Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Namaste

... This oil blend is a serene, soothing Indian blend, created to bring calm and joy to the heart and peace to the spirit. Sandalwood, jasmine, rose, patchouli, cedarwood and lemongrass.

In bottle/imp: Very tart lemon over cedar and patchouli.

Immediately on skin: This is OMG lemony. It’s so tart and not sweet at all… then there’s the patchouli in the background, very light, but still gritty and present. The sandalwood (I think it’s the sandalwood) is pushing its way in, giving everything a blended and rubbery feel almost. It’s very weird.

After a little while: This has morphed into a very patchouli dominated scent with a hint of lemongrass, and a lot of rubbery smokiness from the jasmine. It’s not sweet, and it’s very dark. It’s a very smooth fragrance though.

Overall Impressions: I don’t enjoy this at all. The patchouli and jasmine are very strong and together they smell both dirty and plastic-y. The lemongrass adds a freshness, but overall this blend does nothing for me. Edited by Delirium1009

In the imp: Patchouli and cedar make the biggest appearance, a hint of lemongrass.

On me: Lemongrass comes to the forefront, with a little of one of the woods -- I can't tell which one, though. (Start working, nose!)

ETA: Dry on me: I can smell the jasmine and patchouli now. It's rather pleasant, if not still a bit too lemony.

We'll have to see how it lasts over the day, and if it mixes well with any of the other oils in the imp box.

ETA2: Aw, it smells like soap now. ): Have to try something else.

Edited by Nightroad103

In the imp: What a lovely warm tawny colour. This biases me favourably towards it even before I sniff :P And oh, it has a lovely nose. Serene flowers; a rose/neroli quality, slightly sweet, and I think there's a trace of something woody in the background too, grounding it. This is a scent with depth, richness and calm. ...and then there's a bit of an applicator-nose issue as I try to analyse it more.

On the wrist: In the imp, the scent was strongly rose/jasmine. They're still there, but now the lemongrass comes through sharply. Really quite sharply. Yes, there is definitely lemongrass, especially on my left wrist. Behind it is just the faintest trace of sandalwood, and I see I once again failed to recognise the patchouli. The right wrist is balancing better, with the lemongrass just sharpening the rose, and the woods and patchouli giving it depth. It seems to have good throw, although that could just be because I've got it on my sodding nose.

One hour later: The flowers and lemongrass have faded, and this is now a dusty cedarwood on both wrists. The right seems to be dustier, while the left has more of a touch of sandalwood and rose to it. Still, it's a shame.

in the imp: WHOA lemongrass! :P

wet on skin: same.

dry down: staying true, at this point, it pretty much smells like lemon pledge :D

in all: if you like lemon-y scents, check this out, all others, proceed with caution!

:D

In the imp: Rich and complex! Cedar and lemongrass hit the nose first, with patchouli following close behind. Sandalwood lends a bit of dry creamy woodyness.

Wet/Drydown: Cedar-patchouli-lemon. Sharp dry woods with tart lemon. A hint of jasmine, but more of a feel than a note. A tiny bit of rose too. Very unique and complex - interesting and addicting. The lemongrass amps up and becomes dominant, gently backed up by rose. The woods are in the background now, providing a solid, warm, earthy base. A bit more sandalwood creeps in, creaming up the lemon.

First sniff, I hated it and assumed I'd never wear it.

Freshly applied, it was a strong lemony scent. I love lemon.

After an hour or two, it's a woody scent with a little lemon. I'm getting cedar the most. Another scent I like.

in bottle: lemongrass, sandlewood

wet on skin: it is lemongrass, woods, patchouli & hint of rose - the lemongrass is very strong on me. it does smell exactly like fresh lemongrass which i love to cook with but am not sure about wearing

bit later: the woods and patchouli are standing up to the lemongrass, but it is still very strong and like i am wearing 3 distinct notes

an hour or so later: when the lemongrass finally dies down, what's left reminds me of old-fashioned floral scented soap, like these tiny rose soaps a great aunt would give me every christmas when i was very little - definitely not what i expected

unfortunately this one is not for me to wear, though may try it in the oil burner after reading some of the reviews

Lemon Pledge in the imp, overpowering Lemon Pledge on me... sorry guys, this stuff is awful.

Sniffed in imp: Sandalwood, cedar, lemongrass, and jasmine. Dry, woody floral. Grounding.

Wet: Huh. I amp cedar and yet I cannot detect any cedar in this. It's all LEMONY on my skin!

Dry: Almost lemongrass single note! Faint florals and patchouli. Not really getting any woods. A plastic note - exactly like a fresh plastic bag.

Later: The flowers are emerging more; a nice full rose, and slightly soapy jasmine. The patchouli as well - the sexy, earthy patchouli I like. Plastic amped.

Summary: Finally cedar emerges on my skin and takes over as usual. Still, that plastic note is just as strong, followed by lighter rose, soapy jasmine, soft patchouli and bright lemongrass. Strong throw.

The plastic thing was terrible. And then bully cedar came along, too. Not a friendly oil...

Edited by fairnymph

imp: sweet and astringent lemongrass.

wet: whoa! lemon overload. were there other notes in this blend? you wouldn't know it to sniff me, i smell like a big ol' lemondrop.

dry: a more herbal (perhaps it's the cedar) lemondrop.

It's very strong on the lemongrass, then come the roses, but only faintly.

I hardly catch any of the sandalwood, patch, or cedarwood, which I find sad :P

It's soft and soothing, but I wouldn't wear it often, it's too lemony, and somehow I'm no longer a lemony girl.

In the imp: Barest hint of Cedar. Warm and spicy.

Lemongrass appears front and center, but running through everything there is a strange sort of familiar pepperiness. I didn't look at/remember the notes in this before dabbing it on, and my impression was *pink pepper* - - even though I know this isn't in the list of notes. The Lemongrass takes the edge of the spice after twenty minutes or so, but it is still quite prominent.

Drydown is warm, comforting, but the pepper resembles cumin a bit right now. Not sure about this one. Wil retest in case my chemistry is messing things up, but for now it's a "don't think so".

Edited by Indig0

This starts out as intense, glorious lemongrass on me, with a tiny hint of rose and possibly sandalwood. After a while, though, it dries down into pencil shavings. I'm disappointed -- I was hoping this would be the cedar that works on me and that the lemongrass would stay strong. I wonder if it would work in a scent locket...

:P Wet, this is JASMINE, ZOMG, FREAKIN' JASMINE! (yup, the jasmine is shouting, that loud mouthed flower that it is). It does calm down a little, but this blend does stay pretty yellow. The lemongrass is next to show its head, keeping that yellow feel. There's a touch of powdery rose here too. I can't tell you what the dry down is like because I had to wash this off, the jasmine was just waaaaay too bad on me.

I have found a scent with rose in it that doesn't amp rose on me!

Unfortunately, it amped the lemongrass instead. Hee!

Usually, I amp rose. Usually, cedarwood, patchouli and sandalwood would all last on my skin.

This scent doesn't know about "usually" apparently, since the only note I could really tell was there was lemongrass.

It started off a strong golden lemongrass. Maybe there might have been some spices behind it. Maybe.

Eventually it dried down to lemongrass, with perhaps a little bit of spicyness from the patchouli and woods.

This is a frimp that I have put off testing as I wasn't sure about the scent from the bottle.

In The Bottle

Lemon and incense. Quite strong in the bottle.

On Application

Really stong lemon. Lemon just doesn't do it for me but this is quite nice. All of the elements seem to keep other pretty much in check. Still stong incense (the woods and patchouli) but not unpleasant.

The Drydown

This becomes really soft and nice. A lot of reviewers have mentioned the calming properties of this scent which I agree with. I won't be buying a bottle but I will use up the imp and perhaps get another one when that is gone.

Bottle that is gift from friend destashing what she did not like to me!

Bottle: Jasmine fighting with patchouli and cedarwood.

Wet on Me: Lemon! Lemon over woods!

Drying Down: More lemon, less woods. Barest trace

of Jasmine if I inhale very close and very deep.

Dry: Strong Lemon Cedarwood. Has a post rain

sharpness about it. Almost aquatic.

Throw/Stay: both are very good.

I like this one. Not sure what mood I might wear it for, but I like it!

This is very refreshing and meditative to me, even though I do not like lemongrass. It comes across as mostly lemongrass, cedar, and patchouli on my skin and it stays that way for the duration. There's a touch of dewy floral in there, too.

In the imp and wet: Lemon Furniture Polish. I want to like it because I love citrus but this just makes me feel like I need to clean stuff.

Dry: The lemon has calmed down and is quite nice now. I can also detect sandalwood and cedar. Happily it's not the dreaded Hamster Cage cedar either.

Overall, I could wear this. Or not.

This smells just like Murphys Oil Soap. This is the first bpal that made my eyes water and sneezing. Lemongrass maybe? Hmmm..... I'll definately have to figure that out. Maybe my chemistry is off, I'll have to try this again later.

Ya know when you walk into a Lush store and you're overwhelmed by the intense smell?That overbearing patchouli mixed with some citrus and musk?That what Namaste is to me...BUT it's not nearly as overwhelming and headache inducing as a trip to Lush so that's a plus.I've worn it to work acouple of times,it seems to keep me grounded during long days on my feet.

Had this one for a while and had the perfect thing to wear it to today -a Yoga for Peace event the local studio hosts. (It was outdoors, so I wasn't overpowering my fellow yogis.)

Wet, it was all sandalwood and cedarwood. As it dried down, it smelled stronly of incense and spices, which is odd, since nither of those things is listed as notes. Not what I was expecting, but still pretty nice.

In the bottle and wet, this is all lemongrass. I was debating washing it off immediately but I stuck it out and I'm so glad that I did. It mellowed considerably and the lemongrass moved to the background. On me, the jasmine and cedarwood really came out, making this a really nice woody floral. The patchouli hangs out in the background, lending a depth to this scent. Overall, I really like this, I just need to get through the first two to five minutes of lemongrass.

I could have sworn I smelled lavender in this one, and citrus. Well, I got the citrus right, and I get the jasmine wet, but not in the drydown. There is a touch of wood, must be the cedar. The lavender association is making me sleepy, so it may be a good bedtime blend to wear, but overall this isn't me.

In Ye Imp: Wowie-Zowie – Holy Lemon Drops! :P

Wet: Jeez, it’s even more lemony! I honestly can’t smell anything but lemon. I think I put too much on my wrists.

Drying: Ok, maybe there’s something else underneath, it’s getting a tiny bit woody…maybe…but the super lemon still prevails. Wait…is that a bit of floral poking though? Maybe not…it’s really hard to find anything in all this lemon. It smells exactly the way lemonheads candy tastes.

T minus 5 minutes. Ugh. I’m getting a headache. I was really expecting something different from this. My chemistry must really pump up the

lemon. Unfortunately the oil also seems to be irritating my neck, it’s burning a bit.

T minus 10 minutes. I keep thinking this is going to settle down, but it’s still all lemon and so strong.

T minus 15. I think I can smell some sandalwood. Maybe it’s just wishful thinking.

T minus 30. The lemon is starting to fade a smidge, but I still can’t smell much else – maybe a teeny bit of light sandalwood. Why, why why doesn’t this smell like incense on me?! Where is the patchouli, sandalwood & cedarwood? Those are some of my very, very favorite notes, so WHY do I only get lemon from this?

T minus one hour. I’m getting some rose now, the lemon has backed off all of a sudden.

T minus two hours and counting. Huh. This oil is exasperating! Now it’s all heavy, perfume-y rose, plus a bit of jasmine. The lemon is pretty much gone now.

Overall, I never got a single whiff of the patchouli or cedar, and I think I imagined the sandalwood. After the drydown, it's a very strong department-store-type-rose-floral. Not at all what I expected or wanted from this. This just does not agree with me. My skin feels irritated, I'm itchy, my tongue and ears burn and I have a headache...I wonder if I have a sensitively to lemongrass...I've worn all the other notes many times with no problems.

And MAN, this is strong! Usually my dry skin soaks up oil and shouts for more, but this is so strong that I’m going to go wash it off now…

…and continue the search for my perfect incense-y blend.