Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
heartbeast

Graveyard Dirt

... This is the scent of pure graveyard dust, spattered with grave loam and dusted lightly with tombstone moss.

Holy Crap! I could swear I'm working in my garden.

It is so impressive how Graveyard Dirt actually smells like freshly turned, moist, rich soil. I do also get a bit of plant or herbal in the background.

GD doesn't do any morphing. It smells on my skin just like it did in the bottle which is awesome.

This will be a fantastic scent to apply for elemental earth workings. :wub:

This perfume is dirt. There is no better way to explain this. It's like getting your hands into rich, damp loam and breathing it in. There's a little spice from the wood chips, and a little something that I can only describe as wet. But God, I cannot believe how spot on this was, and will be returning to Etsy to buy at LEAST one bottle.

I'm getting the same dirt-note and underground feel that zombie has, but without the sweetness of the rose. This is a bit more harsh and realistic. It's like smelling upturned, damp ground. Wow!

Edited by Cali

I have two graveyard dirts: one from 2008 and one from 2016. Both are very similar, but the newer one stays closer to the skin, while the aged one is more pungent. I can't wait to try those dirty scents with some other more innocent BPALs!

For being a dirt scent I found this surprisingly light, green, fresh, and loamy. There's an almost crispness to it, too, like how I want the dead leaves note to work in manu Autumnal scents that never work. This is a good replacement, almost a cross between dirt and the Lab's beautiful oak note. 😃 Although I enjoy Whisper Sisters dirt note a smidge more, I'm so happy to finally find a bottle of this. It embodies more of the dead leaves and dirt you would find in a graveyard and I absolutely love it. Another thing, I'm grateful its not a patchouli dirt blend, as many dirt blends can be. It's fresher, lighter. So good. ❤️

PS : layers gloriously with Bluebonnet single note. 

Edited by RoseThornAndOak