Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here

Guys are simple creatures. Most of 'em have about 3 categories for scent. OMG yum!, that's nice, and OMG ew! The problem is, they do not all think the same things are in the same categories, just like women don't all agree on scents.

So if you've got one specific guy in mind well... really all you can do is ask him or observe his reactions. Mine will nuzzle happily and mutter nice things if I wear The Lion. And as you can see from the what knocks men off their feet thread, guys vary a *lot* in what does it for them. And yes, a *lot* of guys do like candy-sweet scents. Another large chunk of guys like spicy scents. But the one you're after may not be one of those. You just can't tell.

Kalli

I have found great success with Wanda (mostly wine and leather on me), Loviatar (mmmmmm leather - very naughty), and Rage (rose geranium - although I can't quite describe what it is in this scent that drives my hubby CRAZY - in the very best way). To mix the three together is a guarantee an unforgettable evening! (and they all go great with a tight-lace corset - wink!)

I think you're wearing a lot of foody scents that may appeal to you, but not as much to the boy. A lot of guys like foody scents, but not all of them. I think it's true, whatever smells really really good on you is going to attract them. When they impulsively grab your arm and start sniffing the inside of it, you know they like it... :P

ETA: Maybe you should consider one of the Twilight Alchemy Lab potions? See below:

Queen of the Nile

Use in love magick when the object of your desire is a stranger. Opens up opportunities for communication, and entices people to be more responsive to your advances.

Edited by valentina

Here's the link to the TAL oils:

http://www.twilightalchemylab.com/

Thanks! Though he's not a stranger, so maybe not the Queen of the Nile one... Maybe Dixie Love Perfume, Charisma or Blinding Glory of Love? Or Mantle of Venus? Milk & Honey?

(And it's off the topic, but had I known, I could have worn the Baptismal one at my Baptism near he begining of the year!!)

I would totally second Vixen -- I love that scent. And I'm surprised no one's mentioned Sin -- that's my sexiest BPAL scent by far. The first time I sniffed it on myself, I was about ready to do me! :P And I always get really interesting reactions when I wear that one out. Others I find very sexual include Desire and Sed Non Satiata.

But different people are very different in what appeals to them most -- the scent that triggered the strongest reaction in my wife when I wore it was Blood, and for our boyfriend (we're poly) it was Chimera. So the spicy ones definitely work for some people... Which come to think of it would reinforce the appropriateness of Vixen (ginger) and Sin (cinnamon).

The first (and only so far) BPAL my bf likes is Aizen-Myoo, all else he declared as smelling like an "old lady. Luckily Aizen-Myoo is a fave for me too!

I'll be really interested how you like the Khajurajo, since I luurrrvvve it! It's not as foody, but it's sexy!!

Oh this is yummy on my skin, after it settles down! It's like all the sweetness of the honey and dates and florals all come out to play on my skin! It's gorgeously sweet and delicious. It reminds me a little of something like Lampades or Baneberry. Mmmm!! I love it!

Edited by kunoichi

So... I love this thread, but I was thinking about changing the title so it would be easier for people to find if they're poking around the forum and/or using the search engine. And my brain isn't working quite as efficiently as I like it to.

Does it need the word "sexy" in it? (I might want to merge some other older threads about sexy scents with this one). And although I love the imagery of being knocked off your feet, not everyone in this forum wants to knock a MAN off their feet. :P Remember too, that the search engine won't find words of three letters or less.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :D

PS - Regarding O, I had a friend smell it last night and got told it smelled nice, can't remember the description that was used, though. But anyway, I commented on how people think it smells like sex, and that got another sniff from my friend. After a few moments, I got told that there is a vague hint of something that may smell like semen(!?!) in it!! I just can't pick up anything like sex at all in O.

And of the ones I've worn so far, I'd say that Ravenous smells the most naughty of the lot. Maybe because it reminds me of a man's cologne for some reason, and because it's both sweet and musky at the same time... it's definately wicked!

my "smells like sex" list goes like this:

Honey Moon - aka: "cunt musk single note" (on me) to the point where i was embarassed to wear it! and i don't embarass easily!

Wanda -cunt musk is in there, but not like Honey Moon

Smut - well, duh!

others are more "smells sexy" or "smells like it inspires one to sex" as oppsed to "smells like sex itself".

as for scents that the men around me seem to like?

SMUT - inspires everything from heavy flirtation to spontaneous reenactments of the life of the late roman emperors. (including a cast of many more than you'd think could fit on a bed :P )

Snake Charmer - much nuzzling from the guy who never nuzzles.

Snow White -- the BF loves that innocent smell -- it makes him want to corrupt me.

Storyville - impossible to get. i only have one imp and i call it "the Big Guns" now. intense.

n.

Edited by zenvodunista

my "smells like sex" list goes like this:

<snip>

Thanks! I've got Honey Moon, still to try. Smut doesn't like me... and I've added the rest to the list!

Hmm... Storyville? What's in it, any idea? There's no description on the review page. :P

Hmm... Storyville? What's in it, any idea? There's no description on the review page. :D

when i wear it, i can smell vanilla, leather, smoke, tobacco, some sugar, and bourbon.

:P

n.

So... I love this thread, but I was thinking about changing the title so it would be easier for people to find if they're poking around the forum and/or using the search engine. And my brain isn't working quite as efficiently as I like it to.

Does it need the word "sexy" in it? (I might want to merge some other older threads about sexy scents with this one). And although I love the imagery of being knocked off your feet, not everyone in this forum wants to knock a MAN off their feet. :P Remember too, that the search engine won't find words of three letters or less.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :D

Well, I found this thread in the FAQs before seeing it on the boards so I'm sure that helps. As for the gender issues, I personally find that men and women react differently to scents as in men will follow me to class if I smell like a Martha Stewert kitchen but women will pass me notes in class asking what I'm wearing if I smell clean or like lavender. Perhaps if it linked also to a lady-friendly thread?

As for good scents, I wore Alice earlier at a friend's apartment and fell asleep only to be told when I woke that I smelled "sooo good. Like honey-nut Cheerios but better." :D

I gotta say that out of all the yummy stuff Laurel has brought home to snuffle, nothing really smells like the act to me. But I think that it's a pretty good indicator that some of us pick up phermones better than others, I don't really have what I consider a sensitive nose, but that is one I can always pick out. One time we did get a batch of some black opium incense that smelled uncannily close to it in the bag. However burning it didn't really do anything other than make it smell like incense. :P

Now I certainly have some associations such as with Wanda, etc. But that's a little different.

For me, the notes that tend to make me think of sex - anywhere from a vague suggestion of it, to being clobbered over the head with it caveman style - are MUSKS.

Which one(s) works for you depends on chemistry, of course - I'm partial to white and black, though the ones that are most reminiscent of actual sex (sometimes not in the most attractive way, mind you) are red musk blends.

White/light musk scents include things like Dorian, Morocco and Antique Lace (which doesn't have it listed, but I have a whole bottle of White Musk SN to compare it to, and they smell pretty darn similar); and in a lot of more floral blends like Juliet and Fae. White musk is clean, soft, and a little powdery to my nose, but still sexy - it's what I was meant to smell like!

Red musk includes the oft mentioned Smut (which sadly, smelled like peanutbutter and dirty sheets on me - not the sort of "sex scent" I was looking for). I also think the TAL Blinding Glory of Love has red musk - and I highly recommend it. :P Another dead sexy blend containing red musk is Loviatar.

Black musk is in Iago, Lilith, Desire - a lot of the "dark" scents, as well as in things like Mad Hatter, which I love. To me, it's a kind of rich and buttery musk. It seems to be the one that goes funky on a lot of folks though.

Honey Moon - aka: "cunt musk single note" (on me) to the point where i was embarassed to wear it! and i don't embarass easily!

Wanda -cunt musk is in there, but not like Honey Moon

OH. MY. GOD! That actually makes me giggly. I've never had that reaction to a perfume before (which is a good thing) and I think that could scare me. It would probably make my SO happy, but not me.

I think there should be an icon for that. Cunt Musk Single Note would have a bright white background with pussywillows and a pink border with the title in pink. There goes the imagination wild again, lol.

To update my own list, I'm surprised by Smut. It's a scent I don't mind on my skin but I've never thought of it as sex. Wearing it in my scent locket reminded me of taking a bubble bath with someone else, leading to sex (although sweet soap bubbles up the vagina and urethra lead to bad things I still make the association.) On the skin it's much more deep like vanilla rum. Alcohol and sex naturally go together... sadly so, in some cases.

The scents that remind me of sex (memory is all i have at the moment :D ) are Wanda, Jacobs Ladder, Sed Non Satiata, Bloodlust to name just a few.

Wanda and Jacobs Ladder remind me of the body heat, anticipation and release of sex rather than the scents produced in the coital interlude itself :P

Wanda and Jacobs Ladder remind me of the body heat, anticipation and release of sex rather than the scents produced in the coital interlude itself :P

And that's actually what I'm after. Thanks!! ^_~

I have to add O to this list. I finally had to get rid of the bottle because to me it was the scent of sweaty skin along with the scent of an ongoing orgy that never got washed off rather than the seductive scent of of sex and sexuality.

As you all may be able to tell, I just merged a whole lotta seperate threads about sexy scents into a bigger discussion about sexy, seductive, provocative scents. I think it's much tidier to have them in one thread. So if you are wondering where any lascivious discussions went, I'm sure they are in here! :P

Mm, I've just got to put in an additional 16 yuan here in favour of the sexiest BPAL I've found yet, that being the combination of Perversion and Death Cap.1 I really may have to buy both those at the next update -- and to think that I didn't originally expect that I'd want to smell that sexy on a regular basis! Sigh. It's worked -- and by "worked" I mean "the intended effect was produced, whether or not the scent is responsible, and I didn't ask either way at the time" -- twice for me now. Of course, it's reasonably likely that it's all because of how it makes me feel, but the other is also a possibility. Lord, what fools these mortals be.

Has anyone else tried these together? What did you think?

Edited by septima_pica

hi there, i'm "new" to bpal. i've known of bpal for a pretty long time but i have yet to try any of the scents.

anyway, i'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for me. i just started a new job. nothing glamourous, just..a chain thrift store! haha. however, there's a boy i work with that i think i have a crush on. either i have a crush on him or his black jeans, but that's not important.

does anyone know of any bpal scents that guys particularly enjoy on us girlies? "daytime" appropriate scents only, please. i'd love to find something that will make this boy and/or his black jeans lust over me.

i've never been much of a fragrance person, so i don't have much of a clue as to what i like. i'm open to any suggestions. if you've had luck with a particular scent, i want to know!

(i tried to check the similar "recs for oils that men love" thread in the recs faq, but the link isn't there anymore.)

thank you!!

Snake Oil works for me.

Every time I wear it people stop me and tell me how wonderful I smell. At the grocery store, in the elevator- everywhere. Perfect strangers even.

It is my "get noticed" scent! :P

Good Luck! I hope you snag him! :D