Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Namaste

... This oil blend is a serene, soothing Indian blend, created to bring calm and joy to the heart and peace to the spirit. Sandalwood, jasmine, rose, patchouli, cedarwood and lemongrass.

When I first smelled Namaste, I thought I picked up a little bit of tobacco. It must have been the sandalwood because it only lasted a few minutes and then I definitely could pick up that and the lemon grass. After thirty minutes all I still smell is the lemongrass and now I smell like lemon furniture oil. After another thirty minutes it is finally mellowing down into a softer lemony floral fragrance. While it is much nicer now, I am not patient enough to wai as long as it takes to get to this stage. Off to the swap piles.

Wet: Placing your wrist near your nose, carefully recite the Lemon Sutra.

Drying down: After the heavy lemongrass (yeah, it sounds weird to describe that note as heavy, but I think it's appropriate here) evaporates, which takes a while, finally the woods come out; the cedar amps the sandalwood a bit, and that's nice. It is very much a skin scent on me, with minimal throw. I mean, I could quite literally be wearing Namaste on more than just my wrists, and still not disturb the person on the next meditation cushion. The question is whether the woods, for any given wearer, are worth waiting through the OMG! Lemongrass! phase. I've not yet tried this in a locket or as a room scent; right now, on skin, it's just on the edge of having oomph.

I wanted to like Namaste. Unfortunately, the lemongrass scent never died down on my skin, and instead I had to scrub it off my arm. It smelled a bit like Lemon Pledge on my skin.

Bright citrus when wet which dried down to intense lemongrass with a faint jasmine. After a while it went musty and that while I already felt like I was wearing toilet cleaner. I really do like the scent of lemongrass, I'm just not sure I like it on me. I'm tempted to try this as a room fragrance, but I think I'll be passing it on anyhow.

Holy crap. Is dat sum lemon??? :P

Seriously, this smells friggin' overpoweringly lemony for the first 15 minutes or so. And for the record, I *like* lemons. Not this one though. This is like furniture polish. And it seriously burns my nose in the same way that cinnamon red-hots do.

Once the lemon has settled down, cedar comes out -- not the nice chilled-out cedar of Sri Lanka, but like the spikey closet-monster Cedar from Hell. I do not like this blend, nope.

D00d - there's jasmine in this?

I'm amazed. On me this is sparkly lemon, drying down to a really nice earthy woody smell.

My husband has told me that I smell like summer and "comforting, like a Tower Records". *shrugs* I don't get it, but I'm glad for the snuggling and snuffling.

I have a feeling that this just turns into a skin scent, because after a little burst of lemon, I don't know that I'm wearing perfume, unless I'm really huffing my wrist.

I like it. It's subtle.

In the bottle – Lemongrass, very similar to Concentration

Wet on me – Primarily lemongrass

Dry on me – The woods dominate, soft and spicy

Overall – This isn’t really me, but my mum is a yoga teacher so I’ll see what she makes of it

While it's wet and in the bottle all I can smell is the musk.

On my skin, the jasmine and lemongrass do something wonky so that I smell like a Thai restaurant. I love eating food, I don't love smelling like it--makes me feel like I spilled my dinner all over me. So Namaste goes into the swap pile.

Namaste

I had high hopes for this one, as it was indicated that this is gender neutral so I was hoping it would work on my husband - also, I have a good friend who is very fond of this expression, so I can't help but think of her with this one.

I put it on lightly, only to realize that this one I can get away with a bit more, so I gladly complied. It is unassuming and gentle. The strongest note, to me, is the lemongrass. Ahh, it smells sweet, yet tart, and very refreshing. This is a soothing *and* invigorating scent, I can breathe it in deeply, and it really does feel calming and peaceful to me. The florals are very subtle - each note really seems to mesh well with each other.

This could work well for any season, but it feels most like Spring to me. It is gender neutral, and I recall my husband really liking fresh scents, so I'm optimistic about trying this one on him.

[1 - Hate] .. [2 - Dislike] .. [3 - Like] .. [4 - Really Like] .. [5 - Love]

5 / 4 : At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but the more I think about it, the more it really clicks with me.

Namaste smells great and well-blended in the imp, but once on me the lemongrass and rose totally take over and all I get is a powdery pinesol. : (

ADDED Oct. 12:

On wet: The lemon grass and patchouli took over the most

On dry: Lemon grass, patchouli, and cedarwood with a hint of the florals

I would have never thought lemon grass would be THIS soothing. A wonderful bedtime/rainy day scent. I just want to curl up with a book now that I'm wearing this. The hubby all he smelled was, "something citrusy."

This was a quick toss on before dinner-

Bottled it smelled good, I was looking forward to trying it on.

The moment it touched my skin though- Hello lemon and PINESOL. Overwhelmingly so.

The cedar became more prominent about 20 minutes afterward. I washed some off at the restaurant.

Now, half on it smells good. Rather sandalwood and patchouli smelling. I wish it wasn't so strong out of the imp. :P

Wet: the lemongrass, jasmine, and rose are strongest... but not overwhelming. It smells so lovely!

The next 20 minutes or so, Namaste is gentle, and, again, lovely... I don't notice any of the cedar. The lemongrass is still very prominent, and pleasant. I like Namaste best during its first 20 minutes; if I could just freeze the scent then, it would be perfect. I like it after that, too, but not as much. It grows somewhat less sweet. Either the cedar emerges then, and tones down the sweetness of the floral blend, or the patchouli amps up, and the impact is the same. Unfortunately, I can't make Namaste stay at the first-20-minutes stage. It leaves me with a newfound appreciation for lemongrass.

In the vial: Bitter lemongrass and patchouli.

On: When wet, this is still citrus-y, but some sweet notes are racing in to the forefront.

This scent is balancing itself out before my very...nose. Well blended it is becoming harder to pick out single notes. This is most definitely a happy scent! The sandalwood is bringing some more mellowness to this fragrance, the rose and jasmine are wafting through, making this feminine and sexy. The patchouli is fully cemented as a barely detectable background note (where it belongs, IMHO). This one is destined to become a favorite. A definite standby, top ten scent. Wow! I can't stop sniffing my wrist! I want to bathe in this!! Warm, radiant, upbeat, soft and perfectly balanced! 5 out of 5 on this one!!!!

A big bottle of this will be vital to my continued existence.

:P :D :D

At first sniff, this is pretty lemony, and that continues on my skin. It begins to soften to a woody, incensey kind of smell, but now, about an hour later, it seems a bit...musty. It's weird, and it's not with every sniff, but it's definitely there. I'm going to give it another try on another day, just in case, because I really want to like this!!!

JASMINE, cedar and lemongrass.

i think the sandalwood, rose and patchouli were frightened and ran away.

eventually this turns into a lemon-oil furniture polish on a cedar chest... i had expected more from a blend based on the "all that is holy and sacred in me acknowledges all that is holy and sacred in you."

This is scent was actually my first BPAL love and has remained one of my favorites to thsi day. When I first put it on all I can smell is the citrus. For me this isn't really offensive or bad. I love the smell of lemongrass. As it dries down there is a woodier note that creeps in. The rose and patchouli get totally lost on me. After reading the description I was really surprised to read that there was either in Namaste.

Edited by Sylph

This has to be one of the first imps received from the Lab because for some reason, I tore at the label to check the oil level (hey we're all newbies sometime!). I found Namaste and another imp in this state.

Estimated age: 2 1/2 years old.

Namaste is a very mellow sugary lemon on my skin. I can smell an undertone of sandalwood, but do not smell jasmine at all. To me this is not a sharp, tangy scent, but more a scent of liquid sunshine.

In the imp: Lemon.

On skin: From the scent in the imp, I expected it to be as lemon-drop lemon as Phobos, but it wasn't. It was entirely softer and earthier, but not so much so that I could really pick out any of the non-lemony notes before it faded away completely.

I don't care for this on its own but think it might be nice layered with The Coiled Serpent (which on its own is too masculine for me).

Wet: Sugared orange gummies or Mike & Ike candies, with a hint of an almost peppery incense.

Drydown: ...milky, powdery, dust. Jasmine hates me. :P

In the imp: Smelled like sandalwood and rose, a combination I love dearly (and one of the few things I've bought from Bath and Bodyworks)

Wet: Roses! Lovely rain-wet roses that haven't been cut yet, with cedary and sandalwood in the background. I don't get any patchouli, but maybe a bit of Jasmine?

Dry: Lemongrass. Lemongrass grows up and sours out my roses, and that's as far as I get. Into the "will sell to people I entice or swap if I get around to doing that" box on my shelf at work.

(At least now I don't feel as bad about not getting Cheshire Moon, if I amp lemongrass all crazy-like.)

(ETA: this was a frimp. Oh how I love both frimps and portmanteau words!)

Edited by GingerGunlock

it smells really strong in the imp...im getting alot of dusty incense and lemon.

on my skin Im still getting the dustiness from earlier, but the lemon faded, leaving sandalwood and Ithink roses.

Its nice, but nitforme.

In the bottle: Pure lemon

On: It was like a sprayed myself with Pledge Furniture Cleaner. Although it does lighten up after a bit, the jasmine and woods are completely over powered by citrus.

Verdit: Lemon tends to go wonky on me. Sadly, because I love all the other notes in this one.

i didn't think i'd like this as much as i do considering it has a food scent (lemongrass) in it. it goes on more lemongrass smelling upon first apply, but as it fades, i get more of the sandalwood/cedarwood with a smidge of patchouli. i don't smell any of the jasmine or rose and the lemongrass is just barely there. it's nice and the boy likes it and i found a 2 year old bottle and can't wait to try it

:P