Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Gin

Lemongrass

Lemony, but not quite like the fruit. Lemongrass is more complex than that. There's a heaviness here, it's not as fleeting as a true lemon. Very nice.

at first: this is pure, sharp, slightly sweet lemongrass. great!

on: fabulous! fresh, earthy, herbal lemongrass.

1 hour later: sharper and more lemony now. very nice.

3.5 hours later: still pure lemongrass.

7 hours later: this has lasted pretty well. it's a bit lighter now, but still very true to its original scent.

overall: a great, pure lemongrass. this will be great during the summer.

Oooo! This is a lot lice lemon italion ices, but with a slight herbal bitterness to it. As it dries down it maintains it's "bite" while getting smoother and softer--yum! :P

Bottle (Imp): Wow, Lemon Pledge, but nice. Tee hee.

Just On: Much better, it's less Pledge, and more lemongrass.

An hour or two later: Ahh yes, very nice lemony note.

Around 6 hours: Still pretty lemony, which is nice, as many citrus notes fade sooner.

12 hours: There is still the last vestige of lemony-ness, which is really neat.

Overall: Oh, it's gorgeous.

After reading other reviews: I guess nobody else got the hint of Pledge at first, but since it went away fast, and turned into a beautiful lemony scent, it didn't matter.

Well, since I am about to part with all of my much sought after and hard won Single Notes from BPAL, I thought that before they go, I would do some reviews.

Imp: Tarted, won in Ebay auction

Mmm...I like this more than I thought I would! It is sharper than Lemon Verbena, which I find more earthy, but instead of smelling like sour lemons (as I thought it would), it smells more like a lemon meringue pie! It definitely has a sweetness to it that I didn't expect. :-)

Only problem is now I am hungry for sweets! heheh

I'm not getting much sweetness at all from this singlenote, it has more of an herbal sharpness to it. Cutting citrus.

After about 5 minutes, this does get a bit sweeter and I recognize it as the same lemon scent that I got in Namaste. Like lemon drops, but more bitter than the candies.

The staying power of this one is rather impressive. It was still going strong after about 5 hours, but I'm not a citrus/lemon loving person, so I scrubbed it off. Not for me, but I know a friend who will love this.

Lemongrass - This is a really sweet, almost candy-like lemon scent. I had anticipated that it would be slightly herbal, but the single note oil form isn't at all. I think lemongrass may be one of the "lemon Pledge" culprits when blended with just the right combo of other notes, although in its single note form, I don't fully get the Pledge experience from it. It's got really strong throw initially, but after about 20 minutes, it sticks closer to the skin and softens up significantly. I'm not a fan of lemon scents in general, so I can't really say I'd wear this on its own, but it's really good to have a chance to test it so I can hopefully identify it more easily in blends.

This starts as a very strong lemon-minty scent. It becomes intense in contact with skin, and it lasts forever and ever and ever. The difference with lemon or any other citrus fruit is a certain spicyness to it. It is probably too intense to wear on its own, but the aormatherapeutic uses must be fantastic.

Lemongrass

In the imp: lemongrass! That powerful, pungent citrus scent, it smells like lemon sherbets, this is a sweeter take on lemongrass.

Wet on skin: now it smells just like lemongrass e.o.

Dry on skin: powerful punchy lemongrass, pure and simple. Very much like my essential oil. That scent of lemons on steroids, intense and shrill, strongly reminiscent of Thai food and those lemon scented warm serviettes they serve after you've eaten at a Thai or Chinese restaurant. It does take over scents. No wonder this is the dominant note in Concentration, no wonder my teacher used to burn lemongrass oil in science lessons. If normal lemon scents are like sunshine, this is a supernova. Explosive and attention grabbing. I'd imagine mosquitoes would be terrified of this scent.

After a while: it's still strong, it does turn a little bit 'gritty/dirty', a little greener, a little oily, more herbal and more bitter over time, but it is still a powerful citrus scent, still has that lemony kick to it. It becomes almost soapy at the end but not as much as verbena.

Verdict: yup, this is pure lemongrass. Very much like my essential oil. It's a nuclear lemon scent, loudly lemony, pungent and intense, this yells through my nostrils with it's citrus-on-steroids scent, this stuff is incredibly potent and feels like like a lemon fisted slap in the face saying 'WAKE UP!', it knocks any fuzz that is clouding my brain out and makes me think of intense studying thanks to my physics teacher endorsing lemongrass as the ultimate scent to revise by. It is really overpowering but also invigorating as a scent. It's also sweeter than pure lemongrass e.o. and smells like sherbet. But a little too much for me. I like lemongrass in small amounts in my scents (love it in Shoggoth, Gennivre and a few others) and it works wonders as a scent for study, concentration and getting up early-and scaring off bugs. But for wearing, it's very strong stuff which I prefer in moderation in a blend-not as a single note perfume.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? no-I prefer it as a note in a scent. It's a very good quality lemongrass though.

Yep - definitely the herbal lemon of lemongrass. I love this scent in nature and in blends, but solo, it's sort of like wearing Thai food. :P

From the 2017 version.

This one starts as a very deep lemony lemon. On the drydown, I get more of the 'grass' or 'stalk' aspect of the lemon grass. But on wet, this was like a blast of lemon to your face. Good throw and wear length.

I was kindly frimped this in a package!

Wet: It smells exactly like lemongrass. I wondered if it would be different for me in single note form, but it's not - lemongrass is apparently one of many things (mostly fruit) that I LOVE the smell of, but have no desire to smell like myself. I do, however, have the overwhelming desire to make thai food.....

Dry: Yep, lemongrass. Pure, fresh, simple. It's lovely. I would like it in a candle or room scent, or in my soup. I still don't want to wear it though.

I purchased a decant in bottle of what I think is the 2017 version. 

It definitely smells like lemongrass! Almost sweet. Quite lemon citrus more than green. 

It's aged really well.