Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
astrobabe

Leanan Sidhe

... Her perfume is a crush of Irish herbs and flowers, Gaelic mists, and nighttime dew.

I'm a bit surprised, b/c Leanan Sidhe IS a bit soapy on me, but I like it and think it's an aquatic I can actually wear. It comes across at first as very green and misty with some sort of white floral. Maybe lily or lily of the valley, though that usually goes waaaay soapier on me. I get the Irish Spring references, but there's enough difference that I don't feel like I'm wearing generic bar of soap. I feel like I'm wearing fancy fairy soap that's clean and full of little white flowers and aqua glitter while I bath in a forest pool. :smile: After a bit, this stops being soapy and I get almost a honeyed sweetness with the now creamy white floral. This is VERY pretty, and perfect for a hot summer day.

Basing this off an older imp I had of this, from 2015 or so? That said, I got a frimp of it in my last order, and it doesn't seem any different!

In the imp: Herbal, heather, and a definite sense of thick, wet fog. Exactly how I'd imagine a wet Irish night to smell!

Worn: It's very distinctively 'wet' and misty on, both to my nose, and my partners. I get less of the herbs, but the heather is definitely there and distinctive. It's very fascinating that even as the perfume oil dries, it still smells wet and misty!

Long term: For me, this lasts two or three hours before fading. It's fairly consistent from when it's first put on, staying with an impression of green plants and heavy mist, all wild and full of moisture. If I had to name specific notes, I'd say dew, mist, and heather. It's not a strong scent, but a delicate one, without a strong sillage. Very easy to wear.

Herbal-aquatic elmer's glue??? I mean that in the nicest way possible, but that's what I smell!

I get mostly dew, with the herbs coming in second and the florals as an afterthought. Very pretty, elegant, and sleek.

A pretty, heady, clean white floral for summer, like a pale, gossamer Pele. Slightly indolic, reminds me of a nice jasmine cleaner somewhat. I enjoy Pele more but still like this.

For fans of Pele, Lady of Shalott, Shattered, and Boober.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Received as an imp. As the notes say, herbs, flowers, mists, & dew. Smells clean, feminine, breezy, like an open field. I would suggest buying a bottle.

In the bottle: Sweet pea and grass, that is literally all I'm smelling. Little hesitant because grass often amps on me, but a lot of the reviews say it smells very different on skin

Wet on Skin: OK, I see what people mean, it smells different on skin, still getting some sweat pea, but not a ton, definitely some other flowers hanging out in there, but I'm not sure that I like them as much as sweat pea. It's also kind of... spicy soapy. Why is this reminding me of cilantro (cilantro tastes like slightly spicy soap to me because I got unlucky on that one). I'm going to be curious how it dries down.

On drydown: I'm deeply baffled, but this smells to me like what cilantro tastes like to me (spicy-herby-SOAPY). Not for me, but certainly an experience.

This reminds my partner of specifically a dove bar of soap in her grandma’s bathroom. When she said that it clicked, it does have a delightfully floral clean scent. More mature and not for me sadly 

Cool floral mist. The mist element reminds me of Mag Mell, but since the florals in this one go screechy on me, I much prefer Mag Mell.