Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jasminepearls

Aglaea

AGLAEA

Splendour

Three golden ambers, bright musk, peach wine and myrtle.

First sniff: ohhh, this is sweet, a very sunny scent, I imagine bright orange and soft yellow hues, with a bit of gold. I love it!

While wet, Aglaea is a beautiful medley of fruity notes, the most prominent one being peach. It smells to me just like freshly made peach preserves.

on the drydown, the amber is making itself known, but it is in the backround supporting the peachy jam scent. This is getting prettier and prettier. I can smell a slight tang, but am not the best at picking out notes, the myrtle perhaps? Ahh, there is the wine note, very subtle and making this blend even more pleasant.

Dry: This is a scent that stays very similar in the bottle and on my skin. It is quickly becoming one of my favorites, and is destined to be a 5ml or maybe even a 10ml. It has great throw too. The amber is so soft and golden, the peaches are glorious, and the wine and hints of musk weave a headspinningly wonderful scent that I am looking forward to dousing mysefl in when Spring comes. Warm and soft, this is a flirty peachy Spring/Summery oil. Thank you Beth, for making my month! :P

Just like Thalia, I'm glad I bought a bottle right off the bat.

This is a glorious peach wine and musk scent. Can white musk do no wrong? apparently not with me!

It's a sunny, glistening scent, like the bit of light sparkling in dew.

And as time goes on there's my amber...not sure what myrtle smells like but I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the background, because there's the faint hint of something I don't recognize.

I can't wait for my bottle of Euphrosyne to come with Storm moon now, I adore the graces!

Edited by silverangel

This is a gorgeous golden peach scent on me. It makes me happy because a lot of the other bpal oils that have peach in them don't work on me at all. This is beautiful though. So light and golden and gorgeous.

It actually reminds me very strongly of this lip balm one of my good friends had a long long time ago. I haven't seen her in years but this smell reminds me very much of her. It was quite shocking to put it on and be reminded of her so strongly!

Aglaea is an exquite scent. I adore peach but this note is usually eaten up by my skin and disappears. Aglaea is the first peach scent that actually remains on my skin.

The peach melds beautifully with the amber to create a sense of warmth and sunshine. Musk is generally my nemesis but it does me no harm in this scent.

If you are looking for a peach scent with more throw and lasting power, Aglaea is for you!

After this scent was on for a few minutes it started to smell familiar... the peach was warming up quite nicely and then memories started to invade my thoughts...

11th grade, summer, Cliff Wishy, ah ha! Peach Schnapps. This smells like peach schnapps mixed with orange juice and sprite. The drink we used to sneak when the parents weren't looking. I always imagined that if I ever did kiss that boy, he'd taste like this.

First Impression: Sparkling peaches wine. :P

Second Impression: This is so beautiful in the vial but has turned to watered down, powdery peach on my skin. I don't get any amber or musk, just powdery peach. I'm utterly disappointed. I will try again, though, as it's so lovely when wet.

Final Analysis: The peach and apricot scents can either way on me, but I just love them. Why don't they all love me? Why!?!

Sparkling, juicy peach, but less fruity and a bit more effervescent. This reminds me of the smell of peach mead, sweet, light, sunny and a bit addictive. This was a nice lift to my mood today when it's a bit gloomy out as this was a really summery, joyous kind of scent. I didn't get much musk off this which is a bit sad as I wanted it a little more golden on me but still lovely.

Aglaea is like Felicity Kendall: sweetly pretty

A sparkling peach scent. It stayed beautiful throughout my workday.

It was splendorous; living up to its Lab description.

Mmmmmn, this is divine. This reminds me of the fizzy peach sweets which I adore, and peach wine. I absolutely love this scent, its so fizzy and delectable without being overly foody.

I dont know if its the peach wine/sweet associations but smelling this makes me quite happy :D

I must order some more at once!

:P

First sniff: Bright, fruity, giggly – it tickles my nose.

Wearing: Aglaea doesn’t seem refined enough to be Splendour – it’s young and giddy, it can’t quite sit still.

ahhh she is a sweet one

the in bottle, wet, and dry semme to be pretty much the same, a sweet juicy warm peach wine, a hint of amber, and the musk is very very light this is a gorgeous scent, i def will be wearing this in the summer when i go home to ga. good old ga. peaches mmmm

In bottle: Oh, so peachy! Hints of golden amber mingle with a fresh summer peach. I am quite excited.

On me: It is rather like peach candy. It is also very bright and sunny; it reminds me of a summer day, sitting in the backyard and eating a peach with the juice running down my chin. It is a bit romantic, too. Utterly charming.

This is quite tangy at first, but it calms down. I didn't think I was going to enjoy this as much as I have (all day) this morning. The top note is tangy, strong and something unfamiliar to my nose...peach wine/myrtle?? It dries down to a gorgeous peach musk on me with the amber ever slightly grounding it. It is warm and golden and lovely. This is going to get a lot of use, as I love the Peach blends. This is what I had hoped Fae would be. I think Fae went a bit powdery on me.

I think I may be ordering a 5ml of this when the next update is posted. The peach is so lovely and happy and sunny and not the least bit artificial smelling - it evokes the essence of summer to me.

It just makes me feel good, and it's the perfect antidote to a dreary day.

GAH! THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE CATALOG SCENT.

I must have a 10ml.

The best part is, that this remains very sparkly! The amber warms it, definately, but it doesn't reduce the sparly, glowing gloriousness. It's just - GAH. This is the best peach BPAL evar, and I have big bottles of three of the others. It's breathtaking.

Mmm. Peaches. :D

Wow, this one is summer in a bottle. The peach is bright and fresh, not fruity bubble-gum. The amber adds a wonderful warmth to this. The musk is wonderful.

It reminds me of really hot summer days, spent lounging around the pool. :P

In the bottle: pure sweet peach. Almost like schnapps.

Wet: a grown-up peach. It's definitely sweet, but also has that white musk undertone to give it a little more body. Makes me think of peach spritz cookies from the Byrd cookie company! (yummy)

dry: it was eaten up by my skin a little bit, but still maintains it's summery, golden charm.

This is totally a keeper, and is going on my next Lab order list!

In the imp: Sparkling, shiny, sweet peaches.

Wet: The musk gives this some body. It's not a heavy musk, just a light one. The peach wine smells oddly plasticky on me. Oh no! I can also smell the myrtle coming out. Double oh no!

Drydown: However the myrtle goes away and the musk retreats to the background. The peach wine balances itself out with the amber, so the strange plastic smell is gone.

Final thoughts: This initial wet stages are a bit weird, but the drydown is pretty. It's definitely golden summer encapsulated in a scent. I really like this! I don't think it's knocked Tamora out as my favorite peach scent, but it ranks up there.

at first: very strong. citrussy.

on: intense. citrus? maybe a very strong herb?

half an hour later: i think i'm getting some grapefruit now. this is really complex and interesting.

2.5 hours later: sweet and warm. i can't really pick any notes out.

4 hours later: pungent. still a bit sweet, but with some incense thrown in.

6 hours later: still sweet, incensy, and warm.

overall: i really like this. i don't think i'd wear it very often, but it will be good for getting in touch with the sun.

Aglaea is very sharp. I don't get a lot of peach, it's just kind of hiding around the edges, laughing and giggling at the amber and myrtle, which are duking it out. The musk comes up from behind and seduces the peach whilst she's gossiping about the catfight between the amber and myrtle.

Mostly, it's a sharp resinous floral with a touch of sweet, fruity musk on my skin. I really like it, but it's far subtler a scent than I usually go for.

Edited by pekeana

Wet, I thought I was imagining things because strong alongside the peach I smelt white wine and I didn't realise it was peach wine. Dry on me it was pure peach, actually probably a truer peach to me than the Georgia Peach single note, as that to me was a slightly rotting peach and this is much fresher and brighter. Yep, definitely peach and a lovely peach it is to :P .

Aglaea is very strong and sweet, but in a good way. It has been playing tricks with my nose though, because at first it came across as apples rather than peaches. But the fruit notes are definitely taking a backseat to the rich warm amber and voluptuous musk. This is a golden scent, and very rich, but not heavy, if that makes any sense. In some ways I find this similar in tone to Tamora (which I also love) but definitely less peachy. I anticipate wearing this a lot this summer.

Aglaea is just absolutely divine. I'm in love. Its all peaches and apricot. I think the wine is what keeps it more Adult, rather than My Little Pony scratch-n-sniff.

Its definitely an uplifting spring scent.

Wet, and first applied, the peach is the strongest, with a hint of wine. As time goes on, it definitely stays fruity and happy. It doesn't fade on me at all. It stays over night. I adore it.

This is definitely a big bottle.

Bright, sparkly, happy, sunshiney and peachy...but, lightly sensual as well, thanks to the amber and musk.

I LOVE this. :P

I put it on this morning before going to the grocery store, and I kept getting whiffs of myself and thought "wow, I smell good!"

I must, must, must have a big bottle of this!

In the bottle: It smells like that cheap peach wine you can get. Those fruit wines in the store that are, like, 16oz and cost maybe $4. Not to say anything bad about it, but that's what it smells like. Kinda sparkling and slightly alcoholic but not enough to knock you on your ass even if you drink the whole bottle.

Wet: Peaches. Slightly rotting peaches. Very sweet and on the brink of turning into peach goo when you touch them. With...um...some amber. I'm not sure what myrtle smells like so I'm not positive what's making this smell kinda...sickening on me, but something sure is.

Dry down: Too sweet peach wine. Slightly rotting. Maybe it's been let sit too long. I think peach hates me. It makes me somewhat ill in almost every blend that I try it in. This should be a nice, sweet, fruity scent--the kind I like--but instead it's turning my poor stomach.

Dry: Slightly musky rotting peaches. Can't wear it. Washing off. :P