Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Macha

Storm Moon

The Storm Moon marks the darkest portion of the year. A season of long, impenetrable nights and turbulent tempests. A raging, electric and wet scent: slashing rain notes, rolling thunder, and sharp, cold winds layered by a breath of softly wafting lunar incense, a hint of Luna’s blooms, and the brittle herbs of winter.

Yeah. I love storm scents.

Before, I said that Thunderbird reminded me of Yankee Candle's storm watch. It does, but Storm Moon is that x a billion.

Storm Moon is Thunderbird's older, bolder brother. The one that will kick your ass if you make fun of Thunderbird.

The ozone is the star in this blend, and I have to admit that I love that sharp tang. I'm very very in love with this scent, and will cherish it always.

TONS of Ozone, crisp and sharp and clean. This is very much a post-rainstorm scent, still sizzling with electricity. There's a touch of faint floral and moon oils as this dries down but the ozone was so over powering that it reminds me of a quickly rolling storm.

I actually found this a little too strong and masculine for my tastes, if refreshing. I will either be tossing it to Jake or swapping it off but it was fun to try.

In the bottle: Storm smells of ozone with a hint of florals.

On my wrist: The scents is very wet and musky but still floral. It is as though a flower shop was being drowned in a whirlpool during a hurricaine. The watery notes are very strong.

Drydown: The flowers are very heavy and "perfumey." Storm reminds me of strong bath beads at this point and the water element has faded into the background of the florals.

This scent is definitely not for me. On the plus side for someone else, it is very long-lasting and wouldn't require reapplication for many hours.

Ooh! I like this one. Not as ozone-y as I expected (not anywhere near as ozone as Tempest, for instance); just a nice, clean, watery floral. I can see how people might get "dryer sheets" since it's very clean-smelling. I don't get a masculine feel at all--maybe in a few hours that will appear but for now it's just a bright after-rain scent.

All right, I admit I can see the comparisons to laundry detergent and dryer sheets. But... I love those smells! And I love Storm Moon.

It's strong, it's fresh, it's clean. Soapy in that Irish-Springy way, but with an added floral. It's as though a torrent drenched a rocky field in bloom. Maybe this is what laundry detergent manufacturers are aiming for when they try to make things smell like a "mountain breeze."

I would think it would make for a good choice of workplace fragrance as well -- no distracting sensuality, nothing soporific, just a blast of freshness.

Storm Moon

WOW! Ozone and wet stuff and sharp stuff and sleet-torn flowers!

Wet: Indefinable. But I'll try-electric sleet. Aquatic notes, just drenched and a masculine bit of musk with, hmmmm orchid?

On skin: lovely. Softens into a wet floral but not feminine Spring like. Tough flowers made to with stand the snow...crocus and witch hazel.

Hours later; wah! fades in 2 hours or so.

I love the ozone tang in this one! It reminds me a lot of Sea of Glass, but lighter and tangier. Definitely an aquatic floral. I wish it would last a little longer on me, but it's worth touching up from time to time.

Storm Moon

In the bottle: Soap. Or air freshener.

On me: Soap. Or air freshener. This one is just a little too clean for me, too soapy, too tangy and zesty. While it does mellow down on the skin, this one is too masculine for me. I've been really amazed at how Beth manages to capture a feeling with her oils, even the ones I really don't like. :P

I hate to do this, but....

If anyone remembers this scent, I can give it to you in 2 words: Aqua Velva

Certainly clear, certainly crisp, but, oh yes, cheap men's aftershave on me...

Initial Imp Sniff: Clear water..definitely

Swipe: Soap, but not in a bad way...like clean soapy water, fresh and clear.

Drydown: Hmm...this smells softer, more feminine than before...strongly reminds me of an Aunt's perfume, wish I could remember the name. It's still got the clear, fresh tone to it, just softened with something...just..womanly.

Overall: I can sooo picture this on a guy fresh out of the shower, wearing a clean white t-shirt, and still has wet hair..just delicious. This is the ultimate "clean guy" scent. Hell, I even like it on me. :P

When I first read the reviews, I thought I'd hate Storm Moon.

"I HATE when scents go soapy on me!!" I thought sadly, so I wasn't awaiting its arrival with any enthusiasm.

I barely smell any ozone in storm moon, though, and it smells more like "pure, clean, cold florals" to me than soap...well, I suppose it could be called soap, or detergent, but it's a very high-class one! I differ with many reviewers when I say that I can see a girl wearing this just as easily as I can see a guy wearing it.

Unfortunately though, Storm Moon isn't really my kind of scent...but I will hang on to it, maybe to trade for another LE I'm desperate for.

Update: It became very soapy later in the drydown =/ pity

Edited by joseybird

very lovely in the bottle. I like the aquatic notes and the fainter lunar notes - it's kind of like lightening but much lighter.

however, on me it does turn soapy (so much so that my boyfriend was like, "why do you smell like soap?"), and I get a hint of juniper (which I thought I would love, being such a gin fan, but which I can't stand on me). so, back to bayou for me!

Storm Moon

Swiped across wrists and along collarbone.

Initial Wet (8-8:30am): Light, bright and clean with a touch of what might be citrus. This definitely carries the feeling of standing in the rain – the scent of the air after a thunderstorm as the earth begins to dry

Initial Dry (8:30-10am): What I thought might be citrus has begun to dissipate and morph a bit as the scent dries. I now identify it as a sharp floral. This is similar to Lightning – fresh, clean and bright.

I can certainly feel the cold winds … but there is a warmth here as well.

Throughout the Day (10am-3pm): This continues to calm into a very grounding scent. As with Lightning, I may end up using this as a meditation blend. I love the smell of the storm – how it washes away the old and brings a sense of renewal and hope.

By 3pm this has almost completely dissipated – as if the sun has come out and warmed away the remnants of the cold rain. The essence of the first moon of Spring (Llwewllyn’s Witches’ Datebook 2005 depicts March’s Moon as the Storm Moon). This is quite lovely and I’ll definitely use it for times I need to calm and center myself.

I didn't get much ozone, but I sure did get a citrus! Wow! This struck me a very masculine scent, very clean, very old style cologne. It didn't work on me, but if you like citrus and more masculine scents, I'd really suggest this one a lot. I can't put my finger on the cologne it reminds me of, though, but it's something I smelled on men when I was younger.

If I hadn't discovered Amsterdam, I'd be all over this. It's a bright, refreshing aquatic floral. Good for clearing my head and calming myself a bit, although it doesn't have much staying power on me. I'm still on the fence about trading it, although I'll probably keep it around in case my imp of Amsterdam runs out before I can get some more.

Storm Moon was all ozone and Irish Springs on me, but I have to say I really enjoy it on those days when I get that...not so fresh feeling. Like days when I don't have time to wash my hair and end up pulling it up in some kind of impromptu bun and feeling kind of grody. Storm Moon is like a shower in bottle! It is a little soapy on me, but I kind of enjoy a soapy scent every once in a while.

I think this will be great in the summertime when I'm riding the subway and sticking to the seat because of the humidity. All I need is a couple of drops of Storm Moon and I will feel as though I'm standing out in a rainstorm. Fresh!

As many others have noted, this blend presents a very strong kind of dryer sheet floral at first. I would assume the aquatic undertones are a result of the ozone note, which I’m unfamiliar with and therefore am furiously trying to place.

The scent is clean, but deep inhalations burn the back of my throat which is more than enough indication of its strength. It reminds me of products geared towards men with names like “Mountain Spring”. That being said, I don’t believe this to be an exclusively masculine blend. It’s unisex for certain.

Unfortunately, it really couldn’t be less of a “me” scent, as I’m even allergic to most dryer sheet products and thus use the unscented if I pick any kind of softener at all. Combined with my stinging throat and watering eyes, I’m going to have to pass this on before even placing it on my skin. I’m certain it will find a happy home with someone who can appreciate it to the fullest extent.

I got my Storm Moon order and here is my brief review...

In the bottle: I can see where the comparisons to fabric softener sheets come from - you know, that whole mountain breeze thang? That's just what it smells like. It's not *not* nice, but it smells synthetic in that way.

On: It has a "tang" to it. It's also very strong, it almost tickles your nose it is so tangy and fresh. It doesn’t smell like an angry raging storm, rather one that is the harbinger of a brighter dawn, a new season, the life giving powers of the waters from the heavens. It is bright and fresh, yet very long lasting and strong on the skin.

Overall: I definitely like it; I could see myself wearing this on a fresh, breezy spring day and just reflecting on life, taking a walk in the park, or quietly reading. It’s a very peaceful scent for a storm, but one that has that underlying hint of rain about to come.

It’s definitely a masculine or feminine scent.

On a scale of 1-10, I would give this a 7.

I love this scent!

It reminds me of the soap I used to use at my grandmother's house when I was a kid. Brings me back to her clean, blue house.

It also invoked camp back when I was 10 years old, right after it had rained early in the morning, and the day was beginning to warm up. Lazy, early sunlight curling around the grass, little bugs flying around.

Definitely a nice, clean, white, sunrise scent.

Definitely not too masculine on me.

Very ozone, like Lightning and Thunderbird, only softer.

The scent is overwhelmingly clean and crisp, like fabric softener, soap and water, and cold air all mixed in. The crispness subdues the lunar oils-which for me is a God send.

This is the smell of clean-wet laundry and the air after it rains-and yes, a little like Febreeze-but in the best possible way.

The first whiff was sharp, the gust of wind before the clouds come pouring down the sky. Mmm ozone.

There's something positively marine about this perfume. It's watery and green, but definitely in an oceanic way. I dig it, and I think it is my "cleaning house" scent now. Beautiful.

First impression on me: Strong and familiar. Can't tell if I like it or not.

A few minutes later: not quite so strong, strong note of Lily of the Valley, but with something else. Interesting. So I look up the notes. No help there.

So I look up the reviews, and yes, by now it has morphed EXACTLY into dryer sheet. Bummer.

10 minutes later: sniffing again. Looking for those incense notes I was promised. Nope. Still fabric softener.

15 minutes later: Nope. No incense. Almost nothing at all. My skin ate this one!

I'll try again some other time of the month. Phoo.

Edited by Muppetk

This is ozone-y and fresh, very strong and bold without overwhelming me. I really like it. Unfortunately it reminds me of "mountain spring" scented soap. Clean and crisp. I like it, but that's what my soap is for. :P I mean that in the best possible way.

This one smells like fresh clean laundy. I dont think I want to smell that way personally but I can imagine using this for a linen spray or something.

Well I am glad to find out what ozone smells like.