Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here

So, here's a question for the wiser masses - I'm a lover of sensuals and unusuals. The fellow I'm into at present is a straight-laced, good old Southern boy. What scent or scents would you recommend to get the attention of a mainstream fellow's nose and make him sit up and say "wow, you smell amazing, what is that?", while not sacrificing a passionate, artistic sort's own personal preferences? Are there any sexy, sensual, fabulous, AND appealing-to-the-masses scents in the lab?

If you can find some, definitely try Gypsy (from last summer's Metamorphosis update). It's sexy in an understated way and definitely a crowd-pleaser. Its notes are bourbon vanilla, Egyptian musk, tonka, white sugar, and cardamom.

This one sounds quite promising....especially the bourbon vanilla bit! Are there other scents with bourbon vanilla combos?

I haven't tried it yet but THE ARRIVAL AT THE SABBATH AND HOMAGE TO THE DEVIL from the Salon contains:

Bourbon vanilla, benzoin, caramel, Mysore sandalwood, aged black patchouli, carnation, and iris florentina.

So, here's a question for the wiser masses - I'm a lover of sensuals and unusuals. The fellow I'm into at present is a straight-laced, good old Southern boy. What scent or scents would you recommend to get the attention of a mainstream fellow's nose and make him sit up and say "wow, you smell amazing, what is that?", while not sacrificing a passionate, artistic sort's own personal preferences? Are there any sexy, sensual, fabulous, AND appealing-to-the-masses scents in the lab?

If you can find some, definitely try Gypsy (from last summer's Metamorphosis update). It's sexy in an understated way and definitely a crowd-pleaser. Its notes are bourbon vanilla, Egyptian musk, tonka, white sugar, and cardamom.

This one sounds quite promising....especially the bourbon vanilla bit! Are there other scents with bourbon vanilla combos?

I haven't tried it yet but THE ARRIVAL AT THE SABBATH AND HOMAGE TO THE DEVIL from the Salon contains:

Bourbon vanilla, benzoin, caramel, Mysore sandalwood, aged black patchouli, carnation, and iris florentina.

Oh, my God(dess)(e)(s), that sounds....oh, my God(dess)(e)(s)....Ummm...I think I'm making a purchase NOW! (OK, OK, when I get my next paycheck...!)

Edited by Medievalmaniac

I think CC Female is extremely sexy, and I always get compliments from both genders when I wear it out. Snake Oil is an obvious choice, although I have had people ask if I'm wearing baby powder or something when I've been wearing it, so maybe it doesn't register the sex-ay to everyone who smells it. Banshee Beat is pretty sexy in a casual, bohemian, gyspy sort of way. Red musk tends to be very sexy, but I personally have a hard time wearing it with my skin chemistry. Other notes that read sexy to me are certain leathers (Red Rider..OMG), deep/rich vanillas, most musks, and ambers/tonkas. You can't go wrong with sweet/creamy + leather + musk, in my book.

Here's a funny one: of all of the scents I have tried so far(probably about twenty five now, including O, Bordello, Spellbound - plenty of the "sexy" scents), DH has said "that's nice." "That's nice." "That one smells good." "yes, I like it." Completely asensual responses, and very uninterested in BPAL and my new obsession with it. The one that got the "wow, what's THAT? Is that one of your BPAL thingies? I'm completely into that scent and by association you right now" response?

EVE.

Men! lmao. But hey - at least we got a live one! Guess he likes apples....?

Am I the only one that finds dragon's blood incredibly sexy? Mainly the darker blends, like Dragon's Heart (which I'd probably consider my signature scent), Dragon's Musk, and Dragon's Hide. Maybe it's just the personal associations I have with it, but it's pure sexuality to me. I feel sexy, confident, and even a little badass when I wear it. And it has gotten positive reactions from the male species!

I can't believe that Bien Loin D'Ici has only been mentioned in this thread once.. to me this scent is something I wouldn't even contemplate wearing outside.. I can wear Smut, or Lust or Sin or Tombeur anywhere, no problem.. but Bien Loin.. hoo booy .. that's for "staying in the house cause I smell like sweet sticky seductive SEX"..

I found it too intense at first, but now I put just a tiny bit, and man.. is this blend awesome.

Am I the only one that finds dragon's blood incredibly sexy? Mainly the darker blends, like Dragon's Heart (which I'd probably consider my signature scent), Dragon's Musk, and Dragon's Hide. Maybe it's just the personal associations I have with it, but it's pure sexuality to me. I feel sexy, confident, and even a little badass when I wear it. And it has gotten positive reactions from the male species!

I LOVE Dragon's Heart and Dragon's Musk.

Add Le Lethe to the list of hellasexy!

I find that pink lace is more of an innocent sexy - the strawberries create a sense of purity but it is still a cousin of black lace which is v. sexy.

Or lolita only for the name - a little innocent but still debauchery-like.

The Infernal Lover (heavy red musk) is my go-to sexy scent. It's a surefire head-turner for me.

Le Léthe comes next. One of my favourite GC blends ever.

I also rate Bordello. I get compliments every single time I wear it, even from strangers.

Lolita and Jailbait are both great for a playful mood. I adore their candy sweetness and how there is a subtle adult twist to each.

Whip is very commanding. Obviously.

I find Perversion extremely sexy on both men and women. I love that stuff ^__^

Smut is gorgeous, no matter if aged or fresh.

I think Miskatonic University is divine on a man. Very seductive and smooth.

Aaaaaand Red Lantern. I wish I had more of this. Just heart-stoppingly, maddeningly sensual :wub2:

"Eat Me" is always a crowd-pleaser :lol:

One scent that I feel is severely underrated is "Ushi" - it's the single-handed sexiest scent around! My absolute favorite!! It is drop-dead gorgeous and just exudes that special something :wub2:

"Crawdad Dream" is a full, juicy-sexy scent. And "Midnight Kiss" is lush, deep, musky sexy! :D

Well those are my recommendations ^.~

According to the boyfriend, Perversion smells like honey and sex. So there's that. :lol:

The Infernal Lover and (of course) Snake Oil are my go-to sexy scents, though, for when I want to feel outright sexy. But must admit, I get a really good response from the boyfriend whenever I wear super foody scents (Beaver'versary, other cakey scents). Those lean more toward the innocent/pseudo-innocent sexy spectrum, though.

I wore Lust the other night and layered it with the Night Raven. I went to see a band and not only did a guy hit on me, but a woman who I don't know kept grabbing my butt! I was definitely surprised.

Tamora actually had a really interesting effect- it's sweet and earthy and musky, like making love covered in mud perfumed with vanilla. I live in a very earthy city, filled with hippies, and when I wear it they always compliment me.

(guys, visit Boulder.)

I'm resurrecting an old thread it appears,but I find this topic fascinating :)

So far,I've had most luck with Snakes in the pumpkin patch and Hellcat,both of which seem to elicit quite a...ahem...physical response from the husband :D

I've also had compliments on Blood Kiss.

I'm resurrecting an old thread it appears,but I find this topic fascinating :)

So far,I've had most luck with Snakes in the pumpkin patch and Hellcat,both of which seem to elicit quite a...ahem...physical response from the husband :D

I've also had compliments on Blood Kiss.

Seconded on Hellcat. It's my signature BPAL and my boyfriend loves it as well.

In addition, O definitely qualifies.

In terms of recent blends, Gingerbread Snake is very sexy imo.

Smut. Definitely. 2011 is my favorite, but they are all yummy.

Aged Snake Oil works for me as well, but it's not as in-your-face sexy as Smut. Is comforting sexy a thing? ;)

I can't believe that Bien Loin D'Ici has only been mentioned in this thread once.. to me this scent is something I wouldn't even contemplate wearing outside.. I can wear Smut, or Lust or Sin or Tombeur anywhere, no problem.. but Bien Loin.. hoo booy .. that's for "staying in the house cause I smell like sweet sticky seductive SEX"..

I found it too intense at first, but now I put just a tiny bit, and man.. is this blend awesome.

This!

When I tried Bien Loin D'Ici from a frimp I thought it was just okay and a bit overpowering. But, woohoo, does it get the guys stirred up. I had the menfolk following me around and even getting a bit inappropriate. So, after that reaction I had to buy a bottle :blush:

Definitely a scent when you want to get noticed!

This!

When I tried Bien Loin D'Ici from a frimp I thought it was just okay and a bit overpowering. But, woohoo, does it get the guys stirred up. I had the menfolk following me around and even getting a bit inappropriate. So, after that reaction I had to buy a bottle :blush:

Definitely a scent when you want to get noticed!

I'll second that. I think Bien Loin D'Ici is the sexiest scent I've tried. Weirdly, I don't even always find that it smells that good. It's just strangely compelling. I can't imagine anyone sniffing you while you were wearing this and saying "My, what a lovely perfume!" But you might have a pack of wild-eyed men following you around, even though they are not sure why they are doing it :lol:

Personally I have to beat men off when I wear Countess Willie (actually had to stop wearing it at work), and the combination of Bordello with The Black Rider is a win too.

Sed Non Satiata is the sexiest scent on me. It's rich dark musk with myrrh, honey, and a little bit of an alcoholic "edge". Dark musk does really good things on my skin and the other notes just make it so sensual.

Oblivion is also rather sexy to/on me. But it's also a reasonable "daytime" scent - and it's sexy in a "butch" way. It has the exact same dark musk as Sed Non Satiata but with woodiness and smooth saffron.

I just received my order today,and I must say that gingerbread snake might be one of the sexiest blends I've ever smelled :eek: I'll have to try this one out for effect on the husband tonight :D

I also got a frimp of The Lion and personally would love to smell that on a man!