Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here

Dragon's Heart, BLOOD ROSE and Wanda all smell like sex to me.

I think it's mostly the sweet resins that smell like sex to me, like dragons blood resin. Definately if there's musk and wine involved. The leather in Wanda is slightly kinky to me and Dragon's Heart is musky and feral and animalistic. Blood Rose smells like everything involved in sex (i.e. condoms and lube and sweat and drunkenness and soap from the shower beforehand... or sex in the shower.) Damn that's a good scent!

O turned straight to baby powder on me, so unless sex smells like baby ass...

Smut smells like sex (should smell) to me, I almost want to take a bite out of my wrists when I wear it.

Perversion. I was wary of the leather note, but after the drydown it is just a feral quality. There is a slight coconut sweetness like is like hot, clean skin to my nose (not at all like suntan lotion, if you are afraid of that!). It drives me wild.

Perversion. I was wary of the leather note, but after the drydown it is just a feral quality. There is a slight coconut sweetness like is like hot, clean skin to my nose (not at all like suntan lotion, if you are afraid of that!). It drives me wild.

Oh! I second this one. I don't wear it often because I only have an imp, but it is VERY sexy. It dries down to a rich (unlit) pipe tobacco smell on me. And what's sexier than a sexy man smoking a pipe?

Bordello - I put that on when I was very new to bpal, and my husband was sitting next to me.

He said that it smelled like sex, though I didn't really get that.

There was something about Skuld that made me think of sex. Something sweet mingled with that clean sweat after sex smell. I had to stop wearing it because it was too personal. Like everyone around me would think I just came from the bedroom. Try it! LOL It is very nice. (Ylang ylang, honey, Egyptian and Arabian musks and labdanum).

And, get yourself a BPAL scent you love and then go have some really great sex for all future scent associations!! :P

Carnal was the epitome of sex on me. There was something about the fig in that one that was just to die for. Sticky and sweet and dead sexy.

I know it's an obvious choice (which makes blatantly obvious my lack of creativity), but La Petite Mort smells like sex to me. It's a little bit powdery for awhile, but after that wears off, in my experience anyway, I can definitely smell the heady scent of sex-sweaty skin &...um... afterglow, I guess? :P

Well...you may think I'm crazy but trust me on this ok?

Antique Lace....yep, you heard me, Antique Lace. You would NEVER guess from the description but it is a sex magnet. Must be the vanilla.

And the second suggestion is *surprise* Incantation. I highly recommend Incantation for down & dirty sex. "A profound and entrancing potion, deep, wispy, and unfathomably dark scent: vetiver, dark woods, crumbling and burnt black sandalwood and a drop of lemon rind." I think it's the vetiver. Get an Imp of this one first because vetiver does strange things on some people.

The other one's I'd suggest have already been mentioned: Perversion & Wanda for their leather note.

Have fun experimenting!

Lust. It definitely has sex going on - one reason why I'm not wearing it that much, because I'd rather not make the customers at work think that I might be interested in them... that way :P

It will depend on your skin chemistry but anything with black musk turns to sex on me (Haunted, Black Forest, Dracul etc).

By sex I mean that it smells like a woman when she's turned on... yep, that's the best description I can think of. :P

First of all, this is a thread title that got my attention. As in, right away. Heh. Pervert that I am.

Second, Kuniochi, is that you in your avatar? If so, wow, if I could do that to a bustier! So you want a smell to go along with the way you look, right? (I am not hitting on you, I'm just saying they boys must follow you around like lovesick dogs.) I think if something smells good on you, the boys are going think it smells like sex.

I tried O for the first time and thought it smelled like body odor on me. But everyone else thinks it smells great. I mix it with some single-note patchouli for a rather devastating effect. O is a great mixer... I've mixed it with Kali and Blood Lotus and it mellows out and sexes up those scents.

I find Khajurajo pretty sexy, it was a Lupercalia LE, and it was inspired by kama sutra. Anything that has the sandalwood and sweetness is for me, sex on a stick. I associate it with kama sutra and being covered in a bucket of honey with incense burning. It's a much more complex scent than O. I just went and sniffed my bottle of Khajurajo and got a rush. I also find Urd incredibly sexy for the same reason -- it's patchouli, muscadine and nag champa. It is sex after drinking a lot of wine with incense burning, sans the honey. But those are my mental assoications and what works on my body chem. You might just think it smells like head shops.

But damn, this was fun to talk about! Whee. Good luck finding a signature sex scent. (The proverbial s.s.s.!) If you ever want to sample Khajurajo, PM me.

Kuniochi, have you ever tried mixing a bit of O over the Beaver Moon? Since I have both of them, I tried, and while it's kind of sweet for me, it's nice. It looks like you enjoy the foody/sweet scents, so you might love it. It's like eating cheesecake after sex. I can always come up with some sort of graphic mental association, you know...

I can't quite imagine what O might do to Smut, but it might be really, really good, unless the Smut overwhelms it. I'd say a touch of Smut with more O might be hot. I traded away all of the Smut that I ordered, and now I regret it. :P I should never let my winter body chem influence what I think might smell good on me during the spring. I'm feel an itch to visit the sales/swap thread.

Anyway, I'm also a big Urd pusher and I found the patchouli element to be very, very low-key in that scent... I get a lot of muscadine and nag champa and just a hint of patchouli. If you ever want to sample it, PM me, I have a 10 ml.

I'll be really interested how you like the Khajurajo, since I luurrrvvve it! It's not as foody, but it's sexy!!

hi you fab corset-rocker,

besides smut, which I find works wonders, the boys seem to really perk up when I wear the following: spellbound (roses, amber, and musk), juke joint (bourbon, sugar, and mint), perversion (rum, tobacco, leather, chardonnay, and tonka), house of mirrors (amber again! with crystal and glass notes), and spanked (leather, cardomom, patchouli, and bourbon). the last two were limited editions, but if you haunt the swap forum long enough you can find anything! it appears that amber, musk, or booze notes in my scents equal sex to the gents.

good luck in your very worthy quest!

Hmm... patchouli and myrrh. It may not like me very much... though ylang ylang should go sweet on me, I'd suggest, which might off set the other two... how strong are the patchouli and myrrh?

I can only speak from my own experiences, but I had the ylang note predominantly, and this is the only blend where the musk turned somewhat feral on me - not enough to be stinky in any way, but it definitely made its presence known. I'm only getting a little bit of patchouli, and if it didn't say it had myrrh in the description, I probably wouldn't have been able to guess it. YMMV, but if patchouli and myrrh are the things to worry about for you, it just might still work out. :P

Have you tried anything with civit? It was origionally squeezed from sex scent glands. Sometimes it goes "poo" on people; on me, it is like death. For some people is IS the scent of sex. I was just looking at the reviews for Satyr. I think it may be really sexy on a man...

Something in Blood Kiss is JUST like sex to me, but only when DH wears it.

One I haven't seen mentioned yet is Rapture, which reminds me of afterglow without actually smelling like sweaty bodies.

Two scents that apparently smell like sex to my guy, because of *ahem* happy associations, are O and Siren (but I have the old version, before the apricot was added).

I've also been told by an ex that Ravenous is SexyAsHell on me. I also find Hunger incredibly sexy, but other people think it smells like orange creamsicles, soooo... :P

I'm not sure what it is, but my girl refuses to let me wear Hellfire anywhere except in the house with her as it smells, (and I quote) "like hot sex all night long."

It smells completely different on her then on me though, so i'm not sure what it is that does it for her in that one. *shrug*

I just know it works well. :P

Have you tried anything with civit? It was origionally squeezed from sex scent glands. Sometimes it goes "poo" on people; on me, it is like death. For some people is IS the scent of sex. I was just looking at the reviews for Satyr. I think it may be really sexy on a man...

Something in Blood Kiss is JUST like sex to me, but only when DH wears it.

What other scents have civit in them? I tried to do a search for civit on the BPAL site (with Google, since the Lab's search function is not very good), and didn't find anything...

Thanks!

Try spelling it "civet" - that's the correct spelling. You should get lots more results. :P

Try spelling it "civet" - that's the correct spelling. You should get lots more results. :D

Thanks for that! :P

Regarding civet, where is one of our fabulous mods/avatar designers, minilux? She is a self-described "pervert who loves civet." She might have some good suggestions. If she doesn't show up soon, I'll harass her to stop in, because I also want to read what she says about this topic (as she is way too funny!)

I can't wear civet. I have a really good nose for civet and my nose says NO. Actually, I shouldn't say I can't wear civet, because I won't put anything with civet on my body. It might smell good, and I don't know. :P

If you simply want a good laugh, go read the review thread for Satyr. There's lots of varied rants and raves (including a lot of my own fussing around) and it's evident that civet is a "love it or hate it" kind of thing.

I only really have Puck to go on, but I would definitely say it's animalistic. I'm not even clear on the question here, because I think there's a big difference between something that literally smells like bodily secretions and something that triggers your brain and makes you say, "must have sex now with whoever smells so good!" Not sure I want to get anywhere near the former and not sure I've encountered the latter yet, either, since my boyfriend would sooner be dead than be caught wearing anything fragrant. I do, however, have a fond memory of a patchouli-wearing boyfriend from many, many, many years ago. :P

Now, I asked my hubby b/c what he thinks smells like sex is way different than what I think smells like sex...

He, of course, mentioned O right off the bat. I wear it a lot; it's my fave BPAL.

After that, Bathsheba is a close sexond (yes, I left the typo b/c I think it's fargin' hysterical). It's good for summertime.

For some reason, something in Dorian makes me think about how a sweet-smellin' lad (like my fancy-boy) smells post-coitus. It's slightly sweet, slightly tart, a little sticky, there is a little bit of acridity (is that a word) from the tea and there is the yummy light musk throughout.