Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Apple Blossom

If you've ever been in an orchard in springtime, you'll know that this really is what an apple blossom smells like. Nearly perfect duplicate.

I say nearly perfect, because it's much stronger than any apple blossom I've been around. I always have to bury my nose in the petals to get the fleeting scent, and that's certainly not needed with this single note. I have no qualms about being able to smell something so luscious, though.

This gorgeous apple blossom smell is very, very *green* to my nose. It has a lot of stem, stamen, pistil, etc. as well as petals to it. It IS a vastly stronger apple blossom scent than you can get even standing in an apple orchard, which is fine by me cause I can never get enough of the smell. I would still love for BPAL to do a single note of Apple, because this is very precisely flower on the tree, not at all fruit. It's crisp and yummy and wonderful. It got *rave* reviews from my bf when I wore it to bed last night. In fact, he was an uncontrollable fool for it. :P So apple blossom may have some properties we should test further...

sweet sweet pollen, apple nectar, sweet but not overwhelming, never nauseating.

I love it. It's like a memory of your favorite sugar candy as a child, irresistable and comforting. Definetly a keeper. :P

Yum! This one doesn't come across as sugar sweet to me, but it is definitely a sweet floral. It almost reminds me of a lighter, green lilac type of scent--if that makes any sense at all. It reminds me of the flowering trees my grandmother had in her yard, and I can definitely see now where this note fits into Phantom Queen. Lovely stuff.

Apple Blossom

This is apple blossoms, but also all the greenery. It's sweet and green and fresh.

at first: a fresh, light, powdery scent. very nice.

on: very pretty. a lotght, not-quite-sweet floral.

1.5 hours later: still nice, but not as pretty.

3 hours later: stronger, almost warm, like flowers that have been sitting in a smell, hot room all day.

overall: ok, but not great. i ended up giving away my imp.

In bottle: Pretty spring floral; reminds me somewhat of honeysuckle.

On me: I remember going to apple orchards as a child, and the scent of the blossoms was always very light and subtle. Intensified as it is in this perfume, I find it cloying and overwhelming.

holy heck batman, that there is some strong apple blossom, yes it smells quite like the real thing only magnified abt 100 fold whew it is a strong one

this is just lovely and because I only have one little imp, it prompted me to order 5ml of eve today - I already have 5ml of brisingamen on order.

lovely. wish I could still get this.

In every blend I've tried that contains apple blossom, it turns overwhelmingly into powder and generally makes the blend not work for me -- now I know the scent for sure, and while it is very true to nature I know that apple blossom does not agree with me. Dusty pollen and the slightly bitter sweetness of apples -- the powdery smell turns it to sort of a bathroom spray scent, which happens with most florals for me, even (sometimes) my beloved lilac. It was nice to get to try it and find out what it smells like on its own.

This one is really weird on my skin.

It's a light floral with a hint of fruit and a woody bottom line.

All at the same time!

I don't know what to think bout this one.

Rating (on skin): 3/5

Summarised in a word or two: Apple!

In the imp/bottle: Bright and floral apple blossom.

On skin, wet: I know this is a single note of apple blossom, but it kind of smells spicy, as in spiced apple.

On skin, dry: This dries down into -- what else? -- a sweet apple blossom. The spiciness is gone, leaving a faint, warm apple blossom.

Conclusion: Too sweet for me (apple blossom notes not turning out well on my skin anyhow), but quite pretty overall.

Edited by Aredhel

Bottle (Imp): Smells like, apple-y flowers. Heh.

Just On: Flowers.

An hour or two later: Well, apple-y flowers it is. Nice, not soapy, pleasant scent.

Around 6 hours: Starting to fade, but still nice flowers.

12 hours: The apple blossoms have fallen and faded.

Overall: A very pleasant scent, and I like it.

After reading other reviews: I didn't get nearly the strength of it that others did.

Apple Blossom - from the Single Note swap circle.

I've never been in an apple orchard, so have nothing to compare this to... :P

In the bottle: A sweet, fresh floral plus a hint of alcohol - like a white wine.

On me: Wow! Strong, sweet, slightly green floral. Kind of a soapy undertone right now. This is one ultrastrong note. Kind of smells like air freshener.

Drydown: It's getting greener as it dries, and sharper. I guess I thought apple blossom would have a hint of apple, but nope. Not at all. This is a spring or summer note. :D

I would certainly wear oils that have this note in it, but it would need to be moderated and "toned down" in the blend.

Apple Blossom goes on me as sort of a generic white floral. But it's not a "pretty" one on me; it's kind of sharp. I suppose there is some greenness to it. But I can't pick out anything overly subtle or interesting. Not BAD, just a "meh."

This scent is extremely white. Maybe a little bit of green, but mostly white. It's fresh and soft and brings to mind young flower buds in early spring. On my skin it gets a little bit of lily-like soapiness, but stays the same otherwise.

119705176.jpg

BPAL blends which include apple blossom single note as one of it's ingredients:

Baobhan Sith, Brisinghamen, Eve, Mabon, Phantom Queen.

In the bottle

OMG so pretty and so real of course. Just like the poster above said.

On

Sweet, floral and crisp. A very delicate floral. It does remind me of honeysuckle also, but in an apple-y way. :P

30 minutes

I didn't think this would but Apple Blossom has good lasting power.

Hasn't morphed at all all the way to the dry stage.

Throw:

Actually yes this has some decent throw.

Scent category:

Floral

Summary

This is just absolutely gorgeous. It's almost like a cross between mimosa blossoms and honeysuckle but a bit greener, lighter and crisper. I've smelled this in some blend and I'm trying to place which blend it was. The Lovers? Eve? Fae maybe? I'm not sure.

I'm not a floral person typically but boy this floral just rocks all corners.

It is like you're wandering through apple blossoms on a spring day.

Purchase again?

Yes. a 5ml...in an alternate universe.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

SN Apple Blossom:

This scent reminds me of Prague or Phantom Queen.. it's that crisp apple smell that I get in both, and I love it so, so much.

In the vial, this oil is a sweet floral with an undercurrent of mild greenness. It is reminiscent of a perfume I remember from my childhood, maybe something my mother or grandmother owned, but didn't actually wear. On, I definitely recognize this as a note present in some of the blends I have tried. It is very strongly floral during the drydown phase. Once drydown is complete, it turns a bit greener, somewhat lighter and sweeter, and the tiniest bit soapy.

I don't think that I've ever been able to pick out this singlenote in any of the blends that I've tried.

I was surprised that this one was so strong and had so much throw, I was expecting a more whispy/delicate floral.

That said, I actually sort of like this. It smells almost waxy and crisp. Slightly green, slightly wet, and slightly sunny.

I don't know if I'd ever wear this one that much, with my dislike for florals, but I'll keep my imp around. I enjoy the singlenote florals a lot more than I've enjoyed most of the floral blends.

Oh my, this is just gorgeous. Light springtime floral. A gentle fruity touch at the beginning with a hint of powder and a hint of greenness. Overall just a lovely floral, almost like hyacinth might be. So fresh and wonderful.

First sniff: I don’t know why I’m surprised that this is so flowery. It is, after all, the flower of an apple tree. (Yup, that’s me, Master of the Obvious.)

Wearing: Slightly sweet, fresh green floral… and ever so slightly soapy. I keep expecting to smell apple, but it just isn’t here. (That's not a complaint - that's a reflection of how off-base my expectations are. Apple blossoms apparently don't smell like apples!)

Edited by Shollin

I don't think I've been in an apple orchard, at least knowingly, so this might be a bit difficult to review. Upon application, this smells cold, clear air, but with an edge to it breathing, almost like a frosty mint (not menthol, though). It's very interesting, although I'm not particularly fond of this stage.

After a while, it gets slightly sweet and it smells green, not green herbal, but green in a clean way. Most of the time, when I describe a scent as being clean, I'm thinking of laundry or starched linens, but this is clean in an outdoors-y way. It's the same type of clean as Amsterdam sans tulips. It's like being seated by a brook, with the soft, bright green grass poking between your toes and a cool breeze lightly kissing your hair and blowing specks of pollen onto your eyelashes. It's the sort of clean that you breathe in at a glade far away from the city, feeling as though every breathe of the unpolluted air will cleanse and revitalize you.

When Apple Blossom settles into the skin, it doesn't smell like air, but smells vaguely of apples, but a bit like what I remember BBW Freesia to be (although this might be because I just wrote a review for the Freesia SN). It smells like a white floral soap. A very refined white floral soap. It's the sort of floral that isn't crisp (like rose) or heady (like jasmine), but instead, wafts.

I'm not sure if I like the second stage (the clean stage) or the last (floral) stage more, but I think the floral stage would be amazing to smell in nature. I really have to visit an apple orchard so I can see if this smells like apple blossoms. It's a nice scent, but I've decided to send my single notes to better homes. Knowing how valuable my single note impies are means I've never really used them, so I've decided to let them go to better homes. It's a bit weird, but it bothers me more to keep them around and never use them, with them weighing on my conscience, than to not have them. However, if this were still sold, I'd use this for non-perfume purposes, which is something I've never really considered with any perfume. I'd buy lots in order to dump into my detergent and to scent the home (which is really saying a lot, considering how I've really only bought two big bottles of catalog scents and, even then, ended up deciding that was still too much for me to use).

Edited by malanna