Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Blood Rose

Sensual, robust, and silken: voluptuous red rose bursting with lascivious red wine and sultry dragon's blood resin.

A wine-rose combination, very rich and bloody and sexual! Not as wet as Persephone, nor as dark and dry as Black Rose. The drydown on me was gorgeous, soft while still being robust. One of my favorite rose blends.

This *is* my fave rose blend so far. I love the fruitiness that comes with it. It is indeed a very sexy smell :P Great staying power too!!

I'd have to agree with the above. This is my favorite rose blend. I don't really care for rose, but the wine and dragon's blood make this truly unique and robust. It lasted a long time and hubby liked it. I will be ordering this in the future.

Love this one! It smells like a very sweet type of fruit syrup. You know in the film Mary Poppins, Mary gives the children some medicine that actually tastes nice- well this is how I imagine it to smell like. Rosy, sugary sweet... I can't find the words.

Normally i dont really care for rose scents but Elizabeth does amazing things with her perfumes, it has to be magical. Out of the bottle all i smelled was roses and i was like *eeeh*... soon as this touched my skin though this turned into a lovely blend of rose and wine with a lil resiny scent to it... This puts images in my head of deep dark red rose bushes protected by many thorns from folk who would attempt to pick such beautiful flowers... Definately something beautiful with a bite to it. Everyone should try this one!

This is one of my favourite scents, which appeared as a surprise sample. I'd never been a huge fan of rose scents before, finding them a little 'old-ladyish' but boy, is this different.

The signature rose scent is the most obvious note, but having the resiny winey scent means that this is robust and strong. It hardly fades at all: after Christmas, I went to a live roleplaying session which was held outside around a bonfire. I'm sure you know how pungent they are! We started at about 6pm and 2 the next morning when we finishes, few drops that I'd put on were still fresh and distinctive even over the chargrill smell from the bonfire. Truly amazing. It also went very well with the game we were playing, a 1920s Cthulhu one :P

Wish I'd ordered a bottle of this now. Oh well, next time!

I've been wearing this all day and it's still with me. It's not at all powdery or even too sweet, but is positively slinking at me in a full-throated and vibrant fashion. Oooo this one's good...not so completely 'come-hither' as some of the darker scents, but with a liquid, slightly intoxicating presence nevertheless. It feels feminine, but without being fluffily girly at all - instead, strongwilled and glinty-of-eye-in-candlelight. Bizarrely, when I sniff it it makes my mouth water.

This is the first BPAL scent that hasn't bowled me over... when it dries down, all I can smell is the wine. It smells like I spilled wine on myself. Might be useful for attracting alcoholics :P After reading everybody else's raves about this, though, I will give it another try in a few days, perhaps it's my body chemistry today.

I got this through a swap and imediately fell in love!

Initially from the bottle it is quite a yucky medicine smell ( like aspirine) but as soon as it touch the skin it devellopes so nice.

I cannot smell the roses alone, but a very familiar juice smell, sweet but not too much.

And longlasting? well realy superbly! I put some on my pyjama's yesterday and it's still there, not faded even a bit! On my wrist it fades due to work etc. but had some in my neck inder my hair and when showering it smelled strongly from my hair!

For the forumnites who are scared from TMI.....STOP READING HERE :D :P

My BF remarked yesterday already that i smelled very nice, and today...well, let's say it was short but good :D :D need to mention it had been quite a while since we actually did It, therefor I am sure Blood Rose did some work here.

I know Blood Rose is proving to be very popular, but this is another one that just isn't "me." I get a very strong rose initially, but as the day wears on, it becomes much more strongly fruity on me, and I just don't care much for fruity. I suppose that's the wine coming through; I don't detect much of a resiny scent upon drydown. This does last all day, though.

This is my personal scent now. Since the first day I wore it, I've been in love with it. I love rose scents, but this is something else. It's just a bursting, fully open rose, glistening with moisture. It is a very strong feminine scent - a woman who knows what she wants but goes about it in a gentle persuading way. I just am always bowled over by how juicy this rose is. I guess it's the fruit woven in it, but its gorgeous either way.

This was such a cloying scent that I found myself making the upturned-nose-grimacing-face five minutes after I put the cap back on, and raced to the kitchen sink for the Dawn dish soap. The combination of the red wine and dragon's blood resin turned vile on my skin.

My mother, though - she loved this one. On her, it's smoke, incense, and roses - and absolutely delightful.

i'm slowly learning not to judge a BPAL scent on the first sniff :P !! My first sniff of Blood Rose made me go "bleugh" and so I put it away and tried Persephone & Spellbound first (both divine). But today I decided to go for it and dabbed on some Blood Rose...oh how wrong was I???

Wet -rich, fullsome, delicious & rosey - its a gloriously fruity rose.

Dry down -soft , floral -delicate and full of surprises (it must be the red wine & dragon's resin)& long lasting too!

Hours later - its still wafting up and smells gorgeous ...if Black Rose did the trick with my man the other night( :D ) I can't wait to try this on him!!!! :D So I know what you mean quinkel!!! :D :D

This has surprised and delighted me...a deliciously sensual (IMHO) rose blend - must buy a 5ml bottle now!!

Claire xxx

this randomly goes grape-y on my mom. and i mean grapes, like the plump ripe black and purple grapes.. prolly from the wine.

First sniff: A bottle of red wine knocked over on a white tablecloth, pooling around a rose the colour of Phèdre’s sangoire cloak, a red so deep it’s almost black, and two candles in wax-dripped bottles. I can’t yet decide whether the bottle was knocked over in a lover’s quarrel or in a mad rush for the bedroom.

Wearing: Bedroom. Definitely. Blood Rose somehow manages to be elegant and entirely carnal at the same time – a beautiful flowing ballroom gown tossed carelessly into a pile on the floor by an eager lover. Juicy, juicy, juicy and very bright red – it’s bolder than in the vial, less dark. It’s not at all sweet on me, at least not yet (I’ve had it on about ten minutes), and not screamingly rosey either. The wine dried up about halfway through work and it turned into a beautiful subtle breath of rose, very soft without being at all powdery.

First Impression: Juicy roses, with that thick dragon's blood undertone.

Second Impression: The juiciness remains and the wine essence is peeking out.

I don't find this robust at all, it is elegant and soft.

Final Analysis: Very soft and pretty, subtle. This didn't last on me at all. It's all but gone after only three hours. It's lingered in my hair a bit better. I prefer Blood Lotus to this one.

edited to add: at a recent sniff-a-thon, my lovely friend Tracy absconded with this one!

Edited by andrabell

WHEW! I opened the imp and was BLOWN AWAY. So strong out of the bottle. Very powerful, dark and moist.

Now... I love rose. The combination of dragons blood resin and rose was what originally drew me to this scent.

That being said, this is so not for me. Incense would be WONDERFUL. On me? Way to feminine. After a couple hours, it has dried down nicely, catching more of the resin notes... but I still smell like an attractive woman. :P Which I'm absolutely the opposite of as a cute gay man. :D

Anyway. Great scent, but I don't get any of the wine. Most likely a swap since of my two best gal-pals, neither cares for strong rose scents.

I did but sniff at this ... again, at vaniclion's house (I love him so!) and knew this was not a scent for me. It's not nearly -as- rosey as I feared, but the rose is definitely the scent that comes out the strongest on my skin. And, as I'm not overly fornd of heavy rose scents, I have to say this is a pass scent on me.

But.

This one I think would make a fabulous candle scent. Absolutely fabulous. In fact, I'd probably be tempted .. when I'm in that mode .. to buy an imp just for candles. Oooh, or soap. It might be great as a soap. Like .. tiny guest soaps, shaped like roses and dyed a deep crimson.

Oh purrrrrr.....I usually like rose scents but most of them dry out to a very old lady scent and are more the tea rose type. Not this one.

In the bottle: a deep, dark rose scent that seemed less rose and more wine to me.

On application: What a beautiful dry down. Tons of rose at first but it mellowed into a rich, deep dark red almost rotten-fruit wine smell. I love the juxtaposition of these two scents. It's like rose distilled into something wickedly alcoholic. It has some Dragon's blood resin in there too which means this is a definite keeper and added to the bottle list.

Wearability: It's worn off my wrists but a lot of typing today so that's normal from all the rubbing on the wrist support. Can still smell it from where I applied on neck and behind ears, quick little fleeting moments of that lovely sensuous smell.

In the bottle: On, I can smell that wine all right!

On: Ohmy. This is decadent. Silky rose is exactly the word for it. Wow.

Drying: this is NOT a daytime scent - I don't put much stock in night/day scents (I wear what feels right, regardless of the hour), but this is something to annonit oneself with only at night, while dressed in something slinky. Dark, heady. Delicious.

I'm thinking that a 5ml of this is in my future.

This is a wicked, cool scent that I didn't really give the time of day when I first got it. But it's very complex and neat, if not exactly my type of every day fragrance.

in the vial, it smells like GRAPE JUICE. Juicy, purple Welch's. I like that, though.

On, the grape juice quickly turns into a nice red rose, pretty deep but still sweetened by the grape juice, which is great cause some of the rose scents (Spellbound, The Empress) can get too dry for me.

I don't know if this smells like strictly evening to me; I'm about to wear it to a garden party in the middle of the day, but I do think it smells dressy. Which means I'll probably wear it with a tank top and jeans to run to the store on weekends -- I love wearing vampy scents out of context. I think this one will be great as a sweet, sexy rose.

UGH. I am in total lust with this scent...I just bought a big bottle of it. :P

It's crimson velvet with gold leaf...it's sensual and sweet, but in the most divine black cherry way. This is totally delicious; I want to bathe in it.

PS, this ridiculously hot Peter Murphy clone came up to me last night at a party and said I smelled, "soooooo good". I'll beat myself up that I was too much in awe to flirt like crazy BACK...lol... :D

I will now start camaigning for giant gallon-sized bottles...:evil: :P :D

ADDED July 15:

in the vial: Some kind of fruity candy I can't place...

wet, on my skin: This doesn't smell "bloody" or "vampiric" to me, it smells like a sweet, bright, juicy, cherry flavored (but in a subtle way) red rose. This smells like Black Rose went on Prozac and traded in her Witkin books for some Chagal. Still very brilliant and creative and artistic, but slightly brighter and warmer. It's exquisite and very comfortable on me, like I've been wearing it all along. I've adored every single BPAL rose scent I've tried, and this one's no exeption. :)

dry, on my skin: All I'm getting now is a red rose DRENCHED in wine (it's not boozy, though).

Oh, HELL yes. :D

There will definitely be a 5ml in my future. :D

(Jesus H. Christ, I have, like, 500 big bottles to buy!!! :))

Edited by Shollin

Initial Sniff: A decadent, sultry, deep red rose. This scent is deep and wet.

Wearing: Ugh. This one is all wine. The rose fades into the background, and even the dragon's blood resin can't help this one.

Final Impressions: It's official. I can't wear anything that contains wine.

I'm not much of a rose fan (though I love my rose bushes, it is NOT a scent that works on me), so I'm a little biased here.

Initial: I gagged, to be honest. A very medicinal sort of green and rose.

On: Hmm. Medicinal fading rapidly into rose. A heady rose, but a smokier one. Not too bad, but still too rose.

Later: Uh. Where'd the rose go? Now I get a grapey merlot sort of smell. I think I like this.

Dry-down: No. Way. From merlot, to grape koolaid.

Just doesn't work for me at all. This one goes into swaps, I think.

HOT DAMN! I swapped for this and I'll bet the mailman wondered if he was delivering a rose garden--I could smell it through the bubble wrap and through the mailer! Roses, roses, roses.

Then a strange thing happened: I put it on and my skin swallowed the roses whole. Just gulped 'em down and left only wine and resin--although those are lovely too. Ah, the rose is starting to peek back out.

This is my new night-time scent! I am putting Spellbound up for swap and transferring my allegiance--I LOVE this!

This reminds me of my favorite short story by Angela Carter, "Lady of the House of Love." A vampire Sleeping Beauty story. This is the scent of the roses that surround the vampire's castle: "dark, fanged roses", "almost too luxuriant, their huge congregations of plush petals somehow obscene in their excess, their whorled, tightly budded cores outrageous in their implications."

That's it--sexual, decadent, vampire roses. :P