Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A vital, bold scent, throbbing with sensuality. Essence of dragon’s blood resin, thickened with myrrh and cherry, with a trickle of clove.

How odd - I could swear I had an imp of this months ago that i swapped away - and that I had even reviewed it, but I don't see anything!

Regardless - the lab clearly knows best as I got this as an extra (thanks!!) in my last order - and I've decided it is now my favorite dragon's blood scent - and I've tried nearly all of them at this point.

In the bottle: Sweet syrupy cherry and dragon's blood.

Wearing: The same for a few minutes, then the bitter sharp spice of the clove takes over quite a bit, with the myrhh adding a slightly smoky edge.

Drydown: The cherry becomes less obviously "cherry", yet still there providing a vague sweetness. The clove remains dominant on me, with the dragon's blood and myrrh not far behind. It is dark red and mysterious and kind of unsettling and I love it.

This is one of the ONLY scents that dragon's blood retains the spicy, resiny scent I was familiar with from making incenses, etc. (If often goes very floral - or fruity floral - on me.) I'll be checking the sales/swaps for a bottle!

Blood has been on my "die to try" list for quite a bit now, and I'm a sucker for names. I normally don't do dragon's blood very well, as it has a tendency to go soapy on me. However, I love Blood Kiss and so Blood was a must try There's a hint of cherries (and soap) when wet but the myrrh almost immediately takes over. The clove adds a pleasant bit of spice in the background.

As time goes on, something in this (I harbor a suspicion it is some type of musk) is creating a sweet, powdery base for this, which nicely eases some of the harshness of this blend. This is a very dry, smoky, and spicy blend. I was expecting my juice from the cherries to lend it a more liquid-like quality. This is what I would expect blackened (but aromatic!) blood to smell like.

I'm not sure I would ever wear this in an unaltered form, but I think I'll keep the imp around to jazz up my Hearth when necessary.

Dragon's Blood resin on me is exactly cinnamon candy, and the cherry hits hard too. There's a clovy spiciness to it, but mostly, it's just crazy headache-y sweet.

I wish I could smell the clove or the cherry on my skin. I think the dragon's blood takes over on me, though. It's a sort of sweet yet bitter scent. It's rather "darker" than I like, very heavy, like velvet drapes or something. Resinous and red, so it's named aptly. On me, though, it's got nothing to brighten it up.

It's not me, unfortunately. I love clove and cherry, so I'm pretty sad it didn't work on me like it works on others.

I am quickly learning that myrrh goes funny on my skin. I smelled the dbr, I smelled the clove and the cherry. Ah, delicious. Fantastic. But in about 10 minutes the myrrh popped out and killed the other scents. Wahhh! I tried it several times hoping I could convince the myrrh to chill out, but nope. Myrrh, myrrh and more myrrh. :P

Blood is a stylized, but recognizable version of its namesake.

The initial fruity/almondy notes burn off after a few minutes, and I'm left with smoky heat and a coppery flavour. As a close-to-the-skin scent Blood has some intriguing possibilities, but I would be more likely to use it to add weight to a cooler scent.

Surprisingly, Blood reminds me alot of Kabuki - but I can wear Blood without getting raised welts, unlike Kabuki. I mostly smell cherries, with some spice - cloves, maybe, or cinnamon. Something darker underneath, though I'm not sure what. Anyway, Blood is a keeper - I really enjoyed Kabuki, but not the welts. Blood smells close enough that it's a good replacement (though no anise, which I liked). Yummy.

In the bottle: Cherry, myrrh, and clove

First on: It's almost sickly sweet, and definitely doesn't have that metallic tang I would expect from something named Blood. the dragon's blood and cherry merge together, the myrrh makes it a hot, thick goopy scent, and the clove just adds a bit of "what is that?" to it.

Drydown: The clove comes out a bit more, and it's not as sickly sweet. The main scent though is the same. I really like it & have to get a big bottle.

Very plain dragon's blood at first. (helped along by a tight imp cap, which made my entire hands Blood-y!) Softens nicely, though, eventually. I get the hint of myrrh there, at least.

First sniff: As nonsensical as it sounds, Blood is a dark, dangerous cherry.

Wearing: Hot damn. Why oh why did this one keep getting pushed off my wishlist? Was it the name? Or possibly those crappy reviews on MUA lo these many moons ago? I should have known better. Dragon’s blood loves me. On my skin, the resin takes over, toning down the sweetness of the cherry and giving the whole thing a fantastic kick of slink. Oh yeah, this one is getting worn a lot. The clove is just barely there, adding just enough sweet spice to make things interesting. No one ever asks me what scent I’m wearing, but I’m hoping they do today, just so I can answer. :P

I'll preface this by saying I adore clove. Dragon's blood-love it, myrrh-yum.

In imp/first applied, ew ew ew CLOVE. Nostril burning, headache inducing CLOVE, for the first ten minutes or so. wtf??

A bit on the masculine side, in fact, goes generic, cheap men's cologne for a good while. blah.

After....30+ minutes, clove mellows a little and the cherry and dragon's blood make their appearance. Unfortunately, not enough to tame the clove and no sign of myrrh :D

With my nose to my wrist, not bad at all really. But at arm's length, that cheap cologne thing is prevalent.

So much for this being a good one for those w/vampiric tendencies.

Didn't get *any* feeling/impression/etc. of blood in any way, shape or form. :P

But I'll give this another try later.

In the imp, this smells very good, like dark, spiced cherries.

Once it touches me, however, it becomes chewable vitamins. I think it's something about the clove, which I usually like, in combination with the dragon's blood or cherry. Dragon's blood only works sometimes on me, and I haven't tried anything else with cherry.

It does seem like a blood-like scent, though. Too bad it didn't work on me.

This is a very sensual scent for me. It brings the spice and sweetness together very well. I feel like a woman in every essence of the word while wearing this.

My very first BPAL scent that I have tried and.... I LOVE IT!

In the bottle: Smells like sweet cherries, yet the smell is thick and it lingered in my nose long after I closed the imp. I liked the initial smell so I put some on my wrists.

Wet: The cherry smell still, but a sweeter and less thick scent. I wanted to eat my wrists! YUM!

Drydown: Cherry smell fading a bit, and a can smell a musky undertone mixing (well) with the fading cherry.

Dry: No more cherry smell. Instead there is a bit of muskyness to it, and certainly some spice. A very sensous and dark smell that seems seductive and tempting. Everyone that lives with me loved it on me, including my dog. I actually put some on him and everyone that pet him in the park commented on how wonderful he smelled:) I guess his hair chemistry works well with Blood too:P

Overall? Wonderful first BPAL impression, wonderful scent. I want a bottle of this, but will hold off until (a) I have money to splurge with and (:P I have tried more scents.

After much deliberation, I put an imp of this in my very first lab order. In between times, I acquired an imp of Blood Kiss (which was what I had been deliberating about) and then read the reviews of Blood and got decidedly less excited about this particular blend.

When my order arrived, I actively disliked the scent of this one in the imp. Something about it was so strong and almost acrid, that I put it aside. As others have said, it is not so much that this scent smells of blood, but it is very evocative of the idea of blood.

After trying a bunch of other BPAL, it didn't smell so strong to me and I decided to try it this morning, and I really do like this scent. It is very similar to Blood Kiss and the other Dragon's Blood blends I've tried, all of which seem to work well for me. Kiss is still my favorite, because I like the honey, fruity notes of that. I really do not get the cherryl cough syrup or other strong fruit notes that others seem to get out of this one. It is a heavy, spicy, heavily Dragon's Blood-y (with that hint of cherry, but nothing independent) for me.

I like it...probably not enough to buy a 5 ml, since my coming 5ml of Blood Kiss will serve my "blood" needs, but I will use my impsy, I do believe...

Unfortunetely I'm terrible with individual notes, but here's my overall impression-

My skin absolutely eats cherry notes, much to my repugnation! This was the sort of feral scent I was expecting with Ravenous, the clove really staying in the forefront for me with any sweetness mellowing out the bite to it and binding it very smoothly.

What I found the most impressive point of this blend was the impression it gave me, a very empowering scent, but more bold than sexual to my nose. The only downside was that I expected if I'd chosen it that morning I would have given the customer who's been chasing me around his design options a piece of my mind! A very musky, dark, deep and penetrating smell, that I very much enjoy!

I'd definitely enjoy the imp I have but I prefer the creamy undertones of Blood Kiss far more along with the resin, though I'd love this on a lover.

First on I got smacked over the head with clove.

After about 15 minutes I got the cherries for about 30 seconds. Then it turned spicy, in a nice way.

Last well and never turned on me, good boy :P

Tied it on the hubby and ewwww, not for him at all. Turned all b.o. in minutes.

Oh well, one more for me, hehehehe.

Wow this one really actually does smell like blood. The clove actually gives it that drizzle of a sharp metallic twang that you can smell in real blood. Clove blends never work for me, as my skin likes to magnify the clove to the max. A beautiful interpretation of blood, though, and I'm sure others go crazy for this one.

Whoa! Cherry coke! The cherry fades a bit with time, and after two hours, Blood gets a bit of a clean scent with a hint of sweetness from the dragon's blood. Very bizarre, considering the name is Blood. In the clean stage, I get a hint of clove.

It smelled very cherry in the imp but on the skin the clove came into full bloom. after a few minutes it died down and the dragon's blood came out with a bit of the cherry. This is definately a thicker fragrance that lasted a long time on me. I really like it and the girl that sits next to me in class really did too :P

In the bottle:

Dark maracchino cherry

On me:

This is a lot like Blood Kiss, only the sweet/sensual part of it is gone. This is earthy, raw, and sexual - but not smooth and creamy. The cherry is heavier in this, and it's a dark cherry, lacking all but a tiny little taste of it's normal sweetness. This cherry is backed by very dark wood, the smell of myrrh making this earthy and deep.

Final note:

I didn't catch the clove in this, but it was pretty much everything it said it would be. Definitely an interesting scent, very sexual in my opinion. Would work on a man or a woman.

Wet on me this is dark, spicy dragons blood resin, there is also a medicine note to it, which I don't think is the clove, but may be the myrrh. Dry on me it's much the same, but the medicine note has gone. It's warm, spicy, inviting and moorish, it's what I always want red wine to taste like (and I know that there's no logic in that).

starts out wet sticky cherry, which I DO NOT like. rapidly fades off to a wonderful haze of warmth swetness and spices that I adore though :P It's a languid red scent that I ,ike very much after I get past the cherries.

Why I tried it: It sounded yummeh.

In the bottle and wet: Dragon's blood and really sweet cherry.

Drying down: Still quite sickly sweet but the clove is showing up now.

Dry: The sticky sweet has gone away and the myrrh is there now. It's not a bad balance, although I'd like a like a little more clove. It's got the same note I've noticed in other resinous BPAL blends, a kind of incensey scent that makes me smell like I've been handling really good incense. I'm undecided on this, but since I know someone who would probably love it, I think it's going to her.

I was completely prepared to hate this one-- it was a frimp from the generous Lab-- since my previous experiences with dragon's blood have been less than ideal. But Blood surprised me quite nicely...

In the vial this is all cherries and tickly incense to me, very heavy and slow-moving. I wasn't sure what I was expecting but this ain't it. Once applied, the cherries died down to a pleasant, background sort of sweetness, and the spicy incense smell-- must be the myrrh and the clove-- come to the front. I know the dragon's blood is there, but it's so well-blended I can't pick it out properly.

This fits the description and the title perfectly. There's even a teensy hint of the metallic sort of feel you get with real blood. I put this on last night and fell asleep with my wrist by my face, just breathing in the fantastic, languid smell... it's still there this morning, albeit in much reduced form. Gorgeous, delicious, brilliant!