Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
rainbow

Thalia

Plumeria, pear and white champagne.

Bottle: pear and plumeria

Wet: pear, white wine, and the real scent of fresh plumeria

Dry: cloyingly sweet baby powder

Ick. I think my skin hates fruit flower blends as this did what Fae did, but even more sickly sweet. No good cheer for me ~_^

Exactly as described! Can smell the pear, plumeria, and champagne. Light, happy, and rather girly. Good cheer indeed! I'm usually not terribly girly in my scents but I'm going to have to give this a second shot. Very pretty!

In the bottle: So floral... but I put it on despite misgivings.

On me: So it doesn't matter to me that I can't tell the difference between plumeria and lily/honeysuckle. It's killing my nose. The floral screams I'M A FLOWER. It's not subtle. I don't smell pear, champagne, just this sweet floral smell that's flooding my life. I had to wash it off. Couldn't even let it settle in. Based on the other reviews I'm sure this is a beautiful floral for someone who can wear them. It did smell elegant and 'rounded' (apart from how poorly I reacted to it.)

In the bottle: fruity... makes me think of fruit candies.

On my skin: yes now I can smell the pear distinctively. Pear and wine... I wouldn't say champagne, I think of white wine, more.

After a couple of hours: still very fruity (pear) but it also gets floral. Not disagreeable but not awesome either.

Verdict: I wouldn't mind wearing it but I wouldn't buy it on purpose... I think it's too innocent for me.

This smells like plumeria, pear and white champagne - it's that simple. It smells great, but doesn't last long on me. I may try it as a room scent though. No plans to buy a bottle, but I'll keep an imp around.

:P This is the only scent my husband and I can agree on!

Honestly it's all plumeria on me. I can also smell the pears dancing about, but I feel like I rolled around in plumeria for a few hours. In the bottle, wet, and later the same smell.

Definitly a happy smell!

luuuuvv it!

In the bottle: Pear, mostly, possibly a hint of champagne.

Wet: Oooh, this is fresh and cool pear and champagne, very light and sweet.

Drydown: It dries down to a fruity, sparkly floral. It's a very light scent, close to the skin, with a hint of tartness from the champagne, and a lot of sweetness from the plumeria. The pear gives it body, it has a hint of buttery-woody richness.

Overall: A zingy, pretty blend that absolutely makes me think of the colour if champagne with the texture of pear. It's elegant and feminine, sweet and not at all invasive, actually the pear is a very close to the skin scent. It actually has a good staying power, too.

straight sniff from imp is extremely floral... :P

holy toledo....once applied i am dying of the crazy bouquet of the perfume....

and it does not stop going full force.......

strong and sooooooooooo not me....

good bye sweet thalia .... off to another home you go.....

My very first review. My nose isn't very good at discerning different scents, so I tend to go with the scene a blend evokes. I am an actress, and I like to wear different oils for different characters, scenes and feelings. Why not? Here we go:

Smells like having a picnic complete with a bouquet of flowers, sitting on a freshly washed blanket in the middle of a pear grove on a late afternoon in the middle of summer in the south of France. Fresh, crisp and clean. I really like this one. Seems to have a hint of coconut in there somewhere. (It doesn’t, but there is that coco milk scent to it.)

On dry down: This might be going all nail-polish like during the dry down.

Ten minutes later. Nope. It is just more yummy goodness.

Edited for spelling issues.

Edited by stellaforstar

In the imp: Effervescent, clean. Makes me think of Mr. Bubble. Plumeria is very prominent.

On the wrist, wet: Champagne comes through beautifully immediately upon application. Also the beginnings of pear. This is very joyful, innocent and playful.

On the wrist, dry: Becomes a bit more grown up, while maintaining all the same qualities it has when wet.

Final Analysis- A definite keeper and most likely a big bottle. This is a great scent when you need something upliftinng and cheery, it also has wonderful staying power and throw for a light scent.

This is a light, feminine floral with a slightly fruity undertone. The plumeria is very strong in this blend; it's bright and cheery. I can detect a hint of the pear, but it is merely a whisper of fruitiness hidden beneath the florals. I think I can pick out a bit of the white champagne as well, but it smells like more of a white musk note to me, and it's not at all boozy. This is a beautiful blend, but not a lot of throw or sticking power.

Oh, Thalia is so nice!!!! The pear and the plumeria actually blend together, and the white champagne acts as a lovely undertone. It's such a pleasant scent!!!

ADDED 7/24/08:

You know, I just put on Thalia yesterday, and my little imp is aged two years........

Thalia aged is wonderful. :P

Mmm, pear goodness! There is a touch of sparkle to it that presumably is coming from the champagne. I can't really pick out the plumeria - I think it got eaten by the pear. My only complaint with this one is that it's very faint.

Tested thanks to the GC swap quikslvr arranged!

What is not to love in this blend? I was really excited to try it. In the imp it smells fresh and a little sweet- the champagne is understated; it's not a fizzy booze note by any means. There's a really green note in this that I wasn't expecting. The pear is more floral, like a pear blossom. On my skin: Something turns horribly sharp. Ew. This is not pretty on me. Whatever the green note was is amping to the point it's become Solomon Grundy... putrid and swampy and green. Not good. I think I don't get along with plumeria, because everything else sounds magnificant.

Edited by cordia

Thalia-

In Bottle: Mm, now, this is a pear scent I can get behind! Hope it works on my skin.

Wet: Fruity! Pleasant. Not very strong.

Dry: This is a light and pretty scent, not one that's likely to be a frequent flyer for me, but it is nice with its light fruit note. It does not last long, unfortunately!

Overall: Nice if a fast fader.

Edited by steffanina

Not going to give a full review, since I'm with most of the descriptions above, but....OMG this smells like my fave pre-BPAL perfume, Escada Sentiment. And in a good way :P It takes the sweetness of that scent and makes it less in your face (bye bye alcohol!) and far more rich on the nose.

I've just noticed the similarity between this and Glitter...has anyone tried both?? I may need to buy a vat of Glitter in the near future!

Reading the other reviews, my skin chemistry is apparantly Officially Weird:

In the bottle: a nice delicate pear with a sweet enveloping floral around it. This isn't screaming PEAR!!! like Endymion did, which makes me happy and hopeful.

On me: Still a lovely sweet pear/floral that isn't cloying or sharp. I'm not really getting anything identifiable as "champagne", which is probably a good thing as white alcohols tend not to work on me. There is, however, this bizzare note that I can only identify as butter...salted butter, at the back of my nose, especially on the outbreath after sniffing it. It's reminding me of Milk Moon slightly. This would be a lovely-but-not-favorite except for that Random Butter Aura, so I'll give it a few more tests; maybe it's a hormones thing. It has a reasonable stay length, and remains remarkably stable in terms of scent; no morphing at all.

When I opened up the imp the first thing I thought of was peaches. A few more sniffs and I relised it wasn't peaches, but more like that canned fruit peaches/pears mix.. in really sweet syrup.

I put some on, and it was like putting on that syrup. Really sweet, fruity, and nice.

It's dried.. there's something floral there now. I assume it's the plumeria.. Yeah, that's what it smells like - like the plumeria lotion from bath and body. I can still smell the fruit, too. It's a very nice mix. I'm not getting any of the champagne, though.

I really like this one.

Thalia is very nice in the imp and wet. It's a sweet, light floral that I rather enjoy. However, after about fifteen minutes it vanishes completely. No more scent at all. Nothing. :P Off to the swaps.

*shriek!* my first imp spillage! I didn't lose more than about 1/3 of what was originally in the imp, it's still more than half-full, but now I have a thalia-soaked thalia imp. It still smells pretty, though (: Seeing as I've spilled it, I may as well review it seeing as I have been wearing it on and off since I received it!

In the imp: it's sweet and pear-y fruit with delicate flowers! It's quite girly.

Wet on skin: Nothing that makes me think specifically champagne, the plumeria I know from body lotions and things - that's what is rounding out and making the pear smell not just like pear.

Once it's dry, it's a lovely light fruity scent. I like it for days when I'm feeling more girly than geeky (although the two aren't mutually exclusive!) at work.

Oddly enough, on the tissue I just used to mop up my imp spillage, I do get something that has a boozy note that would be reminiscent of champagne. Just not on my skin.

Yep, that's plumeria and pear all right. It's nice but not really me; it's a little too much like all those plumeria or pear scents from the likes of Bath and Body Works. (Although this doesn't have that chemical smell that BBW's stuff has!) Very light and summery.

Oh yum! Pear with juice running down your chin, for sure, plus a bubbly undercurrent (champagne!) and the floral smooths it all out.

Great throw and totally delicious. Unabashedly, brightly girly. I may need a bottle.

Yee-HAAAAAW! My very first actual bottle was waiting for me at the office this morning! And imps of Lolita and Fallen. Jeez, I love you guys.

:P

On reading and first sniff, Thalia is soooo not me . . . I am anything but a girly-girl, and when the frimp showed up with my first Imp Sixer, I didn't even really want to try it based on the description.

Thank goodness I got over THAT.

What a great way to start a drizzly, dreary, icy Wednesday . . . with a splash of champagne and a bite of pear.

Wet: Sharp and sweet, like hard cider (or in this case, perry).

Dry: Soft and humid - the pear didn't last very long, neither did the champagne.

Finish: Soft tropical floral.

Duration/throw: Still wafting at 3 hours, present at the wrist at the 8 hour mark.