Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
antimony

Anyone remember Pavi Elle?

In the 80's, Avon made a perfume called Pavi Elle. It smelled like cheap shampoo on everyone except my mom. On her, it smelled so good people would stop her in public to ask what she was wearing. It was discontinued years ago.

I found a listing of notes online: ylang-ylang, rose, lily, musk, & amber.

The most similar BPAL I can think of is Spellbound, but most scents with musk and amber are kinda dark and incensy, but my mom is more a floral kinda person. (She doesn't do fruity, either)

So, does anyone remember Pavi Elle? Any ideas?

In the 80's, Avon made a perfume called Pavi Elle. It smelled like cheap shampoo on everyone except my mom. On her, it smelled so good people would stop her in public to ask what she was wearing. It was discontinued years ago.

I found a listing of notes online: ylang-ylang, rose, lily, musk, & amber.

The most similar BPAL I can think of is Spellbound, but most scents with musk and amber are kinda dark and incensy, but my mom is more a floral kinda person. (She doesn't do fruity, either)

So, does anyone remember Pavi Elle? Any ideas?

There are some Ebay listings for Pavi Elle... (unless you're looking for a BPAL version)

There are some Ebay listings for Pavi Elle... (unless you're looking for a BPAL version)

It got discontinued years ago, so we're doubting the stuff on ebay would still be good. Idealy, we're looking for a similar bpal scent, though we'd be happy with a suggestion from any perfume company that uses natural ingredients.

Oh, I remember that! I had the pot of softening cream and the little pearlized roll-on perfume. I'm going to have to think a while to come up with BPAL similarities, though. Maybe something in my upcoming order delivery will strike a chord.

Non-incensy florals with ylang-ylang, amber, lily, musk and/or rose?

I haven't tried Pavi Elle, so my recommendations may totally be off-base. But, here's a shot: Loralei, Julilet, Phantom, Iambe, Psyche, Ave Maria Gratia Plena, Eve, Zephyr, La Petit Mort, Endymion, Cordelia or Fallen.

Out of those, I am fond of Juliet, Zephyr, Endymion and La Petit Mort. The others I either didn't care for or I haven't tried.

Good luck.

-doreen

Sign in to follow this