Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jasminepearls

Aglaea

Three golden ambers, bright musk, peach wine and myrtle.

In the Bottle: Champagne...and mint? Peach background.

Wet: Still smells like there's mint in it to me. Still champagne top note and the peach. Very light and beautiful.

Dry: The mint has gone away, who knows where it came from. Light peach champagne. Wonderfully refreshing. Gets a little richer as time goes one but still a refreshing light fruit scent.

May just have to order a bottle of this to get me through the summer!

Edited by neuilly

In the imp: bubblegum and... rubbing alcohol? I'm not sure about this.

On: fortunately, the rubbing alcohol scent is gone! The peaches - or, rather, something like peach candies - come through very strongly on my skin. As it dries, it gets less sweet as the musk and myrtle come to the fore. Overall, this is a sweet, light perfume - very girly and summery.

This is a much sweeter, more ingenue-ish blend than I'd usually choose, but the drydown makes it too nice to consign to the swap pile. I'll save it for when I'm in a really girly mood.

This is my first review! :P

I got this as a frimp with an ebay purchase, and wasn't even considering buying it--but it's lovely!

In the bottle: just peaches.

Freshly applied: peaches, sweeter and juicier but not candylike.

Dry: I smell juicy peaches, along with a bit of light, powdery musk. It actually reminds me of one of my favorite perfumes, Peche Musc from Sonoma Scent Studio, but it's sweeter and has a bit less musk. I can't really pick out the amber or myrtle, but that's ok. It's delicious smelling, and definitely different enough to be full bottle worthy. It is just gorgeous for spring or summer!

In imp: peachtree schnapps.

Wet: peaches soaked in white wine.

Drydown: more of the same, but fading a bit.

Top notes: peach and myrtle. (I'm guessing myrtle is the green/boozy scent).

Middle notes: a deeper peach with a musky undertone. I like it, but I'm not entirely sure this fragrance would stay nice on a hot day, or if I was having a stressful day. YMMV.

Base notes: peachy musk and vanilla. The musk is holding up well atm, but I've had a few run-ins with BPAL musk in the past, so I'm reserving judgement.

Summary: it's a nice fragrance on me, today. Since this imp is part of a circular swap, I'm going to try and get a proper imp of this later so I can give it more of a "stress test," and leave this up as a temporary review.

In the imp, this is a deep, round, full peach scent. Wet, it's definately tangier - bright and fizzy. The amber and musk come out to play as the scent dries, backing up the peach and making this a more sophisticated scent than a pure fruit scent.

Lasted all day - a winner! Perfect for summer.

A BEAUTIFUL, bright sweet peach! Smells just like Bath and Body Works discontinued scent Peach Nectar. I LOVE this. The ambers are non-existant on me, either that or they blend in/emphasize the peach perfectly. I also can't detect the musk, but it may be also emphasizing the peach.

I don't know what myrtle smells like, but I *maybe* can detect a hint of floral behind the peach? (it may be just because I WANT to smell the floral :P )

I love this scent so much. I am definitely buying a 5ml.

In bottle: Peach, peach, and some myrtle.

On skin, wet: Peach and "bright" musk (it certainly is sunny!)

On skin, dry: Amberish peach.

Conclusion: There's definitely a lot of peach here on me.

Rating: 1/5

bottle:

peach

wet:

peach, a little musky

dry:

strong peach, it reminds me of the peach doll from strawberry shortcake!

overall:

too peachy for me!

rating: 5/10

In the bottle: Amber, musk and peaches.

Wet: Very much the same as in the bottle.

Drydown: Peaches, a boozy note and something herby, I'm guessing the myrtle. Underneath it, amber and musk, creating a creamy, nearly plasticky base for the peaches and herbs.

Overall: A rather simple, warm and summery fruity blend. I'm not really a fan, I think that the peach note is too aquatic and tart for me, and the myrtle really isn't my cup of tea. It reminds me a lot of "Fae" without the oakmoss.

This was a frimp. I'd never seen a description or review before, so I didn't know what to expect upon sniffing.

In the vial: Peaches!

On me: Peaches, calmed down by musk. I probably would not wear this if not for the musk, as I don't like fruity scents very much... but I think this smells very nice and light. I do enjoy the scent of peaches, so that's a plus!

Verdict: Keeper! It will be a nice summer scent that won't annoy me with its fruitiness. :P

Rating: 4/5

It starts out a very strong, laughing summertime peachy fruit salad that certainly lifted my spirits this morning. Like a shallow, playful kind of joy. Now that the peach has burned off a bit, my skin smells absolutely freakin divine. I should be wearing robes and dispensing knowledge or having lots and lots of sex. Or both! It rocks and totally works with my skin in a liquid sunshine kind of way.

This was a no-brainer big bottle purchase. :P

This is a bright, bubbly peach on me. It almost smells like a peach single note. Odd. I like it, but not enough to buy a bigger bottle as overly fruity scents that aren't citrus are not my thing.

Edited by euterpe414

In the Imp: Bubblegum!

Wet: Very, very sweet peach with just a touch of the alcohol in the wine. Man it makes for a strong top note! But I don't mind at all, every peach blend so far has severly disappointed me. Peachy Peach Peach!

Dry: First dry stage brings out just a hint of the amber and a very slight bit of myrtle (a bit of a whitish-green smell?)

The ambers musk and peach oil blend so well together it's rather hard to scent one note apart from the others.

Throw: Great!

Overall: I've found my perfect peach scent! I love this stuff! I'm thinking a 10ml bottle is in order before they disappear.

Rating: +++

Aglaea - This is a lovely peach and amber scent. It's neither crisp nor cloying as many fruity scents tend to be (one or the other, or both). It's soft and mellow. The amber and peach are a gorgeous combination. I'm also impressed with its staying power. It's been almost 3.5 hours since I applied it, and it's still going strong, although it doesn't have the greatest throw and stays very close to the skin.

In the imp I get a sweet something I can't quite place. On skin, there it is, peach. White peach, to be specific. There's a *very* slight hint of amber but mostly, this is all peach. It's also a very light scent and seems to fade quickly to almost nothing.

Lovely, but not for me.

This is the one of the first 5ml bottles I ordered scent unsmelled (like sight unseen for the nose), with no imp to guide me...just reviews. In the bottle, it was certainly a strong peach with a sharp medicinal tang--maybe that was the boozy note?

Wet: happy peach, some musk. It's lifting me out of a very bad mood.

Drydown, the peach is still strong, with herbal note coming out to balance it. Maybe the ambers? Almost sweet enough to make me a bit queasy--not a good scent to apply shortly before cooking dinner.

An hour later: I'm finally enjoying this as I should. I tried it as soon as my order came in (last week) and loved it, but there was much less going on that day. The ambers have told the peach to sit down and be quiet. The musk is coming out more, and does smell more bright--either that, or the ambers are dominating--I'm not a huge lover of musk, although I'm liking them better in Beth's blends.

Someone loving this would probably enjoy softer Sauvignon Blancs that steer away from the citrusy notes and head straight for the peach side, while keeping some of the herbal/grassy tang. :P

In the imp: ? Bubblegum? Fruity bubblegum? Hmm.

On, wet: Peachtastic. Very fruity, with only a hint of amber to weigh it down. I feel very girly; it's also very strong.

Drydown: Ah, now that's more like it. The ambers warm up and come to the forefront, with the peach as a backdrop. It's like a frillier, non-spicy Bastet.

I like.

A nice, clean scent. Reminds me of standing out in the sun hanging freshly washed clothes on a clothes line. The only issue I had with this one was it faded rather quickly.

This was a frimp from the lab. MMMMM! They are good!

Imp: A fresh peachy smell, very light, bright, and sweet.

On the skin: The peach is really in the front here, not too sweet but still very bright and sunny. It a warm smell to me.

Dry down: The peach has been really rounded out by the amber and the myrtle, although I'm not sure what myrtle smells like exactly. :P I'm getting a really warm, fragrant mix of sweet ripe peaches. It's very feminine and on my skin (not surprisingly) it gets very very sweet smelling. Not sure if it's alittle to much for me, it's such an interesting scent!!

4/5

Jenn

Whoa, hey there, peach! Lots of peaches. Bushels, I dare say. I think my feeble nose can detect the amber and myrtle buoying the peach up and making it deeper and more complex, but I can't really pick them out. It's like they're the silent "e" of fragrances.

Peaches are nice and all, but I don't really want to smell like one all that often. I like this enough to keep around, but I probably won't use it that often unless I develop a sudden yen for fruit salad.

In the bottle: peach and amber. The peach's much stronger than the amber though.

On my skin: still peach. Very sweet.

After a couple of hours: there's nothing left. Aglaea doesn't last long on me.

Verdict: I got this as a frimp (fruity scents are usually not my thing) and I liked it for a while, but now I find it sickeningly sweet. I really don't like it anymore.

This isn't my Imp, so it'll be a quickie review.

On me, Aglaea was all peach and amber: very sweet, very bright, and very uncomplicated. It smelled like a peach bodywash-- juicy and fruity and golden. While I really love that smell in the shower, I'm not sure I'd want to smell like it all the time, and I wish the myrtle and wine had come out to play a bit more. It had good throw and staying power, but on the whole was just a little too Little Miss Sunshine for me: I'll stick with my Marquise and my Imp, thanks all the same.

I got this as a frimp from maijasu. I would NEVER have tried it, but I'm glad I did, as it is a very pretty scent. Not me, exactly, but as it turns out, I know my best friend will ADORE it. I'll keep my imp and wear it and enjoy it, but my best friend will definitely be getting a 5ml for part of her wedding gift!

In the imp: Juicy, sweet, almost sparkling peaches.

Wet: This smells like peach jolly ranchers and riesling wine on me. The peach wine is really dominant and stands out as a honeyed peach wine. Very strong throw initially.

Dry: Aglaea dries down to a gentle peach with warm, soft amber popping up from the back. Very pretty. The amber spices up the peach just enough to make it smell less like jolly rancher and more like standing in an orchard on a hot day with a chilled glass of white wine. Lovely.

Wet: Fruity fruit fruit. Very candy-like pear.

Drydown: This is still very sweet. The wine/pear & floral notes are almost penicillin-tangy on me, but not too tart and not too sickly, sticky sweet. As it dries, more of the floral notes come in and make it even more tolerable, which is odd since floral blends usually turn me off. It's just so cute!

Not something I could see myself wearing, but totally something I'd pass off to my 15 year-old neice. :P

When I first put this on I immediately thought, Drunken Peaches!

I'm one who really loves the scent of peaches, but I think the boozy note is too overwhelming for me. I was hoping for more musk, more amber, with a hint of peach.. seems all backwards for my tastes! Ah well :P

Edited by Midnight Aeval