Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lorajc

What Scent Is This?

Aphrodesia is the third down on the list you linked to. Why not e-mail the makers and explain you're trying to find a companion perfume and could they give hints as to what scents make it up?

Also, try asking in the Recommendations forum! This topic is generally used for "what BPAL is this?"

Does anyone know of a scent called DENN DIE TODTEN REITEN SCHNELL?

It's the name of one of the new claw polishes. As all the others are named after scents, is this one also based on a scent or is it just a stand-alone polish? I do not recall a scent-general or limited-with that name. Is this an unreleased/future scent?

It's the name of one of the new claw polishes. As all the others are named after scents, is this one also based on a scent or is it just a stand-alone polish? I do not recall a scent-general or limited-with that name. Is this an unreleased/future scent?

"For the Dead Travel Fast", per Bram Stoker. Perhaps a portent of things to come, since Weenies are right around the corner :wwolf: :skull:

Hi BPAL addicts !

Does anyone know of a scent called BEHEMOTH ?

It's the name of one of the frimp i've received today, but i can't find out any information about it ? Is it a GC or LE ? and what is its composition ?

Hi BPAL addicts !

Does anyone know of a scent called BEHEMOTH ?

It's the name of one of the frimp i've received today, but i can't find out any information about it ? Is it a GC or LE ? and what is its composition ?

It's one of the Steamworks and a handful of people have reviewed it:

http://www.bpal.org/topic/78516-behemoth/

but it's not on the Lab page nor listed as discontinued, so you might have an unreleased scent on your hands. :)

Hi all! I have a bottle of 13, but I'm not sure what year it's from. It's got a pink label with the 13 in solid lime green. I think it's 2007, but I forgot to write down the date from the forum seller's thread and can't remember who I bought it from to ask them. :blush2:

13 june 2008 Other Limited 2008 white chocolate, dark chocolate, apple blossom, honeysuckle, frankincense, allspice, nutmeg, black tea, tonka, and sandalwood.

Is it that 13th ??

***********************************************************************************************************************

or

13 July 2007 the Friday 13th Limited 2007 A base of cocoa absolute and white chocolate with thirteen baneful and beneficial bits including vanilla bean, white ginger, orchid, golden peach, massoia bark, clove, honey, and starfruit.

I can't post pictures sorry :blush2:

13 june 2008 Other Limited 2008 white chocolate, dark chocolate, apple blossom, honeysuckle, frankincense, allspice, nutmeg, black tea, tonka, and sandalwood.

Is it that 13th ??

***********************************************************************************************************************

or

13 July 2007 the Friday 13th Limited 2007 A base of cocoa absolute and white chocolate with thirteen baneful and beneficial bits including vanilla bean, white ginger, orchid, golden peach, massoia bark, clove, honey, and starfruit.

Ah-hah, thank you! It has to be the July 2007 after reading those notes. /makes note on cap label

Is it that 13th ??

or

Ah-hah, thank you! It has to be the July 2007 after reading those notes. /makes note on cap label

13 July 2007 has a pink label with green 13.

13 June 2008 has a green label with a pink 13.

http://www.bpal.org/topic/37412-what-do-bottles-and-labels-look-like/page-111?do=findComment&comment=2430239

Also, twilighteyes has an amazing Flickr with tons of beautiful pictures of bottles and labels. She has them set up into many sets, but here is the link to 13 June 2008.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_twilight/2780192722/in/album-72157606843865390/

Edited by Poenari

Hi!

I received a frimp of something labelled "P05" or possibly "PO5" (but I think it is more likely the number 05). I could just ask the seller what it is (and I might end up doing that) but she's got a lot on her plate, plus, I LOVE a good mystery, and even more, a mystery solved!! I can't search for it n the forum because of that whole under 4 letters things. I tried Google, that was no help. And it's not on my Spread Sheet of Doom either (which is not very up-to-date on protos and unreleased scents anyway).

I can't pick out "for sure" notes from it for the life of me! Faint hints of spice? A fougere? MAYBE some creamy pumpkin or something else foodie? No clue! But it's fun. :D Any help is appreciated!

This is, for want of a better term, the "subtitle" for Lucy in Darkness Atmosphere Spray.

http://www.bpal.org/topic/59982-holy-moly-its-an-update/

http://www.bpal.org/topic/60029-lucy-in-darkness-atmosphere-spray/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenore_(ballad) may be relevant.

Edited by Arcy

Does anyone remember the Winter BPAL bottle that had an icon of the Virgin Mary on it? I believe it was called Theodosis but when I look for it in reviews I can't find it. I have an old bottle of it, but the label is damaged and I can't quite read it. It's from when I first started BPAL so back around 06 maybe? It was one of my first bottles. I'd appreciate any help tracking it, and the review page down. Thanks!

Is it Theotokos?

http://www.bpal.org/topic/76515-theotokos/

Does anyone remember the Winter BPAL bottle that had an icon of the Virgin Mary on it? I believe it was called Theodosis but when I look for it in reviews I can't find it. I have an old bottle of it, but the label is damaged and I can't quite read it. It's from when I first started BPAL so back around 06 maybe? It was one of my first bottles. I'd appreciate any help tracking it, and the review page down. Thanks!

Thanks so much for pointing me at that review, kscha.

It's definitely an earlier version of it, as I wasn't purchasing in 2012. I'm wondering if it just didn't get a review?

Is there anyone else who remembers an older an earlier version of Theotokos? Was it the same formulation as the newer one? I have a cold and just can't tell and someone interested in the bottle.

Hi BPAL's fanatics !

Does anyone know what is the "millésime" of "thirteen (Black Label)" on Etsy is ?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/238906844/thirteen-black-label-perfume-oil-5ml?ref=shop_home_active_93

Thanks!

From what I could gather from doing a search of the "thirteen" thread in BPAL chatter, my guess is February 2009. http://www.bpal.org/topic/54559-thirteen-13-february-2009/

This thread seems to be a great place for info on all the thirteen blends: http://www.bpal.org/topic/87922-thirteen-past-and-present-incarnations/

Recently I received a purchase from Ralenth with goodies in it! She included a 'Mystery' imp that I think said it was bpal? Maybe? That or just a mystery all in all lol

To me BPAL has a pretty distinct smell and it seems like it probably was a bpal oil(I'll have to check the label again).

I would love to know what this might be!

It smells EXACTLY like shoving your nose into a trick or treat bag filled with a mish mosh of all kinds of candies and goodies. First sniff I almost thought it was Giljagaur! Then upon further huffing it reminded me a bit of my yummy and cozy The Inn goblin squirt!

I cannot even begin to pick out notes in it! I'm not that good, I just know it smells really delicious!

Any ideas?

I've never had the pleasure of smelling the SN: Last Year's Stale Candy Corn but this is how I would imagine it!

It could possibly be Trick or Treat (the sticky sweet scent of candy corn, Weenies 2005, 2009). From what I remember it had some of the caramel that's present in The Inn but it's been a while since I smelled it.

Edited by alterosen

I think The Inn smells just like the inside of a candy bag! ToT 2009 is a sweet caramel with spices (it's just like a fall candle), so it is a bit like Giljagaur but I'm not sure if it smells like a mish mosh of goodies either. I hope you figure out what it is, it sounds interesting. :)

Recently I received a purchase from Ralenth with goodies in it! She included a 'Mystery' imp that I think said it was bpal? Maybe? That or just a mystery all in all lol

To me BPAL has a pretty distinct smell and it seems like it probably was a bpal oil(I'll have to check the label again).

I would love to know what this might be!

It smells EXACTLY like shoving your nose into a trick or treat bag filled with a mish mosh of all kinds of candies and goodies. First sniff I almost thought it was Giljagaur! Then upon further huffing it reminded me a bit of my yummy and cozy The Inn goblin squirt!

I cannot even begin to pick out notes in it! I'm not that good, I just know it smells really delicious!

Any ideas?

I've never had the pleasure of smelling the SN: Last Year's Stale Candy Corn but this is how I would imagine it!

Sticky Pillowcase?