Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
astrobabe

Leanan Sidhe

... Her perfume is a crush of Irish herbs and flowers, Gaelic mists, and nighttime dew.

Imp: warm crushed herbs...very green. So far so good.

Wet: pennyroyal, slightly crushed so you can really smell it

Dry: still has a sort of pennyroyal undercurrent but it's mixed with this great crushed herb/green-white floral scent.

Verdict: Absolutely amazing. may surpass The Raven and Lady Macbeth on my favorites list. Thankfully the big bottle is on the way, because my imp is almost empty.

In the bottle: Very faint, sort of herbal smelling. But I never trust what the bottle smells like, because 99.99% it smells nothing like it does on me.

Wet: I can smell a faint green floral but still with a heavy herbal base to it.

Drying: It disappeared. Gone! Either my body ate it or...

Dry: Then suddenly it came back. Stronger than before and a bit more floral. How odd - usually if it's gone it is gone and doesn't reappear. I would say it's nice gentle scent. I agree with Brighid, crushed herb/green(-white) floral. It does smell "clean"

In the imp: soft, very soft green herbs, misty flowers

Wet on skin: Pale pastel flowers creep out in damp night air

Dry: Wispy wildflowers, nothing sharp --creamy dew, a dusting of marshmallows, great throw!

Impression: Becomes rich with flowers over time. Definitely a "fae" scent that gets better on my skin by the minute. Beautiful and haunting, almost mystical. Have no idea what the flowers but the aroma is strong and gorgeous, yet soft. A delicious waft! Like a walk in a magical meadow...

i've been wanting to try this scent for several years. so i was extremely disappointed that this was all hairspray on me. hairspray?!? yes. sadness.

In the bottle – Either this smells of the sir freshener they use at work or one of my colleagues has a serious Leanan Sidhe habit, sadly I suspect the former

Wet on me – Sweet powdery florals but at the back there is still that scent of air freshener

Dry on me – A light dry musk with a hint of herbs

Overall – Once we’re over the air freshener stage this is nice enough, but it doesn’t excite me

I like green, but I don't seem to get any from Leanan Sidhe. It all seems to turn to sweet florals, citrus, and baby powder on me. Not bad, but not what I was expecting -- no mists or nighttime dew anywhere. Ah well -- there are green BPALs that work out much better on me, so I'm not too crushed that my body chemistry has apparently nixed this one!

Hm! Light floral, watery bluegreen in nature. Gardenia, are you there? Something in that waxy-white floral category, anyway. My nose also detects something a bit spicy, almost like pimento (though I sincerely doubt there's any of that in this blend) and a vague, breezy, bergamot-like citrus. It reminds me every so faintly of a commercial perfume my grandmother used to wear, possibly Wind Song. Misty, floaty, feminine.

I actually...like this. It's a floral and an aquatic, and I like it! Will wonders never cease?

not really digging this one didn't morph very much and basically ended up smelling like a soapy floral on me and i smell some rose in there and i don't like rose! my rating is 1/5 :P

SW Award Frimp

Imp: Herbal, green and clean

Wet on Me: More herbal, green and clean

Drying Down: Tiny floral traces begin to

peep thru the herbalness. Starts heading towards

aquatic.

Dry: Flowers and herbs and aquatic OH MY!

This is capitvating and haunting. LOVE IT!

This absolutely screams "green"...except in a quiet way. Herbs, flowers, and something watery--must be those mists and that dew! This really transports you to someplace rainy and green. Not for me to wear as perfume but it'll be a lovely room scent.

I was very excited about this. I loved the description, but I was very, very disappointed. :D

In the imp: Something is already bothering me. I was expecting clean mists, water, grass. Maybe some light florals. But there's an herby smell. A sharp perfumey scent that makes this like a commercial scent. I'll try it anyway.

After 5 minutes: The sharp herb still lingers. It's giving me a headache. I have to wash it off.

Overall: A sad disappointment. There's just one note bothering me in this. Underneath that there is a world of faerie! It's there, it's beautiful and magical, but completely unattainable! I can smell notes of dew and green grass and fresh air! And I want that herby note to go away! :P

Edited by Caerphilly

Vial: Lemonade and fresh cut grass

Wet: A generic soapy lemon. I can already smell the sweet florals peeking through in anticipation for their main appearance during drydown.

Dry: Very sweet floral. It definitely smells like fresh cut sweet florals. It has a green/herbal tinge to it that's more sweet than clean.

This seemed kind of generic on me. It was also too sweet for my tastes. Going to pass on this.

Out of the gates this is a soft, clean, slightly soapy white floral with a hint of sweetness. Rather than fading, however, it seems to intensify over time and becomes much more aggressive. I AM A SWEET LITTLE FLOWER, DO YOU HEAR? WHY ARE YOU FLINCHING? LOVE ME!

Hours later my eyes start to water and I realize I'm getting eye-searing wafts of vanilla (I amp and am allergic to some of the BPAL vanillas) from my hand. An undisclosed vanilla note has taken over the blend and is raking its sickeningly sweet fingernails through my nostrils. I try to surrender, but it cares not and is relentless in its assault.

Beware this wicked fairy muse; her sweetness is poison.

In The Bottle

Sharp florals moderated by the mists

On Application

Almost honeyish florals, soft and damp

Dry Down

Fades quite quickly to soft wild flowers. Really nice but not really me.

Rating (0-5)

This defied all odds for me. I'm usually of the dark, earthy, spicy, creamy blends. For some reason, this herbal, floral, faintly aquatic blend actually smells wonderful on me. There is a definite wildflower vibe here, and the dew/mists aren't overly aquatic. As it dries, it takes on a tinge of spice. Overall, this is surprisingly nice on me. I don't know about buying a bottle, but I'll definitely keep the imp.

wet: hrm...i think i'm getting irish spring soap? it's definietly an aquatic which never work for me...and florals. the herbs aren't coming out to play at all.

i wanted to like this one because i love her character in harry dresden...yes, i'm a huge dork that way.

after 5 minutes, it still smells like floral soap. this is not for me :P

A pale, subtle, misty floral with a hint of bright greens. Nice.

ADDED Jan. 17:

In the imp: Fresh, green flower stems with a hint of the flowers themselves. Very strong and assertive.

Wet: Flowery? Misty. A little soapy in the way that the aquatics I've tried all seem to go, like a shower gel.

Drying: Soap. Drat. Why do the ones I want to love the most end up soapy? :P

Leanan Sidhe goes on slightly soapy (I may be misreading an herbal scent here) and quite green, but green in a mossy, not a grassy way.

Like Irish Springs soap as it dries down, very much a "running springs fresh" sort of scent. I'd imagine this for detergent or fabric softener. It's nice, but a little too much of a refreshing blast for everyday wear...

And in the drydown, it stops all kidding around and becomes really, truly, 100% soap in nature. Nice soap. Clean soap. But soap nonetheless.

Hmmm.

Sweet mist and dew with faint bitter herbs in the background. Uh-oh.... starting to smell like hairspray...keeps going back and forth between sweet dewy mist and blech. Hm. Some gentle white flowers showing up now. Probably not a keeper, unfortunately

When I was in Junior High, I got a sample of Lancome's Poeme. I hated it. Then I let it sit in my room for a couple of years, untouched, and tried it again. It was so gorgeous after it aged. I tried to buy a bottle to recreate this affect, but I never got that same scent again. Leanan Sidhe is my long lost perfume. It is the scent I thought I would never find again. This makes my soul sing.

In the imp: It smells like it wants to be fresh and clean, but something is spoiling that a bit. Like the spirited little girl all dressed up for her birthday party who just wants to play it the mud. There are flowers here, and something kinda herbal, but the flowers are wild, not your typical stuffy bouquet.

Wet On Skin:It changes dramatically from the imp. This is exquisite. There is something very similar in feel to vanilla or honey, but I don't actually smell those notes. I can't make out any distinct notes but I am all nostalgic as a result of the memories this is evoking within me. It's very vibrant, yet sexy and dark. I am madly in love.

Drydown: It just keeps getting richer and more gorgeous. It has a deep sweetness. I will be needing multiple bottles. It is amazingly sensuous. The feeling I get from this scent is a feeling of excitement and complete happiness.

Overall: This is a magical, otherworldly, wicked perfume worthy of mass hording. I think it just skyrocketed to my #1 favorite.

In the vial: Airy, watery, bright, golden, and a touch floral.

On me: The florals are predominant, light and perfumey, even a touch commercial. The herbs barely make themselves known, leaving the scent a bit too light and almost cloying. There's aquatic here, but there's nothing nighttime about it—this is a bright daylight scent, like sun on swiftly-fading mists. There may even be a touch of lemon. As it wears and fades, the headiness dies down and this becomes an airy, misty light floral which is quite pleasant but very faint. Scent-color is translucent pear yellow. Throw is moderate dying down to low; wear length is short.

Verdict: I'm unimpressed. I was expecting something a bit more delicate and unusual, but instead get a light commercial perfume misted with aquatics. It's light, floral, gently glowing, and not unpleasant, but not really my thing. I wish it were more subdued or a bit more herbal—something to cut down the headiness of the floral. All told, this just isn't the scent for me. I'm glad to have tried it, but I'll pass along my imp.

Bottle: Green and somewhat astringent. Maybe it's supposed to be the mists but there's something that's hitting me in the back of the nose. But not in a bad way.

Wet: Evanescent. Definitely herbal, but I don't know if I'm getting any specific herbs out of it. And it's very weak.

Dry: Wet, green, definitely evoking a walk across the hills at night.

Hmmmm...this one is awfully perfumey, as a previous reviewer stated. It is a very pretty, ethereal, and delicate perfume fragrance, but it is perfumey nonetheless. I was hoping for more raw herbs and misty notes from this one, but I am ridiculously sensitive to anything remotely reminiscent of traditional perfume. This is extremely pretty, though. Misty, lush, and glimmering.

Edited by TheOneTheyCallLuna