Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Lettuce

It's light, it's fresh ... it's ... pickled?!?!!

How odd! This is pale, pale green, like iceberg lettuce. Its fresh, even wet. Very cool and crisp.

It's also funky. Perfumey and - I can't believe it - oddly sour, to the point it has a vinegary tone. Not necessarily unpleasant, just odd, after all the fantastically true single notes I've been testing. My bizarre chemistry may also be the cause, as I had my best friend try it, and she swears she's out in her garden, picking leaf lettuce, when she smells it.

Edited by jj_j

At first this is sour... but that fades after 15 minutes or so and it becomes really fresh and green on my skin. After half an hour or so it's..... gone. Mm, that was fast.

In a burner the pickled scent fades after 15 minutes as well, and the fresh green plant scent lingers around for much longer. Makes the room smell like garden.

I have finally managed to get ahold of the Lettuce. I am not a vegetable person... to the point where I would almost rather die than eat a salad. Lettuce has always been especially troubling to me. It tastes, to me, exactly like wet grass (yes, I have attempted to eat both, lol). It also smells similar to grass to me.

The scent of lettuce is captured here perfectly. Green, crisp, and heavy with wet leaves. It surprised me by being sort of perfumey at first, but it dries down into a pretty refreshing green scent. I wonder if this singlenote was ever used in any BPAL blends.

I'll probably end up swapping my imp of this one. I favor bakery/spicy scents. This is more 'refreshing salad'.

I'm very fond of fresh, green scents on the rare occasions that they work on me, so I jumped at a chance to try Lettuce.

This starts out very crisp and green, with a hint of something almost spicy, which develops into the perfumy note that others have mentioned.

However, it doesn't turn back into the green salady scent that others have mentioned; rather, on my skin I get the oddest hints of hemp. I have no idea where it came from, but oy - I smell hempy.

I'm going to have to try this as a room fragrance, because it does start off very nicely - my chemistry just makes it angry.

119596577.jpg

In the bottle

Unreal, it smells like I've stuck my nose in a head of lettuce.

On

So lovely. Just as you'd think it would smell. Light, crisp, fresh, light green.

Similar to lavender now with that almost minty bite of herbiness coming through now.

30 minutes

Fresh lettuce with a crisp green bite.

Throw:

average

Scent categor:

Green/Herby

Summary

Smells like fresh lettuce, it gets more herby smelling as it dries.

Purchase again?

Yes

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

Hell's bells.

This smells exactly like crisp, wet, juicy iceberg lettuce leaves. It's cool, green, and lettuce. The throw is terrible. The wear length is worse. I am not surprised given how OLD this sucker is, but when you first apply it, you get this bloom of cool green lettuce on your skin. The small drydown almost tinges it toward green apple skins. It just smells fresh.