Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Sexy, Smutty, Seductive, Provocative... It's All in Here

just wore Sacred Whore of Babylon tonight for the first time :P and you ordered well with this, New Orleans, Whip and Black Dahlia!

This is my current favorite oil...I am in love!

Snake Oil... mix a drop or two of it with some almond oil, and apply it to damp skin (straight out of the shower or bath) as a sort of body lotion. your skin will smell subtly of vanila and some spice, all over. that's sensual.

Another totally sexy blend is Xiuhtecuhtli, a subtle glow kind of scent. terrifically pretty, not at all an overtly "I want to f*** your brains out" kind of perfume. it's more a gentle kind of "come hither, I want to caress you" smell. laid back, like a woman very comfortable in her own skin and senses.

Okay, this thread is a month old, but I feel the need to bump it.

It seems that Sybaris has the "pouncing" reaction from the boyfriend. I've worn it a few times around him, and those day are inveitably the times when he insists on taking me home from school (which inveitably gets drawn out into much more than just just him driving me home). Even the days when he says he's got too much homework or something and can't do anything after school is done, Sybaris tends to sway him (like today...). :P

Queen does it too, but Sybaris seems to get a much stronger reaction.

Sacred Whore of Babylon.

I should have expected it, right?

only I sniffed on the imp (lid on) and thought UUURGGH! LADYBITS!

but not being one to turn a smell away on just a sniff I tried to get the lid off for a better smell.

the lid came off, the imp flew, and I was covered in Whore.

PANIC!

OH NO I'LL SMELL OF LADYBITS FOREVER!

adn then the other smells came through and battered the musk into submission.

and then I really liked it.

and then my boyfriend came round, and I didn't get a moments rest.

Lushes Tramp showergel makes me into the pouncer, rather than the pouncee.

in future I'll be more careful with imps and whores.

I had to add to this month-old thread too. Villain, when on my fiancé, makes me completely wacky. I bought him a 10ml because I LOVE the way it smells on him. It's weird how lavendar on a guy can be such a turn-on. :P

i normally wear the lighter milkey, vanillary scents such as dragon's milk, dana o'shee and o to work. one colleague always tells me i smell gorgeous! but he is the only one lol

i normally wear the lighter milkey, vanillary scents such as dragon's milk, dana o'shee and o to work. one colleague always tells me i smell gorgeous! but he is the only one lol

My boyf likes Dana O'Shee on me. He actually said 'Wow, that's nice!' yesterday, which is shocking as he is usually indifferent to perfume.

I hate to be so unoriginal, but while he indulges my Bpal experimentations, the only ones that have prompted an unsolicited "you smell good!" are Snake Oil and Dragon's Milk.

After I had been wearing it for weeks, DH finally noticed Bastet. Mmmmm, you smell sooooo gooood... pounce.

He also said Amsterdam was lovely.

I had a guy tell me that Sacred Whore smells good.

Of course, he's a gardener, so he'd think florals are good.

I've been wearing Chaste Moon to bed and my husband actually sniff-sniff-sniffs all close to my skin in the morning. Like some of the other posts here, my husband's sense of smell is greatly diminished by his allergy to our obsession- my 11 year-old kitty, Ivy -so it really is remarkable that he noticed it without any prompt at all. I havn't tried anything on him yet, I hope he'll let me put something on him! Suggestions?

Scherezade, Imp, and Lust definitely illicit playful reactions when I smell myself, which is good for the husband! :P

Slightly off-topic: I wore Morocco+Scherezade to work (Sephora) the other day, and one of the girls came up to me and asked, "why does it smell like incence in here?" I said, "its ME." and she seemed bummed about it. I was totally offended! Now I feel like I shouldn't wear my favorite perfume to work! :D whatever.

Edited by pink.owl

My boyfriend has a smell vocabulary of two things: soap and alcohol.

(Sometimes there is a not soap or alcohol..so he has 3 smells on technicality).

Needless to say he finds the whole BPAL thing very silly.

I finally found the one that elicits an amorous response from my boyfriend... Tarot: Temperance. Needless to say, I'm getting a bigger bottle of this stuff! I love having a secret weapon! :P

I finally found the one that elicits an amorous response from my boyfriend... Tarot: Temperance.  Needless to say, I'm getting a bigger bottle of this stuff!  I love having a secret weapon!  :D

And it's neat that it's Temperance of all things... isn't that usually related to restraint?

Anyway, to keep this on topic, my guy is very supportive/appreciative of my BPAL obsession. He'll usually sniff my wrists, ask me what I'm wearing (if he doesn't already recognize it), and apparently finds a large percentage of the scent catalog pounce-worthy! I think the last scent that really sparked his interest was Dublin. While it's one of my favorites, I wouldn't call it sexy, so it was a pleasant surprise.

I can't wait until Sin and Red Devil arrive! :P

I know! Temperance of all things!!! :D The funny thing is that I can hardly smell it on me - I think it's one of those second skin type scents on me, but he can smell it and adores it. :D I think it's sort of like me, only better. :P

I think that F'54 is the sexiest thing when I put it on and I want to jump my boyfriend when I'm wearing it.

But he loves to jump me when I'm wearing Come To Me, so much so I've bought a bottle of it, he likes me to smell clean (so he can dirty me up?).

I really need to try Blood Rose though. (adds to sexy imp wishlist, along with Whip)

OK, I told myself I was not going to order any more BPAL for a while, but I am going to visit a friend later this summer and I am thinking of getting a bottle of something uber sexy for the trip. I have Perversion, but I don't think it's quite the right scent to bring, I have F54 but I refuse to travel with even an imp of that (especially after spilling so much of it on my duvet a while back). I am leaning toward maybe Brisingamen or Wanda or O... but I am open to suggestions. Any votes? Or other suggestions? I'd like it to be one of the Love Potions family, just cause.

Of the Love Potions that I have tried, Snake Oil and Spellbound are uber-sexy. If you want something a little more restrained, or don't like musky or incensey scents, may I recommend La Petite Mort, Seraglio or Wanton (the patchouli in this is not overtly head-shoppy).

There are others in this category that I like (Maiden, Muse, Nefertiti) but I don't think that they fit your requirements.

I would suggest O or Seraglio. Both are tremendously sexy and what I find myself reaching for when I want a sexy fix :P

O! It makes me feel really sexy, and that's when the sexiest magic happens. :P

Also, the joy of layering! Snake Oil + Perversion is a deadly sexy combination, in my opinion. O and Mata Hari are unstoppable together too. :D

Whip is yummy too! :D