Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Pomegranate

Sweet, candied fruit.

Not a true pomegranate, but I have no idea how anyone would duplicate that tart, ruby-red casing around the seeds. Works well in scent blends, even if it's not what you smell when you cut open the fruit.

Would you believe that I bought this when single notes were discontinued back in October of 2004... received it in December... and just now tried it? I'm such an idiot - I really love this one! I often feel left out because many of the fruity notes don't work on me... particularly apricots and berries... but this pomegranate is just gorgeous. It smells ripe, juicy and both sweet and sour simultaneously and has more depth than many fruit notes. If you have smelled too many icky potpourri or candle scents, this single note is SO refreshing. I am going to be playing with this one a lot!

I have to disagree: This is a very true pomegranate to my nose. Maybe a bit sweeter and more candy-like than the original fruit, but the heart of the scent is spot on! Bright, fresh and juicy and so much nicer than Swank. :P

In bottle: Crisp and delicious! Oh-so-juicy, too. This is a very sweet pomegranate, but it has managed to keep the tartness of the fruit.

On me: Smells like candy, and at times almost reminds me of apples. I love that this is a complicated fruit...unlike strawberry or pear, which you put on and pff! that's the same scent you'll have all day, pomegrante changes subtly, becoming sweeter or tarter as the day goes on. It is so very interesting.

Tart, juicy pomegranate comes to mind.

It reminds me of Jester in the tartness while still being sweet.

Similar to a cranberry in many respects.

Very nice indeed.

Rating (on skin): 3/5

Summarised in a word or two: Pomegranate!

In the imp/bottle: Uh, pomegranate? :P Very sweet, cool, juicy pomegranate.

On skin, wet: This reminds me of a great pomegranate candy I used to get all the time in London; that tasted like this smells.

On skin, dry: After an hour or so, this fades down pretty quickly, into a soft, faint sweetness.

Conclusion: What can I say, this is a sweet, juicy pomegranate!

Edited by Aredhel

Pomegranate

In the imp, this is a delicious, edible smelling juicy scent which is both sweet and tart.

On the skin, the sweetness develops, it smells red and juicy like a real pomegranate, but also has a slight berry like aspect to it's sweetness, and a sharp undertone. This is a very fruity, fresh smell which is both sweet and sharp simultaneously, and is both juicy and dry.

It does go a bit over-sweet and candle waxy after a while. This is nice, but i prefer it as part of a blend, like Persephone, than as a SN.

Edited by yeahbutnobut

In the imp: smells like fruit candies, and I was a little unsure about trying it.

Wet: intensely fruity

Dry: it quickly becomes delicate and wonderful, almost like the smell of a small child who has been eating the fruit and immersed themselves in the juice. This is the smell you would expect after the worst of the excess has been rinsed off. ( Thankfully not in a soapy or talcy way, though)

I don't usually do fruit fragrances except lemon but this is beautiful.

Definitely one to keep.

Bottle (Imp): Mmmm yummy sweet pomegranite. These are amazing.

Just On: Oooh yes, sweet pomegranite yumminess.

An hour or two later: Sweet pomegranite, but a hint of plastic under it. Stupid skin.

Around 6 hours: Plastic fruit.

12 hours: Still kinda plastic. <sigh>

Overall: The potential was great, but the skin turning it to plastic sorta ruined that.

After reading other reviews: I thought this was very true to the fruit itself. I like the scent, but as I said, my skin ruins it.

My Impression:

I can't say that it is true to an actual pomegrante because although I had one once, I never ate it remembering what happened to Persephone when she ate of this fruit. This scent does remind me of Persephone, but it seems to have more depth and zing to it. My scale of 1-5...4

Okay - think about Swank. You know how it's very sweet, juicy and tart at the same time, with that very cool vodka-y note in the background?

SN Pomegranate is (unsurprisingly) like that, but without the alcoholy feel. It begins as a very sweet fruity scent - almost akin to the drydown of Blue Moon on my skin - kind of like gummy fruit. Unlike any gummy fruit I've tried, though, it has this very tart, almost bitter note in the background. I can't say that it smells exactly like a pomegranate, because it's been awhile since I stuck my nose into the middle of a fruit I was eating, but this is just like eating one - a burst of sweet juice, and a tart end that makes your mouth pucker a little bit.

Edited by Imbrium

I didn't really like pomegranate in most of the BPAL blends that I've tried. It usually smells tart and powdery on me, and it's very strong and overpowering. So the singlenote surprised me by actually being rather light and sweet. This is what I imagine pomegranate hard candies would smell like. It doesn't smell much like the real fruit to me, but is a sweet pink sort of fruitiness.

I actually like this one a lot though. I'd buy a full bottle if I could.

at first: fresh and bright.

on: a bit sweeter. dead-on pomegranate.

half an hour later: very, very bright and fruity.

1.5 hours later: this has faded quite a bit. it's still a bit sweet.

3 hours later: i can barely smell this.

overall: pretty, joyful, fruity stuff.

Sweet, juicy pomegranate! Very true, very ripe, and utterly mouth-watering!

This did surprise me, though, as it has a surprisingly soft and perfumey drydown.

Really lovely. :P

In bottle: Sweet fruit

On skin: This is so sweet and delicious, oh my! It’s very candy like, not the tart ripe scent I expected. It’s also juicy and syrupy… like a pomegranate reduction. This is one of my favorite fruit scents yet. I can pick this note out of Swank even easier now.As it dries down, it takes on a powdery tone, but I still love it. I would really love a bottle of this… but the two imps I have will have to do for now. By the way, this layered with Apricot SN is to die for…. I made my own blend!

Pomegranate - This is a nice, fruity scent, but nothing like what I expected. I expected it to be bursting with juiciness and strongly vibrant and very, very red. Rather, it's a lot more subtle than I'd expected and not as sweet as I'd hoped. The scent fades on my skin rather quickly, as well. I'm glad it works better on me when blended with other notes, such as the lovely experience I have with Swank. On its own, I'm not particularly impressed and actually prefer a non-BPAL pomegranate single note that I have.

This smells more like a real pomegranate than, say, Swank, but it's still not quite right. It has a citrusy bite to it. I think I actually prefer Swank, especially since on my hand, this SN has the same sort of overt fakeness as strawberry-scent.

Pomegranate (Single Note)-

In Bottle: Pomegranate but almost with a peach undertone.

Wet: Still got that floral-fruit peach thing going with it.

Dry: Pretty but very light and my skin just eats it up. I guess I'll have to go with Swank for my pomegranate needs!

Overall: Nice, but fades fast.

i got this from ebay and i was very surprised how juicy it smells, very much like ripe fruit. however, after a while it goes plastic on my skin, which then decides to eat the scent. i may try it again some other time, maybe even as a layering scent, but the single notes are so hard to come by i may just end up sniffing it from time to time :P

I actually like this better than I thought I would - PP3 is the only one of the Patch I don't like, and since I love pumpkin I figured I must hate pomegranate. But I guess it's something about the combination, and not the note itself. This is sweet and somewhat lonely. Fruity, but not overwhelmingly so. It strikes me as a young girl's scent rather than being a womanly perfume.

Pomegranate SN is a sweet, tart, juicy fruit. I'd almost say musky on wet. And as it dries, it just becomes more of a red currant/tart fruit. I really like it on the drydown.

Mmmm. Tasty. :yum: