Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
MissAnthropy

Chuparosa

The Hummingbird of Love, the Rose Sucker. A potent, benevolent, merciful love blend.

I like this one--spicy floral. I'm not so hot at picking out notes, but I'd definitely believe that it had rose, cinnamon, and something more on the herbal side of things. Some people around me have said that it smells a bit like shampoo--not necessarily a bad thing. I'm a bit hesitant to randomly wear it because of the love-oil aspect but it is a scent that is clean and soothing without being boring.

As it dries a touch of something spicy like cinammon finds it's way in. I had to wear this mutliple times to be sure the spice smelled like that. I wasn't expecting spice, honestly, so it was a suprise to wear.

I got the same cinammon scent from this lovely fragrance. I don't smell the rose as much as I thought (and hoped). Still, it IS a very pretty and summery type scent. The stronger, spicy scent keeps it from being a "spring time" scent, at least in my mind. So far, good throw.

But wait, what is happening? I seem to be having some kind of funky reaction to this one. My skin is starting to itch and I can see "red" where I applied it.

Holy Shit! My neck is a HUGE red whelp and where I applied it to my arms, the same. I have NEVER had a reaction to a BPAL oil before like this. If anybody else has, or has any ideas about this, PLEASE PM me. It may be a particuliar note I am allergic to????? WOW...not nice at all... :P

It has cinnamon, and is starting to make my skin tingle a bit. Not that I can smell the cinnamon! This doesn't happen with many blends, but I guess Chuparosa is special. I really want to keep typing Chupa Chups :P.

It smells like light floral notes with something tangy. It's okay, but not really me.

In the bottle: Slightly sweet, gentle florals - maybe honeysuckle and rose - with a strong current of spicy cinnamon. A golden oil.

Wet: Goes powdery almost instantly, which makes me suspect jasmine, thought it's hard to detect under the intense spicy heat of the cinnamon. Rose usually amps on me, but not with my bullying nemeses jasmine and cinnamon!

Dry: Red hot, candied cinnamon, powdery jasmine, faint rose and some honeysuckle, perhaps actual honey, too. The cinnamon in this forced me to the sink immediately.

Summary: Sweet, very spicy-hot, powdery floral.

I've had this imp for a while now, and I remembered it is as being very floral. I put it on today and it is all cinnamon. Relatively light cinnamon, and rather sweet.

Florals seem to have vanished completely! I'm sure they were there before... At least it isn't making my skin go red like cinnamon usually does.

Warm and cinnamony. This reminds me a bit of Harlot, with the cinnamon and something rosey in the mix too. But there's something else floral in here that's giving it a distinct whiff of soap. So, FAIL.

In the vial: Something floral, something spicy-sweet. Not at all what I expected from the forum topic.

Wet: Very sweet floral cut with something very spicy.

One hour: A while back this was hugely intense on me, very sweet, very spicy (almost like a cinnamon flower). Now it's gone suddenly very subtle. It's still quite sweet, but I can't make out what floral is involved. Definitely not gardenia, and it's not quite like honeysuckle either. Maybe freesias?

Three hours: Still a very fragrant nectareous flower, but subtle. I will definitely keep this one.

Definitely a sweet floral and a spice that smells quite a bit like cinnamon. Maybe it's more than one floral? It kind of smells like rose or peony but also a touch like honeysuckle (?) . I actually really like it. I can always use a little more love in my life so we'll see how it works. :P

I'm pleasantly surprised by this - it's a very light spicy blend with a hint of floral. And spices, I mean cinnamon and allspice and whatever it is that is in Bengal. It's like a floral Bengal. After two hours however, the spices are gone and I get a sweet rosy blend.

I like it on wet, but dry, it kinda gives me a headache. :/

I hate leaving these kinds of reviews, but all I can muster is:

Cinnamon rose soap. Gross.

I just can't do the sickly sweet cinnamon thing. Too many stupid nights in my college days with that dreadful beastie known as Goldschlager. Yech.

I bought a pretty "old" ( = aged ) cobald bottle of this one..

And its sooo strange.

I put it on - and suddenly I was 14 years old again.

I remembered my favorite shampoo I used when I was 14,

which was a very hard and difficult time for me..

the shampoo smelled exactly like Chuparosa does on me.

I hardly smell any rose nor cinnamon - I smell viola,

pure and just blooming viola... :eek:

It actually gave me goosebumples,

because the memory it brought back was so strong.

Its a bit spicey, alltho I can´t pick out any spices in particular,

and this lovely viola ( pansy ? ) note.

I quite like it,

but I don´t think I should trigger myself with this scent too often... :eek:

Cinnamon and rose. An interesting combination. It winds up being all rose and something green. It burns off quickly....Okay for a light floral but not a me all the time deal...

Wow, this is a hot tropical floral! Heavy thick petals of something. Sometimes it gets a little salty.

hello CINNAMON!!

i dont smell anything else...no florals...nothing...

i feel i just bought a bottle of cinnamon bark essential oil...this stuff is potent.

overall: no...this is too holiday'ish for me.

Someone sent me an imp along with a purchase - thanks! All I get off it is a strong & long-lasting honeysuckle, but that is fine by me. Might have to do a 5ml when I get paid.

Question: I don't know how old this imp is, so does anyone have anything to say about aged Chuparosa vs. new Chuparosa?

rose...and something else that's also very floral

it's very light and its not something i would normally wear.

I was kind of expecting roses and cinnamon, having read all the reviews. What do I get??

Lush Aqua Marina cleansing roll. Exactly the same. It took me hours to work out why it was so familiar but it is the same. I can't comment as to the effects, but I'm not keen on the smell as perfume. For a face cleanser, it's fine.

ETA, I have since come into contact with a second imp of Chuparosa, and it is much more pleasant, a watery rose, but no cinnamon...where's my cinnamon?? I would actually wear this now. the first must've been a bit of a funny imp maybe.

Edited by cinnamonmel

Thank goodness for imps because I would not have tried this otherwise. It is so pretty, it smells a little bit like L'Interdit to me and a little bit like White Shoulders and a little bit like candy.

I get: Hyacynth, lilac, honeysuckle, and green stuff with some tiny bit of red-hot type cinnamon and a strange metalic undertone.

I have ordered a bottle, even though I was a little disappointed to find almost no one listing rose since I thought I'd perhaps found a rose scent I liked... obviously because it was um... rather non-rosy.

Got this as a frimp with my last order, and am so very excited. ^_^ I've mentioned before that I amp rose like mad. The same is true in this case except...it doesn't smell like rose perfume. It smells like an actual rose. :wub2: I didn't believe my nose at first. I think it's because it's so green... I'm sure there are other floral scents in there, but they do not show up on me. For once, this is not a curse...this has to be the most lovely rose scent I've ever encountered (not attached to a stem anyway). I am picturing a bright yellow and light pink bouquet. Definitely on the list for my next order...I can smell like fresh rose petals, without it turning awful and cloying! Yay! :dance:

Chuparosa and I have crossed paths several times over the years, so it's probably time to review it, eh? It's a pretty scent. It's very floral at first--lily, rose, honeysuckle--but dries down to a pleasant spicy-floral, like a fresh pink carnation.

All I can say is OH MY GOD ROSES. There might be other scents in here, but they are utterly smothered by the roses in this blend. I've heard a lot of people mention cinnamon, but I honestly don't smell it at all on me, wet or dry. Floral scents aren't really my thing so I'm pretty sure this isn't one I'd choose for myself, but most other people who smelled it loved it. If you like the smell of roses, I would definitely recommend them. While the rose scent is strong, it's also very gentle. There's no way to ignore it, but it isn't overpowering.

In the imp: WHOA, rose. Hello there.

Wet: Smells more of honeysuckle now, but it's not really doing anything for me. It's very sweet though! Rose petals are floating around in the background. There's a bit of a green note there too.

Dry: Very sweet and candy-like. I like it a bit better now it's calmed down a bit!

Imp: Honeysuckle, possibly jasmine and... ?? There is a floral in here that I recognize but can't name. Gardenia perhaps? Something thick and tropical. Bit of spice.

Wet: Strong honeysuckle and a faint hint of spice. Maybe a touch of rose?

Dry: This is quite pretty. A swirl of light flowers and a touch of something a little animalistic. Not in your face but also not completely innocent. Coy, perhaps. This is a coy scent. Maybe tuberose? There's a certain waxiness/creaminess present here.

Throw: Moderate.

Overall: The world needs more love, yo. This is a pretty blend and the sort of floral blend I love but seem to lack in my scent wardrobe. Chuparosa is a winner. Even if every time I look at the name I think "Chupacabra."

ETA: This reminds me strongly of Sundew without that citrus sweetness. There is even a similar white floral note in both that I can't place in any other scent. If you like Chuparosa but are leery of wearing the Voodoo blends, definitely check out Sundew.

Edited by paperrose

Chuparosa

I ADORE this scent. It is my all time (so far) favourite sexy scent. I only wear it on SPECIAL occasions. And as for its properties? AMAZING. I feel totally loved up when I wear it. Gooooood things happen in the bedroom. But its not a kinky scent--oh no, far from it. This is, as promised, a love blend.

I am really at a loss to describe the scent though. Tuberose is the main thing that springs to mind.

Weirdly enough, I can't smell Chuparosa in the vial--like, not at all. When it's on me, though it smells like fresh cut roses. Exactly like the kind you'd buy at a florist, fresh green stems and sap, sharp rose scent. It's literally the most realistic rose I have ever smelled. I get cinnamon eventually, but it's very faint in the background, and the ghost of honeysuckle. The rose is the real star of the show, though. It smells beautiful.

This one was a total surprise. Big bottle, definitely. *swoon*