Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
summer

Oil recommendations for studying, learning, exams

Ok so before I take off for Europe next week, there's the tiny matter of the bar exam. I have to take it. It will be grueling. I most likely will wear Venus or Libra, because they make me feel strong and empowered, but I wondered if there are any other fragrances that you all use when you need to feel focused, alert, intuitive, and generally all-around positive, sharp, and on top of your game! The exam extends over two days, and it basically is going to be an exhausting mental endurance test.

Thoughts?

:P I was about to suggest Libra or Venus.

ETA: Good Luck, I hope the exam goes well.

Edited by allamanda

Good luck with the bar exam!

Well, I was thinking Libra too. I'm begining to think that you need a 5ml or 10ml of this. And when I try it, I'll probably get a big bottle.

If you have Water of Notre Dame, then maybe that might help calm you before the exam?

Don't forget to bring the imp to refresh during the day.

Crucible of Courage is a good one. You need confidence around that situation. Anyone could use extra for sitting for the bar.

Which bar are you taking?

Edited by bootso'rourk

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm taking the Georgia bar, in exactly one week. Eep! :P

I'm thinking you're right, Allamanda and Pauline, that Libra could be the one, just because of all the oils I've tried it's the least distracting -- that is, it just seems to blend in seamlessly with my skin, but at the same time makes me feel very comfortable and at ease. I've already ordered a 5ml bottle of Venus, but Libra will be next!

All of these suggestions are very helpful, so please by all means keep them coming! -- Even if I don't have the oils mentioned, it's great to see what you all reccomend for this kind of endeavor, and all of these suggestions are going on my list . . .

Thanks again!

:D

Hi, summer!

I was so happy to see this thread. I'm taking the New York bar exam next week. ugh. I've been trying to decide the same thing - which oil to wear. I only have a few, but I'm thinking High John the Conqueror.

Good luck!

Oh Twilight! Best of luck to you too. Two of my best friends are taking the New York bar, and all the distinctions are driving them mad . . .

Thank you for posting! It really feels like we're all in this together, doesn't it?

Let me know what oil you decide to wear!

This may sound strange, but wear the oil you wear when you're STUDYING for the bar to TAKE the bar. Why? Memory association. If you get stumped, just sniff your wrist, and it may help you remember what's eluding you. :P

Good luck!

Vicious Mistress, that's an absolutely brilliant idea! :P

I've been experimenting with oils the whole time I've been studying so it's hard to nail down one that will trigger my memory associations, but I will think about which ones I've been most productive and had the most clarity while wearing and pick one of those.

Thanks!

Kudos to you guys who are taking the bar, and major major good luck vibes to you!!!

As for oils, I'd say either Libra or, if you have it, Tarot: Judgement. :P Of course, I'm partial to Libra, and it smells really pretty, too. And from what I've experienced, it doesn't go "sour" as your body chemistry reacts to stress and pressure. Haven't tried Judgement to be able to say the same.

well, i'll be taking the gre at some point (hopefullly soon) in order to get into this art history program i want to do. (i already have a master's, but it's an mba, not a "real" master's, so...yeah. off to take the test i go.)

anyway, which oil would you recommend i wear? i'm not going to douse myself in it. i just want something i could sniff on my wrists to help keep me focused and moving along.

unless the end of the review says i got rid of it, i have or am expecting the oils on this page:

http://lynnewiora.com/bpal/reviews.html

for my british lit class i had to wear sin, it worked like no other.

but it doesnt matter which one, as long as you wear it when you study, and then when you take the test :P

I've got it mixed up now, but I think mint is a scent that is supposed to help one concentrate while taking tests. I think wearing vanilla curbs one's appetite. Yeah, that sounds right.

Well, if you need to get psyched up, wear an energizing scent. If you tend to get nervous, wear a comforting scent...?

What jumped out of me from your list was Block Buster! I havn't smelt it and I don't know whether you like it, but it seems made for the job!

Lemony scents usually make me more clear-headed. So I vote for Embalming Fluid.

I'm going with Swank. I wore it to work one day when I *really* needed to concentrate and get a load of work done - it worked a treat.

d'oh! i just read the description for block buster over and, yeah...that seems like a great choice.

now, i just have to set up an appointment to take the test.

well, i'm feeling pretty good. i just took a part of a practice test and got a 680 on verbal. when i add that to my prior 700 on the quantitative section, i'm pretty much set. (oh, i'm preparing for the gre.)

i'm taking the test this saturday morning. i still need to review some math crap, so i'll be wearing my block buster when i do that.

Lemony scents usually make me more clear-headed.  So I vote for Embalming Fluid.

Definitely lemon scents. You will make far fewer mistakes & be able to focus better.

I can also recommend these folks: Nature's Gift FOCUS Blend It is fantastic & they ship quickly too.

Hope it Helps. If you need some of their Focus blend sooner, I can decant some for you & mail it ASAP.

let me know

RHM

Good luck Grrrlennyl!

I wore Libra for the bar exam, but then again, I *am* a Libra, and that scent is very centering for me.

Whatever you wear should make you feel comfortable and confident.

I'm sure you'll do splendidly!

:P

well, i wore block buster, and was able to focus pretty much the entire time. how much do i hate writing essays?

anyway, for inquiring minds...here's what i got:

640 verbal

750 quantitative

Did my Focus oil get to you in time?

no, it didn't. :P however, i'm sure i'll be needing it once i start taking classes in january. plus, my gf is taking classes and a lot of what she's doing takes a great deal of focus, too. i'll definitely be sharing it with her. thanks again for offering to send me some!

Give me your recomendations of oils to focus and increase willpower (if that's possible... LOL).

Thank you very much