that it's dry, I do actually like it!

Edited by Kaylee

Wet: civet is strong heavy and mixed with the opium, quite sharp. The red egyptian musk is more my speed but it's having trouble overpowering the twining civet and opium. Very intoxicating. It carries it's own overpowering atmosphere instead of morphing to adjust to the wearer... appropriate.. ;)

Drydown: mostly sharp opium on me. the red from the musk and the opium overshadows the whole mix. interesting but it will be rare that I'll run to grab this one.

Ooooh, I love this one.

It starts out musky spicy but soft. The civet is very subtle on me, only gives depth and warmth. The scent eventually dries down powdery/musky, with a clear your-skin-but-better vibe. I'm surprised, I expected something a lot dirtier, but this is warm, deep and sensual, and oddly enough, clean.

A winner. :wub2:

Edited by TastyMischief

I think I may have acquired an aged imp because this blend is very smooth and almost light on me. The musk, civet, and opium have just blended beautifully together. The opium isn't sharp or too smoky! The civet is extremely subtle. This is mainly just glorious egyptian musk on me. It is almost too faint on me. I'll have to get a fresh imp and test it then. It is nice, but I prefer other musky blends to this one. Imp will probably get rehomed as well!

In the bottle: very wary of this one, before I even open it. it's all the things that usually make my skin/nose go into screaming seizures. if it doesn't work, thank the goddess it was a freebie! *deep breath of courage* WOOEEE STRONG STRONG musky civet-y stink! cut with opium smokiness but _still_. no way will my skin enjoy this (nor my nose).

On my skin: very musky! I appreciate the richness that opium brings to it, but can't stand the musk or the civet. it's possible heady is the right word; it certainly gives me a headache. just can't do it - had to wash it off.

Last thoughts: do not over-apply; you will single-handedly become a biological weapon.

Civet usually scares me, but as I was in a 'heavy' mood today, I decided to give this imp a try for the first time in the year or so since I got it. In the imp: yup, Civet loud and clear, with the opium in the back ground. But what the hell. Wet on the skin: the civet and the opium warring for control, very little musk. Dry on the skin: Now we're talking! Opium taking over, obliterating the civet, and bringing that wonderful musky spicy scent I love to the fore. I quite like this, and I see it being unisex as well. Will have to get a bottle. Moderate throw, but still on me 12 hours after application.

Yep. This one is heavy alright..

Imp: Thick, sweet, heavy and sludgy. Something citrus-like tickles my nose.

Wet: Musky. Like incense. Only a little soapy.

Dry: The mix smells alright on me but there's just nothing in there that screams "Oh! Transforms you into an olfactory goddess!" - I guess that means it could be decent for layering but.. on its own, a bit boring and just too heavy.

Wet: Sweet spicy musk incense. I get a whiff of band aids/citrus that others have mentioned--is that the civet or the opium? Whichever it is, I don't like it, as it gives the blend a sour undertone.

Dry: Red musk dominates and clobbers the other notes out of the way. >_<

Overall: I normally would say "another blend ruined by red musk", but I'm not so hot on the sour wet stage. If this is Debauchery then it's in the old, used whore sense of it. DO NOT WANT. :ack:

in the bottle: I smell the civet and red musk. Very rich and heady, slightly sweet, with something dry in the background. This has potential!

On the skin: okay, something *very* sweet, dry and…floral? Has appeared- like a very old violet or a vintage rose. Not bad, but I’m suddenly reminded of being an old boudoir, waiting for someone to arrive…just waiting.

20 minutes: oh my! I can smell the decadent debauchery now! Smells of old boudoir with red glass lamps and lots of soft, well-worn bedsheets and way too many velvet and satin pillows. And an old victrola in the background. Very sultry. Sweet, without being nauseating. I’m sure there’s a Persian cat in there somewhere, lounging in what’s left of the evening sun.

Much later: Ah! There’s the floral very light, delicate, yet very much *there*. They’re *everywhere*, but they’re not overpowering the heady sensual musk and civet- which have both calmed down and are now lounging about with the cat. Fluffing the pillows now and waiting for the gentle knock at the door… :D

Overall, very heady, warm, sultry, incense and headshop-type of smell. Good match for my skin!

Finally, something I can wear and enjoy! ::keeps sniffing:: And make a note to buy a bottle.

Oh my. This is like the perfect musky one, combined with the incense of say, Caterpillar, and the headiness of Nyx. I want to wear this everyday. Every minute. Love this. It's sweet, spicey, warm, it's Madame Moriarity if she wasn't a carny.

So thrilled I have a big bottle.

Edit* My husband steals this from me, it is amazing on him.

Edited by stellamaris

I haven't used this much, mainly due to the fact that for at least 6 months I thought it smelled like burnt fabric in the bottle and I just couldn't really deal with putting it on.

However, enough time has passed now and the civet opium combo has mellowed out in something super schmexy. I love the red Egyptian musk too. This has pretty strong throw and staying power. I got a lot of compliments on this today :)

Whew, is this ever heavy on the civet and musk. I've had this imp for two months now and it is still so sharp on the musk. It reminds me a lot of Scherezade. I can smell a bit of the opium in the background, which blends well with the musk. On me, it is basically the same. Again, reminds me a lot of Scherezade. Very sharp and musky, reminding me a bit of bugspray, unfortunately. As it's drying, the civet is definitely the star note. Sorry, not for me.

Wet: Deep and spicy.Very rich.

Drying: So warm and slightly peppery like the fields of poppies in Oz. I'm not getting any of the (what I think should be) civet and very little musk has come through.

Dry: Still rather spicy and nice pleasantly piquant.

This is a nice winter smell as I think it would be to warm for summer. Cozy and yet disquieting like rereading an old raunchy favourite (id est Eugénie de Franval). Deliciously naughty but oh so nice. I think I might need a bottle of this. 5/5

In the Imp (ITI): My first impression is, "OMG, yes!." I want to bathe in this scent, it's so heady and down-right sexy. I need my life to smell like this always. The initial scent is the strong, heady and almost animalistic scent of civet. I get whiffs of supple leather infused with musk while the heady opium curls around the muskier initial notes.

Wet: The civet and musk are still very strong, but there is a faint sharpness to it, which may be the opium. Deep down, it still smells like leather, and the more I focus on it, the more it smells like the lovely leather scent of an old saddle that I used to gravitate to when I rode horses.

Dry: Heady opium den filled with the musky skin and the leathery sweatiness of civet. My gosh, this is amazingly sultry and licentious. This certainly isn't a scent for the faint of heart, but on me, it smells divine. I'm drawn in by it and crave the scent more each minute. A bottle it is.

In the imp and fresh on: Masculine and sharp.

Drydown: Now the red musk is coming out, It's not as Newagey as it usually smells on me -- the civet must be taming it down somewhat.

Long-term: I never get anything out of this but red musk, which is not my favorite scent. And which unfortunately has staying power like whoa.

Bottom line: Swap pile.

Imp appears to be pretty well aged, but I couldn't say for sure.

To my nose - it goes on wood, smoke, soap, a touch of smarties, leather and then becomes smarties candy in bike armor (which is a very ...odd... combination). However, in 30-60 minutes, it drops back to saddle soap and engine grease on steel with a bit of walnut and just a touch of something sweet and not quite but almost floral.

My husband's response was immediate and succinct- "Perfumy [lady] crotch. Not in a bad way."

Not an ordinary-day scent, and there are others that are sexier on me, but... a troublemaker scent - like something I'd wear to play my guitar really loudly. It's also staying within about 5cm of my skin, which keeps it wearable in public. The imp is a keeper, but not rushing to buy a bottle yet.

This was a surprise - musk in all versions tend to smell Horrible soon as they land on my skin.

I was re-arranging my perfume-shelf to fit some new purchases and hadn't actually tried this one yet (I got sick of musk-smells and constant headaches and so just forgot about it) swiped some on my arm in passing, sniffed it and Actually yelped out loud.

It seems to be something about my skin, but seriously (!) This smells like candy gone corrupt and adult - it is divine. AND I have no headache.

This will be a bottle for me.

I love all 3 of the listed notes.

I love this scent - spicy, musky, yummy.

I just wish it didn't fade so fast.

In the imp: Musky civet and opium.

Wet: Musky civet, no opium.

Dry: Musky soap with a bit of opium. I agree with other posters - this is a very generic scent on me.

I rather enjoy debauchery. Plus, it's the name of my old WoW guild when I still played, AND the name of a queer burlesque show I attend monthly. So, I enjoy the concept! But, will I like the scent... that's the question.

In the imp: woo, strong. blast of an almost astringent smell - I think I recognize the civet accord from Satyr. Opium is generally not a good note on me, but I'll skin test a bit. On me, it's kind of... powdery-spicy. I like Egyptian musk but it's getting kind of smothered here by the other notes. It's not really my style :(