Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Imptress

Euphrosyne

Gardenia, tea rose, vanilla and jasmine.

In the bottle, I could easily detect all of the notes. On first applying to my skin, I got a strong rush of vanilla. This smells very much like the vanilla in Snake Oil. It settled into my skin nicely-- I was afraid that the flowers would be too cloying but the vanilla seems to keep everything "soft" and under control. As I caught whiffs of this, I was reminded strongly of plastic baby doll I had as a child. Not unpleasant, but not exactly what I was expecting! I'll try this again another time, but unless it's really different the next time, I don't see a big bottle of this in my future. It's nice, just not me.

I really like this. I like all the notes listed, they blend pretty well also. On me, this is mostly gardenia, with lots of vanilla. From time to time, I get the tea scent, not too much jasmine... but maybe the jasmine is what is making this so sweet on me (jasmine tends to do that on me) I like it though, and I'm glad I have a bottle of this. I will use it in many ways. :D :P

ETA: I cant type for caca

Edited by Lorencita

Euphrosyne

In the bottle: Fresh orange peel? Where did you come from?

On me/wet: On initial application it smells like lemon Pledge. How four florals combine on my skin to come up with citrus, I have no idea. :P

Drydown: After more than 30 minutes, the lemon scent goes away and I can finally smell something else. And that something else is pretty! Mainly gardenia and vanilla - I can't pick up any tea rose at all. It's a delicate yet cheerful scent. There's very little throw to this one (well, I only applied a little dab too).

Eventually: After another hour or two, the main scent is vanilla. Much like the vanilla in Antique Lace, in fact. :D

It's a pretty scent, once the citrus phase wore off on me. :D

First Impression: Fresh citrus. :P

Second Impression: The citrus moves to the background as the lovely florals bloom. What a lovely combination. The vanilla keeps the jasmine well in check. And the gardenia is just so fresh and sweet. That citrus in the background gives this floral and bright, juicy feeling. This will be very nice in summer.

Final Analysis: Mirth suits this fragrance, it's bright and happy. Very nicely done.

Aw no citrusy something and I'm gonna have to go wash this o-

Hey.

It went away.

How very odd.

Buttery bright gardenia blossoms and a touch of vanilla and jasmine, the tea rose never quite peeks through but that's fine as this is lush and bright enough. Very floral and feminine and the vanilla adds a nice sweet glow to this. this one wasn't so much me but I am tempted to give it to my gardenia loving mother.

My first scent is raw gardenia, almost seems a little spicy on me, it doesnt really settle down on my skin, and it doesnt feel like a balance is kept, not to mention Gardenia is not a favourite of mine either. I really wish I could smell some of the other notes but its not happening for me.

:?

Gutted.

in the bottle: something metallic, not what i was expecting at all

wet: gardenia and that sharp metallic scent...i think it is teh jasmine doing something weird, i wanted teh vanilla

dry: mostly gardenia and jasmine, i don't get too much vanilla if any and teh tea rose has gone missing w/ it.

In bottle: Heady jasmine. Man, that's strong. As I close my eyes the gardenia wafts up, and vanilla beneath it.

On me: The gentle tea rose rises now, but it's battling the jasmine, which my skin loves to magnify out of control. The vanilla recedes and lets the flowers battle each other. On another girl it would be a delicate bouquet; on me it sours and becomes screaming jasmine, stomping on the other flowers in a rush to overpower the senses. But I am ever an optimist and I do believe I know someone this will be perfect on.

When I first applied this, it had an almost animal musky smell on me - to the point where I was a little worried that I'd applied it before work. I was also very perplexed - none of the notes matched that musky impression.

After about 30 minutes, it developed into the most wonderful jasmine - a jasmine with a rich, beautiful, almost foody-sweet base. There's also something a little watery under that, but not so strongly that it bothers me (I generally don't do well with aquatic notes). This is a great scent for someone who likes rich, feminine florals.

I'm really impressed with the Gratiae scents so far.

in the bottle i got a lilly scent- odd. on my skin, however, gardenia and jasmine took over, as they are wont to do. i like gardenia and jasmine, but i've been coming to the conclusion that i don't much care to smell like them most days. euphrosyne helped cement this decision. i'll probably keep the imp around for the rare times when i really want a heady, heavy floral, but i doubt it'll ever go into heavy rotation.

Neat! This is a total flower melt of gardenia and jasmine. It creates a new flower, a Jasdenia. I really can't tell which one is stronger. They are both of equal strength. Like others, I'm having a hard time distinguishing the rose. The vanilla is there, but in a tiny way, and the floral makes it a creamy scent. Is there such a thing as a creamy fresh floral? That's what this is, I think. A creamy Jasdenia with a bare whisker of vanilla.

This is super girly, frilly dress, sitting in a patch of sunlight in the garden, eating a vanilla bon bon. Very pretty.

Oh, dear - I was going to buy a bottle of this in a trio with the other graces unsniffed, but I have to say that I am glad that I didn't. When this first goes on, it smells undeniably of burning plastic! How terrible for me! It smells beautiful on my friends, but on me - nope. After a while, the plastic turns into diapers, still burning. I am SO SAD. Freaking skin. I think that it must have been the gardenia/jasmine combo. Probably the gardenia.

This is a sweet and soft gardenia blend--the best gardenia blend I've tried (I think it's the vanilla that's sweetening this up). Unfortunately, as I've lately discovered, my skin amps up gardenia until it becomes overwhelming. I don't get any jasmine or rose from this. Off to swaps for this one--but you'll like it if you like sweet gardenia blends.

at first: another instance of the lab reading my mind, since it was a freebie, but i ordered it in another order. this is very pretty. it smells like a beautiful garden on a warm day. fabulous.

on: fruity and floral. i can't pick out the notes, but i think i'm getting a white floral.

1.5 hours later: sweeter and still light and lovely.

2.5 hours later: sweet and powdery. i think i'm smelling the gardenia and vanilla.

overall: i like this, but not enough to reach for it often. i'll be getting rid of my imp.

In the bottle: A citrus note- and jasmine poking out its bossy head. I was a bit hesitant to try it, as jasmine often turns soapy on me

On my wrist: Bubble Yum? Citrus Bubble Yum? For some reason, this scent is incredibly hard to pin down- it wafts very nicely on me, and then seems to disappear when I lean in to sniff my wrist. Odd. The Bubble Yum impression went away after a few minutes, though. I was intrigued all day by the elusiveness of this scent- I couldn't quite breathe it in to get a full whiff, no matter how hard I tried. I kept smelling little delicious puffs of it when I moved in my office, though! I also went through a brief plastic phase, which was probably the jasmine- but within an hour I smelled a creamy, light floral, with the floral notes extremely well-blended and vanilla holding it all in place in the background. A sweet, innocent, happy scent- it definitely improved my mood!

As Euphrosyne faded, the vanilla came out more strongly- but the florals are still present. As I'm typing, I can still smell both on my wrist, and it's been about 12 hours since I put it on!

I like this one very much. I ordered a 5 mL on instinct and I'm glad I did!!

This is a flowery vanilla scent on me.

In the bottle it was very sharpy and "perfumey" and it stayed that way awhile. In fact I was worried as it bothered me a lot and made my nose itch - I suspect it is the jasmine.

It's calmed down a lot. It now smells like cookies on me.

Overall? Not bad.

Citrusy, then gardenia. All gardenia. I love gardenia, but can't wear it around anybody--I know too many people horribly allergic to florals. Turns more jasmine-y with a touch of dark vanilla later. Lovely, but I was happier with the gardenia than the jasmine.

If Beth could bottle that dark vanilla, though--oh. I think I'd have a new signature scent.

Citrus. And then jasmine. And then gardenia. And then vanilla with rose in the background. A pretty, soft floral, probably a safe choice for someone looking to give a floral blend as a gift. I think this one will go on to my mom. I'm sure she'll like it. :P

For what it's worth, here's what's in my mom's imp collection:

Embalming Fluid

Phantasm

Zephyr

Black Dahlia

The Dormouse

Magdalene

Has No Hanna

...I think she has more. So, you may like Euphrosyne if you like clean florals, creamy florals, and light citrus scents.

The first time I tried this, I thought it was lemony. The second time, it was gorgeous florals. It's a "light" scent but it's strong at the same time. Very pretty.

Bottle: Gardenia and a background scent of rose

Wet: Gardenia and more Gardenia

It dried the same. Tea rose and vanilla were hinted in the back, but Gardenia and my skin are death together.

Wet: GARDENIA!! JASMINE!!

Dry: Vanilla and just a hint of florals. Weeeeird.

I like it, though. And it's long-lasting.

I've waited to review this & I'm glad I did.

The first time I tried Euphrosyne it smelled like single notes of gardenia & tea rose. Not that that's bad, it's just I am definitely a jasmine & vanilla kind of person. I like rose perfumes but have a very hard time wearing them, especially "tea" rose scents.

My 5ml of Euphrosyne is now about a month old & it suits me much better. Perhaps the extra time allows the base notes to develope.

I can now throughly enjoy this scent!!! The jasmine & vanilla remind me of a lighter version of Antique Lace. In fact, if you love Antique Lace & want a blend with the same "vibe", try Euphrosyne. I think you'll like it. :P

Smells very much like candy on me, it mellows out slightly with the vanilla and then...there's a hint of a flower that I really really like, possibly gardenia. Overall a very light scent, and very playful. :P

In the bottle:

Mmm sweet and warm!

On me:

Not what I was expecting! The lab generously included this as an extra in my last order, and I'm so glad they did! The florals are there, but the vanilla is the true star in this scent. It's warm and almost foody sweet on me, with the gardenia just peeking through and the rose alongside of it. The jasmine never makes much of an appearance.

Final note:

I don't normally like florals. But what is this? A rose scent I love?? Yes! This is beautiful and warm and rich. This is a floral scent that I think a lot of floral haters could love!

euphrosyne.jpg

I have been tap dancing around this imp for days. I was afraid of a too-sweet bubbly floral. I was so wrong. It is indeed sweet, bubbly and floral but it has character for all that giggling, and some real bite to it's punchlines. In here gardenia rose and jasmine unite to make the most beautiful combination. Euphrosyne is heavenly also because there isn't the merest hint of the animalic or base (which would have ruined the effect), as there usually is with "commercial" perfumes. This is more than mere pretty, this is downright magnificent.

Euphrosyne would get noticed, she broadcasts very well, so you will turn heads when you enter a room. This one has great staying power, too. It is extremely feminine and sexy, tender but grown up enough for anyone. Again, I think this is a scent which would easily cut across generations with grace.

Of course, as with all of Beth's scents, there is no hint of volatile extraction or forced merriment, this is what a pure essence can become when manipulated by someone who knows what she is about. I do think that without the sort of rose Beth chose to go in here, this would have been a much lesser brew, but that's what separates the geniuses from the drabs.

Euphrosyne is one of the three graces, and she is the goddess of mirth. "In Heav'n ycleap'd Euphrosyne..." was one of my favorite quotes from John Milton's L'Allegro. Why? Because no one else had the foggiest idea of what it meant, quoting that phrase used to spill me into lots of mirth, Euphrosyne would have been proud. You have to have a sample, it's a great poem:

...But com thou Goddes fair and free,

In Heav'n ycleap'd Euphrosyne,

And by men, heart-easing Mirth,

Whom lovely Venus, at a birth

With two sister Graces more

To Ivy-crownèd Bacchus bore;

Or whether (as som Sager sing)

The frolick Wind that breathes the Spring,

Zephir with Aurora playing,

As he met her once a Maying,

There on Beds of Violets blew,

And fresh-blown Roses washt in dew,

Fill'd her with thee a daughter fair,

So bucksom, blith, and debonair.

Haste thee nymph, and bring with thee

Jest and youthful Jollity,

Quips and Cranks, and wanton Wiles,

Nods, and Becks, and Wreathèd Smiles,...