Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
pinky

Honey

I got a 5ml of the Single Honey note - oh my! This is a sexier honey than I was expecting, deep and rich. It's so deep and warm. Very nice. I'm not good at decribing scents - This isn't a sicky sweet honey.

Yes! This is honey. Warm, rich and sticky, sweet but not entirely candy like. Sensual. It has that heady, slightly boozy feel that I always associated with the scent of real honey too, so I was thrilled. Must be a honey meade association. Anyway, this is a lovely scent. Strong with good staying power and throw and smells complex enough to wear along even though its a single note. I'm happy to have a full bottle of this. Love it!

I'm not usually a fan of honey, but that's apparently because it hasn't been Beth's version.

Wearing this amazing scent, I picture her forcing an entire beehive into a Willy-Wonka looking machine, which chugs and chugs and suddenly spits out bee-shaped capsules of golden gel ... it's because I get a sense that this isn't just honey distilled, it's honey and honeycomb.

I love the pale, flowing pastry-ness of this note, and I'm thrilled to know what adds the delectable note to blends that have honey in them, but no spice - even though I smell a definite powdery spice that's not otherwise describeable.

There's no question why the Lab has such fabulous blends - between their expertise and the fabulous individual notes Beth creates to blend with, we're geting nothing but the finest. Another winner!

First sniff: Not your average Honey – this is darker and much richer than clover honey, with a hint of smokiness to balance the sweet. This is something I could wear on my skin and not feel like I should be stirring it into hot tea instead.

Wearing: Smoky-sweet, oh my yes. Wow. If it stays this good it’s going on my favourites list. This scent is the exact colour of Anne McCaffrey’s bronze dragons – it’s too dark and smoky to be golden. Walking into work I kept thinking this is the way I wish my skin smelled. Sadly… by the end of the night it reminds me quite a bit of the boozey burned scent Hellcat turned into on my skin. I’m not entirely sure what went wrong where, but it’s nowhere near as gorgeous as it started out. That said, I’ll definitely wear it again, and keep the imp around to reapply when it starts going funny, because it takes several hours and the scent up until then is truly droolworthy.

Wow, I also got a 5ml of Honey and its breathtaking. As mentioned from earlier reviews, its not a sickly sweet honey but a balanced honey which conveys a bronzed smoldering beauty. Not at all like Lush's Honey range, this is much more sophisticated in its complexity.

First Impression: This is what I love about O, Jezebel, Eve and Tiger Lily.

Second Impression: I thought it would be sweeter but it's a very clean and fresh smell.

Final Analysis: Rich and deep yet clean and fresh. It's one of those "I can't stop smelling myself" smells.

The longest-lasting oil I’ve tried so far – this is usually still around 24 hours after application, although mellower and a little muskier/mustier. It’s sweet, of course, and warm-gold smelling, but as shriekingviolet said above, complex enough to wear by itself – to me, this is like honey made from very strong-scented flowers, so a little very mixed floral is there too. This would probably be a bigger-bottle if it weren’t for the fact that it lasts so well even in small quantities.

(side-note – I’ve been eating Toblerone honey-nougat chocolates for probably 20 years; only after smelling this Honey could I really identify the honey-taste in with the chocolate and almond. Lovely side effect!)

This is my cosy home and bedtime scent. It is long lasting, honest, en golden. Now i can detect the honey in other scents. It's a lot like O but without the naughty sex element. Love it! :P

Golden, warm, and surprisingly not as sweet as I had anticipated. This is rich and soothing, calming and while it starts a bit sharp on me, mellows beautifully as I go. I'm so very glad I nabbed a 5ml of this before it was retired, but I'll donate the imp to swaps to share. lovely!

This is the perfect honey note that I've been looking for. Most of Beth's honey blends that I've tried have been too sweet. The single note, however, smells like dark golden honey. It has an underlying sweetness, but it's not overwhelming.

this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! golden, warm, rich. this is what i've always wished honey would smell like. it smells like wild honey, not tamed honey. it smells like honey that's been sitting in the hive in the sun in a summer meadow all day. it is a scent that goes right to the top center of my brain, and spreads out from there, almost feeling like it is dripping down the inside of my skull.

this is definitely one of those scents i can feel.

oh, how i wish i had ordered 7 bottles before it got discontinued.

I can see that this actually sort of contributed to my "incense" impression from O. Except the wee bit from this compared with the super-incensey amber made me just want to throw my imp of O out the window in disappointment. This is what I wanted O to smell like. A perfect honey. Sultry, rich, slightly syrupy and slightly sweet but in no way sickly or cloying. This is going to be an absolute pleasure to layer with. Another single note I like as well as my Vanilla Bean, which is saying a lot.

BPAL's version of these scents is infinitely better than any other single note I've tried, so it's a shame that the single notes are discontinued. If you're a fan of honey, it is absolutely imperative you get your hands on some of this!

i love honey. i like to keep several kinds around to suit my different moods (eating honeys, that is!). to me, honey single note is, not surprisingly, a perfumey honey. its not so much straight up honey as it is honey mingled with the blossoms that helped produce it. its a light, lovely, golden perfume honey.

The honey single note is clean, sweet honey straight out of the jar. It feels a lot like a light version of O.

I love my imp, but now I'm sad I wasn't able to afford a 5ml of this before it was discontinued. :P

The single note honey is quite similar to O, but sweeter and less resious (which makes sense, as there is no amber). Unfortunatly, it gets a slightly plastic-y undertone by itself on my skin. However, if I mix the honey with other things, I can't smell it, so it's okay.

Honey

This is no ordinary table honey, squeezed out of a plastic bear. This is sexy honey. A nice complement to O or Lush's B Never shower gel.

I finally got an imp of Honey single note in a swap, it's been on my wishlist for ages. Wow, it's nowhere near as sweet as I was expecting, much more of that waxy beeswax kind of smell, definitely a base note and very sexy. I got hold of some real cocoa absolute that I have been saving to try layered with this. Gnuuuugh, I smell like Toblerone :P

This is not a sweet honey at all. It's warm and very grown up, rich and almost intoxicating. It's an extremely sexy scent, even more so than O. Very strong too, you only need a tiny drop and it's still noticeable from a distance. Wow pretty much sums it up. :P

WOW *wakes up from swoon*

this is the main component in "o" i def can pick it out , now having the single note, this is thick, sweet, sexual, this actually smells "sticky" if that is possible.

In bottle: It's a different honey that what I'm used to. It is dark and rich, and much less flowery than I expected.

On me: It is much more incensey than I thought honey could be; I really am used to super-sweetened honey. It definitely seems more than merely liquid honey - the scent of the honeycomb and the beeswax is all here as well. It also grows stronger as I wear it instead of weaker. Most interesting.

This is the honey smell that I recognize in Skuld and would swear it's in Anubis as well...I haven't tried O yet so I can't speak for that. A very dark honey, rather surprisingly dark, and I am not generally fond of honey (too sticky) but I don't mind this. I wouldn't wear it but I am glad to know what the note is, that I recognize in other blends.

Got my imp of honey today....a bit of it leaked but i have 75% left (yay!).

This smells like the first honey pull of spring. Its a bit too light and not tangy enough for me, so it's gonna be swapped out. It smells almost like beeswax and pollen mixed together. (If I want to smell like that I'll go stand in my basement next to my dads beekeeping crap.)

Very yummy. My mom keeps asking me if I spilled honey on my shirt or something. :P

I personally would say this smelt more like honeysuckle than honey (I haven't tried the honeysuckle single note so I can't compare them). Having said that it is a lovely scent and is probably more wearable than the scent I envisaged as honey. It is very stong though, it leaked a little in transit and the first thing that hits me now when I lift the lid off my imp house is the smell of Honey.

Honey Single Note...

In the Vial: Honey, just honey... Yum.

Wet: Sweet, very sweet on my skin, a lot like O.

Dry: So very sweet, quite like O but not exactly, it's just the Honey part of it, not the rest... But it's BEAUTIFUL.

Conclusion: This is really good. :P I really like this.

I reccommend: If you like this, you'll love O! It's the closest I've found to this Honey note... Or if you like this and O you'll love Lush's B Never (d/ced) shower Gel, it's like Honey, or O, trapped in a bottle.

Very rich, true honey scent in thie amazing single note. I expected it to be a lot sweeter than it is, but I actually think it would be too sweet if it were like I was expecting. It's positively perfect just the way it is. :P