Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A vital, bold scent, throbbing with sensuality. Essence of dragon’s blood resin, thickened with myrrh and cherry, with a trickle of clove.

Dragon's blood, cherries, and myrrh. It comes out smelling metallic, like blood! Hot, sweet, and sticky! I can't pull this one off though, it's way too heavy on me. :P Edited by Shollin

It smells sweet and like dragon's blood in the bottle, but when wet, you can smell something spicy (it says cloves, but I could swear I smelled cinnamon), the cherry is definitely there and something floral, not sure what.

It gave me a headache! This is a singular event; I never get headaches from scents, I'd like to know what did it.

After drydown I smell myrrh. It is too strong, but not bad in itself. But the headache! Blech!

Mmmm Blood :P. This scent is very straightforward on me but very nice all the same. I get juicy dragon's blood and spicy cloves (which have a cinnamonish edge to them) with no morphing. Dragon's blood has a slightly sweet cherry smell to me anyway, so it's hard to tell if the extra cherries really come out. If they do it's very subdued, which is great as the cherry note usually amps way too much on me. This scent does make my skin a little tingly when first applied, but vanishes after about 10 minutes.

Overall, I find this to be a very silthery sensual scent. Something a vampiress would wear.

It's a nice blood color, too. When I first put it on, all I smelled was cherries, which made me sad because chemical cherries smell like ass. However, the cherries faded and now I'm left with a nice spicy smell. Yay for blood! Lots of myrrh, and I can smell the cloves too. Good blood!

Score: 5 out of 5

This is another one of the imps from one of my first forays into bpal via ebay... (hey, I have thirteen of them, plus a couple of frimps!)

In the imp: something sharp, cherry (like the bright red maraschino ones, in syrup?), plus some fruit. It's definitely blood-coloured, well oxygenated?

Wet on skin: I don't actually know what dragon's blood smells like, but given that I've got both Blood and Dragon's Heart, I can detect a similarity, that something sharp + cherry + some sort of rose. The first review against Dragon's Blood, by blackrayne describes Dragon's blood as somewhere between rose and cherry + earthiness, which makes sense to me. Something incensey, nothing that makes me think clove, or cinnamon.

Dry: Something metallic, maybe caused by cinnamon? Less on the cherry now, kind of more like rose incense. The sharpness kind of goes away, but I'm learning quick that even if something doesn't smell in the imp like something I'd want to willingly wear, I should try everything on skin first, because quite a lot of notes perhaps not pleasant to me, will go away once they've warmed up a little.

Overall, I quite like this, maybe not enough to want more than an imp's worth, seeing as I can't actually think of a situation where it would be appropriate in mood and setting to wear this. I can't see me wearing this to work, we're heading into summer in the southern hemisphere, and I think of this more as a cooler weather scent. Actually, it's still kind of cold, and I'll feel kind of cold until probably December/January anyways ... The DH popped into the computer room to see what I was up to, so he got to have a sniffie at both wrists - he didn't mind this one, quite possibly because it didn't involve lavender *grin*

Blood-

In Bottle: Dragon's Blood cherry-powder scent.

Wet: I smell Dragon's Blood, but, oh, it's really set off well by the extra cherry and clove in this. Delish!

Dry: This is a heavy, clove-y blend of Dragon's Blood, but that's not a bad thing. When I feel the need to be intense and cherry-ish, I'll pull this one out.

Overall: Gooood.

In the bottle -- very tangy, sharp and spicy. I get the clove almost instantly.

On wet -- I don't get cherry or fruit at ALL from this! It smells almost like incense in a shop on me, which is very odd. Almost like nag champa? Am not sure if I like this.

on dry -- It's settled down into nothing but myrrh. Warm, incensey, myrrh, I assume. It's a very heavy scent, I'm not sure if I will use my imp up or not due to the fact that I can't really come up with a situation, as a previous reviewer said, where it's appropriate to wear this. I will feel odd wearing it at work today.

This wasn't bright red like most dragons blood blends are so I wasn't as scared as I usually would be when I see the giant horrible words DRAGONS BLOOD typed in black font in the scent description :P

The first thing I smell is a thick and rich myrrh with a dribble of cherry sweetness.

On my skin this doesn't change at all. Thankfully I'm not getting any dragons blood resin at all. *whew*

It's sweet, resiny and very delicious.

In the imp: This smells more complex than I thought it would. It's certainly not a dragon's blood dominated blend. I smell the cherry right off.

Wet: The cherry note is also strong when it goes wet.

Drydown and wear: The cherry goes down, thankfully, as it is not one of my favorite notes, and the scent gets spicier. The clove and myrrh, two notes that my skin amps anyway, come out to the fore. It's not a bad scent, but I prefer Chimera for a spicy scent.

i took a chance and bought a 10ml of this from Aunt Pat because i knew her bottle would be aged. my skin chemistry tends to flip the lower notes to the top, and i was praying to god this would happen with blood, so i could smell clove-y....and it worked! i don't get any of the cherry that others have commented on, the myrrh comes to the front giving me that head shop incense buzz, and the clove is definitely in there as well. i LOVE warm scents like this, i'm so glad i got a giant bottle.

This scent is absolutely beautiful. I recently made my first purchase of imp's ears and this one was my favorite. I didn't really notice a difference from when it was in the imp to when I put it on and let it dry. The whole time I had the smell of cloves on me. I'm in love with it. My nose is not that well-trained yet so I'm afraid I can't pick out any more details, maybe a little bit of sweet incense mixed in but mostly I pick up on the cloves. Either way it is really nice.

BLOOD

Well...... Lovely!

In the imp and when first applied it's Cherry Cherry Cherry with a bit of Dragon's blood and the smallest hint of clove, I don't smell myrrh at all.

The cherry Dissapears really really quickly for me, shame, but it doesn't go completley, it leaves behind a tiny bit of sweetness but not too much. What's left is a really nice soft, sweet version of Dragon's blood, Still no myrrh and the clove has gone now too!

It's really nice, but wouldn't say it's my favourite Dragons Blood blend.

This is a really fantastic scent! :P

In the imp: Strong, sweet but yet almost bitter too. Burns my nose a little. Wonder what it will smell like on.

On my skin: Whooboy! This baby has some throw. Starts of will one hell of a kick. Very sharp but yet sweet too, powerful, intense. I can smell the dragons blood, fruit, and clove.

After about an hour and a half: this really mellows nicely into a pretty, soft, sweet fragrance. Dragon's blood and my skin are friends. I really enjoy this scent. 5 out of 5!

I liked Blood in the imp. For the first few minutes on my skin, it was strictly dragon's blood with a drop of cherry, then the clove and incense came out. After about an hour, the dragon's blood and cherry receded completely, leaving clove, which I love, and something else that I don't love. Maybe myrrh? Myrrh and frankincense sometimes work on me and sometimes don't. This one is a don't, which is a shame because I was hoping to add a happy BPAL clove scent to my treasure chest.

ETA: Forgot to mention the mild and chewy cherry flavor.

Edited by Thursdae

Through some bizarre mix-up, my boyfriend's gift bottle of Blood Kiss (for my birthday!) arrived as a bottle of Blood... which I had never tested. Thankfully the power of email and the incredible customer service provided by Sara have resolved the problem (thank you Sara!!)

Thankfully again, I really like Blood.

It goes on pretty strongly cherry-clove smelling (odd because dragon's blood resin in Draon's Milk just smells like horrible hyacinths on me). Underneath the fruit and spice is what I assume is the myrrh, smelling slightly smoky and resiny. It mellows down to something deep and rich on my skin, and the longer I wore it the happier I was when I got wafts of it.

My mother claimed that this smelled too "heavy and spicy" for me... but I like it. It's like Blood Kiss's more full-bodied, ruby-red cousin. The one with the smear of cherry syrup on her lips.

On first application, this is dark cherry syrup, sweet and thick and a little spicy. Zow! As it dries, the sweetness mellows, making this an even darker, smokier scent. This smolders on me, the clove-incense-smoke note taking over the blend, though the cherry note never disappears.

In the beginning, this was yummy cherries, and alas the dreaded "cleaner" note that I've heard so much about but not previously encountered. Thankfully, the cleaner goes away as it dries, but unfortunately so does the cherry. This ends up as a slightly spicier dragon's blood on me. I'll probably wear it again, and hope that the cherries stick around :P

In The Imp: Cherries!!!! Warm, syrupy, home made cherry preserves, spiced with a hint of clove. The scent of the cherry juice concentrating as the liquid reduces, and, the sugar slowly intesifies. :D !

On Skin, Wet: Cloves, and a drier Dragon's Blood note than what usually comes out on my skin. The dry feel could be the Myrrh, though I'm not getting a distinctively "Myrrh" note from this.

Initial Drydown: Clove, Myrrh, and something distinctively green that hadn't been there before. Smells a bit like Vertiver actually, but, there isn't any vertiver in this blend (as far as I know) . Oddly enough, the same "green" note has been showing up in the initial drydown of almost everything I wear lately, could just be a slight change in body chemistry. :P

Mid Drydown: Hey, the cherries are coming back! Yay! It's now those little dried cherries, not the tiny little shriveled ones, but, the big, sticky, plump ones. The Myrrh is still making the Dragon's Blood dry, (like fresh bark, rather than resin).

There's barely a hint of clove left.

Final Drydown: Unfortunately, due to the extremes of winter, this is fading quickly on me, as my skin is drinking the oil. However while it lasts, this scent is rich, and, beautiful, and, envelopes me in a blanket of scent. Perfect comfort scent for the winter, has great throw too. :D

Wow, this scent is pretty spot on. On me I get dragon's blood, cinammon, clove and cherry. I can never tell what myrrh smells like, so I can't detect it. Something makes this scent smell metallic, like well, blood. I think it's the clove that's doing that. But the metallic smell is very slight, and it's even nice in this blend. It's a very warm spicy scent. I like it alot! One of the most cinammony blends I've tried. If you hate cinammon though, you'll want to stay away from this.

In the imp: Sweet juicy cherries

Wet: Woah, cherry overload! I love the smell, but after the cherry in Blood Kiss completely took over and turned sickly sweet - and then would NOT wash off - I'm very wary of it.

Drydown: Oh wow. The cherry softens and becomes more subdued quite quickly, and this is now a sweet fruity resinous scent with a bit of cloves. LOVE!

Dry: Ah, so this is the metallic scent. This really does smell like blood! A really nice sweet blood mind you. I don't mind the metallic part, but I wish it would hurry up and go away so I can get back to that wonderful scent underneath it.

Later dry: The metal has gone, but unfortunately so has most of the cherry and the cloves have completely disappeared. The myrrh never makes an appearance. This is now just a very soft and subtle dragon's blood, a lot like what remains of Dragon's Milk after 6 hours or so. I do adore dragon's blood, but there are ones I much prefer to this.

I wish this had stayed at that pre-metallic stage.

On the wand, it’s slightly spicy and rather sharp. On my wrist, it melts into a thick, furry scent with multiple intersecting elements.

The clove is very strong. This is a dry scent, and I wouldn’t describe it as sensual. The dragon’s blood is basically asleep right now, though I can pick up a touch of what I recognize as BPAL cherry. It’s a sour, slightly off note -- there’s no true fruitiness at all to this scent right now. The dragon’s blood resin must be comparatively very slight, because it is contributing spiciness without contributing any of its characteristic full, fruity weight.

This continues as it began: spicy, slightly sharp, and dry. It isn’t metamorphic, and it has good staying power, but I’m just not drawn to the smell itself.

Ooh, I like this. For the most part this is cherry and clove -a yummy combination. This doesn't smell like real cherries, but it doesn't smell like cherry cough syrup either. The dragons blood hangs out in the background just adding that extra edge of numminess. This isn't a sexy blend like Blood Kiss, though - I think the lack of musk actually takes away from the scent a bit. This is a more of a light, playful daytime scent. I think I'll see how long it takes me to use up my imp before I consider ordering a bottle, though.

I go back & forth on this one. I cannot decide if I like it or hate it. I don't love it, but sometimes... I almost crave it.

In Bottle: (ok, I mean "In Imp") Someone spiked the cherry cough syrup with cloves. It's thick, a little sweet, and vaguely metallic.

On Skin: Still cloves and an oddly chemical cherry. It fades out almost the same as it goes on, which is odd - most of the other scents I've tried morphed a lot as they dried. It's kindof nice: fruity and chemical. It smells like the color red.

I made the mistake of smelling this imp again during my period... BLECH. Something in my body made me want to wretch, and that slight metallic note was amplified tenfold. Because of that, it will be a while before I'll want to try this one again.

The dragon's blood and cherry in this make it so sickly-sweet on me--it smells gorgeous in the imp and then it's sweet sweet syrup all the way on my skin. The clove is there, but not enough to balance out the sweetness. It smells a lot like Dragon's Heart.

I do get the metallic note underneath everything else, and it does give the scent a bloodlike quality. If it weren't so sweet I'd love this, but it just doesn't work on me.