Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nadirah

Red Devil

A sinfully playful lust blend. Inspires sexual spontaneity, a little bit of kinkiness, and new and inventive ways to get dirty.

This smells like Blood Kiss on me, with a bit of Snake Oil thrown in for good measure. Snake Oil has some blend of spices that my skin loves and amps up hugely, but in this, the Dragon's Blood (I presume that's the resin) is so strong that the spice can't amp up too high..

This is, however, distinctly odd; I'd come to the conclusion, after a couple of impling tests, that Dragon's Blood makes me want to vomit. But this doesn't. Maybe I need to re-evaluate those tests and work out if it was some other scent. anyway, this is off-topic.

It's not exactly my thing -- I don't like resins too much, but I will keep it around and see if the voodoo works. My partner and I need spicing up, we're still in the "can't boink, have to empty boxes" of a new house.

As to the Voodoo properties, I'm not sure if it's worked yet. I did chase my partner round the apartment with a cold can of cream soda. That isn't a fetish for either of us, though, so it might not qualify.

In the bottle: Orange, cherry, a little almond, and some sort of flower. I think maybe there's jasmine, but definitely something else as well that I can't put my finger on.

Wearing: This turns quite spicy. Not cinnamon spicy, but it smells hot and sizzly. It's very light. I still smell the orangeness, and yes, it does smell like there's a little dragon's blood here. But in contrast to the usual dragon's blood, this isn't overpowering and doesn't turn soapy on me. And...is that a little bit of wood I smell, or is my nose crazy? Normally this wouldn't be my cup of tea, but it's incredibly pleasant. Contrasting with the light quality is a very slight smoky undertone.

Later: The drydown is definitely a deep amber with the citrus hanging on a bit. Sadly, it doesn't last long at all.

Overall: As a voodoo blend, it actually seemed to reduce my libido than to increase it. It did give me a kind of creative and spontaneous feel throughout the day, but it's definitely not sexual. As a scent, however, it's oddly quite likeable. I will keep the imp.

upon application this blend is orangey and spicy with a little something else going on....

sadly this one does not have much lasting power and turns sort of soury leaving all the orange/spice goodness behind *sigh*

i detect a floral of some sort as well so this might be why it turns that way.... :P

Straight out of the imp, this has a lovely joyous fruity-gum scent. On the skin, it develops into something spicier. Indeed, the spices in it made my skin a little itchy and irritated. In the drydown, the scent retains its fruity note but deepened by the spices it turns oddly powdery.

In bottle: Reminds me of clementine oranges. There's definitely some dragon's blood in this. Maybe some hints of maraschino cherries, too; it's a very bright fruity scent. It isn't at all what I was expecting; I imagined it to be an herbal blend and the reviews led me to think it'd be spicy, too. But so far, not at all!

On me: Lightly spicy - probably cinnamon. Orange is weakening but it's still there. Close my eyes and red swims before me; this is certainly the liquid form of the color red. The boy won't be over tonight but next time he is, I will have to give this a test run for its intended purpose and report back on the results. I definitely like the scent of this better than other voodoo lust/love blends.

Wet: I get a fruit, but I *can't* place it. It's the smell of a fruit leaf, I think, that it reminds me of. Sort of like if you had gotten a whiff of semi-decaying grapevine leaves...it's dark with a sense of former purpose. Let me slather this on before I start sounding like a calvin klein commercial over here...

On me: Mmm...some sort of night-blooming flower, on me. A summertime one. Very sweet, like orange blossoms, not headachey like gardenia. Starting to go a little powdery on me :P It's a comforting sort of scent, like a kind stranger coming in to wrap a blanket around you when you're sick. It's being taken care of in a place you're unfamiliar with; it doesn't smell like *home*, but it smells safe enough to relax.

~Fox

Orange blossoms, cinnamon (oooh, firey cinnamon), and an aquatic note. Red Devil is warm, sexy, well-balanced, and just plain yummy.

Starts out orangey cinnamon on me and then morphs into what I thought was violets--which I love--but maybe it's jasmine. It might be jasmine, as so many others are saying that. I like the soapy sweetness of Beth's jasmine, so this is wonderful on me.

Still, it *could* be violets....

I was surprised by the floral in the drydown since it started out as such an orangey/cinnamony thang. Very nice in all of its stages.

On me, this is all cinnamon and flowers. I love the cinnamon - love love, 100% love. The flowers, eh. But I keep sniffing the spot where I applied it, so I think the overall combonation is good!

This is interesting, because I know I tried Red Devil once before and ended up swapping it. I think my nose has grown a bit, and I'm not as afraid of flowers anymore. Or maybe this imp is slightly different. Either way...I think I'll be keeping it.

I haven't had it on long enough to test the effectiveness though...I'll get back to you.

Pardon my indecisiveness. This is my first review and my nose is so underdeveloped, it might as well not even be on my face!

In the imp: Flowers!

Wet:

On my wrists: Flowers, flowers, flowers. I thought it was roses at first, but then.. nope. Violets. The little purple and white ones that grow in the grass come early spring. Green and sweet. Reminds me of when I was in elementary and intermediate school and would pick the violets from the grass in the neighborhood on my walks home from school. But, part of me still thinks roses.

Between my breasts: There are those oranges everyone was talking about. In between my breasts. :P But, not on my wrists. I smell the floral note down here as well, but there's the barest hint of oranges, as well. Huh.

Hour later:

On my wrists: Still floral. And it's considerably faded, so I really have to sniff at my wrist.

Breasts: Nothing.

Overall: I'm not sure. I'm new at this, so.. Yea. Plus, I'm very overtired from working a very long shift last night. The floral note is giving me a bit of a headache, I think. Or that might be that whole lack of sleep deal, so I'm going to hold on to this, try it again or use it for it's Voodoo properties.

From the bottle:

Potporri! A little strong for wearing. Totally smells like dried flowers. Kinda reminds me of a grandmothers purfume, nice, but overbearing. Maybe better as a house scent.

On me: mmm. potporri. lol. i know, but this one is definately pot porri. sweet, and powdery. alot like a grandmothers purfume!

Two hours later: it hasn't been two hours yet, maybe only 30 minutes, but the scent is completely gone. all it is now is baby powder =\

Used this as a house scent. LOVELY. really strong and surrounds the whole house. I lit it up stairs, and my dad coul dsmell it downstairs. I emptied out a full imp and it still (4 hours later) has not all evapourated. This one is a gorgeous house scent. I fully reccommend it!!

My Impression:

I was not prepared for the orange explosion I got out of this one. It is quite lovely with the spicy note and the floral notes give it both balance and add to the depth of this one. Although I can't speak for it's voodoo qualities, overall it is a really lovely scent, for which I am glad I had the opportunity to try.

In the bottle this one smells of white flowers to me. ..maybe a hint of something woody.

On my skin the flowers are really prominent. I wasn't expecting this. I'm also smelling jasmine (??).

Overall, this is a very pretty scent, but perhaps too femenine and flowery for me.

I'm gonna try it again a little later and see waht I think after another day.

In the bottle: To me it smelled like a fruit smoothie in the blender, very sweet and fruity, a little metallic.

On my skin at first: It smelled like fresh, sweet lilacs. We've got a huge hedge growing next door. I felt like I was out back enjoying the scent in the sunshine.

On my skin once dry: It dried into an ashy scent, still floral with the hint of lilac, but it smelled more like burning insence. Very sweet and delicious.

I'll be looking into acquiring the 5ml of this scent.

Oh my Gosh! I absolutely adore the beginning of this one. It smells just like Tihitian Treat (the pop!) on me. After a few minutes it began to get spicy in a cinnamon, carnation kind of way, which although it wasn't the fruity goodness I was still okay with. About another half an hour after that I hazarded another sniff and all I got was lilacs. Very pretty lilacs, nonetheless, but I already have a ton of white florals so I don't think I'll be buying this one in a larger size. I do think I will finish the imp, just to smell that fleeting moment of Tihitian Treat yumminess.

Smelly like syrupy cherry cola... though now a slightly green/herbal twist is beginning to peek out.

I smell cinnamon and something really green and herbal like sage or something.. not sure about that one. Strongly herbal as it dries, which is surprising. I was expecting more of a spice kick from a "Red Devil". It's actually kind of similar to High John on my skin, the same herbal drydown.

This is preferable to High John, though.. more spice is good spice.

Still, this isn't a scent I could see myself wearing often. Oh well!

This smells like... citrus and spices, mostly an orangey kind of citrus. There's also some kind of floral note that I can't identify. It reminds me of eating fresh sweet oranges on a warm summer day.

Very sweet and candy-like in the imp. It brings orange soda to mind, in fact, but something more along the lines of Orangina instead of the uber artificial kind.

It's warmer and reminiscent of blood oranges on my wrist. The candy quality goes away leaving a darker sweetness behind. There's a floral here as well, maybe a light jasmine.

The blend is exotic to me without containing potent spices. It is sexy and intriguing. While not totally depraved, I can understand how it would inspire kinky thoughts. Good for a night when you're up for pretty much anything.

I should also add that it's not an extremely strong scent and would probably need to be reapplied if you're going for potency. :P

Going on, I got a nice spiced orange scent, but it quickly turned to a nasty dirty-laundry smell on me.

Fortunately, I was trying it with someone it worked on, so it found a good home straightaway. :P

got this as a freebie. never even noticed it on the site prior to receiving it.

i don't know what the notes are in this but i find it incredibly bland and boring after about 30 minutes. it honestly doesn't smell floral or resiny or spicy or anything. just a scent with no definition. it is completely gone in about an hour or two.

i'll definately be swapping this.

I was expecting Red Devil to be red in the imp, but instead it's a pale yellow. Scent-wise, I also get orange blossom and cinnamon, perhaps a little clove, and citrus orange. It reminds me of Decadence and Vixen.

As far as its voodoo properties, this is a very warming oil and it does seem to draw people closer. No crazy sexual escapades to report here, but very satisfying nonetheless.

A light, brisk lemony/citrus kind of scent. Very fresh w/just a hint of something sweet in the background. There's also something here that keeps it from being *too* light, familiar but can't quite place it atm.

As a perfume oil, very nice! As a Voodoo oil....I'll know how well it works when I get the chance to put it to the test :P

Sexy clove and citrus!

Red Devil is spicey and sweet. This is a very seductive scent. It fades to smell almost exactly like Blood Kiss on me.

I love this scent!

This blend is really tripping me out. It is so light on me that it's almost invisible. I get plain rose-- pretty, light, maybe a white rose. It doesn't turn to powder like other BPAL roses. After a few minutes, I can smell a very faint hint of something herbal, green, maybe a bit spicy. After five minutes it has disappeared completely.

I was so surprised by this that I applied it multiple times on different areas of my body and got the same thing. Where are all the notes that everyone else is getting? Weird!