Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sarada

The scent of tea - BPAL's tea note, BPAL blends like your favorite tea

Does anyone have any recommendations for very definite-smelling green tea scents from BPAL?? I know it's used as a tiny note in a lot of other scents, but I'm looking for one that smells very strongly like delicious green tea matcha! Anyone know the goods? :) Would be much obliged! <3

I know it has chocolate in it, BUT - if you can track down a bottle of Milk Chocolate Matcha Green Tea Ganache I think you would love it. :)

If you're looking for the scent of real matcha, then you'll be sadly disappointed that Bpal hasn't come out with a blend that smells like that yet. (I've been waiting years for it.)

If you don't mind the lemony type green tea note, then the 4 strongest are:

Milk Chocolate Matcha Green Tea Ganache Truffle

Shanghai

Embalming Fluid

Phantasm

I found the Embalming Fluid and Phantasm to be too lemony for my taste, but the other two are just divine.

I'd love a real matcha note. Ehecatl is supposed to have matcha in it, but it gets drowned out by the lime (which I love, so it's ok ;) ) and the end is kind of a green floral musk on me, no tea at all.

Does anyone have any recommendations for very definite-smelling green tea scents from BPAL?? I know it's used as a tiny note in a lot of other scents, but I'm looking for one that smells very strongly like delicious green tea matcha! Anyone know the goods? :) Would be much obliged! <3

The most green-tea-ish one I have tried so far is Tweedledum, but yeah, I haven't found one that is quite the same as, say, my L'Occitane green tea scent. I shall keep looking and watching though. I HAVE FAITH. :lol:

Hi! I am a newbie to bpal....just got my first order in. I am looking for a vanilla mint tea scent....Dorian is Devine on me, I do not do well with honey scents, and incense reminds my hubs of his grandma :/ anyway.....any recommendations for vanilla sugar mint tea, or ginger, lavender, spa type scents?

Dorian is my favorite vanilla-y scent, my second-favorite is Boo 2010, which smells like sugary vanilla on me.

For vanilla sugar mint tea, you might want to try:

*Juke Joint (Bewitching Brews) - "A bawdy, gleefully wicked and unruly scent: Kentucky Bourbon, sugar and a sprig of mint."

Mostly like vanilla-sugar and mint, with the booze making it more of a beverage type scent.

For mint and lavender:

*Envy (Sin & Salvation) - "Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender."

*Pain (Diabolus) - "Wicked and vicious! A sharp, cruel blend of lavender and pennyroyal."

Spa-like:

*Cheshire Cat (Mad Tea Party) - "Grapefruit, red currant, dark musk, Roman chamomile, delphinium, and lavender." I get mostly sweet grapefruit and lavender from this.

*Kumiho (Diabolus) - "A sharp, biting blend of crisp white tea and ginger."

*Mag Mell (Wanderlust) - "The warmth of amber, the puissance of white ginger and the clarity of verbena, with fresh green grass, lush sage and cleansing droplets of summer rain."

Ginger:

*Shub-Niggurath (A Picnic in Arkham) - "A blend of ritual herbs and dark resins, shot through with three gingers and aphrodisiacal spices."

*Sudha Segara (Bewitching Brews) - "Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia."

No tea notes, but you might keep an eye out for any of the Yule Lick It series scents, which are minty vanilla yumminess!

For vanilla/mint with a slight green tea scent, I'm surprised no one has suggested Green Tree Viper, from the Carnival Diabolique section, yet. Snake oil with green tea and four mints, and it smells like a light vanilla/mint blend on me, since tea notes never survive contact with my skin.

There are definitely a lot of vanilla+mint blends, and Dorian is a good vanilla+tea one, but none that I can think of with all three... Maybe try layering? Green Tree Viper has a lot of mint, lots of vanilla, and then try adding Dorian to it?

For vanilla/mint with a slight green tea scent, I'm surprised no one has suggested Green Tree Viper, from the Carnival Diabolique section, yet. Snake oil with green tea and four mints, and it smells like a light vanilla/mint blend on me, since tea notes never survive contact with my skin.

this was totally going to be my suggestion!

Thanks yall! I am madly in lust with Dorian....it is .....amazing! I am trying to figure out what notes complement my skin. So far, i have tried about 20, with only really loving one. Carnal is cool, as is obatala. I ordered the star, cheshore cat, green tree viper...and a few more of of this suggestions list. Super excited!

I love Earl Grey tea with condensed milk - is there a similar BPAL scent?

I guess that Earl Grey is Bergamont, but I am not very good with naming the notes, so anything that smalls like tea and cream and sugar, yum!

Edited by ashleyhope

Not an earl grey tea, but have you tried White Rabbit or Dorian?

White Rabbit - Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

Dorian - Inspired by and created for my beloved Tedwin: my eternal, beautiful, wicked Dorian Gray. Refined, elegant, and lovely, with a noble bearing and seemingly gentle air. This blend is an artful deception: a sweet gilded blossom lying over a twisted and corrupted core. A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.

I personally LOVE white rabbit...I smell the pepper and ginger in the imp, but that does not come out on my skin. I get everything else though! The tea, the cream, honey, and linen. It's beautiful!

I've heard Dorian is also a Favorite. I have an IMP on the way to me of this, so I cann't comment on that one yet.

Also, it you can find a bottle- from another forumite - then you'd probably love Lilith's Tea Party! That's ALL tea and cream, all the time! ;)

Some great suggestions here. My tea-scent of choice is Baobhan Sith - Grapefruit, white tea, apple blossom and ginger. It's a very delicate fruity tea.

I was going to say White Rabbit, too! Also, The Soldier is very tea and cream (but also leather) in the bottle -- my skin turns it to root beer LOL. Theodosius is earl gray and vanilla but not cream. Severin has earl grey, too, but is not sweet at all. Also, if people have Dorian CTs, I've had a couple I love love love.

If you can track some down ( the carnival is down at the moment) but Theodosius the Legerdemain is probably the best earl grey scent I have smelled. It's a sweet sugared earl grey. Very strong on the tea scent.

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions - I have put all of those on my list - I have a few coming to me and I will try to track down the others in the for sale area (I am totally new and have nothing to swap yet).

Dorian is amazing. Teatime in Roswell (Earl Grey, biscuits, Battenberg cake, and strangely-glowing cucumber sandwiches) is my favorite tea and pastry scent.

Second.

I know there are quite a few bergamot scents in the catalog, but I'm blanking on it tonight.

I just had a thought: Boo! is still in the halloweeniies. you could try purchasing some and layering with a rtea base you like. This year's version is less whipped cream and more butter than the '09, but it might still work.

Edited by Gwydion

Il second White Rabbit; It really works for me, but I don't get much tea from it. Just cream, linen, and spicy pepper giving it a slightly debauched feel.

Alice is probably closest to what you are looking for, but I can't wear carnation so I can't personally recommend it.

Altough I love the smell of tea, many tea blends have given me spilting headaches, so I am warey :cry2: White Rabbit is one of teh few that plays nice on me.

Bergamot (the citrusy scent added to black tea to make it Early Grey) is a fairly common note in BPAL blends. Here's what I cam up with from my spreadsheet. The list is kinda long, but a small subset of the whole catalog. Hope it gives you some ideas.

General Catalog (most are impable)

RAPTURE (ARS AMATORIA) Sensual ecstasy, the blinding red fire of the apex of sexual pleasure: Moroccan rose, Sumatran rose, mandarin, Egyptian myrrh, night-blooming jasmine, bergamot and neroli thrust into Arabian musk.

APEROTOS EROS (ARS AMATORIA) Unloving love: benzoin, Indian musk, massoia bark, myrrh, ambrette seed, galbanum, bergamot, and fir.

CASANOVA (ARS AMATORIA) Who says librarians can’t be sexy? A rakish blend of leather, anise, lavender, bergamot and amber with tonka, lemon peel and lusty patchouli.

LIBERTINE (ARS AMATORIA) Rosewood and chamomile with bergamot, violet, red sandalwood, primrose and Arabian musk.

DESIRE (ARS AMATORIA) The overwhelming agony of passion crystallized into a singularly dark and magnetic blend: bittersweet neroli, black patchouli and black musk, gilded by apple, bergamot, blood red rose, teak, and vanilla.

FAE (BEWITCHING BREWS) A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

WILDE (BEWITCHING BREWS) A sophisticated traditional gentleman's cologne, with just the slightest taint of patchouli's passion, tonka bean's decadence, the philanthropy of bergamot, moss' cynicism, the sharp wit of lavender, and the hopeless romantic longing of jasmine and thyme.

ZEPHYR (BEWITCHING BREWS) Lemon, lemon verbena, neroli, white musk, white florals, white sandalwood, China musk, bergamot and a drop of vanilla.

MEGAERA (EXCOLO: THE KINDLY ONES) Orris, black amber, bergamot, plum and grapefruit.

HIMERUS (EXCOLO) A passion-rousing blend of juniper, sandalwood, rosewood, red musk, orchid, bergamot and lilac.

CROQUET (MAD TEA PARTY) We have some trouble managing our flamingos, too. Pink lime, pink grapefruit, white nectarine, wild rose, sage, woody patchouli, bergamot, and ornery hedgehog musk.

SNOOTY ROSE (MAD TEA PARTY: GARDEN OF LIVE FLOWERS) Red rose, oud, plum, bergamot, and red sandalwood

THE CATERPILLAR (MAD TEA PARTY) Heavy incense notes waft lazily through a mix of carnation, jasmine, bergamot, and neroli over a lush bed of dark mosses, iris blossom, deep patchouli and indolent vetiver.

TITUS ANDRONICUS (ILLYRIA) Dark musk and black amber with frankincense, red sandalwood, neroli and bergamot.

ALICE (MAD TEA PARTY) Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.

OBERON (ILLYRIA) Orchid, white musk, and bergamot wafting over juniper berries, with a gentle touch of soft, earthy patchouli.

ARKHAM (PICNIC IN ARKHAM) A shadowy, unapproachable forest of maple, birch, dogwood, cypress and pine softened by a garland of New England wildflowers: bergamot, columbine, rue anemone, blue violet, creeping phlox, bloodroot, toadflax, and pixie moss.

Y'HA-NTHLEI (PICNIC IN ARKHAM) A swirling, lightless, effervescent scent: the deepest marine notes with bergamot, eucalyptus and foamy ambergris.

BAGHDAD (WANDERLUST) Amber, saffron and bergamot with mandarin, nutmeg, Bulgar rose, musk and sandalwood.

MOSCOW (WANDERLUST) A rich, bold blend of imperial rose, carnation, lush jasmine, lily of the valley, dark musk, amber, bergamot and gilded tangerine.

URUK (WANDERLUST) Thick bitter almond and heady night-blooming jasmine with saffron, cinnamon leaf, red patchouli, river lilies, bergamot, fig leaf and the sacred incense of Inanna.

THE BUTTERFLY (THE LAST UNICORN) Fuzzy brown tonka bean, golden amber, bergamot, and petitgrain.

BETTE NOIR (IRREDEEMABLE) Benzoin, wild plum, smoky amber, bergamot, orange blossom, myrrh, and dark berries.

THE HARPY CELAENO (THE LAST UNICORN) Clanging metal, smouldering hatred, and terror: vetiver, myrrh, patchouli, tolu balsam, black clove, bergamot, orange flower, and horseradish.

ANESTHESIA (NG: NEVERWHERE ) A scent that slips through the cracks: peppermint, lavender, bergamot, and mandrake.

PEPPER (NG: GOOD OMENS) Wild English roses, French gardenia, vanilla, honey, golden ginger, blood orange, pine resin, pink pepper, crushed berries, tuberose, bergamot, and geranium.

SPIDER (NG: ANANSI BOYS) White ginger, artemesia, vetiver, nutmeg, King mandarin, bergamot, and lime.

LULU (DISTRICT) Tobacco flower, white gardenia, bergamot, and bourbon geranium.

Limited editions or not currently available:

THE SEASON OF GHOSTS (YULE) A scent created to burn away sorrow: bergamot, frankincense, rose geranium, ginger, lemongrass, and blood orange.

THE GLITTERING APPLE OF THE STARS (HALLOWEENIE: APPLES 2011) Heirloom Malus, ylang ylang, white and blue musks, crystallized vanilla, tiare, frangipani, and bergamot.

THE SHADOWY AND THE SUBLIME (HALLOWEEN: GOTHIC FICTION, VOLUME 1) A sudden and shocking insight into the vast, ineffable, overwhelming power of Nature, stirred by a vision or experience of perfected beauty and perfected terror, that changes the soul irretrievably. An epiphany: Moroccan amber, wisteria, ambergris accord, white rose, magnolia, white mint, angelica, bergamot, and myrrh.

THE SMILIN' SERVITORS' HYPERDIMENSIONAL HOLIDAY HITS (YULE 2009: MISKATONIC VALLEY FAIRE) A discordant scent, silvery and strange like a lunatic's tinsel garland: freesia, eucalyptus, and yuzu, with sicilian lemon, massoia, opoponax, night-blooming jasmine, white bergamot, and copaiba oleoresin.

COPULATING MICE (LUPERCALIA: Shunga) Bergamot, clove, hazelnut, pecan, lavender, tonka, and thyme.

KHRYSOPÊLÊX (Lupe: Ode to Mars) Helmed in Gold Caraway, amber, saffron, bergamot, and neroli.

OKAYAKI (Lupe: Shungas Olive blossom, cardamom pod, amber, morning star lily, bergamot, and a well-aimed snowball.

THE ZOOM (PICKMAN GALLERY: SEEKING THE SEEKIM I) Lime juice, bergamot, Himalayan cedarwood, helichrysum, and dragon’s blood resin.

DONNA CON VENTAGLIO (RAINN SALON) A white chypre with bergamot, rose otto, ylang ylang, tonka absolute, lotus root, blood orange, white fig, rock rose, mate, and violet leaf.

THE WHITE LADY OF DURAND-EASTMAN PARK (NYCC LIMITED EDITION) Bittersweet and ethereal: bergamot, cacao, white tea, jasmine bud, narcissus, and tobacco flower.

13: August 2010 (13) A base of bitter dark chocolate with thirteen baneful and beneficial bits including pimento berry, pink pepper, tolu balsam, bergamot, golden honey, tobacco absolute, champaca flower, and paprika.

IDES OF MARCH 2010: A mixture of springtime greenery and classical Roman cologne: dark musk, spikenard, bergamot, lemon rind and vervain with costus, benzoin, gray amber, cardamom, and white narcissus.

GREEN TREE VIPER (CARNAVAL DIABOLIQUE: ACT III - SNAKE PIT) Snake Oil with four mints, bergamot, and green tea.

TRANSEO (VILF) GA cologne that (almost) blends well into human society: benzoin, orange blossom, cumin, King mandarin, gaiac wood, juniper berry, Calabrian bergamot, Ceylon cinnamon, and blood camouflaged by wine.

FAIZA, THE BLACK MAMBA (CARNAVAL DIABOLIQUE: ACT III) A sensual blend of twisting, exotic, serpentine oils: black amber, caraway, oakmoss, green sandalwood, bergamot, jasmine sambac, gardenia, orange pulp, vanilla, blackberry, black musk, white honey, ti leaf, and ginger.

MARIANNE (CARNAVAL DIABOLIQUE: ACT IV - LADIES OF GRINDHOUSE) Red musk, bergamot, black currant, mimosa, orchid, patchouli, and lotus root.

MARCILLA (CARNAVAL DIABOLIQUE: ACT IV - LADIES OF GRINDHOUSE) Blue lilac, lily of the valley, golden musk, beeswax, white ginger, bergamot, green tea, and nectarine.