Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
rainbow

Thalia

Plumeria, pear and white champagne.

In the bottle and wet on skin- a strong, sweet golden pear, with a slight white wine undertone.

Wearing- Very much a fresh fruit scent. I smell like a summer fruit basket! Mostly of pear, but also a hint of peach.

Overall, I found this to be a true pear and white wine scent. It was more white wine than champagne to me, as I didn't really get any bubbliness, as I do with, say Bon Vivant. Rather, the wine was more mellow than champagne normally is.

This is an excellent summer scent- very golden, and very mellow. It is definitely a happy scent, so fitting for the grace of good cheer.

Wow, this is gorgeous! No regrets buying a bottle right off the bat, that's for sure.

When wet this is ALL pear and plumeria. It's soft and delicate and glistening. As the oil dries down the wine starts peaking it's head out, never enough to overwhelm, just enough to be a backing note, adding depth and character.

Good cheer, no kidding, it's hard to be mopey wearing this!

Thalia is the perfect blend of fruit and floral. The pear and the plumeria fuse with the champagne to create a pear that glistens. The flower adds an extra hint of the outdoors and a slight dusky edge to the pear.

This scent is sweet and delicious with decent lasting power.

Thalia's the closest I'll get to a BPAL namesake scent (my name's Tahlia)...so I had to try her no matter what she smelled like.

My reaction: Hmm, fruity. Pear and floral, I don't get much wine. Light, pretty, golden and bubbly and cheerful, certainly; a nice summer scent, yes. The drydown is mostly plumeria, tropical, a lot like Pele.

However, I am emphatically not a bubbly tropical fruity-scent person, so it seems I will not have a signature scent with my name, alas. Ah well, I'll keep the imp anyway.

Edited by isyche

I was hoping I'd love this one, and I do!!!

It's lovely. I don't even know what Plumeria is supposed to smell like, but on me, this perfume is a flowery champagne with a touch of pear. I adore it and I kept smelling myself all day long. It's a sexy daytime scent or fresh out of the shower splash.

First Impression: Mmmm, fruity!

Second Impression: I love pear and plumeria is just lovely but I ordered an imp of this with reservations about the champagne note. It went rancid on me in Shattered and Bon Vivant. And it didn't work out this time either. A rancid undercurrent on my skin that was exactly the same with the other scents that contained the champagne note.

Final Analysis: I wish it would smell good on me, I love champagne and I love the other notes. It's a shame. :P

beautiful lush plumeria with a kick of fruit that no doubt comes from the pear and champagne. light and LOVELY. must.have.bottle...

Wow I'm either totally allergic to this or I've developed a random soap reaction today that I was unaware of. Sneezy and itchy which is a pity since i love the effervescant fruitines of this. Lots of pear and a little floral from the plumeria and it's gorgeous. Oh well... guess I'll have to give in to my body's wierdness and swap this one off for now.

This smells quite lovely, somewhere between the floralness of Euphyosene and the fruitiness of Agalaea, the champagne notes give it that vitality and plumeria is the light floral note and the pears (and touch of peach) helps to give a delicate sweetness.

Absolutely wonderful.

:P

First sniff: Pretty powdery flowers.

Wearing: Thalia is bright but subtle… I’m having a hard time pinning it down. Plumeria is probably the main thing I’m smelling – it’s a sweet fruity flower, much less powdery on my skin than it was in the vial, which is a Good Thing.

wow this is plumeria, and a dash of pear, i don't get teh champagne :P it is a beautiful, soft, white scent, very very femenine and sweet

In The Imp: Oh my. Even without having opened it, I can smell it, and it smells DELICIOUS. I can smell the pear immediately, with a soft layer of plumeria (one of my all-time favorite flowers) underneath. It's bubbly and crisp, which I can only attribute to the champagne. I close my eyes and it makes me think of watching the bubbles rise in a glass of champagne.

Wet On Skin: Mostly pear, but as I ran downstairs to share with my mom, it started to dry and waft over to me as more plumeria came through.

Dried: Mmmm...it's like eating fruit salad on the beach in Hawaii, watching the sunrise. More of the champagne peaks out, and it's an all-around nice balance of fruity, floral, and tang. I want a bigger bottle of this.

Overall Opinion: This might've usurped Machu Picchu as my favorite scent so far. I adore this. Cannot get enough of it.

This is a beautiful, light, happy scent. I agree that it smells more of wine than champagne but lovely nonetheless. This fades a bit quickly on me but I would like to try it as a lotion for layering. Very pretty...perhaps big bottle status.

In the bottle: I got this because I am in love with the smell of plumeria. In the bottle, though, I mostly get the pear and white champagne. It's a very light, clean, bubblely type of scent so far. I'm kinda hoping it will make me want to throw up less as my stomach is being stupid.

Wet: Still pear with a faint floral in the background. Hmm. Not the plumeria smell I was after when I initially bought this back in...um...December.

Dry down: Oh yum, here comes my plumeria. Very nice. With the pear in the background to temper it and the champagne lending a very sparkling note to the whole thing. But the pear has decided it wants to take over the scent on my skin, which...I like pear but this is a little strong for me. For some reason the pear wants to stick close to the skin and the plumeria is getting the throw. This is nice, but I wish the plumeria would be more prevalent in both places and the pear go away because it's not helping my stomach feel any better.

Dry: On my skin this has taken a very alcoholic note, which must be the champagne. The throw is a mixture of pear and chapagne. I don't know where my lovely plumeria has gone, but it was not as strong as I had hoped when I bought this blend. Hmmmm, well there's the plumeria and pear back on the skin and more of the white wine/champagne scent in the throw. I have a feeling this one is going to switch off and on all day. I like this scent enough to probably use it during the summer when I need something light and fresh, but I doubt it will attain big bottle status. I have Muse and Endymion in big bottles to fulfill my pear lust. I hope Beth makes something else with plumeria that smells a bit stronger of the plumeria. I like what I'm getting, but I want it to envelope me rather than tease me.

Thalia

It's a perfect blend of fruit and floral that for a fleeting moment reminded me of a cross between Lush's Amandopondo and Creamy Candy bubble bars. Bright, tartly sweet and joyful. I can't tell if the pear is what I smell most or the plumeria. They seem to be able to hide within one another like two playful children taking turns with hide-and-seek. They're paired perfectly because plumeria has a sort of fruity essence. Cheerful indeed.

In the imp: Light fruitiness!

Wet: Wow! Pretty pears mixed with plumeria. It's tropical and I really like this!

Drydown: Doh! The champagne note came out and drowned out everything. Now I know for sure that this is the note that thwarted me in Bon Vivant. I just smell like bubbly alcohol now.

Final thoughts: Such high hopes crushed by the drydown! Champagne's nice, but really, that's not all I want to smell like. :P

I didn't expect to like this one as much as I do! It's bright, fresh, fruity and floral, with a gorgeously light effervescence from the champagne. The plumeria just dazzles and the pear is softly in the background. I feel like I'm getting a gentle hint of a white musk somewhere too. So lovely!

Thalia smelled fantastic in the vial but on my skin went sour for some reason. I was dismayed to say the least. I was on my way to wash it off but was interrupted with a phone call. Ten minutes into the phone call, I smelled something really good. Like a bubbly drink made with pear liquor mixed with a peach jolly rancher.

Of course, it was Thalia!

Something happened in those ten minutes, and all I can say is…right on! I’m going to keep and enjoy my imp. Don’t like it quite enough to put it on my bottle list, but it's very nice.

Oh so pretty! This is sweet and fruity. When I first put it on, the booze overwhelmed, which my skin seems to do to boozy scents. I was a bit afraid for awhile that I'd smell like I'd been out drinking the night before. After about thirty minutes, it settled down into a sweetie flower scent. I really like this, it's very girly. It's like a little girl in a white frilly dress skipping through a meadow. It giggles. :P

at first: i don't know how the lab does it, but they much be psychic. i actually ordered this in another order, and they included it as a freebie. i think i'm only smelling the plumeria and champagne. i'm not sure about this one.

on: a sweet floral, with a touch of fruit.

half an hour later: very nice. i can smell all three of the notes (plumeria, pear, and white champagne) and they work very well together.

1.5 hours later: very pretty. the plumeria is the main thing i can smell now.

2.5 hours later: still pretty. mostly plumeria and champagne.

overall: very nice. i'm not sure i'll be grabbing this one often, since it didn't really blow me away, but i think it's a nice blend for summer.

Wet: Nice but...is that powdered kool-aid? Nah. Say it isn't so.

Dry down: The sparkle goes out of this blend on my skin almost instantly. It's very faint, now. It is yet another light scent that fades instantly on my skin. It definately reminds me of kool-aid, now. Watered down kool-aid. I think that's the pear in the desc, but it's so faint that it smells less white pear, more cheap generic fruit on my skin.

Dry: There's a pleasent, extremely airy fruit note I can catch every now and then, but it's not saving this scent. It had potential in the bottle, but now it just smells like I had an accident with a kool-aid truck and can't wash off the smell. V. light, vaguely fruity, washed out. It's stone-washed kool-aid! Only not.

Eeew. Now Thalia's doing a musty fruity dishsoap thing on me. No thanks.

Thalia is all sparkling and happy in the vial. Then she hits my skin and becomes floral booze. And not an endurable floral booze, like Swank. Oh no, this is bright, in your face, and screams bloody murder when you won't pay attention to it. My allergies are rebelling in a big way. *sneezes convulsively*

i sincerely hope this blend gets an influx of thalia-lovers, because i would DIE if beth discontinued this for whatever reason. there are scents out there that are doing worse, popularity-wise, so i suppose i'll be okay.

i love it. absolutely love it. i ordered a 5mL off the bat because it sounded so perfect, and it is. my 5mL is almost out, so i have another on order. i WOULD have ordered a 10mL, but i just don't reach for this that often. this is my ultimate, "you must only wear this on sunny days when you are in a great mood," scent. if i wore this on a craptastic day with lots of mud and mosquitos, it'd seem so out of place.

this blend is BEYOND cheerful. it honestly does what it's supposed to, and i'm almost sure this should be in the voodoo section rather than excolo!

in the bottle, i get a strong alcohol scent, which is obviously the champagne. it smells very commercial perfume at this moment, something you would pick up in a spray bottle from victoria's secrets.

on my skin, the plumeria and the pear blend together, yet they retain a sparkling individuality in spite of their capacity for smelling so brilliant as a single entity. i can smell both at the same time, but the way they blend makes it seem as though there's some hybrid fruit-floral note in here that is completely separate from either of them. it dries down into a slightly creamy, bright, fizzing, joyful scent, and i never want to be without it.

it lasts fairly long for such a light scent, but after a couple of hours, some wooden notes come out and surprise the hell out of me. this is such a gorgeous, simple blend, but it's complex in its simplicity. each note evokes a different emotion: the pear makes me feel innocent, the plumeria makes me feel calm and sexy, and the champagne makes me feel bright, happy, and on top of the world.

i love it, and it's completely different from what i usually go for.

Edited by diabolique