Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Figs and Fig Scents - alone and in combos

Amicitia is my favorite fig blend, followed closely by Figgy Pudding (alas, almost all the GC scents with fig have patchouli in them, which rules them out for me).

Edited by Elspethdixon

Orion, from the Winter's Grand Constellations in 2017 Yules has just become my new favorite fig. This is an amazing scent and I soooo wish it would be permanent!

- Weathered brown leather, wild fig, Macedonian cedar, fire-red tobacco, pepper, white musk, and cardamom.

Orion, from the Winter's Grand Constellations in 2017 Yules has just become my new favorite fig. This is an amazing scent and I soooo wish it would be permanent!

- Weathered brown leather, wild fig, Macedonian cedar, fire-red tobacco, pepper, white musk, and cardamom.

How funny, that's my new favorite tobacco. I struggled to smell the fig in it. I have a giant fig tree in my yard, and I still don't know what they smell like. I could not pick it up out of a lineup. It's just a generic sweet fruit smell to me.

Necro-bump!

Are you team Always-Fig, Usually-Fig, Sometimes-Fig, or Never-Fig?  

I'm very much a fig gal.  Fresh fig's sweet/floral notes do it for me, & dried fig's sweet/earthy notes are awesome, too. My skin handles fig as almost a skin scent. 

My fave fig blends to date are:

Poor Monkey 

Atsui-Mono

Carnal

Narr

Romans 13:8

The Dream is Big Enough for Everyone 

Fig & White Sandalwood HG (!!!)

The Place Wherein Love Grew Atmosphere Spray (!!!) 

I'm a sometimes-fig.  The only blends it's worked in for me are Tweedledum, Blodughadda, and Lola Lee Loo (and that one pushes it a little).  It usually goes powdery and cloying on me. 

chanting ALWAYS FIG! ALWAYS FIG! 

Strangler Fig is one of my grails. 

Also in my collection of bottles:

Tabella

Berry Moon

Boadicea (x2 because I loved it)

Ushi

Improvisation (incredible!)

Atsui-Mono

Voluptuous Wantonness

I believe I'm most likely on team Always-Fig, but I might be an Almost-Always-Fig! For some reason, I have a sneaking suspicion that Fig will one day do me dirty, although I've had nothing but great experiences so maybe I'm being unfair to poor Fig. So far, I've tried and enjoyed:

Eden 

Hetairae

Intrigue

Mata Hari (can't really pick out the fig in this one, but it's a brand new imp, maybe it needs a little aging!)

Strangler Fig

The Grave Pig

To His Mistress Going to Bed

Waltzing Matilda

The woody kind of fig, like in Intrigue and To His Mistress Going to Bed, is my favorite kind. Strangler Fig is also amazing; the imp I have was given to me and is pretty old I believe, so I'd like to try it lab fresh at some point!

I seem to really enjoy fig! Not sure if I’m an always-fig, I think it depends on the supporting notes!

I’ve been loving it in Miller vs. California, and now can pick it out in Lilith Nightingale.
I like how it has an almost bitter edge.