Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
MissAnthropy

Chuparosa

The Hummingbird of Love, the Rose Sucker. A potent, benevolent, merciful love blend.

In the vial, this scent seemed familiar but I couldn't pin in down, but then I put it on my skin and whammo I got hit with a scent memory. :D

On me it smells like beautiful fresh plumerias. I remember when I was young and May Day would come around, we would go out to pick white/yellow plumerias and string them into leis. Then the leis would get popped into the refrigerator to be brought out the next day for whatever occasion. This perfume smells exactly like the moment when you pull the plumeria lei out of the bag all cool and fresh and lovely.

Loooove this!

eta: scent description Edited by Shollin

Slightly spicy and floral in the bottle and very, very sweet on my skin wet - so sweet it was almost overpowering at first. However, it dried to a lovely rose and honeysuckle scent that had just a hint of spice to it. The bf likes this one and so do I.

A sweet, fresh honeysuckle scent to my nose.

On my skin, this is a rose/honeysuckle blend. Sweet and fresh and airy.

It dries less airy, and more rich-also more rosey-thankfully the rose doesn't go off or sour on my skin, which sometimes happens.

This is a very sweet blend-not sweet sugary, sweet like aww cute! sweet. Young and fresh and pretty with a touch of spice somewhere in there. Not really for me, but a very pleasant blend.

Huh, this is quite faint on me. A hint of green and something almost spicy? It seems so.... blank. Weird.

Frimp from the Lab! Sadly I have no romantic interest, either standing or potential, to use this on, but I'll try it anyway, maybe pass it onto my mother, who of course has dad and loves florals and hummingbirds.

In the imp - a heady bouquet of fresh summer flowers. Very pretty!

On wet - Holy flowers, Batman! Oh yes, there's more where that came from. Flowers upon flowers! This is amazingly intense. Not necessarily for me, but this is one of those great punch-you-in-the-face-with-scent oils :D

Drydown - this just keeps going. Lots of rose, lots of florals I can't quite idenitfy (I'm awful with idenitfying floral smells, so sorry). Nice, but passing it on.

No good on me at all. First on, very sweet, wet florals. I was thinking if the sweetness backed off a bit, it could become nice. Unfortunately, as time passed the sweetness did fade, but was replaced by something gag-inducing. I had to scrub it off.

Rose predominates, rather appropriately, along with other floral scents; it's very much like being in a large garden where all of the perfectly-tended flowers have burst into succulent bloom. I imagine this is a bit what life would smell like to a hummingbird, flitting from one sugar-filled trumpet flower to another. And, of course, having rose in it, this goes and goes and goes and goes and goes, for like ever. Pretty, and mercifully not obnoxious.

imp: sort of a woodsy rose.

wet: this is one of the sourest rose scents i've ever tried. but i expected it so i'm not too disappointed...

dry: unfortunately, as almost all rose scents seem to do, this dries soapy-sour on my skin. darn.

I don't like rose scents, but this is the best one I've smelled from the lab. It smells like fresh roses that have just been rained on. It's really lush and moist, and if I did enjoy floral scents for perfume I'd wear this. I'm keeping the imp to use as a room scent/linen spray.

Playtex scented tampons. I really can't get past the reference right now. It's a soft, powdery, rosy scent...with a little spice, I get the spice and I know, I know, I could train my nose and learn to like it because it is so darn likable. It's fresh. It's wearable. It's lovely. It just reminds me of my first periods. Sorry.

Wet, this smells like nectar, though I can't say why I get that association, as I've never smelled nectar before. It reminds me of something a hummingbird would feed on, I guess. The floral is very pretty, kind of like jasmine, but not as strong. It doesn't really smell like rose to me, or not the typical bpal rose. This is sweet, and damp, if that makes sense. It is a little too florally sweet for me, but it is a cheerful scent that I'm sure I'll use up.

I love this!

When I opened the imp, I thought 'hmmm, jasmine', but on it is much more rose- very fresh and sweet, not soapy. I think there's a bit of lily there too, because it reminds me of sniffing the lilies during Easter at church. It's absolutely wonderful, very floral but not obnoxiously old-lady or aggressive. I think there's definitely some honey that comes out on the drydown and keeps everything sweet and together.

I've been wanting to try this one for a while. I do like my florals :)

In the imp: Ok- this has the same plasticky-green-windexy note that didn't work for me in 'come to me'.

On my skin, it somehow smells a little more 'fresh' than what I normally go for- sort of an herby/weird/sneeze inducing thing. On me this is not unlike bath and body work's butterfly flower, which I liked but also gave me a headache.

After about five minutes a sweet, pretty floral scent starts coming out, so I'm glad I didn't wash it off right away. It's pink, somehow, and a little aquatic. Maybe some lily of the valley in here, but I can't detect any rose. It gets more warm and more feminine.

Again, I'm not a fan of the fake flower/plastic note but i have a sneaking suspicion this will change and improve as it ages and do that lovely honeyed floral thing that 'follow me, boy' does. I'm going to re-test in a month or so.

:)

A really weeeiiiirrrd thing happened with this one. When I bought this, I first opened it up, and it smelled like windex, on and off. :eek:

Not super. I put it aside for two months, and re-tried- an all of a sudden it was luscious honey/roses/cinnamon/honeysuckle herbaly goodness. What happened in those two months? I'm not sure- I guess the mojo started working.

I gave it to my mom to see if the love magic works for her. Here's hoping! :)

This was a lab frimp from my most recent order.

Bottle: It smelled lightly floral, roses and something playful.

Wet: I was assaulted by a green, crushed-leaf smell as well as the multifloral rose (thorny!). It was unsettling, really.

Dry: I can't get over the fact that this smells like a funeral to me, that the roses and the foliage have a rottenness just underneath. Maybe this is lillies?

I will try it again just to make sure that it isn't my hormones playing tricks but this one is very, very strong on me and not very pleasing. I am sure that people can smell me blocks away and I am sure that I reek like a corpse. :sick:

very wow! scent! to begin with, even with just a quick swipe to test it. a very green scent with a nice floral punch, calms down pretty quick to soft green rose and some other flower with a touch of something spicy in the background. not bad for a rose scent!

In the imp and fresh on: Ew, rose.

Drydown: The rose drops back into a more generalized floral/green, with just a hint of something spicy (carnation, maybe).

Long-term: The rose keeps fading back, and the rest fades more slowly; by the end of the day it's fairly ordinary as floral scents go. Staying power is average; after 10 hours, it's still noticeable on my wrists but most of the throw is gone.

Bottom line: Not unpleasant after the first couple of minutes, but not the sort of thing I tend to wear. Swap pile for this one.

Ugh I don't like this scent at all. I like the rose but there is a green salad-dressing-like note in here that's almost certainly lotus. Headache city for me.

This smells like 100% rose. Years ago when I was a teenager I made my own rose petal extract to douse myself with, and Chuparosa smells exactly like that. It's not a bad smell, but it's too much rose for me.

This is far and away my fav BPAL! Hanysuckle, Jasmine, Gardenia, Carnation, Rose stems, and banana peel are what I smell. Very green and humid flowers that change in a beautiful swirl on my skin. For some reason lots of BPAL turns to powder, soap, perfume counter, or candle but this frimp made me think other things I smelled after it were good because they were near it. I hated the name, but had to buy a bottle.

Edited by somacat

ITI: Oh yeah, that's fresh, dewy rose with a little green in there. It's a light green, like grass.

Wet: That's very much grass to my nose with rose and perhaps honeysuckle. It's pleasant, but it is rather green and floral.

Dry: It stays pretty consistent here. I'm still getting grass, rose, and the lighter floral of honeysuckle.