Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jasminepearls

Aglaea

The Graces, the Charities, the the Gratiæ: Goddesses of beauty, charm, celebration and merriment. They are the personification of all these aspects as found in both nature and mortal life. Daughters of Zeus and the oceanid Eurynome, they are Aphrodite’s attendants and work in harmony with the Muses as fountains of inspiration in the arts. In their aspect as fertility and nature deities, these Goddesses are associated with the Underworld and the Eleusinian Mysteries.

Aglaea herself represents, from the Lab description: Splendour - Three golden ambers, bright musk, peach wine and myrtle.

Acquired via swap. When I uncapped this, I smelled candied fruits, resembling Jolly Ranchers™; flowers with a rose edge, perhaps? I got a taste of their special astringency. My mind's eye conjures up a springtime flower arbor in full riot, I at the middle, delighted by overlapping circles of pleasant scents.

Wet, a candy rush! Finest, handmade hard sweets and pastilles, like walking into an Old-World candy shop, everything carefully made as a labor of love. A rise of juicy peach, perhaps a tinge of apricot; no florals, but this waft is supported by gilt, and something else, even underneath the musk... all topped by a lightly heady vapor of wine, and outliers of a rich, living, growing leaf.

I think I really like myrtle.

As Aglaea dries down, I lose the 'candy' quality, and retain the fruit; I also get bright, warm skin-scent, and it's oh-so-nice. She doesn't last long-- Goddesses, of course, can't stay-- but her diminuendo is gorgeous.

C&P from my LJ, dated 2 Sep 2006 and slightly edited

Edited by strangemusic

Aglaea

in imp: PEACH

wet: peach and a hint of amber

dry: powdery peaches

verdict: not for me...I will pass this on

Peach champagne, rich (and powdery) golden amber, and a light musk that's not going wonky on my skin. :D Pretty nice, definitely splendorous, but I like the throw of Grand Guignol's frootybooze better. This is too light on me, and I feel guilty wearing it. The scent's too innocent for me. :P

Sorry, I'm still new at this but here goes my review:

Wet: mMm, sweet fruit

Dry: still can still smell the peaches and the amber has toned it down a bit and made it quite lovely. kind of like a warm, hazey summer afternoon.

Its really very pretty and I'd definitely consider getting a 5ml if I wasn't already in love w/ tweedledum.

Millions of Peaches, Peaches for Meeeeee

i hate that song, but i'm from Georgia, so i'm already a Georgia Peach. so NYAH.

anyway, Peach Schnapps and Peach Incense and peach hard candy (the kind with the fruit jelly filling in the middle)... and everything in the world peach *scented* or *flavoured* but no real peaches.

and also no amber, for which i'm grateful.

all in all, this is really very good.. surprisingly because i tend to haaaaaaate all the lab's fruit-based blends (pumpkin is a veggie, right?) especially apricot, which is sooo similar to peach.

overall: :P and it sortof reminds me of the Body Shop's "fuzzy peach" from years ago. but better.

In the vial, this is an uplifting, sweetly piercing combination of juicy peach and a floral that would be myrtle. On my skin it loses it's piercing quality, perhaps due to the peach wine or the base notes, and slowly becomes more rounded as the light musk makes itself known. After a couple of hours this becomes a soft, rounded musky-amber-like scent on my skin, with the peach scent rather faded - there is just enough left to give the light musk a breath of sweetness.

So cheerful and bright and fruity when wet. Settles down quietly to cheerful but smooth amber. Happy golden sunshine. I probably never would have tried this on my own-- too scared off by the peach & myrtle. I am very pleased I got the frimp, though, cause I love it and bought a bottle. I put it on to feel happy.

7/10

I wasn't super impressed with this one, but I did like it. It ws very fruity and smelled strongly to me of peach and nectarines.

It was pretty consistent from first sniff through dry down, with the only noticible change for me being it was more sharp at first and mellowed and sweetened the longer I wore it.

All in all it was a very happy scent.

I wouldn't mind having another imp.

Too. Much. Peach.

The peach is seriously cloying -- sweet and kind of fake and LOUD. Three hours or so after application, it finally becomes a sweet/tangy grace note for the amber and myrtle, but that's way too long to wait.

I've been sniffing myself all day, I love this scent!!! It goes very golden peach on me, and i've been wearing it for 8 hours, the peach has faded a bit but I still have the golden wine smell to it, I want to drink myself!

Edited by RaeiNarcissus

Ooh! Definately peach wine. Peach is one of my favorite notes, but this is a little more adult and complex than peach alone. I don't really get ambers and musk (and I have no clue what myrtle is supposed to smell like). I like this one as a peach scent more than Tamora. I might consider a bottle, but I'm going to play with my imp some more.

I received this as a frimp. In the bottle and wet on my skin, it smells like peach wine. It's a nice smell, but nothing I'm crazy about.

I don't know have much else to tell besides that because it doesn't stay long on me at all. Peach wine the whole time. Nice, but I'd like something that will stay with me longer.

Heavy on the peach. This smells like the hand soap one of my roommates put in our bathroom. I actually prefer to use dish soap. I'm just not into peach. At all.

Oooh, this is so beautiful! A wonderful bright juicy peach! I feel like I just bit into the most delectable peach dessert. So much like the juiciest peach. Definite must-buy bottle of!

Gorgeous, love it, amazing, and I'm not a fruit perfume girl (although I love peaches, so that helps). I think what makes it work is the dark musky scent - it keeps it from being too cheerleadery and adds some mystery. Splendid indeed - I want a full bottle.

Why did it take me so long to try this scent? It is perfect in every way! I love the musk, I love the peach wine, and I love the balance that what I assume is myrtle gives this blend. I cannot say enough good about this scent! It's fairly straightforward, but there's some depth and allure to it as well. I feel stunning while wearing it. Awesome!

I got this as a frimp, although it sounds like something I would have chosen to order. Peach is a lovely scent, and amber is one of my favorites.

Just on: I'm getting peach wine, and a little incense. There's also some note that strikes me as corn-like or grainy (like Frito breath)---but maybe that's just my skin. I've smelled it in other scents, but have yet to identify the culprit.

15 minutes later: Still peachy, and the myrtle is coming out now. But where is the amber?

After two hours, the scent all but disappears.

This will probably be added to my swap pile, but my sniffer has been a bit unreliable as of late---I'll probably give it another try irst.

Ancientgirl

In the bottle: It's a sexy sort of fruit. It's the peach wine and musk and I have no idea why I haven't tried it sooner.

Wet on skin: Sharper than the bottle but still peachy and delicious.

Dry: It's everything I wanted in Imp but couldn't find. It's peach with avengence and the amber warms it up considerably. I would wear it as a night scent in winter, and a day scent in Spring. I will be purchasing a bottle of this, most assuredly.

It smells like a good memory.

Aglaea is the sweetest oil in my limited collection. I like it, surprisingly. I usually don't go for sweet because I'm not much a sweet kinda girl. However, I really enjoyed wearing this scent.

The peach wine is so very subtle and tones down the myrtle quite nicely. When I first put this oil on, I was concerned that I would smell like I rolled round in myrtle blossoms. That can be pleasant until the pollen gets up in your nose. Trust me on that one. I didn't need to be concerned though. The peach lightens the myrtle, so the total scent is light yet powerful.

If you're a fan of sweet florals, I highly recommend Aglaea!

Wet: Peaches and musk.

Dry: The peach fades a little bit and the amber comes out.

Finish: Amber predominates, but a little peach is still there. The musk blends nicely with the amber for a warm and friendly scent. I'm not sure I could ever pick the myrtle out of the blend.

Duration: Still there at the 5 hour mark and still sniffable when I went to bed that night.

All-in-all, Aglaea is a nice warm garden-party sort of scent. Regrettably, it's just not me, so off to the swap box it goes.

This is a beautiful scent, and every time I wear it I love it and wonder why I don't wear it more often.

I am a peach fiend, and I love everything about peaches. I love peach pie, peach cobbler, the color of peaches, peach trees, peach blossom, peach-flavored alcoholic beverages... I'm a peach-lovin' fool.

That doesn't mean I want to smell exactly like a peach, though. I like the bright, fruity, juicy scent of peaches, but I don't want to smell like I spilled a can of peaches all down the front of my shirt. Aglaea, with its lovely musk and amber, smells unmistakably like perfume. I definitely do not smell like a can of peaches when I'm wearing it. It's a pretty, bright, cheerful scent that manages to smell peachy without being an over-the-top fruity scent. It's playful and sweet.

And now for a shameless plug for my other favorite peach scents: Silence and Tamora. If this peach is a little too bright for you, do yourself a huge favor and hunt down some Silence. If you like a warmer peach scent, try Tamora.

Edited by filigree_shadow

Bottle: peaches

Wet: sweet peach wine, gentle rounded, mellow, a little musk, definitely amber, not sure about the myrtle

Dry: reminds me very much of a hair pomade I had once, in a good way, it’s buttery peach

I was worried about this one, fruit, flowers, & musk combos tend not to work on my skin, but I think the lack of florals in this blend really makes it work on me, but ultimately it’s not a very me kind of scent. Lovely though.

I didn’t expect the peach to be so prominent. I like it, it smells like peach tea. I think the ambers are warming it up so it feels more complex.

Edited by bombus