Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
quimerula

Peach, Peach Blossom, Apricot, Nectarines

aglaea - three golden ambers, bright musk, peach wine and myrtle.

it's a beautiful peach scent, probably my favorite. some batches have a more "peachy" feel than a "peach blossom" feel, but it's definitely lighter and more innocent than tamora.

Lamia is a lovely peach scent....it is technically white peach, not peach blossom, but I find it subtle enough that it could mimic a peach blossom note. It is a really awesome scent!

What does peach blossom smell like to people?

I've only smelled it in Peach Moon, I think, but to me it smelled a lot like the taste of a peach you bite into when it's not ripe yet, and instead of being lush and juicy it's a kind of vegetal, aromatic peachiness in the back of your throat. Is that what other people are smelling? It was interesting.

thanks everyone, i've got a few of these on the way now and am looking forward to trying them.

Hi!

For peach blossom, not peach, you might want to give The Temptation a try. It's absolutely wonderful! And La bella Donna della mia Mente has this not listed too.

Katharina to me smells like straight-up Jolly Rancher peach candies. Once it's dry on me, the musk comes out, but it's still got a ton of apricot/peach scent. I love it!

Aglaea also has a strong peach scent, but not nearly as strong as Katharina on me. It also is mixed with other scents that I can't figure out. Still smells fabulous, but Katharina is my favorite peachy scent by far! I'll be ordering a whole vial soon!

Peach! I am nuts for Peach! I love Peach! I have peach with me most days, in my Mad Hatter locket in the form of the incredible Imp. Imp is awesome!!!!!!!

My hands down favorite Peach though is Josie. Josie is incredible. Buy some Josie. If you like peach this one is for you.

Urd has a lot of that high pitched fruit in it as well.

Is there another scent that uses the same Apricot note that's found in Depraved?

I really like that Apricot note, but the patchouli kills it for me in that blend - and I haven't found a Apricot note that smells similar, or is that potent in another blend...am I out of luck?

Is there another scent that uses the same Apricot note that's found in Depraved?

I really like that Apricot note, but the patchouli kills it for me in that blend - and I haven't found a Apricot note that smells similar, or is that potent in another blend...am I out of luck?

Hi :) Funny you should ask... Today I'm wearing a fabulous apricot blend...

HALOES
 (Retail Only Salon, call Courtney at Healthy Living in Vermont, 802.863.2569)

Haloes, Louis Welden Hawkins

Oak, tonka, vanilla, white sandalwood, lily of the valley, white ginger, amber, and apricot.

Haloes is oak/vanilla/apricot on my skin. Oak is a pretty distinctive note. I'm not sure how you'd feel about it if you don't like patchouli. I tend to like darker woods & resins, and I love me some patchouli (and Depraved). I've not tried any of the following, but a few general collection scents from the lab including an apricot note include:

SIREN

A thrilling, exotic blend — deceptively sweet, but spiked with malice. White ginger, jasmine, and a touch of vanilla and apricot.

GRAND GUIGNOL

Our Grand Guignol perfume is a shot of sweet apricot brandy.

KATHARINA

A strong, willful blend with a soft, utterly lovely soul: white musk with a trickle of bright, sharp apricot and orange blossom.

PANDY (don't think this one's impable)

Fresh white musk, honeycomb, sweet apricot, elemi, orange blossom, and mischievous pink pepper.

Hi :) Funny you should ask... Today I'm wearing a fabulous apricot blend...

HALOES
 (Retail Only Salon, call Courtney at Healthy Living in Vermont, 802.863.2569)

Haloes, Louis Welden Hawkins

Oak, tonka, vanilla, white sandalwood, lily of the valley, white ginger, amber, and apricot.

Haloes is oak/vanilla/apricot on my skin. Oak is a pretty distinctive note. I'm not sure how you'd feel about it if you don't like patchouli. I tend to like darker woods & resins, and I love me some patchouli (and Depraved). I've not tried any of the following, but a few general collection scents from the lab including an apricot note include:

SIREN

A thrilling, exotic blend — deceptively sweet, but spiked with malice. White ginger, jasmine, and a touch of vanilla and apricot.

GRAND GUIGNOL

Our Grand Guignol perfume is a shot of sweet apricot brandy.

KATHARINA

A strong, willful blend with a soft, utterly lovely soul: white musk with a trickle of bright, sharp apricot and orange blossom.

PANDY (don't think this one's impable)

Fresh white musk, honeycomb, sweet apricot, elemi, orange blossom, and mischievous pink pepper.

:wave:

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestion on HALOES!

I actually have this one from taking a vacation in Atlanta a while back, but it doesn't speak 'apricot' to me, mostly vanilla and heavy woods.

generally I like dark resins and woods too, but patchouli is a death note that very rarely works for me.

I also have SIREN, but it doesn't have a distinct apricot note for me either - that one is all vanilla, ginger and jasmine.

I've been eyeing PANDY, but orange blossom and pepper generally turn 'sneezing powder' on me, but I may try to find an imp on the forum.

I'll have to revisit the other two - it has been a while since I've played with those frimps.

Any other suggestions out there?

Bumping this topic as I have been on a Peach note kick. What are everyone's favorite Peach, Nectarine, or Apricot blends?

I especially like the peachy scent from the blossom so Peach Moon may be my favorite but I haven't tried many of the Dragon Con scents.

Also, I really like nectarines. I'd vote for Heavenly Ambrosial Dews of Nectar as my favorite nectarine. I'd love to hear if there are others.

Also, there's no thread for Quince and it seems like it belongs in this thread. Any ideas for a Quince scent?

Try Marquise de Merteuil.

Opulent galbanum and amber, glistening peach, and a bouquet of French florals, with a merciless undertone of jonquil and heartless vetiver.

It's delicious new and ages beautifully.

Bumping this topic as I have been on a Peach note kick. What are everyone's favorite Peach, Nectarine, or Apricot blends?

I especially like the peachy scent from the blossom so Peach Moon may be my favorite but I haven't tried many of the Dragon Con scents.

Also, I really like nectarines. I'd vote for Heavenly Ambrosial Dews of Nectar as my favorite nectarine. I'd love to hear if there are others.

Also, there's no thread for Quince and it seems like it belongs in this thread. Any ideas for a Quince scent?

I always think of quince as being in the apple/pear family. a fall fruit with seeds that oxidizes vs the spring stone fruits. so maybe light pear or apple blossom/applewood notes?!?!?

fave peaches are 2014/s peach vii: "Dried peach, black musk, and North African spices" it's amazingly perfect musky peach...or is it a peachy musk? dry and complex and perfumey and headily seductive yet still also fun, with just enough bright and sweet.

also a fan or awabi divers from the 2014 lupers: "Polished ebony, ho wood, apricot peel, patchouli-infused vanilla husk, Lebanese cedar, and vetiver."

and 2014's peach viii: "Whipped jasmine cream and peach blossom with vanilla orchid and white frankincense" is beautiful and a rare foodie scent that I can enjoy on my skin chemistry.

fave bptp peach is the golden peach and bergamot HG, also containing "patchouli, white jasmine, and glimmering golden musk"

Edited by annemathematics

I absolutely love BPAL's peach note!
I haven't smelled any of the convention-exclusive Peach Pit scents yet, but I hope I get the chance to someday.
For now, my favorites are:

GC:
Aglaea ("three golden ambers, bright musk, peach wine and myrtle")
Fae ("white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss")

LE:

Adventure With Bandits In A Kago ("nectarine and pearl peach, white frankincense, and gardenia")
Mare Nectaris ("sweet peach liquor with papaya-infused musk, golden musk, and green ti leaf")

Edited by kajacana

I am not the biggest peach fan, but I do love Peach V. I also like Peach XIV, Josie, Adventure with Bandits in a Kago and La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente.

I ADORE apricot! I love Aristocratic Couple, Depraved, Haloes, A Thought From Propertius and Pandy.

I’ve had no luck with peach blends actually smelling like peach. It always ends up smelling like a department store perfume counter on me. I’m eyeing Peach Chypre and Impeachment but I’m wondering if the same thing will happen. Does anyone know any real, fresh peachy peach scents? Maybe I should try apricot instead?

ETA: This has happened with Fae, Cat Chasing Butterflies, and Alleviate the Frenzy.

Edited by LadyLuckless

49 minutes ago, LadyLuckless said:

I’ve had no luck with peach blends actually smelling like peach. It always ends up smelling like a department store perfume counter on me. I’m eyeing Peach Chypre and Impeachment but I’m wondering if the same thing will happen. Does anyone know any real, fresh peachy peach scents? Maybe I should try apricot instead?

ETA: This has happened with Fae, Cat Chasing Butterflies, and Alleviate the Frenzy.

Not with peach in particular, but I know some fruit notes that go artificial on me tend to do a little bit better when they have good base notes like wood or patchouli to fix them so maybe you'd have better luck with Peach Chypre? 

Not with peach in particular, but I know some fruit notes that go artificial on me tend to do a little bit better when they have good base notes like wood or patchouli to fix them so maybe you'd have better luck with Peach Chypre? 

You know, that’s a really good idea! Lots of grounding notes in Peach Chypre and I notice there’s no musk in it, which I think was contributing to the “generic perfume” effect. I’ll give that a try, thanks! 😊

Has anyone come across a peach/apricot perfume that seems like it would belong in the Lace family? Probably would be LE.

I love the Laces' vanilla musk base & think it would pair well with peach/apricot. It's been a while since I've been on a fruit kick, so I know I've missed a bunch.