Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
astrobabe

Leanan Sidhe

Leanan Sidhe-

... Her perfume is a crush of Irish herbs and flowers, Gaelic mists, and nighttime dew.

In Bottle: Fresh, deodorant soap smell.

Wet: That deodorant soap smell strengthens, but it's not bad at all. A bit herbal; that's starting to come through more.

Dry: This is a very fresh and pretty, sweet scent. It's sort of berry-herbal; reminds me of Herbal Essences. It's the sort of scent you'd wear if you wanted everyone to sniff around you and say, "I love your shampoo. What is that?"

(Everyone says "green" about this, but I don't get that. I think my definition of "green" is "pine-like.")

Overall: I like!

Leanan Sidhe:

Soap!- the strong, astringent kind for all-over body wash. Also reminds me of a intense women’s cologne: Chanel 5 perhaps? Leanan Sidhe does not change with drying, just becomes a slightly milder scent.

Summary: if you like the consistent brands of women’s perfume (decade after decade) this is for you!

Some scents I order because of the notes they have, and others I order because of the concept. Leanan Sidhe is definitely the latter, because I have had mixed luck with florals. So far, it isn't doing any of the obnoxious things other florals do, like making me sneeze.

In the bottle: aquatic florals. I mostly picture white or yellow flowers, though my nose is still learning to distinguish such things.

Just on: green in the sense of springlike and leafy. I don't really get much herbiness, just a pretty, fresh floral.

Dry down: Pretty flowers. There's something soft about it that I guess evokes the mist mentioned in the description.

Overall impressions: Leanan Sidhe does remind me of more conventional perfumes (like you would find at a department store or boutique) without the sharpness or alcoholic bite. It's a lot more innocent than I would associate with its inspiration, but that's okay. A good scent for springtime, a wedding, or high tea.

Ancientgirl

very clean, soapy herbs. i keep thinking that i really LIKE clean scents, and then i put them on and go "soap. meh." and so it was with this one. i'd be nice if that kind of thing really IS what you like, tho...

I thought this would be a winner for me. Alas - no.

It is a very nice scent, don't get me wrong. Very fresh and spring-y.

An aquatic floral.

I much prefer Sea of Glass for a water scent.

this was much.. sharper than i thought it would be, and very perfume-y. it gets softer after a long, long time. however, i mixed a bit of it into some uncented lotion and now it smells wonderful. much softer, still floral but with a hint of hay, almost.

ohhh, i already like this. in the imp i can smell everything in the ingredients. but on my skin right now, its a nice fresh floral, with just a touch of herbs.

it is very pretty. i can see it fading quickly though...it has almost no throw.

Leanan Sidhe is sharp-sweet and aquatic on me drying down to predominantly lavender. Not a lot of throw, and not very long lasting, but a very pretty scent. It reminds me a little of Danube.

This started out smelling more like traditional designer perfume to me. Then it went soapy. Very soapy. Something in it isn't working out.

Edited by brownbear

Wet it's a very sharp scent, almost too sharp with a little softness lurking.

Dry the soft florals come out more. On me it's a rather traditional perfume scent. Not bad, but not exactly me. Strangely though, I keep sniffing my wrists. Oddly, on my right wrist it is still sharper smelling than on my left, though I apply it to my left.

I might keep the imp, but it's unlikely I would buy the bottle.

I don't know the actual flowers in this scent but they remind me so much of whatever is in Berenice and House of Mirrors that gives me that lovely, dry floral yumminess. It blends in beautifully with my skin and drys down to a soft, feminine floral. This would be great for spring....or wishing for spring! I'm especially excited because my beloved Berenice is just disappearing WAY too fast. Hah talk about vague descriptions! It blends so nicely, it's impossible for me to pick out any notes. Sorry. :P

Like many others have said, Leanan Sidhe reminds me of department store perfume. It's rather intense, and I can't identify any notes. I do hope it changes into something more recognisable and natural-smelling, but if not, my mom would love it.

this is a sweet, green perfumey floral. it reminds me of dirty with sweet floral added, so basically it smells like perfumey dryer sheets on my skin. not really the kind of scent i'm into so i'll have to swap it.

At first application I thought of gentle meadow flowers, and leanan sidhe smelled a little "perfumey" as it dried down and sweetened up.

Soon into the drydown however, the sweetness mellowed and became more herby- I thought of chamomile. This has continued morphing a little, now sweeter, now more dry and herbal, but it has a pretty limited range and stays a scent that is best described as "gentle" to me.

I like. It would be a perfect smell for a rainy spring day, when the air is fresh and soft. I'm keeping the imp.

Leanan Sidhe is a light, pretty floral with nothing offensive going on for my nose. Since the lab's description doesn't give us specific notes to look for, I have trouble identifying anything with a name.

Wet, I get a little bit of the "aquatic" description others have noted, but as it dries it becomes more powdery, and not in the sweet-amber-vanilla sort of way that most of my favorites do. Leanan Sidhe actually reminds me of many "springtime floral" scents that deodorants and air fresheners strive to create -- though much more elegant and lovely.

Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of this type of floral, so I think the Sidhe will have to find someone else to please.

floating mists and flowers i don't have names for -- slim, strange ones in all the colors of twilight, held in the hands of a girl who shouldn't be there. her skin seems translucent, she has eyes you could drown in, everything about her is sweet and unreal, and her lips curl like a crescent moon caught over a lake, carried in by clouds. that's the image i always get from this oil, and it suits the name very well.

In the imp: Smells a bit like a really herbal men's cologne. Not something you'd find every day.

Wet on skin: Cotton and lemon, with some kind of airy thing behind it. I can't quite place it beyond that.

Dry on skin: It's gone from airy cotton with lemon to some underpowered version of Irish Spring. Odd. Wasn't expecting that.

All in all, it's just not for me.

Very pretty. This smells like either white or yellow flowers. I can't pick out what kind of flowers they are though. I'm getting a bit of aquatics in with the florals, which is very nice. Kind of like dew on flowers first thing in the morning. A small to medium amount of throw. I like it, I probably won't get a bottle but I'll keep my imp fo' sho'.

In vial: Sweet morning florals and dew.

Wet: Pretty, but nondescript. A light floral scent.

Drydown: It's more or less disappeared. It never really came into its own, which is unfortunate.

Leanan Sidhe starts out with herbs that are just a *touch* bitter. This doesn't last very long, thankfully, as the herbs soften and are joined by soft florals. I can't pick out any notes but this is a very "green" scent to me. Its the scent of a spring medow at dawn, the flowers and greenery dusted by dew. I like this scent quite a bit. :P

Imp: Without having read any of the previous reviews my first thought was also "Cologne!" It almost smells as if it contains alcohol.

Wet: Much less sharp (phew). Soft florals...

Dry: Hmmm. It retains some of the "sparkling cologne" quality, but now it doesn't smell chemical or alcoholic at all. It's very soft and pretty. But it's kind of "meh" to me unfortunately. My sis might like it though :P

Very green and herby in the imp, I'm also getting some florals. On my skin it turns into a full bouquet of flowers with a sharp edge to it. It's not a heady floral, it stays quite light and the slight scent of the herbs makes it very pleasant. Overall it's a scent that definitely works for me, I really like it.

ETA: big bottle has been purchased.

Edited by porcelain

In the imp I smelled a stereotypical "perfume" smell with a bit of an edge. When I put this on - it transported me back to my honeymoon in Ireland. All the smells of Ireland at my beckon call! It reminds me a lot of when me and my DH went to the Cliffs of Moher and just sat on the cliffs looking at the water below. It was so mystical, green and ancient there. While I was in Ireland I had massive allergies (due to all of the grass), but this reminds me of Ireland WITHOUT the allergies! I love it! I am going to have to go right away to a big bottle.

ETA: Big bottle purchased!

Edited by eclecticaurora

This is a sharp, soapy, clean, fresh, herbally blend. There is a strong powdery floral note that reminds me a bit of Glade air freshener. There is a bright yellow undertone, that smells of fresh air, sunshine, and grassy meadows. Surprisingly strong for a floral blend.

This is unique, just not quite my thing.