Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jasminepearls

Aglaea

Three golden ambers, bright musk, peach wine and myrtle.

Bottle: Boozy, slightly unpleasant (under-ripe?) peach.
Wet: Very sweet peach wine, the sort you want to cut with something light and carbonated so you don't make a face while drinking it.
Dry: Peach, with a little floral. I see what the description means by "bright musk." That comes out after drying.

A scent of light gold and peach colors. Very summery. There's something a little candy-like about it. I can see how others like it, but I'll pass.

Edited by Casablanca

In the imp: overripe, rotting peaches, with a slightly boozy undertone, like peach schnaps. I almost put this one back into my box as I thought I wouldn't like it, and was not really in the mood to test something unpleasant.

Wet: extremely sweet peach syrup or candy, but without any of the booziness or rotting smell that I got from the imp. When it's just freshly applied I get light whiffs of something more earthy: while blind-testing I thought it was a touch of patchouli, but it's definitely the myrtle.

Dry: after perhaps 30 minutes, the musk and amber come out! The peach is still very much here, but musk and amber complexify and deepen the scent and intensify as the scent wears (especially the amber). This remains very sweet all along, but absolutely gorgeous.

Throw: this oil has SERIOUS throw - and it lasts forever on me. I tested it in the evening and could still smell it lightly on my skin the day after.

Well, this is glorious. It is very, very sweet and a tad cloying, so I'll have to test it more and see if I don't get bored of it, but definitely considering a bottle. One to try if you are on the lookout for a sweet, gourmand amber smell.

Wet: Sweet peach in syrup.

Dry: Sweet peach, now more of a fresh peach rather than peach in syrup. Its a rather bright peach scent, light and fruity. After about three hours the peach takes a backseat and the amber becomes more noticeable. Its still sweet, but not as fruity.

Aglaea is, when the peach is dominating, very much a realistic fruit scent. While wet its peach in syrup, as dry more of a fresh peach. The musk helps soften it a bit but it keeps as a very bright scent.

Type: fruity!

Lasting: 4.5 hours

Wet on skin: sweet, syrupy peach! Fruity as HECK, in a jammy way.

Dry on skin: there's the musk. It goes a little floral, too -- probably the myrtle? The amber is playing nicely in the background and not overtaking everything. The peach is definitely still there but toned way down from the wet stage. This goes from the actual literal scent of sugary peaches, to a softer peachy perfume.

It's very nice if you like peach scents, which I do! But I'm not sure if I need a full bottle, because I have Fae for my peach needs, and I think I like Fae more because it's not quite as sweet and high-pitched as Aglaea. Will definitely hang on to the imp, though.

This smells just like the peach ring candies. That's it. It lasts forever on me and is pretty much a peach ring single note the whole time. It's a fun, fruity scent that will be nice in the summer.

Aglaea is bright, sweet, and intense. Throw is huge, lasts all day, and, frankly, overstays its welcome while overstepping boundaries into others' personal space. I knew a peach scent would be a wrongdoing to others around me, but I couldn't resist trying because smell all the smells, right? ;)

This fragrance makes no room for any other notes than peach on me. It's essentially a peach SN from wet to complete late-stage dry down. Color association would be apricot (despite its peachy scent :P ). Anyone into peach, you'll want this. For me, it's one of the fruits I *have* to stay away from.

Fuzzy peach candies when wet but turns much more grownup on dry down.

A perfume peachy blend. I kind of liked it, especially for summer. I'll have to test it again to be sure but this might need a bottle upgrade.

Wet, this is SUCH a juicy peach. Immediately made me want to eat one. I could practically taste it. It goes very bright, a bit sharp. It's fruity and summery, like the first part of summer when spring is just moving off. Very lovely! Does seem to fade quick, though.

Where I'd wear it: Biking on a warm afternoon, through a cute city

Goes on very sweet peach and immediately the musk starts coming out- it smells like red musk to me which concerns me because red musk tends to completely take over on my skin. After 5 minutes or so though the musk starts calming down and the peach is slowly regaining it's footing. Dries down to a strong peach scent, very sweet and slightly boozy. Actually, smells exactly like peach wine :biggrin: Also, the musk stays firmly in the background, yay!

ETA: OK, an hour later and yep all red musk. So sad :(

Edited by h_yeti

Wet: Peach wine, and amber. Really nice.

Dry: Darn, this has significantly faded, and the amber has made this a bit powdery smelling now. :(

There's still some sweetness, but the wet stage was so much nicer than the drydown.

Edited by donkehpoo

In bottle: Wat?!

Wet: Is that peach and sweat?! Wait, there's something slightly green? Woody green? Maybe? please?

Dry: What fresh hell is this? Oh, there's a little amber in here. The peach is amping. That could be good in certain situations. Oh no... *gags* the smell of sweat has gone from "just exercised" to "I've been camping for a week with no showers." Why does musk do this on me?

I had my SO sniff the wrist and he wrinkled his nose & ask if I had not showered because it was affecting the fragrance. (edit to add: I had)

*tosses into swap pile*

I am 100% certain this would smell like a peach goddess in summer on my bestie (she of the amber amping skin). That said, on me it smells like a car camping trip gone wrong. Spilled can of peaches and all.

Further edit to add: After washing it off, there's still a touch of something slightly woody. I love that part!

Edited by Lemonlife

Peach and quite a lot of booziness at first, almost enough to scare me off. But after a few minutes I'm left with a juicy, simple peach. Sadly I'm not getting any amber. Anyone who even remotely enjoys peach should give Aglaea a whirl.

Imp from a forumite, date stamped March 12, 2016. 

In the imp: Peach wine over amber, with a trace of myrtle. 

On my skin:

Luscious, juicy peach -- not peach-scented anything, not canned peaches, but fresh, ripe peach flesh. As it dries, I get the barest hints of wine and myrtle. Once it settles and develops on my skin, the amber comes out a bit, giving a soft grounding and backing to the peach. 

Sadly, after that, it begins to fade rather dramatically. It was a light scent on me to begin with, but after about an hour, it becomes only barely detectable at skin level. 

But it's beautiful while it lasts.  

In the imp, all I can smell is SWEET. On my skin, it smells exactly like Lindeman's peach lambic. As it dries down, it's rounded out by something floral (myrtle, I guess!). By about an hour in, the tart sweetness of the peach has faded enough that it's finally balanced with the floral. It feels weird to wear this at night... I would like to wear this on a sunny, breezy day while having a picnic in a field of wildflowers. I suspect I would make a lot of bee friends because of Aglaea.

Edited by alouettesque

I want to love this one.  I kind of do at first.  I'm not huge on peach, but this is delightful in the beginning.  A strong, candy peach, yes, but one made with the real fruit.  Lindeman's Peach Iambic works well as a comparison.  There's something perfumey about it too though -- probably the florals.  Unfortunately, something emerges quickly that flattens the scent out on my skin.  It almost smells like paper -- like Lindeman's Peach spilled all over a brown grocery bag.  Maybe the musk?  Whatever it is drags things down to fragrance mediocrity.  Ah well.  Best of luck to those with differing chemistry.  This one seems like it could be a delightful fruity cocktail for others.  

Edited by VetchVesper

Reminiscent of Brisingamen, but with the addition of gummy peach candies.  I find myself wishing for a little less amber, though that would drag it dangerously close to "peach single note" territory.

This is stunning! Sweet peach wine and amber. The peach was the strongest when wet, but the ambers eventually overtook that note. The wine note isn't super strong and as it fades, it does get powdery but still stays sweet.

Might get a bottle in the future, but I think for now the two frimps I have should suffice.

This is very peach forward in the imp and on me, and stays that way throughout the day. Sweet peach wine that's tempered by the the other notes. The myrtle starts to come out for me a few hours in. Overall it feels/smells balanced, not too boozy or powdery. Happy to have two frimps of this!