Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here

I get a huge reaction from my husband on O, Snake Oil and Bathsheba. Of those three, I'd say that O and Bathsheba are most suited for "day wear". Snake Oil can be a bit strong, especially during the summer. I wear it during the day, but that's just me...

No votes for Havisham? That is totally drool-worthy.

And my #1 is embalming fluid. Man, my last girlfriend started wearing that at my 'suggestion' (i.e. I slathered her with it every time I could get her to sit still) and man, that rocks. It also is a fine daytime scent.

I guess it depends on the person, though *shrug*

unfortunately. while i haven't tried a lot of bpal, my boy doesn't really have a single reaction to any of the oils other than "oh". i let him smell most and his reaction with the exception of march hare was "it stinks". :P

I guess it depends on the person, though *shrug*

unfortunately. while i haven't tried a lot of bpal, my boy doesn't really have a single reaction to any of the oils other than "oh". i let him smell most and his reaction with the exception of march hare was "it stinks". :P

Mine dislikes most things too. Don't think of it as him saying *you* stink. Chances are, he likes how you usually smell, and is maybe afraid to say so. If you use scented bath products and he likes how those smell, it's not a bad idea to look for similar smelling BPAL. And you may accidentally strike on something that he adores on you.

The Lion is one of the very few scents that makes my creature happy. Embalming Fluid isn't icky to him, but it's not appealing either. Baku he isn't entirely thrilled by, but he doesn't seem to dislike it as much as Embalming Fluid. Haunted is very changeable on my skin, so sometimes he likes it and other times he hates it. Pretty much everything else he dislikes or hates.

So enjoy that he likes you as you are, and if you hit on something he likes, great. Otherwise... at least he's easy to please :D

Kalli

Yes, my head-in-the-clouds Aquarian doesn't notice my fragrances and should I be so bold as to stick my wrists--or other bit of anatomy--under his nose, his most likely response is either "yuck, flowers" or "at least it doesn't smell like flowers".

I'm very used to that (we've been together a very long time) and wear fragrances I love (he has certainly never complained, unless questioned).

(and, actually, I was thinking back to a woman lover I had--a Virgo--long ago, who also truly hated any fragrance. But that was pre BPAL.)

Me, I've always loved and used scents of all sorts (and am in heaven here). The notes that in my distant past, non BPAL, used to get the most frequent response were carnation-ish (I wore Bellogia, and loved it, and it is a complex but mostly carnation floral), vanilla (yes, vanilla does it very well), sandalwood, and--oddly--a fruity raspberry/incense hippie type oil I used to buy at a music shop (it was probably really a headshop, now that I think of it--I was a naive child.). Jester comes close to that scent; too young for me now, but nice on my daughter (and her guy likes it. He also likes O a lot--a whole lot, I am told..)

I think the best fragrance, for all things, is the one that makes the wearer feel wonderful, because then there's just a lovely aura of confidence and bliss. Very seductive.

Mine dislikes most things too. Don't think of it as him saying *you* stink. Chances are, he likes how you usually smell, and is maybe afraid to say so. If you use scented bath products and he likes how those smell, it's not a bad idea to look for similar smelling BPAL. And you may accidentally strike on something that he adores on you.

his reaction to a lot of bath products - "it's okay." :D

i don't think he's much of a scent kind of guy... whereas i'm very much into smells. thus i just tend to ignore his opinion (unless it gives him a headache which is sometimes the case) and purchase whatever i like. i keep hoping that one day i'll run across something that will interest him though.

mostly i think i'm just a little jealous as i've never had one "oh hey you smell nice" reaction from anyone. :P

i never get that reactin as wel. but then again, i havent tried alot of scents. i just notice them trying to sniff around more thats all.

Keep in mind that what works on some people doesn't always work on you. These oils don't have the scent stablizer that most commercial perfumes have, so they react with your body chemistry. I for one can't wear anything vanilla since it turns rancid and is ampped up. My guy likes anything metallic since it compliments what he wears.

My suggestion is to try all kinds of scents and find one that you like and your friends like then try it out on your guy.

Good luck, getting those black pants :P

Well... I've found another winner. The creature loves Incantation, in a nuzzling nibbling grab me and... yeah. *That* kind of way.

I guess vetiver really does it for him :P

Kalli

Sadly O is nothing like that on me! ;_;

O smells like babies on me. Brand new womb spat out babies. It's practically birth control!

I've gone thru all 17+ pages of this thread and tallied up the mentions of each fragrance. The way some people phrased their posts, I had to decide if they were saying it was a sexy scent or just that someone liked it. For example, sometimes someone would say "gets the most reactions", but doesn't really say what KIND of reactions. Or "had a wild night but not sure BPAL contributed". So I used the context of the rest of the post to give it weight either toward sexy or the "honorable mentions" category. If something got several "honorable mentions" it got bumped up to the "sexy" category. I included a few comments that stood out for me in the posts with a few of these. There are layering combos at the end of each list.

Also there were several threads blended into this one, so there could be some repeat mentions of a scent by the same people (does that make sense?). But you could take that as that scent was still working for that person later on, so it's probably worth an extra rating. :D

This is not a scientific analysis by any means, and some of you may have weighted things differently than I did and come up with a slightly different list. But anyway, I did this for me but I'll share with you guys cuz I'm sweet like that. :P

Top sex magnets:

Unabashedly sexy scents. Every one of these had unambiguously sexy comments about them("seductive...", "SO is crazy about...", "guys go nuts over...", "can't leave the house with this on....", "can't quit sniffing/keep hands off me...", "I feel sexy when I wear...", "come hither...", "smells like a French whore", "pounce..."). Of course, any or all of these may not work with your skin chemistry or affect your guy, but at least you've got a few top ones to try. :D

O - 34

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla

Snake Oil - 30

By far, our most popular scent! Magnetic, mysterious, and exceedingly sexual in nature. A blend of exotic Indonesian oils sugared with vanilla.

Perversion - 19; sort of a mix of classy and elegant with dirty and dangerous

The perfect scent to wear to your next bondage ball, dungeon adventure or sojourn to your favorite pleasure dome. Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

Scherazade - 18

A master storyteller who possessed unfailing courage and compassion, a sharp, quick wit, and a true understanding of human nature. Saffron and Middle Eastern spices swirled through sensual red musk.

Sin - 15

Thouroughly corrupted: amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon

Morocco - 15

The intoxicating perfume of exotic incenses wafting on warm desert breezes. Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

Vixen - 15

Lascivious, flirtatious, and vampy as hell. A true heartbreaker’s perfume. The innocence of orange blossom tainted by the beguiling scents of ginger and patchouli.

Wanda - 14

Along with Loviatar, she has become something of a 21st century Patron Goddess of all Dominatrixes. While Loviatar is the Goddess of Pain, Wanda govens Control. She is the breathtakingly beautiful sable-wrapped marble queen of Sacher-Masoch’s fantasies. Her scent is a deep red merlot with a faint hint of leather, sexual musk and body heat over crushed roses, violets and myrtle.

Blood Rose - 11

Sensual, robust, and silken: voluptuous red rose bursting with lascivious red wine and sultry dragon,s blood resin.

Bordello - 10

A decadent, deep perfume, lusty and luxuriant. The scent evokes images of velvet-lined Old West cathouses, tightly laced corsets, rustling petticoats and coquettish snarls of pleasure. Bawdy plum with amaretto, burgundy wine and black currant.

Lust - 10; sex in a bottle!

Uncontrollable passion and insatiable sexual desire: red musk, patchouli, ylang ylang and myrrh.

Spellbound - 10

Perfectly enchanting! An irresistibly sexual, utterly rapturous blend of three roses, radiant amber, and sensual red musk

Dorian - 9

Love Me - 8; sexy, smokey, sweet, long-lasting

A commanding, dominant oil that increases sexual magnetism, creates an intense and irresistible air of attraction, and amplifies potency.

Dana O'Shee - 6

Loviatar - 6

Red Devil - 6

Snake Charmer - 6

Bathsheba - 5

Formula 54 - 5

La Petit Mort - 5

Snow White - 5; some said only Snow White, at least one said SW2005, so they're all together in this count

Bastet - 4

Blood Kiss - 4

Debauchery - 4

Dragon's Heart - 4; warm and intriguing

Incantation - 4

Queen - 4; voodoo oil

Queen Mab - 4

Queen of Sheba - 4

Ravenous - 4

Smut - 4

Velvet - 4

Alice - 3

Antique Lace - 3

Blood Amber - 3

Desire - 3

Hellcat - 3

Hollywood Babylon - 3

Lampades - 3

Persephone - 3

Red Moon - 3

Sacred Whore of Babylon - 3

Samhain - 3

Sed Non Satiata - 3

Seraglio - 3

Spanked - 3

Swank (pomegranate) - 3

The Lion - 3

Whip - 3

Xiuhtecuhtli - 3

Zombi - 3

#20 Love Oil - 2

Bewitched - 2

Black Lotus - 2

Black Phoenix - 2

Brisingamen - 2

Carnal - 2

Chimera - 2

Come To Me - 2

Depraved - 2

Dirty - 2

Dragon's Milk - 2

Hellfire - 2

Hell's Belle - 2; sexy & smoldering

Imp - 2

Jack II - 2

Noir - 2

Psyche - 2

Rapture - 2

Silentium Amoris - 2

Siren - 2

Sudha Segara - 2

Sybaris - 2

Tempest - 2; tropical

Tombstone - 2

Undertow - 2

Urd - 2

Venom - 2

Perversion + Snake Oil - 2; sex & candy

Got 1 sexy vote or several "honorable mentions":

Aizen-Myoo

Aureus

Baghdad

Baobhan Sith

Beaver Moon

Black Dahlia

Blinding Glory of Love

Blood Countess

Bloodlust

Chaos Theory XLI

Chokmah

Circe

Coiled Serpent

Crucible of Courage

Darkness

de Sade

Dia de los Muertos

Elegba

Eve

Faustus

Fire of Love (voodoo)

Follow Me Boy

French Creole

Gluttony

Golden Priapus

Hamadryad

Harlot

Haunted

Hemlock

Hetairae

Honey Moon

House of Mirrors

Hunger

Hunter Moon

Jack I

Jacobs Ladder

Jailbait

Juke Joint

Juliet

Kali

Kitsune-Tsuki

Khajurajo

La Belle Dame Sans Merci

Laudanum

Lilith

Lotus

Malice

Masquerade

Mata Hari

Midnight

Miskatonic University

Morgause

New Orleans

Old Port Au Prince

Old Scratch

Old Shanghai

Othello

Queen of Hearts

Rage

Rakshasa

Rose Red

Salome

Shroud

Skuld

Snowblind

Storm Moon

Storyville

Succubus

Tarot: Temperance

Tarot: The Empress

Tarot: The Star

Three Witches

Tzadikim Nistarim

Veil

Venus (discontinued)

Water of Notre Dame

Wanton

Wicked

Graveyard Dirt + Anubis

Mata Hari + O

O + single note patchouli or Kali or Blood

Perversion + Death Cap

Urd + Blood Lotus

Wanda + Loviatar + Rage

Silentium Amoris + Love Me

Sin or Love Me layered with O or Queen of Sheba

Honorable Mentions ("my dr. said this smelled good...""; "you may want to try..."; "I get general compliments on...". "my friends like...", "my co-workers like...":

Absinthe

Ace of Pentacles

Anne Bonny

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo

Bayou

Bearded Lady

Black Forest

Black Opal

Bliss

Blood Lotus

Bon Vivant

Carnival

Chaos Theroy XXI

Chaste Moon

Delight

DeSade

Dormouse

Dracul

Dragon's Milk

Embalming Fluid

Fae

Freak Show

Frost Moon

Geek

Glasya

Gluttony

Grog

Haunted

Hell's Belle

Hunger

Horn of Plenty

Jailbait

Jester

Juliet

King of Spades

La Belle Au Bois Dormant

Lenore

Lolita

Luperci

Marquise de Merteull

Mars

Midnight

Miskatonic Uni

Nemesis

Nuclear Winter

Old Athens

Omen

Pele

Phantom Queen

Pink Moon

Pride

Pumpkin Patch - any

Regan

Queen of Sheba

Sea of Glass

Snow Bunny

Spooky

Sugar Skull

The Caterpillar

The Hesperides

Thunderbird

Tombstone

Twenty-One

Voodoo

Anubis + Bastet

Edited by Darbla

I think pretty much anything with spice is sexy! Harvest Moon 06 is really a great sexy scent, I think, because it smells rich and spicy and slightly "gourmand" without feeling "heavy" (it's the green tea and sage, I think).

After hearing so many rave reviews for O, a friend of mine sent me an imp she didn't want. Such disappointment! It's more of a deterrant than anything, and could probably easily replace the birth control. I tried it on and his comment was, "Ugh... what IS that smell? It's like a freshly powdered baby's arse... Go wash that stuff off!"

Guys (and girls) compliment me on Antique Lace all the time. They guys also like Shadow Witch Orchid, Alice, Dorian, and Come to Me. Follow Me Boy is a big hit with girls (lol), because of the baby powder smell.

Three out of three testers agree that Siren smells like slinky goodness. And when I was wearing Blood Pearl, two male friends felt the need to hug me even more than usual...

For some reason, my fiance seems to feel that the lighter, cleaner, "girlier", less spicy scents are sexier on me. Perhaps it's because I really don't look or act like an innocent type in the least and the contrast is interesting? I'm really not sure. He goes nuts over Antique Lace, Sea of Glass, Juliet, and Tempest of all things. Really... he can't keep his hands off when I have on any of those.

I can't believe that no one has mentioned Mme. Moriarty - that stuff is SEXY. It's really an amazingly provocative scent (I think it's the red musk). Also, my honey has been telling me how sexy I smell whenever I wear Midway, which surprises me as I don't think of Midway as being a sexy scent, but it works for him so hey :P

Kudos to BPAL... my boyfriend has found every single scent an aprodisiac. I'm scared to tell him what it is... because he may become as addicted as me!

But the first stranger to compliment me on a scent, I was wearing Samhain 06. DAMN. That scent is sexy. I love it. I could bathe in it!

:P

So far the votes in this relationship are (in order of preference):

On me: Rose Cross, Hymn to Proserpine, Midnight Mass, Sudha Segara, Eos, Somnus, Haunted, Nanshe

On him: Sudha Segara, Cairo, Hymn to Proserpine, Midnight Mass, Djinn

We're out of Midnight Mass, though. HtP seems to be taking its place quite nicely, and doesn't go wonky like Mid.Mass sometimes does.

I can't believe that no one has mentioned Mme. Moriarty - that stuff is SEXY. It's really an amazingly provocative scent (I think it's the red musk). Also, my honey has been telling me how sexy I smell whenever I wear Midway, which surprises me as I don't think of Midway as being a sexy scent, but it works for him so hey :P

My husband agree's with your honey. He loves both of those on me too. He also loves Arcana's Devilish (I have had MANY compliments when wearing this).

I love Morocco but he didn't comment on that one but my Mom smelled it in the bottle and she didn't like it. I think it's Fab!

Lately, my sexy blends of choice have been Shub, Dark Delicacies, Morocco, and Mama-Ji.

My darling isn't much for scents one way or the other (he wears some cologne simply because Dean Martin wore it [rolls eyes]), but I have gotten a few compliments from him (mostly when I say "hey, smell this").

The first unsolicited comment I've ever gotten from him was for Lucy Westenra, which is good, because it's my favourite.

The second was for Kindly Moon. Kindly Moon. That I spilled half my bottle of in the bathroom. Wah!

Apparently The Girl loves Hope. I usually wear MB: Closet around her (she likes that on me too :P) but yesterday it was warm, so I reached for Hope... she wouldn't stop sniffing and nibbling at my neck all night. I'm sooo glad I have a 5mL coming!

My standard I-want-attention scent is (oddly) Monster Bait: Closet. It has never failed yet...