Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here

either i have a crush on him or his black jeans, but that's not important.

Hahaha, that´s brilliant! :D

A lot of people have mentioned that the boys like Bordello. It´s actually not so inappropriate as it sounds, scentwise. Also, from what I can recall, men in general seem to like sweet scents? Don´t quote me on that, though. I´m usually one to fall for the jeans, and then realise that when he takes them off, it´s all downhill :P

Antique Lace...every time. And if one man in the room has the balls to tell me I smell wonderful (or divine or delicious or like dessert) then others within noseshot all concur. :P :D

-Monster Bait: Underpants has gotten good responses (but it's fairly difficult to find, so...)

Also, Szepasszony, Antique Lace, and Kumiho. If you live somewhere very warm I'd stay away from the resin-y, incensey blends just because they tend to have throw like whoa.

My advice would be to wear whatever makes you feel the most confident and comfortable. Even the night-time only type scents (I'm guessing you meant some of the more sensual/overtly dark or sexy ones) can be used during the day, btw, especially if you have a scent locket or have mastered the art of applying to your hair in minute amounts.

Edited by faifai

I say black opal, it's light enough for day time wear and it's the only scent I've had where a guy (the one I happen to crush on) leaned over to sniff me. It was pretty hot.

I'll second the rec for Bordello, and add Bewitched as another possibility in the same vein.

Other possibilities would include Dorian and Kali (although the latter is a little more evening-oriented, it definitely works as a daytime scent as well).

I'd definitely second Dorian and throw in a recommend for Alice. O is another really good one, and I love Jailbait, too. Good luck with the guy, or his jeans!

I've read that the smell of oranges are great for increasing a man's arousal... I don't know if that's really true, because my boy tends to love anything that smells like vanilla or sweet food... but Tweedledee might be a really wonderful/casual orange-ish scent that you could wear to work. I normally hate the smell of orange, and I found that one to be really feminine and pretty :P

Scents that I wear that my boy finds especially sexual... Monster Bait: Underpants, O, Lump of Coal, Sacred Whore of Babylon, and Dragon's Milk. Those are the ones that he can now recognize and remember by name, lol.

Eat Me is one of my new faves, and my own black-jeans-clad hubby loves the smell of it. Of course with that one you'd run the risk of having to tell him what it's called if he asks.

And I agree with anyone who suggested Dorian. It's a good all-occasion scent because it's inoffensive and unusual. Definitely good for daytime.

Cosmo had that famous article showing that in scientific double-blind (or whatever) studies, the scent of pumpkin pie was the most arrousing and appealing to a guy.

So Harvest Moon 2006, here we come! Or Jack.

But go with other people's recommendations, as I've never fully tested my BPAL scents on random men. :P

One thing is for sure: Men love vanilla. And apples.

Now, if I could only find something that women love... :P

One thing is for sure: Men love vanilla. And apples.

Now, if I could only find something that women love... :P

spicy catches my attention. perfumey florals and baby powder smells make me sick to my stomach but spices and warmth, definitely my attention getter.

I get positive reactions from the boy whenever I wear Antique Lace or Snake Oil. Plus, the men in my department have walked into my office and said 'What smells good? Is that YOU?' when I'm wearing them, too.

O didn't work for me, but then I hated it, and he thought it smelled like baby powder.

Edited by Xiabelle

My Mr. absolutely loves The Red Queen on me - it's the only thing he's said "ooh, what smells good?" without me prompting him "hey, smell me!"

i get compliments from my guy friends when i'm not having my period and wearing o. they go sniffin around me and try to hide it. it smells like honey dusting powder. no vanilla no amber though i want it more. but when i do have my period, it goes all baby powder on me. and they go like you smell nice and dont sniff as much,.

No contest, Snake Charmer is the be-all end-all of "follow me boy" scents. I literally have tons of men follow me around like love sick teenagers whenever I wear it. And when I tell them the fragrance is called Snake Charmer they always say that it is quite apropos :P

After that I would go with Snake Oil, Kali, or Bathsheba.

Edited by L-z_Empress

Hmm...if you really want to attract a fellow on a more physical level, try the voodoo oils. I've tried other brands of these types and they WORK! They tend to smell a little on the cherry side, and don't always strike me as being "perumes," but I haven't given BPAL's voodoo blends a shot.

I was actually discussing this topic with a coworker yesterday and he said that men are also attracted to cinnamon. For that, I suggest Eclipse. It's a very warm and inviting scent that's great for daytime.

In the end, you need to go with something that makes you feel confident. If you think you smell nice, you'll just radiate beauty. (:P)_b

I second suggestions for Dorian, Alice and Antique Lace. Men love vanilla, and all of those are light enough for daytime scent.

My hubby also loves hesperides--tasty apples, though maybe better for fall.

Fae is a really nice one too--peachy sweet, sparkly and captivating. A lot like dorian-vanilla+peaches to me. :P

Add Regan to the vanilla list. My husband really liked it (and so do I!).

Another day scent he also likes the very citrusy Aizen-Myoo, which is lovely for this weather but not really my thing...

Edited by LadyMedb

I've had excellent luck with Al-Araaf, but it's getting hard to find these days (luckily I have a few bottles stashed away). And I haven't had any guy-feedback on them per se, but I'll second Morocco, Antique Lace, Dorian, Regan and Snake Oil as great "all occasion" scents that are clean enough for the office but still have a little something sexy to 'em (I'm a big fan of light musks and vanilla, obviously).

The one scent that had the somewhat surprising effect of making my very platonic guy-friend say, "Um... please don't wear that one, it's making me think impure thoughts" -- Yerevan!? So I guess it just goes to show, kind of depends on the guy when you're talking about what turns their cranks. :P

I'd have to agree with coulrophobe--it really depends on the guy. My husband is just 'meh' about most of my perfume oils--even the vanilla ones like Antique Lace and MB: Underpants, but he LOVES Venom. Go figure!

But I'd also agree with everyone who mentioned Dorian, Morocco, Antique Lace, Dragon's Milk and Bordello. Those are all favorites of mine!

Snake Oil, O and Snake Charmer didn't agree with my chemistry. But I have smelled them on other people and to my nose they smell a little too strong and sexy for day wear. But that's just me. YMMV.

The suggestions that mentioned that pumpkin and cinnamon are attractive for guys, well at least they are true for my BF, as he likes Samhain the most, and when I wear it he most certainly comes to grab me :P

I guess it depends on the person, though *shrug*

Edited by Medvssa

cinnamon gives my table partner a big headache and i was banned from using anything that smells like cinnamon ever again. but then again, my friends love it. anything with cinamon goes. was told i smelled like a cookie. dont know ifthey're serious.

Yes, yes, yes, boys love vanilla!

Regan (orchid vanilla) and Mouse's Long And Sad Tale (amber vanilla) are my top day vanillas... in fact, I think I have to get a 10ml of MLAST before they go poof, I love it so much.

The daytime LE I get the most boy reaction to is Enraged Bunny Musk. Not vanilla, but it's a lovely light musky scent. Mmmm...

I'd have to add Perversion, White Rabbit, and Bess. Whenever I wear those, the guys in the office just swoon! I have a male friend who sniffs me each day to see which imp I am wearing. :P