Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here

Men say they prefer the scent of vanilla. But, there's a study that revealed that the most hard-ons are generated by the scent of......pumpkin pie!

I get my best results with vanillics-- Snake Oil, Dragon's Milk, Blood Kiss. Or amberics-- O, Bastet, Brisingamen.

Also hate to be unoriginal, but Snake Oil knocks 'em on their asses! :P

I agree that if it's foody or contains vanilla, most boys will love it.

My love likes Beaver Moon, Antique Lace, Morocco, and Black Opal the most (and in that order). If I'm wearing any of the aforementioned scents, he's sniffing me. Maybe that's why those four scents are my top favorites, too.

My body chem is seemingly sympatico with head shop fragrances, although no one thinks they smell hippie-ish or head shoppy on me. Spicy, exotic, erotic, my-god-you-smell-good, that's what I hear when I wear Urd. And if layer Blood Lotus with the Urd, the effect can sometimes multiply, to the extent that I don't do it that often. It depends upon how much energy I have that day. :P

valentina

I think I replied in this thread and said Scherezade. It bears repeating, though, because Scherezade is just perfect in every single way. A year of trying BPAL, and I still have a hard time unseating Scherezade from the top slots.

However, if it doesn't work on you, I've found Spellbound to be remarkably similar- and the rose notes give it a much more feminine edge. My boyfriend and I busted up as soon as I got my hands on it, so I can't say for certain whether he'd love it or not- but I'd be willing to bet that a lot of men have a positive reaction to it.

Also snow white. No kidding- that innocent, soft vibe is pretty powerful.

My guy gets excited over Snake Charmer, Perversion, Wanda, O and suprisingly, Snow Bunny!?!

Every time I wear O, Wanda or Perversion, he always tries to hold me so he can smell my neck ::it's cute:: He says the smell of Wanda reminds him of kinky sex.

And Snake Charmer certainly "charms" his "snake"-- I guess his mother never told him "it's rude to "point" :P

BPAL certainly enhances are already *very* healthy sex life...

Gluttony and Jack seem to be the ones that guys react to the most, at least of the ones my group of friends has tried.

The best compliment I ever got, though, was while I was wearing Three Witches, but that's because cinnamon and cloves are this guy's favourite scents.

sadly my guy has a cat nose , he dosent like perfumes or scented soap ,or anything that has scent on it and that means me too .

Mine too, Kitten :P

i finally found one perfume he realy likes. Lenore..so i have to get more.

Add Chimera to the list. :D and to reverse the original idea - Black Opal on my boy knocks me (and other girlies) off their feet. :P :D

-Jen

This is a weird one for a man to like, but my hubby LOVES Bewitched on me!

I love Azozoth on him ME-OW! :P :D

Strangely enough my husband HATES foody scents with a passion, though he digs the vanilla fragrances. The only scents he's really gone for in a big way were Antique Lace, Snake Charmer and Snow White 2005. And there must be something to the SW05 because every single time I wear it I have men and women ask me what perfume I'm wearing. :P

The two scents that my husband has really loved on me were Zombi and Chimera. Oh, and the ever popular Snake Oil, but less so.

Evidently Tombstone is the magic potion on me.

One of my male coworkers walked in when I was wearing it one day, sniffed, announced something smelled good, sat down in a chair, leaned over towards me and sniffed again, then moved about three feet closer. :P

And the boy kept trying to eat my wrists when I wore it the other day. Seriously. He'd act like he was going to take a bite every time I held it out for him to sniff.

He's also responded well to Beaver Moon, which he says smells like Christmas. And Antique Lace is popular as well.

Yeah, he's a vanilla whore.

The best reactions I have ever gotten are from O. Men have actually asked me in the grocery line, while trying to wrangle three kids, what perfume I was wearing! Not just one, either. Mike goes absolutely NUTS over the stuff and I think it's just yummy!

Spanked is VERY sexy and, believe it or not, I'm going to agree with the Tombstone. Mike LOVES it on me, says it's very sexy. It's very different, to say the least.

A guy @ a bar literally followed me around until i told him what i was wearing.. it was kinda cute! It was a mix of Anubis & Bastet.. :P

snake charmer & sin. always good response, esp. from snake charmer.

plus, when I wear them I feel sexier and more delicous. smelling great plus feeling fabulous is a deadly combination!

and yes, I have to agree, Spanked is VERY VERY sexy!

My kind of title, there :P

But check out this thread, 'Which scent knocks men off their feet?' http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=5655 . You may find something you like there.

I find my personal best bet for using bpal for this purpose is to go with spicy, woody or musky scents (some of my favorites being Bloodlust, The Cracked Bell, Fenris Wolf, Sed Non Satiata) but your milage may vary depending on your skin chemistry and scent preferences.

Do you have any perfumes you really enjoy? Are they musky/sweet/dark/pink (ie, what scents do you tend to gravitate to?). You'll want to pick a scent that suits you and your personality, so I'll be able to give you a more certain reccomendation from there if I know what types of perfume you usually work best with. :D

I hope that helps!

Court

Edited by Court Analyst/Strategist

It depends on the guy. Mine thinks fruity/sweet scents are the best thing ever, with lavender hitting a nostalgiacly sexy button because when we first met, my usual scent was straight lavender. Either one makes him go oooh in a good way. I've checked out the thread Court Analyst/Strategist recomended, and it really highlights that guys vary. A lot.

Kalli

It depends on the guy. Mine thinks fruity/sweet scents are the best thing ever, with lavender hitting a nostalgiacly sexy button because when we first met, my usual scent was straight lavender. Either one makes him go oooh in a good way. I've checked out the thread Court Analyst/Strategist recomended, and it really highlights that guys vary. A lot.

Kalli

Yes, it really does seem to vary guy to guy, unfortunately. However, I have found that I work best towards the goal of 'inspiring lust' (I love that phrase now, thanks :P) with scents that make me feel sexy/confident/etc and in other words fit me as a person so as to play up my individuality, so to speak. (if that makes any sense, I am feeling very absentminded and therefore slightly nonsensical today :D ).

Court

Edited by Court Analyst/Strategist

My guy is completely unimpressed by "sexy" scents like Snake Oil and Loviatar and "foody" scents like Gingerbread Poppet and Chimera. He is, however, a big fan of O, which falls into both categories. Weird.

I'm going to agree with anyone who's mentioned girly/feminine/floral scents. I was wearing La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente the other day, and he complimented me on it. He also really likes Henri Bendel's Rare Mimosa EDT (a light, sweet, airy, ultrafeminine floral and my favorite non-bpal scent).

I'm thinking of tracking down a bottle of Snow White, as that seems to be many people's idea of the ultimate in light, innocent, girly/sexiness.

But, there's a study that revealed that the most hard-ons are generated by the scent of......pumpkin pie!

This, and the above comment about Scherezade tally with my experience with Baghdad. Personally, I find it's complex and beautiful on me but sensual rather than sexy. The man-friend, however, had a different reaction unique in my experience with BPAL.

I held out my wrist for him to sniff saying something like "I really like this one, what do you think?". He dutifully sniffed, and then sat up, clutched my wrist, and sniffed deeply again. His comment was a strangled "That one really, really works on you." He was actually *embarrassed* by the strength of his reaction, but that doesn't stop him from asking me to wear it frequently. :P