Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Imptress

Euphrosyne

Gardenia, tea rose, vanilla and jasmine.

Wow, this is very sweet florals on me, piercing in their intensity. Initially I get rose, vanilla with a topnote of jasmine. It stays fairly true and remains a strong floral. I’m not too much a floral kinda gal, so this oil doesn’t sing to me but I can see that for floral fans this would be a good one. It’s a cheery scent and reminds me of a bright sunny day.

unfortunately, the notes i sniff out of the vial with this one are all completely gone once it touches my skin. My skin is a jasmine whore, and they are rendezvous-ing once again...

*sigh*

It is lovely otherwise! I like jasmine, but most blends with jasmine smell exactly the same on me :P

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in a word or two: Floral.

Preconceived notions: The jasmine and tea rose could swing this either way. I'm hoping for a gardenia-rose scent.

In the imp: Rose, gardenia and jasmine.

On skin, wet: Gardenia, rose and jasmine. Very strong, this one, and, of course, exceptionally floral. Way too floral so far, the rose far too strong.

On skin, dry: As it's wont to do, the jasmine makes my nose tingle. There's absolutely no sign of vanilla here. It's very... flat, stale, generic floral perfume on me, and I don't care for it at all. It smells like something my Great Aunt wears.

Conclusion/Notes: Girly flowers that smell like my 89 year-old Aunt? Nope. Pass.

I absolutely love gardenia, so I had to snag this.

At first, it scares the hell out of me. It is overwhelmingly vanilla which, while I like vanilla, is not what I wanted at all. After about 10 minutes, the rose and jasmine come into play. After 20 minutes, the gardenia finally shows up and takes center stage. The jasmine's still quite strong, with the rose and vanilla in the background. Thankfully, I like the gardenia-jasmine combo quite a bit. There's a LOT of throw -- my mom keeps wandering into my room, standing in the doorway and commenting on how she likes the scent I'm wearing.

Once I get past those first 10 minutes, this is a lovely scent. However, if you don't like florals, STAY AWAY. This is floral to the nth degree.

This smells sweet and fruity. I adore the rose and jasmine combination. There is a wonderful green smell to this that keeps this from becoming too floral. I get no vanilla at all in this. Euphrosyne is just amazing. I am very pleased with how this smells!!

Euphrosyne

In the imp: it's the jasmine-gardenia combination from Honey Moon! Now, I love those two notes in HM-and I'm hoping this gardenia is the same as HM's since it doesn't go evil on me.

Wet on skin: it's like Honey Moon with vanilla replacing the honey!

Dry on skin: this is gorgeous! As I said, it's Honey Moon's floral notes with vanilla, and I love that. the gardenia in here, I must say, is gorgeous-it smells like a true gardenia flower and doesn't turn to a sour mess on my skin. I think it's the same gardenia as HM's. The combination of vanilla and jasmine is to die for. I can't really make out the rose yet but that doesn't matter since I'm loving the jasmine-vanilla-gardenia scent I'm getting.

After a while: this gets better! The vanilla is becoming stronger and it's such a delicious vanilla-soft, creamy, almost powdery, and it goes so nicely with the heady florals. Beautiful.

Verdict: I've been searching for a GC scent which smelt similar to Honey Moon, and despite some stunning scents among the honey BPALs, I didn't find anything like HM. But then I tried this, which despite having no honey, has the exact same floral combination (jasmine and gardenia), and I love it. It smells like the flowers in Honey Moon with vanilla, which is a fantastic combination to me. It's heady, sweet and sultry, has tons of throw and is very feminine, the jasmine is rich and full bodied (I think this is one of the nicer jasmine notes), and the gardenia in this works on my skin! This is a fabulous scent-it's certainly not for the jasmine haters as this flower has a lot of presence here but I adore this-it's my favourite of the Graces and one to get a bottle of once my Honey Moon runs out…

Emoticon rating: :P

Euphrosyne - Initially, this blend is all vanilla and very soft jasmine with the lightest, faintest trace of tea rose. The gardenia is nowhere to be found, which I find odd since it's usually so strong and heady. The vanilla and jasmine blend very nicely together, which surprises me, as jasmine usually does horrid things on my skin. As the oil dries down, the gardenia comes out, but it's not "in your face" like gardenia usually is on me. It's not thick and heady, but rather lends a soft, gorgeous whiteness to the overall fragrance. After about an hour, the gardenia has moved to the forefront, but it's not the strong, heady gardenia of Sacred Whore. Rather, it's just very pretty and white and not remotely heady. At this point, the scent still has really good throw, and I am glad I only applied a tiny bit, because a little goes a very long way. After about 2 hours, I notice that the rose scent has completely disa ppears, as has the vanilla, and most of the jasmine. What is left is a very subtle gardenia, but now, the gardenia has taken on a slightly bitter quality, and reminds me much more of the gardenia that's found in Sacred Whore. The scent has completely faded by the end of hour 3. Overall, this is a nice floral blend, but I'm really not a fan of gardenia, so I don't see myself being drawn to this particular blend over some of my other favorite florals which don't incorporate gardenia into their ingredient list.

FLORAL ALERT, FLORAL ALERT! But yay, it's not a generic-fake-flowery-gas-station-bathroom-soap floral on me! Ahem, anyway. I'm not very familiar with gardenia or jasmine as individual notes, but I'm assuming one or both of them is what gives this the hint of spice that I get upon initial application. The oil is a very, very heavy floral, but it is beautifully blended. The tea rose peeks out every now and then enough to let me identify it, and the florals mix so well with the vanilla, which shows up sometime after drydown. After a few hours the florals have apparently disappeared and left me with a very soft, slightly powdery vanilla scent. Strangely enough, I like this, but...it's just not my style.

OK, let's just get this out of the way first: most florals don't work on me. Euphrosyne is, unfortunately, no exception.

It is a sweet floral which, on my skin, borders on cloying. I don't actually smell any vanilla, although that could be adding to the general sweetness of the blend. If you like florals, this may be your thing, but it's just not mine.

I really wanted to like this one because of the vanilla and the jasmine, but one me this one has a kind of funky smell that I suspect is due to the gardenia, which apparently I despise the smell of, so naturally it is the one that becomes overwhelming on me.

Wow!

Wet - this is all lemongrass - which is strange since there is no mention of that anywhere. Nor can I figure out which of the notes is causing it since everything listed is pretty true to scent on me.

Dry - this could be an Annick Goutal fragrance. And I am an Annick whore. This is like a combination of Grand Amour and Passion. The best of both of them put together.

I am a bit surprised that the gardenia isn't stronger on my since I seem to amp it - maybe the jasmine (which, depending on what type it is can turn to poopy cloying yuck) is tempering it. I get a hint of vanilla and almost no rose at all. The rose part really confuses me because I can usually pick the rose out of anything but I am damn curious as to which particular type of rose this is since it is totally hidden behind the gardenia and jasmine.

I would give this a 10+ on a scale but alas - it has almost no staying power. Maybe if I slathered it would work better. So taking that into consideration this would prob be an 8

I would still condsider a big bottle of this eventhough it dries down to invisibility because it is THAT lovely.

Smelled amazingly sweet and warm in the imp, but the moment it touched my skin it was Jasmine dish soap and within ten minutes it was just soap. Appears that I'm really not doing well on flowers in any of the other batches aside from Rapuccinni's Garden.

whew - this one's too floral for me! it does have a happy feel to it - under all the flowers there's a nice warm scent of something that I can't name.

Oh. :P This is Tahiti in a little sample bottle, tiare tahiti.

In the imp and wet on the skin: The gardenia, jasmine, and vanilla are indescribably scrummy together - tea rose is inundated with the scent of the tropics and carried helplessly off to disappear. The throw is medium and it lasts a good long time on me, the florals anchored by the vanilla. Drydown is incredibly sweet vanilla, not the kind you use in baking but rather the whole pod macerating in a bottle of tiare oil half buried in the hot sand.

This would be a perfect oil for a sultry summer afternoon, or during the winter when you've almost forgotten what the summer feels like.

I think this would have been a lovely combination, but all I got was gardenia hell :P (sorry, but it was so so strong). TONS of throw and staying power. I did finally smell the vanilla a couple hours later.

Fairly nice floral blend. I think it's slightly heavy on the gardenia but overall, it's still a very light scent. Not my general cup of tea though... it's just kind of boring for me.

a bright, vivid, sweet smell. not sure if i like it at first...i am smelling things i like, and things i don't like - something kinda funky..could that be the gardenia? i am not sure. something cheerful and lemony - like lemon tea is present - the tea rose maybe? and the vanilla kinda ties it all together, but not quite - there is something which still doesn't gel together with this scent on my skin - it's got some conflicting notes or something. this was a frimp from the lab, and i like that it represents "mirth" - it is a cheery little scent, but i'm not sure how much i'll wear this one - not sure it's me.

wet:floral and bubblegum. Light and tasty! I didn't smell the jasmine. Which is good because usually jasmine will jump up and take my nose off.

dry:faint vanilla with a nice pretty floral. I'm actually able to enjoy the jasmine for once.

This is definalty a good lotion candidate.

In the imp: Gardenia and jasmine

First on: Gardenia and jasmine, with something rather animalisitic and lemony in there as well

After a bit: This is coming off like floral lemon drops on me, slightly sugary, fresh and zesty.

A bit more: It becomes a soft sweet marriage of gardenia and jasmine with a gentle embrace of vanilla.

I rather like this.

i'm losing my 'i hate florals' stance one imp at a time.

this is a bright and sunny scent, without checking the description i swore it was a fresh cut orange. now in the drydown other notes are peeking their heads out, with jasmine in the front. very sweet blend with lots of throw too. nice.

this is a pretty classic floral with a hint of soft vanilla. i love all the notes in this, except jasmine, unless it's subtle, and luckily it sort of is! i can definitely smell it, but it doesn't overpower. i love tea rose and wish it was a little more prominent, but i still like this. i think i am mostly getting gardenia, vanilla and jasmine. not something i'd wear all the time, but i'll keep the imp and wear it from time to time.

How is it that I have not yet reviewed this scent? Euphrosyne is the blend that convinced me that I really AM a floral person. Or, at the very least, that I can be. It smells amazing and not heavy and the vanilla lends a sweetness without being too sweet, and how strange is it that it has rose and gardenia AND jasmine in it, yet I still love it??! It's really a masterpiece, that's for sure.

In the bottle:

Vanilla and gardenia? A little bit like florals, a little bit like confectionary.

Wet:

Warming up. The rose is a little bit sour... reminds me of the rose tea that I have that I really don't like, because it gets really sour really fast. I can also pick out the other florals and the vanilla.

Dry down:

Soft, powdery floral. The jasmine and gardenia are most prominent. Then the vanilla. I can hardly pick out the rose, except that it's souring the blend a little bit and adding some floral powder. Something about the jasmine is a little bit acrid/sharp.

Final thoughts:

It's okay. I don't know that it's a keeper for me. Will try again later.

02/09 Update:

It's possible that I didn't really give Euphrosyne a fair chance, since the Iambe probably wasn't completely worn off when I retested. However, it still strikes me as being too sharp for me, at least on my chemistry. It smells a little bit like a lovely, warm floral underneath, but I see no reason to keep it when I have so many other florals that I like so much better. Into the swap/sale pile it goes!

Edited by outofrhyme

After reading the description I did not expect this to work on me. Vanilla always goes to plastic and jasmine goes chemical on my skin. I do love gardenia though and tea rose though. Maybe they can power through. In the imp this is a gorgeous combination. Hmm, nope the chemicals win. I'm not surprised, on me, this is all chemical nastiness. boo