Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here

Automatic rec number 1: O. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla. On me, it's a sweet warm scent, but not overly heavy. And it's a scent I've seen recced a lot on the board for being seductive.

For anything else that you might like, I'd want to know more about what notes/scents you like. Because in my experience, what makes a scent sexy is that you personally like it and feel attractive wearing it, and that attitude transmits itself very clearly to all around you. So for me, my all-time "I smell good" scent is Chimera, which is warm and spicy-sweet. Not as classically sexy as some others, but it works well on me.

My "damn... I smell good" scent is Defututa (Olive blossom, honey, smoky vanilla, cinnamon, jasmine, sandalwood, and champaca flower). I get vanilla and jasmine from it myself which is lucky for me since I hate cinnamon.

It's a very light scent but it has good staying power. I personally put it on my hair since I can put it on in the morning and then put my hair into a clip until the evening if I have a date. No need to reapply throughout the day.

As mari4212 wrote, it depends on what notes you like. If you enjoy the way you smell, most likely you'll feel sexy, too. So, what do you like?

To give you a few ideas though:

My favorite sexy scent is Hell's Belle (Sweet, smoky and sensually wicked. A thick, steamy scent, truly sinister in its voluptuous sexuality. The perfume of a demon's favored consort, or of the devil herself. Oleander with wet, sweet mandarin, lush magnolia, a rush of deep musk and a touch of spice.). But then I LOVE magnolia. :lol:

A more subtle and "sophisticated lady" type of scent would be Manhattan (Sexuality, power, confidence. A meeting of modern, sleek elegance and rich, passionate history: sheer amber, black leather, white mint, lemon peel, white tea, grapefruit, kush, teakwood and orchid.).

I'm with you, I don't like those smells much at all!

Do you like things more simple or more complex?

For simple, I really dig Carnal (mandarin and fig), there's just something about the blend that doesn't come across as fruity-fruity-fruity but more "nom nom nom, must eat own wrist"

Recently, for a much more complex scent, I've been getting a fairly sexy-ish vibe off Lady Una (Honey musk, green tea leaf, blackberry leaf, vanilla bean, and fae spices.)

of course, I also think really seasonal, and Carnal was more of a summer thing and Lady Una more of a fall thing (haven't really found one that jives with winter)

Spring, I love last years Shungas, especially Tissue (white gardenia, raw honey, rice paper).

At some point, SOMEBODY is going to have to explain what a headshop is. I have no idea if my reccomendation is headshoppy or not, because I don't know what it is. :(

The Hell Gate of Ireland is amazingly sexy on me, but it is LE. Hunger is also a very sexy scent that I have tried recently (and is GC). :) Hope that helps.

Link to Wikipedia: A head shop is a retail outlet specializing in drug paraphernalia related to cannabis and other recreational drugs, and New Age herbs...

I think of "headshoppy" as a combination of incense, dragon's blood, nag champa, and patchouli.

I once walked into a room wearing the GC scent Sin and was pounced on, sniffed, and told, "You smell sexaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy."

I'm a scent minimalist and so my sexy scent is Voyeurs Amoung The Cherry Blossoms. Cherry Blossom, moss, vanilla musk. Simple but smells like lickable skin to me. Depends on what you personally like and can wear though.

You're so right. I was hesitant to say what I've liked in the past because I'm open to pretty much anything. As long as it's not too heavy. So far my favorite is Bewitched.

Automatic rec number 1: O. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla. On me, it's a sweet warm scent, but not overly heavy. And it's a scent I've seen recced a lot on the board for being seductive.

For anything else that you might like, I'd want to know more about what notes/scents you like. Because in my experience, what makes a scent sexy is that you personally like it and feel attractive wearing it, and that attitude transmits itself very clearly to all around you. So for me, my all-time "I smell good" scent is Chimera, which is warm and spicy-sweet. Not as classically sexy as some others, but it works well on me.

You might try Come to Me..it is just a very faint clean scent that sticks to the skin, and one has to be very close to you to detect it. ; ) You might also want to try Morocco- yummy creamy cookie-type spiciness. Good enough to eat.

Haha! A head shop is a place that sells hippie wears & certain smoking paraphernalia. I don't like patchouli because I associate it with that overpowering incense smell that smacks you as soon as you walk in the door. ;->

At some point, SOMEBODY is going to have to explain what a headshop is. I have no idea if my reccomendation is headshoppy or not, because I don't know what it is. :(

The Hell Gate of Ireland is amazingly sexy on me, but it is LE. Hunger is also a very sexy scent that I have tried recently (and is GC). :) Hope that helps.

You're so right. I was hesitant to say what I've liked in the past because I'm open to pretty much anything. As long as it's not too heavy. So far my favorite is Bewitched.

So, looking at the scent description and the reviews, that one was a more fruity/herbal scent? I would suggest looking through the berries rec thread here.

I'm not seeing a more herbal rec thread, but one I've often heard recced as being somewhat herbal is Aeval: A judicious yet powerfully sensual blend, a mingling of justice and sexuality: sage, sweet pea, bold pale musk and warm tonka. I haven't tried it myself yet, but it's gotten good reviews, and it has the same sage note in it that Bewitched has.

Tonka and Vanilla smell very similar, and both tend to be good sexy/sensuous notes for a lot of people, so you might also look there. And avoiding scents that list patcholi, nag champa, or dragon's blood will probably help you skip the headshop scent.

Liz.

Oh god yes. I'm not a big leather or vanilla or smoke fan at all normally, but Liz just SCREAMMMMMSSSSSSS crazy sexy omg hot to me. Lady in the red dress.

I'm normally a red musk/dragon's blood/RED RED RED RED in general type of girl. So Smut is fantastic for me, and Blood Phoenix. Crypt Queen makes me feel sexy in a weird kind of way.

The scent that makes me feel "OMG sexxAy" is Spellbound. But I have to second Liz, because every time I wear it, I get a compliment from the b/f...

I've gotten recent unsolicited but very flattering :twisted: compliments on Shub and Miller vs. California.

I have to admit, even I noticed they smelled particularly amazing.

I'm kind of new, but I got a ton of scents this month that I've been trying, and I found that Whip, Blood Countess, and Bastet are amazingly sexy on me. I don't even like rose (in whip) and I was NOT expecting Blood Countess to be remotely sexy.

I bought Snake Oil, O, and a few other popular "sexy" scents, and they just smelled kind of warm and comforting on me.

I REALLY want to try Liz. I think BPAL's leather note really makes a scent scream sex, especially when paired with more feminine notes :blush: I am definitely going to look at the "leather" recommendations thread!

I'm pretty sure Bordello was almost single-handedly responsible for several people telling me I was their soulmate last night. One guy who I didn't know grabbed my arm at the bar and was like, "you smell SO. GOOD." And another guy who I kind of know kept hugging me so he could smell me. I was feeling sorta eh about it, but apparently it turns teh boyz on so maybe I'll get a bottle.

I have my a special section of "sexy" Bpal's on my dresser. This grouping consists of:

Mme. Moriarty

Haloes

Tombeur

Snake Charmer Res.

Anathema

Saint Foutin De Varailles

Smut 2010

Crypt Queen

Gothabilly

Lamia

Josie

All of these things have garned compliments and OCD sniffing of me from boys.

Edited by Duskinhereyes

smut sounds nice haha where can i find it?

Smut is a limited edition, sometimes released with the Lupercalia's in January/February.

I'm sure if you put an ISO up you can find some :)