Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Imptress

Euphrosyne

Gardenia, tea rose, vanilla and jasmine.

in the imp- Gardenia and jasmine. I'm a bit leery of trying this one on.
Wet- Jasime and small, delicate roses. :checks description: Tearoses!
Dry- Jasmine, vanilla and dry tearoses. The vanilla is very similar to Antique Lace's...soft and creamy. This is a very feminine blend, and not my normal thing...but it is very lovely and just might make it into my permanent imp collection. Edited by Shollin

in the bottle: all gardenia and jasmine.

wet on skin: the vanilla peeks its head out for a bit, peering through all the flowers in this garden, but decides that today is just not the day and swiftly hides its face again. Sadly, because I think the vanilla would have smartened up the florals on my skin and kept them in line.

dry: every so often, I get a little kick of tea rose, but not enough to make me want to keep this one.

Interestingly, on me I can't smell the vanilla at all, just a pure floral. The gardenia and jasmine are very strong, with a slight hint of rose in the background. It's a gorgeous white floral, but I'm coming to the conclusion that I just don't like heavy florals on me, no matter how beautiful the scent.

I love this oil, and it lasts a really long time on me (which is quite rare). I think jasmine and vanilla are the main notes for me, and it dries down after several hours into a warm vanilla amber-ish scent that reminded me very much of The Lion (it's almost like getting two different oils in one).

I think I'll be ordering a bottle of this one. It has some throw too, and as it dries down it keeps much of it's strength.

Very nice!

In the vial this smelled totally floral, even a bit sickly floral, but on application it turns into this lovely sweet vanillary jasmine scent, with the gardenia in the background..... after a while the vanilla is the strongest scent with a sweet floral background.

I'm discovering that vanilla loves me. Most of the scents i've tried with vanilla in just turn so vanillary with the rest of the blend in the background. I'm not complaining, I love vanilla.

Yay

Wow. I just got this as an extra, and like it. It's soft and delicate, yet not too obnoxiously girly for me. The flowers blend beautifully and there's just a gentle kiss of vanilla on me.

I can see myself wearing this once in a while... not too often, but on the rare occasion that I am feeling a bit girly.

In the imp: Primarily gardenia and jasmine, with a spike of tea rose. Not really getting much vanilla yet.

On, wet: Oh, there's the vanilla. The florals are still out in front, but the vanilla provides a pleasantly creamy background aroma.

Drydown: The vanilla grows stronger, but it's not overwhelming; it balances nicely with the florals.

This is a really lovely blend. The florals bring out the vegetal qualities of the vanilla, and the vanilla mellows out the floral notes. I like.

In the Bottle: So girlie. It’s a lovely scent and the top note for me is the muted flowers backed up by the orchid and rose. I’m not sure this will work well on me but I’m hoping.

Wet: Utterly enchanting on, I do hope it doesn’t go foul.

Drydown: It’s gone a bit too sweet for my tastes. So sad I really loved the wet on this.

Wet - Sweet and flowery. Is that Vanilla Coke?

Dry - The vanilla is strong and the mixture of flowers makes it kind of zesty. Still getting whiffs of Vanilla Coke, but nice. It must be the spicy sweet flowers combined with the vanilla doing that. Come on out gardenia, don't be shy. Oh, there you are!

Final - Have a Coke and a smile! Certainly lives up to its name as it makes me feel happier. I think this one may be a keeper.

In the bottle, this is sweet; not cloying, but clear, with the gardenia and tea rose right up front. The gardenia is floral, but it's a spicy, peppery floral that isn't too overwhelming. There is also an almost bubble-gum scent to this up close, but not in a negative way.

On, the vanilla and jasmine heat up, and the candy smell vanishes. I get a whiff of roses. This is a very sweet blend, both in scent and in disposition – the throw is vanilla and gardenia, beguiling and feminine without being sexy. There is no real base note to this. Everything in it comes right out, and stays out.

This vanilla is so rich and warm. I adore it, and I'm not normally one for walking around smelling like cookies. Even the cookie-phase of this is brilliant, and it didn't take long for it to subside and blend with the florals. Oh, I like this. I like it a lot. It's very not me, but I think I'm going to have to keep it.

Interestingly, the second time I tried this, I didn't get the vanilla scent at all, it stayed in the background and the whole blend was much more floral. Still very, very nice.

In Bottle: Vanilla Floral

On Skin: Wow! I did not think I’d like this, rose and florals are not my thing. But this is so sweet and creamy! Wait… I spoke too soon. Plastic, yes plastic. Sadly it has completely morphed into an articial plastic smell. That was fast, within a minute of putting it on. The florals are melted into the vanilla and something has gummed them up, not sure what but it’s not working on me. Too bad because it smelled divine in the bottle and on my skin for the first 30 seconds…

Euphrosyne went into my "try again" box. It was pleasant and wearable but for me had a soapy undertone. It's a scent that really shines if I waft it around rather than going for the close-up, nose-to-wrist huffing.

In the bottle: Gardenia and rose... hmm, nice, green.

Wet: Everything fades down and becomes slightly dusty. The gardenia and rose disappear and jasmine comes to the front.

Drydown: Jasmine and vanilla, both a bit plasticky, with a very powdery texture. There's a very slight trace of gardenia somewhere, I think. It's extremely sweet and it smells very yellow.

Overall: Although it does represent mirth very well, it's rather one-dimensional: just a really sweet vanilla floral. Great if you love sweet vanilla... unfortunately, I don't, and I'd have liked more of the fresh green rose and gardenia which really smelled lovely in the bottle. Oh well.

I think this was an imp from my first order (I am about to send in my third. Who needs groceries?); I ordered it because it had some of what I thought were my favorite scents all mingled--vanilla, rose, gardenia, how could one go wrong?

What I am finding (brief discursion here, wandering away from review to generalities) is that I am loving the surprises of the more complex scents, and being seduced by things I never thought I liked. Whilst my old faves are kind of...oh, yeah, this is okay.

On me this was sweet gardenia. Gardenia, gardenia, gardenia.

I like gardenia, but this reminded me of the little bottle of Jungle Gardenia given me by my aunt when I was a little girl, as a special grown up perfume.

I also wore a single note gardenia for some years, a while back.

Thus, this one was okay. Of all the scents I've tried, this one has elicited more "what smells so nice?" than any other I've tried (except, oddly, Versailles, which smells to me like Constant Comment Tea and was a disappointment).

It stays pretty damn straight on gardenia until the end, when it goes to a baby powder scent.

I am, actually, relieved that I am not longing for a huge bottle of this. Too many other beautiful scents to long for.

But for a gardenia lover--a great fragrance.

Miss isyche recently gifted me with Euphrosyne, &I am so glad I got the chance to try it!

Wet, it is light, warm & sweet, floral and slightly creamy. On, it becomes creamier, warmer, more lush and, after reading the description, I know that it is the jasmine and vanilla that I am smelling. YUM.

I absolutely LOVE jasmine, but jasmine seems to have a love/hate thing going on for me in that it sings like an angel in the throw, but I cannot seem to find a jasmine oil that does not turn into an unappealing hairspray note against my skin, and Euphrosyne is no exception. :D

I absolutely love vanilla as well (although did mistakenly think for a while that BPAL vanilla did not work on me - am now suspecting the culprit is amber!), and the throw of this oil, for me, seems to be almost all a delicious warm & dusty vanilla, with a subtle peek-a-boo jasmine haunting in the background. It is simply divine, but right up against my skin? Hairspray. :P

Alas, the search continues. As well as the promise to find Euphrosyne a good home. Sighsigh.

Edited by undream

Wet this is quite green and fresh. The tea rose is the inital dominant floral, but this is not Grandma's tea rose. The jasmine emerges with a bit of a sour note, but it is quickly overshadowed by the creamy, white gardenia and sweet, vicious vanilla! It is very lively but sophisticated. This is the beautiful woman at the tea party with the big ribboned hat and lace gloves.

This is my Spring vanilla.

PS: Dry, this is so very like Sacred Whore, but with more vanilla. Whoa. :P

Edited by lookingglass

Bottle: Yep, just as sweet as I thought it would be. Which doesn't make me mirthful, but we'll see. No single notes, just sah-weet.

Wet: Lots of vanilla and sweet floral..the jasmine, I think, but it's hiding behind the vanilla. I seem to have a problem with foody scents, even as benign as vanilla seems..since, after all, it's so...vanilla.

Dry: No sign of the tea rose. Heavier jasmine, and the gardenia is making a showing. More gardenia would be nice, jasmine seems to amplify on me to disturbing levels, and turns cloying and pissy. Waiting...

Later: more gardenia, still none of the rose, fades down to a more manageable and pleasant generalized white floral with less of the overpowering qualities of the vanilla (on me) ..still I think it's something someone else might wear better, my chemistry just doesn't seem to do well with all of the notes in this one through most of it (even if it does get very pretty eventually).

Imp: Reminds me of Mata Hari without the spice. Had it pegged for vanilla immediately.

Wet: Vanilla and jasmine. POSITIVE it was jasmine. Nice vanilla floral.

Dry: Sweet, now I can smell the tea rose nicely, the vanilla has faded into a warmth and jasmine is barely clinging on.

Category: Vanilla/Jasmine

Rating: 2/5

Overall: Nice scent, great throw, longer lasting (4+ hours is amazing on my skin.) Not my kind of everyday scent. Vanilla and jasmine fans will love it, though.

On me, gardenia = death (by rotting stagnant pond water). Also, on me jasmine tends to go unpleasantly sharp and loud. Soooo.... er, why the heck did I decide to try Euphronsyne?

Funnily enough, it smelled foul on me. Off the imp goes for someone else to love!

Gah. Overwhelming sweet jasmine. Lots and lots of jasmine.

I used to like jasmine, but I think it gets turned up to 11 on me, and its cloying sweetness just doesn't do it for me anymore.

If there's vanilla in this, it got lost among the jasmine.

Did I mention jasmine?

Jasmine.

This is the mother of all florals in the same sense as Echidna is the mother of all monsters. It's florals multiplied exponentially. I get nothing of vanilla in this, only jasmine and gardenia, with the strange bitterness that tea rose always gives me.

It's not that vile in the imp, so I can only assume that it's something funky in my chemistry that spits it back as something set to send florals rampaging across the countryside. If I get brave enough, I may try this in a locket as it smells quite nice, if a bit strong in the jasmine department for my preferences, in the imp. On my skin, though... well. No.

in bottle: vanilla with a slight hint of jasmine

on skin, wet: vanilla, jasmine and gardenia are all floating about. no sign of tea roses.

on skin, dry: jasmine and a rich creamy vanilla are the main contenders. The vanilla eventually wins and masks everything else out.

conclusion: I'm a bit sad I didn't get a single hint of the tea roses and the gardenia was around for a brief period. 2/5

In the bottle - Jasmine, with the gardenia in the background.

Wet on me - The vanilla and roses are nice in the background, but the jasmine overpowers everything.

Dry on me - The jasmine disappears. The blend becomes a sweet powdery floral. Before finally drying as a lovely creamy vanilla. I'm uncertain about this its lovely, but I doubt I'll wear it, because of the initial jasmine overload. Perhaps I could layer it with Antique Lace.

In the imp it smelled like a sweet and happy floral with just a touch of vanilla. I didn't even notice the jasmine until I put it on. Then it turns to pure, sharp, overwhelming jasmine. Oh well.

When I received Euphrosyne as a frimp from the Lab, I was a bit nervous because I expected the tea rose to go soapy on me like most other rose blends. The initial application made me smell herbal and sort of grassy, but once Euphrosyne dried, my skin smelled sweet and creamy. Yum!

I will have to seriously consider a big bottle of this one.