Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
rainbow

Thalia

Plumeria, pear and white champagne.

In the bottle: Sweet, delicate floral with an underlying greenness. I like the champagne scent - it's not boozy.

Wet: More floral, less sweet, greener, fresher. Also, oddly comforting despite its freshness. I can smell the pear now, but it's not overwhelmingly pear-y. The plumeria is wonderful.

Dry: It's less fresh and floral, revealing more sweetness again. Weird!

Summary: I quite like this, but it fades fairly quickly, and it's a bit on the sweet side for me.

Imp: Sour fruit and wine.

Wet: A sort of soft, floral-fruit scent. The pear smells almost peachy and the champagne is flat on arrival.

Dry: It dries down to a nice perfume-y pear scent. Pear is the top note grounded by a blend of plumeria and champagne. I was expecting a bit more of an effervescent scent or something, I guess.

Throw: Not a lot. This would be a good work or theatre scent.

Overall: As is the fate of most of my lighter oils, this will be mingling with jojoba in my bathtub at some point in the near future.

This is a soft, sweet floral that has some throw, but is never something that is very obvious. In the bottle it's pear and plumeria and when it hits my skin there's a flare of dry white wine. Drying it's mostly plumeria as florals like me, but as it settles in the pear comes out again and balances everything very nicely into a cheerful (how appropriate!) simple blend. I like this.

This scent is bright. The mental image I got was of a box of Crayola markers-- the ones that are/were called "bold." This smells like bright gold, magenta, and lime green. (No, this does not smell like markers... it just evokes those certain colors.)

It fades fast, but is nice while it lasts. It's not really my thing, but I'll save it for when the mood strikes... like when I'm feeling, er, rainbowy.

Wet on my skin, Thalia is pear and a little bit of plumeria over champagne. As it dries, the plumeria vanishes and the pear gets stronger and deeper. It's a very feminine, summery scent. I love it!

In the Imp (wet): Yummy juicy sweet Chinese pear and what smells like the tiniest hint of almond.

On facial cotton (dry): -

On me: There's this juicyness that drives me crazy with happiness. It reminds me of standing on a porch with a glass of white wine, looking over full fruit orchards on a chilly evening. It's a lovely day scent for the weekend or just hanging out. Unfortunately it tickles my nose if applied early in the morning. An annoying aspect, but tolerable.

It smells almost tropical on me. Bright, sparkly pear with champagne and a hint of plumeria. It's a beautiful scent, and very uplifting as well. I might get a big bottle, it smells so good on me. Throw is moderate, but staying power lasts all day.

In bottle: juicy pear and fresh floral. Reminds me a little of both Tiki Queen and Fairy Wine.

Wet on skin: fruity and golden. Mmmmmmm! A tropical floral emerges, which I assume is plumeria. Starting to veer towards the realm of jasmine!

Dry on skin: phew - I think we steered clear of the jasmine territory! It's a sweet, golden fruity-floral - very fresh and summery!

This was an overlooked frimp from ages ago that I just tripped over. I'm glad I did.

In the imp: WOAH plumeria. And pear. No champagne.

On skin, wet: My skin goes nuts on the plumeria - that's almost all I smell. It does smell a bit like the old Bath and BodyWorks plumeria, but not quite as bubble gum-like as BBW's version.

On skin, dry: The champagne comes out in a way that makes the plumeria smell like the olfactory equivalent of having glitter poured all over it. The pear peaks out a bit from time to time as well, but doesn't seem to be a major player.

Overall: 4.5/5 - probably a bottle at some point. It's very cheerful and bright pink, but in more of a flamingo way than a girly way.

In the vial: Fleshy white flower, but neither sharp nor strong. This one is soft and with an aromatic base that I think must be the pear.

Wet: Stronger tropical floral similar to jasmine. It smells like something blooming in the warm dark, elusive, something I can only sense with part of the inside of my nose. Definitely elusive. I want to grab it and hold it down so I can sniff it better.

Twenty minutes: Still elusive, and less sweet now. There's a bit of spiciness to it, too.

Three hours: It went through a sharp, almost headachy sequence but after about an hour it calmed down nicely. Now it's a slightly warm white floral, soft and sweet like "Loralei." I like it now that it's past the ramp-up.

I am very excited to try this blend-I'm hoping for sweet fruity floral goodness and I am always excited to see a pear blend!

In the imp, this is white flowers and sweet sweet pear! Very lovely, especially as a spring/summer scent. The only thing I worry about is that it may go too powdery on my skin.

Mmm, on my skin-so far so good! This is lovely! Sweet juicy pear tempered by the white florals, with a bubbly hint of champagne. Sometimes white florals go sour on my, but the pear really keeps this sweet and out of old-lady territory.

There is only one glaring problem with this blend. Within a half hour it was completely gone. Not faint or light...gone. Not even a trace! No staying power at all! Too bad, twas nice while it lasted, but I wouldn't pick up a bottle of this blend.

On first sniff, I thought that I really liked Thalia, especially since the elements listed for it sound so lovely. I put it on from the imp before leaving work the other day and felt absolutely nauseous wearing it. There was something that had gone wrong-- it turned overly musky and cloying in a way that I couldn't stand. Shame, really, because I very much wanted to love it!

Strongly getting the plumeria with a very, very light champagne undertone. Can hardly detect the pear, but I suspect that's because pear is such a light and soft scent in comparison to a floral that typically has a very strong scent with quite a throw. The oil in general is okay, but not wowing me. It's a little too old-school traditional floral for my tastes. The imp shall be passed along.

in the bottle: a strong, bright, cheerful floral with a fruity sweetness.

on my skin: plumeria predominates, but a lovely layer of pear adds a sweet, pleasant base.

as it dries: I can catch the tang of champagne at the edges. It would make a great summer party perfume: it's so happy and bubbly. A little goes a long way, on me, and lasts a good long while. I especially like this after the plumeria settles down a bit; the champagne and pear become more apparent and the blend is gorgeous.

In the Imp: Sweet and tangy

Wet: Mmmm...plumeria...

Drydown: Wow. This is so feminine and sweet. I love florals so this is heaven. At the rick of getting punny, this is a very cheerful scent that I feel like I could wear anywhere.

Overall: LOVE it. This may have to be a big bottle some day :P

In the imp - very fruity, lots of pear.

Wet on skin - still pear, more floral now.

dry down - dries to a floral fruit…with a powder scent (seems everything does that on me?)

Overall - Not my favored, its too much like a “commercial perfume, and therefore boring, I’d keep the Imp but wont be purchasing a 5ml.

The pear is more evident at the start, when a sweet champagne note comes to play bubbling. On the drydown the plumeria becomes stronger and the blend goes on the floral side. It should be nice for plumeria lovers. The champagne is not boozy at all.

This blend is pale yellow and viscous. When I first crack the imp I smell soft, sweet plumeria under a sharper note that might be the champagne. I love the name and concept of this blend, hope it loves me! First applied this turns almost instantly and intensely sweet - sweet, fresh pears in a heap of florals and splashed with the bubbly. Nom. Love this, but it disappears into the ether within an hour. Maybe in a scent locket? :huh?:

Edited by Indig0

Oh, this is plumeria and pear making sticky sweet love. Because this is a giant sweet plumeria floral. Like candy sweet.

Pass.

To start out, this is definitely recognizable as a tropical floral--I can distinctly smell the plumeria in it. After an hour or so, there's still plumeria, but underneath it, there's also a fruity-champagne scent fizzing and juicy behind it, and only barely-there.

Two hours in, the scent as a whole starts to fade; the floral is becoming soapy and there aren't any base notes to the scent to keep it around. After a while, it's definitely soapy as it fades out into oblivion.

Recaplet: Strong plumeria that fades quickly.

My rating: 2 of 5 (Meh.)

Color impression: White and yellow.

Hmm, I thought there was a jasmine note here, but it must be the plumeria. I thought it was jasmine and fruit, I just didn't know what the fruit was. This is a heady floral, with sweet, sweet fruit made even sweeter by the champagne. This smells like a drink that would give you a nasty hangover, kind of like Baby Duck. :ack: Not for me.

Imp: Tropical flowers

Wet: Tropical flowers

Drydown: Tropical flowers. All I smell is plumeria. Not a hint of pear or champagne.

Overall: Plumeria SN. What a bummer. Skin chemistry is so unfair. :rantrave:

Sniffing the imp, I'm getting plumeria and champagne.

Wet on the skin, it's initially just plumeria, but as it drys I'm getting the chmpagne and pear notes as well now. Nice, but the plumeria note really gives it a strong floral throw on my skin. A little too much floral for my senses.

Thalia

In the Imp: Oh. In the bottle this smells like the air in a place that does acrylic nails. Not a good sign, me thinks.

Wet: Ah, now we've moved down the street to the floral shop....much nicer, but I think I'm smelling something jasmine like, and I really hope it's not jasmine.

Dry: It's NOT jasmine!! And some lovely summery fruit is coming up behind the floral...it's going all lovely on me!! Hooray!!!

Timelapse 1 hour: Ah, now that the floral smell has mellowed, I can smell champagne...not bubbly champagne, dry champagne that goes well with ripe fruit.

Timelapse 2 hours: The fragrance is but a ghost, but it was very very lovely while it lasted.

Verdict: Will buy bottle. Yomyom....

Edited by pseedie