Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here

my ex LOOOOOOOOVED Snake Oil. he couldn't stop sniffing that bit between my neck and my ear. mmmm...

He also loved Snow White but Snake Oil took the cake. I always found SO a little too heavy and sweet. but anyways... there you go. :P

Scents that make me feel sexy? mmmm... Xiuhtecuhtli did that to me for a while. The latest one I had a properly sexual reaction to was Phobos, but that's because I imagined the skin of a deadly sexy man. um... still looking for *the one*.

I love the smell of Hellcat (smells sooo yummy), though i still need to get my girl to try it on to see if it works on her.

I plan on Getting imps of Dorian, Snake oil and O, try them out and see which ones she like best. I know she likes vanilla and amber, so if it works on me, I think I may be ravaged while trying out O, though of course that's the idea :P

Any suggestions on what to get for her? I need to find something for her to wear.

I love the smell of Hellcat (smells sooo yummy), though i still need to get my girl to try it on to see if it works on her.

I plan on Getting imps of Dorian, Snake oil and O, try them out and see which ones she like best. I know she likes vanilla and amber, so if it works on me, I think I may be ravaged while trying out O, though of course that's the idea :P

Any suggestions on what to get for her? I need to find something for her to wear.

If she really likes amber and it's all about the ravaging, Bastet for sure.

If she really likes amber and it's all about the ravaging, Bastet for sure.

Thanks, i'll have to check that one out.

I've always get compliments when wearing O, but when I layer it with Love Me, I really get attention. Definitely not for wearing at work, but there are other places where it is very suitable. :P

The funny thing is that Love Me on it's own on me, doesn't smell particulary nice at all.

Mr. Tamerlane swings wildly between spicy and flowery scents, though I think he prefers more spice. He likes Poisson d'Avril a whole lot but LOVES LOVES LOVES Chimera on me. I've just ordered some Sin and Snake Oil to see if they have similar results. I'm also going to give Blood Rose a go since that sounds nice. Can anyone recommend combination spicy/flowery scents?

Alternately, Danube seems to be a man REPELLENT lol! I like it, but the first time I wore it he jerked away from me and said I smelled like "evil soap". I asked a few male friends to sniff it and they had pretty similar reactions.

Penumbra, it's dark, a little fruity and I get compliments on it.

Glowing Vulva goes perfectly with my chemistry, and it smells sweet and creamy yet sophisticated. It's one of the things I put on when I want to feel sexy.

Black lace is very pretty and sophisticated, but rather ladylike, until I layer it with Buck Moon, which gives it a gentle boost of sweetness and muskyness. The last time I went out with that combo on, I got a lot of attention.

I went to the Improv in Brea and I wore Hellion with a dab of Clemence in ye ol' bewb crevice, and my DH was all over me... where he's usually the guy that's lagging 10 feet behind me when we walk. He's a lallygagger. So yeah, he was holding my hand and snuggling my neck..

Made me feel hawt.. :P

Mr. Tamerlane swings wildly between spicy and flowery scents, though I think he prefers more spice. He likes Poisson d'Avril a whole lot but LOVES LOVES LOVES Chimera on me. I've just ordered some Sin and Snake Oil to see if they have similar results. I'm also going to give Blood Rose a go since that sounds nice. Can anyone recommend combination spicy/flowery scents?

Alternately, Danube seems to be a man REPELLENT lol! I like it, but the first time I wore it he jerked away from me and said I smelled like "evil soap". I asked a few male friends to sniff it and they had pretty similar reactions.

If he likes Chimera, he'll probably go head over heels for Bengal. Creamy skin musk and honey with a really beautiful bouquet of spices. Not particularly floral--it's more like Chimera on a bender. A few more traditionally floral/spicy:

Lady of Shalott: It has aquatic notes and those might be the problem you're having with Danube. But if you come across an imp, definitely give it a try, because it's a gorgeous soft white floral spiked with a bit of ginger and aquatics.

Hi'iaka: Sort of soft, tropical blooms scent. Also spiced with ginger. Moon flower, to my nose, is almost like white musk--like a much softer, sweeter white musk-style scent. Very soft, pretty and a bit spicy.

Mama Ji: You might want to hunt down a decant first, but this is probably one of the favourites on the forums for spicy flowers.

Belle Epoque: Lily of the Valley smoothed out with vanilla and mandarin with spicy opium and sandalwood.

Snake Oil, Bordello, Hunger and Kali seem to always work on my husband.

On him, I LOOOOOOVE Brom Bones. Like, whoa. Dracul, Hellfire, DeSade and Havana are great too.

I am definitely looking for some sexy scents right now. So far I have fallen in love with Robotic Scarab (my warm comforting scent), White Phoenix (My sweet peaceful scent), and Phantom Queen (my I feel pretty scent). Now I really just need a sexy, provocative scent.

So, my boyfriend loves foody scents, but to me, they aren't very..... seductive. I would love to find something that the both of us like. I have tried Love Me and it didn't agree with me. I have Scherezade and it smells good, but just isn't sexy enough. Oh, and O smelled horrible on me!

Anyways, some suggestions would be wonderful! Thanks!!

Edited by Catseyes

Having recently discovered it's almost magical properties, I am going to recommend Perversion. Just try it.

I am definitely looking for some sexy scents right now. So far I have fallen in love with Robotic Scarab (my warm comforting scent), White Phoenix (My sweet peaceful scent), and Phantom Queen (my I feel pretty scent). Now I really just need a sexy, provocative scent.

So, my boyfriend loves foody scents, but to me, they aren't very..... seductive. I would love to find something that the both of us like. I have tried Love Me and it didn't agree with me. I have Scherezade and it smells good, but just isn't sexy enough. Oh, and O smelled horrible on me!

Bastet (luxuriant amber, warm Egyptian musk, fierce saffron and soft myrrh, almond, cardamom and golden lotus) is a gorgeously sexy scent that isn't really foody, but sort of borders on it. It's a sweet and spicy skin scent, warm and sensual and inviting. I can't say enough good things about it. :D Just make sure you let it dry thoroughly... it smells a little weird when wet (almost like Juicy Fruit gum, which is not at all how it smells when dry).

Western Diamondback (Snake Oil with leather, tonka bean, red sandalwood, and sage) is another sexy, almost-foody scent. I think it's a little more overt and forward than Bastet due to the leather and its greater throw, but it's still a sweet, yummy skin scent. :P

I didn't have any luck with straight-up Snake Oil (a blend of exotic Indonesian oils sugared with vanilla) or Boomslang (Snake Oil with cocoa, teakwood, and rice milk), but a lot of people find these borderline foody and also very sexy. They didn't agree with me because I don't like red musk, but if you can wear Scherezade, you should be able to rock these, too.

I'd also recommend Blood Kiss (lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk) as a sexy scent that has foody elements without actually smelling like food. On me, the cherries are sweet and quite prominent, but the vetiver and wine and clove darken and spice the blend, giving it some edginess and complexity.

Have fun experimenting! :D

Eat Me is a good mix for people that aren't into overly foody scents but still want a musky sexy scent - I *always* get compliments and attention when I wear it. I also gets tons of compliments on Black Lace (the vanilla makes it toe the foody line) and Smut - you'll have to find some sniffies or testers and see what you think :P Good Luck!

Hetairae is my newest sexy comforting love: golden honey, fiery patchouli, sweet fig and clove, and a blushing touch of ylang ylang.

It is so creamy, sexy, deep honey with a bit of spice and floral. Where has she been all my life? :P Lasts all night but wears close to the skin. Slather, slather!!!!

Oooh! I think those all sound good. So, I believe that I have already tried Blood Kiss and there was something in it that didn't agree with me. I also have tried Smut '08 as well and the same thing happened. I can't remember exactly what either one smelled like on me, but it smelled awful enough for me to add them to my do not like list. Do the Smuts vary by year? Or they always the same? Maybe a different one would smell better. Oh, and Western Diamondback smelled like intense fake leather on me. I do like leather, but this one went horribly wrong on me.

Kinda silly... I actually have a decant of Boomslang that I have sniffed, but never actually tried...

So, need to try Perversion, Hetairae, Eat Me, Black Lace (almost afraid to try this one as it is so hard to find), Bastet, and Snake Oil.

Are there any others out there? Oh, and for those of you who have tried White Phoenix (my ultimate favorite!), I was wondering if there was a warmer/sexier version of it. The notes in White Phoenix managed to work wonders with my skin chemistry (that seems really out of whack often).

Edited by Catseyes

...Oh, and for those of you who have tried White Phoenix (my ultimate favorite!), I was wondering if there was a warmer/sexier version of it. The notes in White Phoenix managed to work wonders with my skin chemistry (that seems really out of whack often).

I am really fond of White Phoenix too. When I saw your question, at first I was thinking that there probably isn't anything that's even very similar - it's a unique combination of notes (they are frangipani, magnolia, cotton flower, osmanthus, crystal musk, ambrette, white orchid, sugar cane, davana, white sandalwood, petitgrain, lavender, and lotus root). But I did a little poking around w/ the search engines and it got me thinking of a few things that you might want to try. I didn't run to my BPAL box to sniff and compare, and of course your skin is the ultimate judge!

Dark Delicacies, the original exclusive blend the Lab did for the DD store, has some of those heady tropical flowers with a sweet base like White Phoenix, but it's much darker and smokier. (the notes are devil's trumpet accord, black orchid, tonka, coconut meat, fruit gums, osmanthus, smoky resin, myrtle, and Indonesian patchouli.)

Eshe, from CD, is another blend that I get a lot of heady white flowers from at first but over something darker and sexier than White Phoenix (embalming herbs, black myrrh, white sandalwood, black orchid, paperwhites, tomb dust, and Moroccan jasmine).

Hetairae is my newest sexy comforting love: golden honey, fiery patchouli, sweet fig and clove, and a blushing touch of ylang ylang.

It is so creamy, sexy, deep honey with a bit of spice and floral. Where has she been all my life? :P Lasts all night but wears close to the skin. Slather, slather!!!!

My love for Hetairae knows no bounds! And I agree, it is one of the sexiest scents in the whole catalog. Although I can't slather it, it seems to have a ton of notes that I amp.

I so wanted to love Hetairae, but the ylang-ylang just killed it for me. My skin does bad, bad things to flowers. :P

Reading the notes in White Phoenix, I quickly realized I was out of my depth in terms of recommendations: I've never tried it, and I can't even begin to imagine what all those florals would smell like... but I'm betting it would be totally unwearable on me. So keep that in mind and take these recommendations with a few grains of salt:

Hell's Belle (Diabolus) - Oleander with wet, sweet mandarin, lush magnolia, a rush of deep musk and a touch of spice.

House of Night (Ars Moriendi) - A sorrowful graveyard bouquet of somber blooms, funereal boughs, dismal green and laden with grief.

These both struck me as "humid" white florals with a sultry, almost creamy, quality. Could be seductive if you go more for florals than for resins or foody scents.

I've had some good reactions to Hellcat from my fiance, which isn't so surprising, but the one that really gets him, bizarrely enough, is Mouse's Long and Sad Tale! He's not really one to go nuts for a scent, and he's hated vanilla as long as I can remember due to his sister's overuse of Vanilla Fields and such, so I was floored when the Mouse got such a response! He's been happily huffing me while I'm wearing Snake Oil too lately! :D I'm hellbent on getting him over this unnatural vanilla aversion by wearing lots of *good* vanilla, and it's working! My next order will include bottles of Snake Charmer, Snake Oil, and if he's very good, Mouse's Long and Sad Tale. :D

Oh and on the flipside, I've discovered Dee is a completely jump-his-bones-ROWR scent on a guy, and a big bottle of that will be joining us too! :P

I think that saw-scaled viper is super sexy nice and spicey I like how it tingles a little when I put it on!

I also love I married a vampire from planet x and perversion sexy.

I think that saw-scaled viper is super sexy nice and spicey I like how it tingles a little when I put it on!

I also love I married a vampire from planet x and perversion sexy.

That's funny! I have just recently fallen in love with I Married a Vampire from Planet X!! I don't think it will every be my sexy scent though, as it really reminds me of my childhood. It smells very similar to this solid perfume my grandmother had. Well, I think she still has it! Definitely a wonderful scent though!!

So, experimenting with scents that my boy really seems to be attracted to and it seems that his favorites are Glowing Vulva (hee hee!) and White Rose. Both because they have a creamy almost vanilla scent to them.

I guess what would be good now is a floral/foody scent that would be a compromise between both our likes.

Oh, definitely have to get a hold of Dark Delicacies now! Mmmmm! Black orchid! Well, only my boy really doesn't like any of the florals I love.... *sigh*

Also, for anyone looking for a drop dead sexy guy scent.... I would recommend that you go find Wild Men of Jezirat al Tennyn. Oh, my!! Every time I get a whiff of this one on my guy... :twisted: Wow!! Dee is good too!!

Also, for anyone looking for a drop dead sexy guy scent.... I would recommend that you go find Wild Men of Jezirat al Tennyn. Oh, my!! Every time I get a whiff of this one on my guy... :twisted: Wow!! Dee is good too!!

I'd like to say HELL YES on both of these! I love Wild Men on guys and girls, including my feminine (har) self, but I looooooooooooove it on the fiance! He's also gotten some great responses to it. :D And Dee . . . I've got two bottles of Wild Men for the two of us - we'll see how far gone they are when the Carnival is up - but I think I might have to get a bottle to follow up on zee imp of Dee, too. 'cause RAWR.