Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here

While my all-time number one head turner is still Snake Charmer, I've had surprising.. incidents with Mama-Ji, Voodoo Queen and Doc Buzzard. Also pretty recently, Oblivion. :P

Dorian, O and anything with red musk gets my husband's attention. He likes both Hollywood Babylon and Mania on me.

Dorian is the big winner in the household so far because it smells so good on both of us. It smells slightly more floral on him... but I'm okay with that. :P

Anything with vanilla or cinnamon seems to get the most attention from the guys in my life, particularly Antique Lace and All Night Long.

Queen of Sheba, Scherezade, Urd, and of all things, Cathedral...

...but the one that makes my husband the happiest is Samhain 2006, because he wants me to wear the one that smells like pie.

And it turns him on.

Edited by LadyMedb

I like anything with honey or with a combination of sweetness and rose for these purposes. So far the list includes:

Wanda, Kali, O (aka Ooohh :P), Queen. MMmmhhhhh.............

Shub! It's been said before, it'll be said again. It's Friday night, I go to the market in slouchy shorts and a sweatshirt, and every single stock boy and store clerk checks me out thoroughly. A couple hit on me. And why? It's because of this perfume. It's a man-magnet!

. . .totally getting a bottle.

There is something very sexy about the myrrh/honey/wine mix of Athens. I feel like I've been sexin' it up in Greece with wine and sun on my skin, just amazing.

I think the Minotaur is quite sexy in a raunchy, incense-y, dark kind of way. :P I've gotten compliments on it too.

The first time I put on Anne Bonny, I went out to eat with my dad & was downright embarrassed...all these cute young waiter-boys kept hovering around me like bumblebees! :P

Okay, I'm updating my original 2004 answer. My boyfriend gets off on any oils that smell like chocolate, so I'm doing well with:

Bliss

Lump of Coal - very sparingly

However, smelling like chocolate doesn't make me feel sexy by default, so my dancing scents tend to be Imp or Loviatar. During the day, I go more for Dorian or O.

Tried Hymn to Proserpine yesterday and it's dead sexy...and the boy thought so too. Darkening amber? Oooh baby!

Hey, I have a sexy-scent question.

I've noticed that a lot of the blends that people consider sexy include and in fact draw their general sexiness from notes that I don't like, like dragon's blood, patchouli, or amber. So... are there notes besides these that people consider sexy? Are there sexy blends that don't include any of them?

I've noticed that a lot of the blends that people consider sexy include and in fact draw their general sexiness from notes that I don't like, like dragon's blood, patchouli, or amber. So... are there notes besides these that people consider sexy? Are there sexy blends that don't include any of them?

I usually tend more twards the 'sexy' blends myself, like Mme. Moriarty, Snake Charmer, Scherezade and other which I love, but I've also had sexy compliments towards blends that have vanilla in them; one in particular was Antique Lace. I feel comfortable in it, not sexy like the others, but I've had men tell me that the vanilla is a turn on to them. Another one that I've had extreme luck with is Dorian, especially after it's aged a few months. Devil's Night '06 is also such a hit [and a true favorite of mine] that I may have to buy another bottle. One of my male friends recently called it an 'erection scent' because he was so turned on every time I wore it. :P

I don't think the last few have any notes that you listed in them, so whether they help you or not I don't know. I just know how well they work for me.

Both Antique Lace and Devil's Night are on my (admittedly, huge) wish list, but I'll have to add Dorian. But... one question... what is fougere? In a lot of oil descriptions, it says "lavender fougere", but in Dorian, just "fougere". Does fougere always smell like lavender?

Dorian doesn't have even the slightest hint of lavender, to me. I don't really know what the term 'fougere' means, though I do think that in the way the description for Dorian is worded, that it might just be a fancy, or perhaps French term for the word perfume. There might be someone on the board who knows for sure.

An astounding number of the Love Potion oils put me off. I'm not crazy about rose, gardenia, jasmine, dragon's blood ... gah. For me, sexy scents that I like include:

• Loviatar
  • O
  • Imp
  • Dracul
  • Snake Oil
  • UltraViolet - great for daytime
  • Spooky
  • Black Parl
  • Dorian
  • Antique Lace - new formulation
  • Mme. Moriarty
  • Miskatonic University - especially the soap
  • Boomslang
  • Coral Snake
  • Asp Viper
  • Sugar Skull - boyfriend
  • Bliss - boyfriend
  • Lump of Coal - boyfriend
  • 13 - boyfriend

There are some scents that other people find incredible on me that I just detest. I figure that if I'm uncomfortable, then it's pretty much a case of the sexy wearing me than me wearing it.

Both Antique Lace and Devil's Night are on my (admittedly, huge) wish list, but I'll have to add Dorian. But... one question... what is fougere? In a lot of oil descriptions, it says "lavender fougere", but in Dorian, just "fougere". Does fougere always smell like lavender?

Apparently fougère is traditional style of cologne.

My quote is towards the bottom of this section in the Wikipedia entry on "Perfume,"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfume#Describing_a_perfume

"Fougère: Meaning Fern in French, built on a base of lavender, coumarin and oakmoss. Houbigant's Fougère Royale pioneered the use of this base. Many men's fragrances belong to this family of fragrances, which is characterized by its sharp herbaceous and woody scent."

And lavender is apparently one of the notes used to create fougère. I'd imagine there could be lavender-dominant interpretations and that's why Beth would note it as "lavender fougère" in particular blends.

I can't distinctly catch lavender in Dorian, which leaves me smelling like lemon lollipops well into the dry-down I am afraid, but in that heavenly way-way-way later snuff of it I'll catch on my wrist--a teeny bit of lavender in there wouldn't be impossible to imagine. Lavender blends with white musk extremely well.

Edited by whitemyrrh

Others may have said this but *Musk*. Musk is the ESSENCE of sexy, in my book. (andon a biological level, it really is) Others have mentioned Dorian and I'll back that up.

There are so many musks too,....red, white, black, skin... that you should find one that suits you. I'd try a few scents with musk in them.

OK, so...I wore Imp yesterday, and my boyfriend loved it. He kept telling me how nice I smelled (which he usually says, but unless he's especially impressed, he doesn't usually tell me more than once), and kept kissing my neck a whole lot where I had applied it. I certainly wasn't complaining. :P But then again, he LOVES patchouli, so it probably could have been any blend with that in it.

Finding that perfect "sexy" scent really is all about what makes you feel sexy. For me, the Snake Oil & Co. tend to work, but not for my sister. She wears lighter florals and fruits. Those don't make me think "sexy & sultry" at all.

But seriously, douse me with Mme. Moriarty and I turn into a sex kitten. Give me the expected scents like Smut, Le Petit Mort, or O and I gag. Eww...so wrong on me.

Edited by Teggy

I'm one of those people who doesn't like dragon's blood - it takes over everything. That said, Dragon's Musk is the sexiest thing to come my way in a long, long time (as is Blood Amber - 2 notes you don't like :P). Certain scents just blend really well......

My personal taste in terms of scent is already in the sultry/sexy/musky category as it is. Luckily the husband loves them on me. I reserve Snake Charmer for special occasions even though I have more than enough of it.

Snake Charmer

Snake Oil

O

Perversion

Red Musk anything

However, a couple of scents have taken me by surprise. They are ones I like but didn't necessarily think of as sexy/smutty/provacative until my husband basically let it be known that I was under orders to wear as much as I could, as often as I could. I couldn't help but laugh at these two, even if they did have a good effect.

Dreamland ("a low cut black dress with a neckline that shows your belly button") WTF LOL.

Black Opal ("wet bikini, in a good way") OMGWTFBBQ I had to laugh. A lot.

My fav smutty perfumes are Snake Oil, Mme. Moriarty, and MB: Underpants - I had a guy describe Snake Oil as being "fuck-me vanilla" - what more could you ask for if you're looking for a sexy scent?