Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Imptress

Euphrosyne

Gardenia, tea rose, vanilla and jasmine.

In bottle: Gardenia dominant with jasmine in second place. It’s a pleasing floral, rich and strong without being cloying. I know the terrible things my skin chemistry will do with this, but I’d really like it on someone else. No point in skin testing.

It's a like a slightly more gardenia-ish Follow Me Boy, slightly smoother and lighter, but very similar. Sorry I can't say more!

For those that haven't smelt FMB, Euphrosyne is a creamy, jasmine-gardenia with a hint of vanilla and something I can't put my nose to today, something that gives it a freshness lacking in FMB.

Gardenia and jasmine in the imp, gardenia, rose, and jasmine, and maaaaybe a bit of vanilla in there somewhere. Not going so well.

Wow. I like this much more than I thought I would. I flinched placing the order because it has the dreaded tea rose, who hates me so.

Wet: warm glowing vanilla gardenia and jasmine with a breath of tea rose, which isn't tart sour or bitter by any means. I'm amazed! Very well blended. Whatever vanilla note this is, it's magic because it took the screaming bark out of all the other notes. This is like a nice dream.

Drydown: a little more jasmine but it never goes sour or powdery. The vanilla continues to dominate over the florals. Great scent!

On wet, Euphrosyne is a really thick, syrupy, and sweet floral. Ugh, it's overpowering. As it dries, a really realistic baby powder scent also becomes evident, probably from a combination of the jasmine and vanilla, which can be hit or miss notes on me.

Sadly, Euphrosyne is way too much for me, and I'm a floral lover! Will pass it on to someone else.

In The Imp: Indescribable. It's really well blended, so it's hard to tell where one note ends and another begins.

Immediate Application: It almost smells less floral and more leafy? IDK. Very fresh and clean, which is good, but I dunno if I absolutely love it. The vanilla sweetens it after a few minutes, and by the time it's dry, it's pretty much straight-up vanilla with just enough of a floral edge to prevent the rampant custard cravings that Snake Oil induced.

30-45 Minutes Later: Very nice, but IDK if I want to spend the money for a full bottle. I'll just keep my imp. The smell stays pretty strong - I have a feeling any vanilla scents are going to take to my skin like a duck to water. Too bad I'm not a big vanilla fan.

In the bottle: exactly like gardenia, tea rose, jasmine, and vanilla. however, there's also a strange lemon element to it. jasmine is at the end, and the tea rose is mixed in, hiding behind the gardenia that's so flamboyant.

On my skin: gardenia and lemonade, a bit like a garden party. the vanilla and jasmine too. I love that it's not powdery, and it's a richly floral scent. I wonder what makes it smell so much like lemons though...regardless, it's heady and seductive as all hell.

Last thoughts: a sensual mix of strong flowers and womanly curves in a bottled scent.

In vial: Banana! Weird...

Wet: Creamy lemons/bananas...

Dry: Strangely subdued jasmine and deep vanilla. Rose and gardenia are out for the count. Hours later, I am left with a Snake Oil reminiscent aura, much lighter and domestic-seeming, vs. Snake Oil's exotic persona.

Verdict: Glad to say that jasmine behaved herself, but the banana/lemon phase is just a bit too crazy for me & my jasmine + vanilla needs are already fulfilled in Defututa.

Imp: I can't detect any of the particular note, but that's probably because I'm such a neophyte when it comes to individual scents. Still, I like it. It's bordering on too strong, but it's not causing a headache, so that's good.

Wet: Hmmm, this is nice. I wish my skin amped up the gardenia more, as I love it so. Regardless, I like this. This is a creamy but not white floral with a little sweetness to it.

Dry: Just about everything dries to an amber-y vanilla on me, and this is no exception. Very nice, but I probably won't be buying a bottle of this anytime soon. I'm waiting for an OMGGARDENIA fragrance.

*It probably isn't related to the scent, but I woke up in the middle of the night with my wrist at my nose and with a terrible foreboding that we were in immediate danger. I couldn't shake the creepy for several hours. Probably unrelated, but I'll be sure not to wear it to bed again.

This was a weird one. Top and heart notes: when wet, it smells little-girlish to me. Just bushels of white-flowery goodness. Heaps of strong but lovely flowers, with gardenia dominating and jasmine running in second place, an almost butter-smelling combo, almost no rose to my nose. Vanilla came out a bit more as it dried, but was always a shy presence, did not dominate like many other people described. Unfortunately, after a while, this really bizarre note emerged on the drydown: something burned or scorched, possibly burnt rubber, dominating the gardenia-jasmine mixture. I liked it a lot when wet, but the burnt rubber note is pretty off-putting.

In the imp: Gardenia and jasmine. Can't find the other two components (which makes me sad, since those were the two I wanted it for).

Wet: Same as in the imp.

Dry: Same as imp, only now it's taking a turn toward baby powder.

Imp: Floral. Can definitely smell the jasmine and gardenia. Can't smell the other two.

Wet: Banana-vanilla pudding. :/

Dry: Still banana-vanilla pudding. Was really hoping that would have left. It's throwing pretty big, too.

If I put my wrist to my nose, I can smell a nice, smooth floral. If only this got any further than nose-literally-on-wrist.

Only ended up lasting about 4 hours, and smelt like banana-vanilla pudding every step of the way. o.o

Edited by Saffrin

Another Meet n Sniff imp =)

Imp-ression: HAI MY NAME IS GARDENIA!!

...woah....

I used to work at Illuminations Candle Co., and they divided their scents into groups - one of which was floral. I hate florals. I love fresh flowers, but once you try and bottle the scent, I try and avoid it. I hated showing clients the floral wall at the store. ("oh, you love rose? OF COURSE YOU DO ::dies inside::) There was rose, and hyacinth, a few others.....and gardenia.

Of all the scents, Gardenia and I took the longest to play nice. I would sneeze when uploading boxes during shipment, and would avoid breathing while I had the jar open to show clients.

This is not that Gardenia.

I can't smell the vanilla in this, but I have a feeling that it's the thing keeping the Gardenia from leaping out on my skin and punching me in the face. Repeatedly. The tea rose is there, very gentle and light in the background, only popping up when I'm not looking for it. This has a powdery note, but I think it's just how my nose interprets Gardenia, tbh. The candle scents were *very* true to the flowers, and this evokes the scent I remember without being so damn obnoxious about it. It's light and not really cloying at all.

I might order a bottle of this in the new year, it's a "warm" floral - something you might reach for early in spring when you're tired of the drab of winter and looking for the gentle cheer of spring.

If you hate florals, don't bother. If you're like me, and they stay true on your skin (despite being "meh" about them otherwise), give it a shot - it is indeed a lovely companion to brighten a dull and boring day :)

In the bottle: Hmm, "Just another floral," is what comes to mind when I sniff this. I'm getting rose, vanilla, and VERY STRONG gardenia. Could be very pleasant on the skin!

Wet and dry: Timid gardenia and jasmine. She doesn't transform into something magical on my skin. It's pleasant enough, but not compelling enough to even wear a second time. Sort of encompasses that girl that's always the wallflower, and does her best to not get noticed by anyone. :huh?: Kind of sad now that I smell her again... Very low throw, and seems to be fading VERY quickly- less than an hour latter, and it's already dissipating. :(

2/5

Bottle: Gardenia! Strong, heady gardenia with a hint of jasmine.

Wet: Warm lemons with a gardenia afterthought. The warmth is probably from the vanilla, but I can't smell it, only "feel" it.

Dry: Soft gardenia is now the most dominant note with jasmine and a hint of citrus.

Evokes images of: A lovely white-haired grandmother who still takes the time to fluff and spritz her hair every day. Her home is bright, white, crisp, and immaculate (not from cleaning per se, but from caring for each object and it's meaning). She loves her when her grandchildren visit and takes the time to know them. She is always gardening, complete with white gloves and a wide-brimmed white-ribboned straw hat.

Edited by Acayde

This is a weeeeeeeeeeeeeird one. I know I did not order it myself so I either got it as a lab frimp or a partial from someone in a swap or purchase. On paper, it seems like something i could take or leave and probably leave yet it remained in my in box after I'd conscientiously gone through everything.

So let's try it again.

IN THE IMP: Sweet lush floral a la Twilight (one of my first favorites).

Dabbed on wrist

WET: Yeah, it reminds me a lot of Twilight but with that little twist of the vanilla that has the soupcon of danger. The sweetness is more like sugarless bubblegum (which is what Jasmine tends to do on me). Not getting super strong rose or gardenia in my face. I'm just getting a nice hothouse floral scent, surprisingly light yet lush. Wedding in the day, engagement party type scent. Women wearing white gowns.

DRYDOWN: It dries sweet and floral and hot and lush and classy. There IS the tiniest bit of plastic from the vanilla but it's temporary. Oh, and no gardenia or jasmine headaches. On late late drydown it's really quite lovely.

OVERALL: I like this a lot though by all acounts I really should not like it as much as I do. It will work for the right occasion. I thin this would be a great scent for girls at a bachelorette party or engagment party or just out with the girls.

On a scale of 1-5, a strong 4.

Frimp. One of those wild love at first sniff frimps that make you think of putting in another order immediately even though you JUST got your last order...but I'm cautious about those. Scent flings can end abruptly and never pick up again. And because this isn't the sort of thing I usually wear (I like sexydangerousdark or clean and oddly masculine), I think I miiight get suddenly over it.

But until then, oh man.

This is white flowers and lemons--not lemon cleaner, not lemon dish washing soap, but real lemons, the fresh green smell you get when you bring an actual lemon right up to your nose and breathe, or the scent that drifts up while you're grating lemon peel. I don't usually like florals, though I do love actual fresh flowers. The lemon (or whatever) keeps the jasmine in check so the blend doesn't go too sweet, and the gardenia shines through. No tea rose on me.

I don't think it's a wallflower scent at all. It wants me want to wear a white cotton dress and run through a meadow barefoot. Spring! It's a very spring sort of scent.

In the imp: Like y'all are saying, a fresh, springy floral with a hint of lemon. But down at the base, there's something funky going on, like dirty dishes or garbage - I'm tempted to put this down to jasmine, as that's how other people have described it, but jasmine has never been anything but wonderful-smelling to me, so I don't think that's it.

Wet: A big ol' initial burst of lemon, which is constantly threatening to lean into cleaning product territory. But that calms down soon enough (although it certainly does make its presence known for a good long while), letting creamy jasmine step forward. While it's primarily a jasmine scent, I'm also getting some sort of omnidirectional spring florals underneath.

Dry: Soap. Straight-up, slightly floral soap, so much so that I can taste it in the back of my throat. A whiff of vanilla at the very end, but overall, something in here has gone straight to Soaptown. Booooo.

In the imp: Gardenia and Jasmine.

Dry: It smells like cheap potpurri or those pretty soaps you're not supposed to actually use.

After an hour: All that's left is vanilla.

Final thoughts: I like the vanilla but I'm not willing to suffer though an hour of icky potpurri soapyness!

This is JASMINE when wet, but as it tries the gardenia and tea rose get a bit of time to play with the vanilla coming in the back to usher them all to play nice.

frimp

Wet this is all citrus, which is the gardenia tricking my nose.

The creamy vanilla comes out quickly and fights for dominance with the gardenia. Only hints of jasmine (so little that I can tolerate it), and no rose yet. Really interesting!

Once it dries, the vanilla fades, and sadly it's mostly just gardenia. Nice, but it doesn't wow me. I will likely pass the imp on.

I put off trying this for ever because the lab's jasmine usually doesn't work on me. This time it is not turning into a cat box, maybe my chemistry is changing?

Strong lemon at first with the jasmine and gardenia underneath, once the lemon pulls back it does a good job of keeping the florals from being too sweet. The vanilla helps everything blend. I used to love Guerlain's "y'lang et vanille" and this has a similar tone although the florals are different. I do not smell any rose in this.

It is a sweet vanilla-floral but not as insipid as that vanilla-orchid BPAL that was so popular..can't remember the name. This is richer, the lemon lasts and keeps it from being too simple.the waft is much nicer than sniffing my wrist directly.

After 1/2 hour the jasmine and gardenia have really melded into one scent and neither is really distinguishable. Vanilla and lemon making a lovely base for the florals.

Not sure I need a bottle though, it might be a bit too rich and heady for me. I will wear it a few times and decide. Want to try Follow Me Boy as well.

In the vial: A very sweet gardenia. Almost fruit-loopy!, like Lolita.

Wet: Pretty much the same! A very sweet white floral. I don’t know that I get tea rose at all at this point, I just get the gardenia, jasmine, and vanilla. It has a little bit of the powdery-sweetness that I associate with orange blossom despite the fact that there’s no orange blossom here.

Seriously, something here reminds me of (my scent memory of) the sugary coating on fruitloops (I haven’t actually stuck my head in a box of fruit loops in a while) - in a good way - and of Lolita, despite the fact that they have no notes in common. The super-sugary sweetness does burn off a little bit, leaving behind a creamy white floral sweetness instead of the lemon-sugar-glaze sweetness this starts off with.

This scent does put me in mind of gardenia blooms, all creamy ivory-white petals unfolding into bright white blooms. A nearly edible scent. There are no sharp edges here, just softness and warmth and sweetness. I have recently started to rediscover my absolute love of white florals, and this is no exception - it's absolutely beautiful! Between this and Eternal, even if The Bride ends up not working out for me, I think I have my white floral bases covered! I am a little tiny bit sad that the rose never makes itself apparent on my skin, but I can always layer some of The Rose with this if I want more of that. If The Bride’s magnolia continues to hide behind the vanilla and honey musk, this might end up as the “sweetened white floral” blend I was hoping for!

Jasmine is so iffy on me, sometimes it can be perfect, but in this case, it tends to overwhelm the whole and more gentle gardenia and tea rose, and this mostly vanilla and jasmine on me. Lots of throw.

Freshly applied, Euphrosyne smells like lemony gardenia-jasmine on my skin. Lemon, which isn't even listed for this blend, is strongest, followed by jasmine and then gardenia. I smell no rose or vanilla.

The impact of this blend on me is high-pitched, needle-sharp, and nectar-sweet. It doesn't change, except to start stronger than it ends.