Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here

My fave sexy scents at the moment are Sin, Mme. Moriarty, Voodoo Queen, Snake Charmer and Jingo Kogo. :thud: With an honorable mention to Morocco just cause it's Morocco.

My fave sexy scents at the moment are Sin, Mme. Moriarty, Voodoo Queen, Snake Charmer and Jingo Kogo. :thud: With an honorable mention to Morocco just cause it's Morocco.

Dearie, your taste is excellently expensive. :P

But I have to agree with it.

Morocco is a great sexy blend in the GC that doesn't break the bank. At all.

I feel Dorian is in the same capacity.

Recently, I've been reevaluating my scents and I've found that none of them really carry the whole "I've been there, done that, and I'm so so bored; but if you can catch my attention--but don't count on that, chum--I'll give you the ride of your life" appeal. It's really interesting what kind of impressions a single scent can bring, but a lot of sexy scents are somewhere between pleasantly inviting to downright dangerous-smelling (cuddle or cougar). I wonder what kind of scents you guys think scream 'ice queen with a past' or 'I dare you to try to make yourself interesting to me' because I think a challenge is always damn sexy.

Currently, my "sexy" scents are Inez (almost 5 months old, better than new!), Snake Charmer, and O. I'm going to have to run through this thread and get some new ones to try!

Every time I wear Snake Oil and walk into Trader Joe's, I get stopped by people, mostly men. For the second week in a row, a male worker came up to me and said "I just had to tell you..you smell great". And it's not a pick up line since he was about 25 and I am 52. Yet, I can wear it to work and my female friends don't seem to notice it. Does anyone else get this reaction?

I notice you have Khrysee on today, I had this reaction with Khrysee and it smells similar in the drydown (on me) to snake oil, only better :)

I agree that Snake Oil (and some of the Snakes from the pit) is a boy favorite...but I do get compliments on it from women, too. It's interesting though, most women who compliment it interpret the scent as "vanilla," while men don't seem to recognize the vanilla so much as the "sexaaayyy." Maybe women are better at picking out individual notes?

I don't think women are instinctively, naturally better at picking out notes, it's probably just that (in general) they're more familiar with scents from all the lotion/candles/bubble bath they've been exposed to their whole lives. Like walking into a paint store, a typical man might say "I need a sort of off-white," while a typical woman might say "I need something between eggshell and ivory, but not too much like ecru." It's not that men don't know smells (or colors), it's just that women more often know and care about the names.

Though I got into a car with way too much Dragon's Milk on one day and my dad was like "do you smell vanilla?" immediately. I was impressed. I don't think he knows what dragon's blood resin is, but he picked out the vanilla. lol.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: The Lion and Morocco seem to turn heads/inspire conversation. I've never had a stranger say "Holy crap, you smell great," or anything, but I feel like dusky, spicy, exotic scents like that (and Snake Oil) seem to be particularly attractive to men. Perhaps just because they're stronger than, say, a light floral. Or more unusual.

I don't think women are instinctively, naturally better at picking out notes, it's probably just that (in general) they're more familiar with scents from all the lotion/candles/bubble bath they've been exposed to their whole lives. Like walking into a paint store, a typical man might say "I need a sort of off-white," while a typical woman might say "I need something between eggshell and ivory, but not too much like ecru." It's not that men don't know smells (or colors), it's just that women more often know and care about the names.

I read a report of a study recently that showed that women are better at detecting smells. Not sure if it said anything about picking out specific notes, though.

Midnight Kiss is deliciously sexy and gothic; it's like a feminine counterpart to Dracul/Count Dracula (though it smells nothing like either of these oils).

Edited by joseybird

Women have to be better at smelling, in general. Men have historically been of a "hey, whatever I can get" mind, while women have had to be selective. There's been a higher investment on womens part (babies and the years of care that they require), and scent plays a large role in determining whether or not someone is "suitable" to procreate with. Also, google some studies on scent identification between humans. Woman definitely have an advantage (in general) over men. I am sure there are exceptions within both groups, though. I know a lot of women who couldn't smell a dead rat in their furnace, and men who are constantly commenting on the way things around them "smell". :lol:

And back to topic, my sexified oil of choice is Black Lace. Nom.... Aged Snake Oil takes a close second. :yum:

Edited by Indig0

My current sexy scent from those I have tried is Blood. Damn, it makes me feel sexy!

I am vaguely remembering that someone said that one of the perfumes smelled like, ahem, lady musk. Was that O or Snake Oil? Does anyone remember that random factoid?

I am vaguely remembering that someone said that one of the perfumes smelled like, ahem, lady musk. Was that O or Snake Oil? Does anyone remember that random factoid?

O has that reputation, as do some of the other honey-containing blends.

That would be O. I've heard that said of a lot of the honey blends--I think Sed Non Satiata is another common culprit.

ETA: Jinx, Apple!

Edited by paperrose

That would be O. I've heard that said of a lot of the honey blends--I think Sed Non Satiata is another common culprit.

ETA: Jinx, Apple!

Heeheehee! :lol:

I got serious "lady musk" from Skuld. Even more so than O. I think it's the combination of honey and ylang, but I would not feel comfortable wearing it out of the house!

Hmmm, I seldom get compliments from men about specific scents-it's more a recognition of "you smell good". But from women, the one that gets compliments most often is Defututa. I wear O also, and I think they're both sexy. So when I'm going to be romancing, I go for one of these.

To me, Defututa is flowers added to O.

I don't really feel like I own any drop-dead sexy blends.. Dorian is close, but it's more haughty and refined, while I want something tousled and sensual. Snake Oil was bad, O just.. smelled like powder. I hate patchouli, boozey notes, and red musk, which seem to be in most of the popular "sexy" BPAL blends. Anyone have any suggestions on something sexxxay that I could try? It could be GC or LE, doesn't matter. I'm a foody lover, some of my favorite notes are vanilla, light musks (skin, white), carnation, beeswax.. Any suggestions would be appreciated! :D

Hi! Hm, light musk & vanilla -- have you tried Lady Una yet? It's totally awesome! Also Lyonesse. And Defututa. I've seen some people mention they can rock Mouse's Long & Sad Tale, though it doesn't end up sexy on me personally. For carnation, lots of people like Morocco. If you liked Dorian, have you tried Antikythera Mechanism or Haloes? For foodiness, you might try Shub Niggurath.

The husband person is fond of Queen of Sheba, which may be evidence of a pastry fetish, but it is fairly light and does not contain the above-mentioned "sexy" notes.

I don't really feel like I own any drop-dead sexy blends.. Dorian is close, but it's more haughty and refined, while I want something tousled and sensual. Snake Oil was bad, O just.. smelled like powder. I hate patchouli, boozey notes, and red musk, which seem to be in most of the popular "sexy" BPAL blends. Anyone have any suggestions on something sexxxay that I could try? It could be GC or LE, doesn't matter. I'm a foody lover, some of my favorite notes are vanilla, light musks (skin, white), carnation, beeswax.. Any suggestions would be appreciated! :D

I also hate red musk, had no luck with Snake Oil, and found O to be powdery. Have you tried Bastet? It's sweet, spicy, and sensual, and some find it borderline foody:

Bastet
(Excolo) - Luxuriant amber, warm Egyptian musk, fierce saffron and soft myrrh, almond, cardamom and golden lotus.

I would put Morocco and Western Diamondback in the same category:

Morocco
(Wanderlust) - The intoxicating perfume of exotic incenses wafting on warm desert breezes. Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

Western Diamondback
(Carnaval Diabolique) - Snake Oil with leather, tonka bean, red sandalwood, and sage.

I don't find the
Snake Oil
to be prominent in this one. On me, it's mostly a spiced vanilla leather.

And since you like vanilla, musk, and carnation, what about Inez?

Inez
(Carnaval Diabolique) - Golden amber, vanilla musk, myrrh, cedar, carnation, and red sandalwood.

You might also like:

Blood Kiss
(Bewitching Brews) - Lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk.

Hellcat
(Diabolus) - A soft, sensual, luxuriant blend with a wicked bite: hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond.

Horreur Sympathique
(Diabolus) - The perfume of a hellbound soul, gleefully lost to iniquity: blood musk, golden honey, thick black wine, champagne grapes, tobacco flower, plum blossom, tonka bean, oakmoss, carnation, benzoin, opoponax, and sugar cane.

Giant Vulva sounds like its for you! Maybe Hetairae too =) I like a lot of the skin musk scents for this, because I dont tend to like the darker ones either

GV - Skin musk, sugar cane, honey, beeswax, vanilla flower, and copal.

Het - golden honey, fiery patchouli, sweet fig and clove, and a blushing touch of ylang ylang (I dont get Patchouli btw, but ymmv)

Edited by CaudaPavonis

I second both Defututa and Blood kiss... they are my sexxayy scents ;) Defututa smells like post sex with a cigarette (but not smoky) and blood kiss is just husky we're-on-the-floor-right-now kind of scent.