Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
MissAnthropy

Chuparosa

The Hummingbird of Love, the Rose Sucker. A potent, benevolent, merciful love blend.

In the imp:
Florals. I'm not very good at picking up smells from within the imp, but I'd be tempted to say rose since this is "the rose sucker".

Wet:
Honeysuckle, but it seems like it might have some thing spicy underneath it, something like cloves. The spice goes away within about 5 minutes, and this starts to take on the soapy (but pleasant) smell I get from Come To Me. I remember that I thought I smelled honeysuckle with that one initially, too, so I am guessing that the two blends have similar notes. Maybe the honeysuckle note is what goes sopay on me, but it's not a bad soapy, it's a high-quality luxurious soap type of soapy.

Dry:
Unlike Come To Me, which retains a very "clean" (and still soapy) scent at drydown, this seems to dry down to rose on me. There is still an element of that soapy note, but I liked that smell in Come To Me and I like it in this one, too. I will have to give it some time to determine whether its stated effects seem to be appearing, but it definitely smells pretty.

Edited to Add:
I did feel nice and calm, and rather lovey today when I wore this. Also, after about an hour this smelled almost like pure rose on me, and it was gorgeous. For such a light floral, it does seem to have good staying power, and it got the husband seal of approval.

I must be the only person here who has actually liked every single Voodoo Blend she has tried. Looks like another full-bottle purchase will be in my near future. Edited by Shollin

As soon as I put this on, I can smell roses and some other very crisp and almost green floral notes. It’s even a little spicy, but in more of a flowery than cinnamon way. This scent is very complex and doesn’t morph much on my skin.

It’s very pretty without being overly perfume-y as well, which I’m always afraid of with floral blends that I don’t know the specific notes of. I definitely need a big bottle of this!

Trying this out with a recently enabled ItGlitters, we both thought, "Hey, roses with watery notes, yay!"

She put some on me. I sniffed it. Mmmm, delicate rose and cinnamon.

She put some on her. She sniffed it and made a face. I laughed. "What? You love rose!"

"I like the rose, it's just...butter."

"It's what?"

"Rancid butter."

"It is not." I lean forward and sniff it. "Huh. You smell like roses dipped in rancid butter. Here. Smell me."

I still smell like rose with just a touch of cinnamon. It's quite lovely, actually. ItGlitters had to wash hers off because it was making her ill.

I've worn this a couple of times now (this imp seems to stalk me!) and prior to today it's been all roses all the time. Today it's a spicy floral but not anything like a carnation. It's like roses touched with cinnamon and a bit of a green note. I like this variation a lot.

There is definitely some spice to this one along with the flowers. It’s like cinnamon or some such mingled with rose or carnation. It melds down into a very subtly floral but more skin scent. I can’t say anything to the voodoo properties yet but I can definitely see myself wearing this one.

Rating: 3.5/5

Chuparosa

Hot hearts candy with floral undertones. This feels like Valentine's Day, chewing on candies while sniffing flowers from your sweetheart. I'm finding this pleasant. I'm picky with florals, but quite fond of spicy notes. I'm thinking this is a winning combination for me.

[ 4 - Really Like ]

for the record, i am NOT a fan of florals...

in the bottle: rose! but not....that cheap perfume rose scent, more like an actual rose

wet: still mostly the same thing, there's a deeper scent to it though...spice that really accents the rose is a wonderful way

dry: a really nice blend of mostly rose but with that spicey center that plays nicely with the floral.

verdict: 3 out of 5 i'm not a florals fan, but even i enjoyed wearing this. not an everyday scent though.

Initial Impression: green floral, spice

On Wet: honeysuckle, rose, hint of spice

On Dry: roses, hint of spice

Final Impression: quite pretty. Beth makes the only roses that work on me and bless her for that. I forgot to try this out when I was actually going somewhere, so I have no idea if this works or not but I don't think I really care.

Rating (on a scale of 1-5): 3.5

A soft flower, maybe honeysuckle, but with really intense cinnamon that sometimes brings up a rash on my skin. In spite of the spicy cinnamon (not usually a hit with me) I do really like the fragrance and prefer this one to anoint candles with.

There is something really sweet but slightly spicy too. I'm definitely getting honeysuckle. It reminds me of something my mom had; a soap of some kind.

On its just pure honeysuckle but its so pretty! I love that its sweet but not cloying and there is something spicy in there keeping it that way. Is that clover? I recognize it from Enraged Bunny Musk but this doesn't have the itchy burn from the cinnamon. I think there's a bit of lemon in there too or at least something that smells lemony on me. And yet its also a bit clean and soapy like it might have something else in there too. Overall it stays really true and is a great springy blend. I think this would be lovely to wear during the day in the spring. I may have to get a bottle!

Oh and I tried this at home so I don't know if it worked in a practical sense. :P

I'm glad I read the reviews here and saw that some people smelled something spicy, if only for a few minutes. That's what happened to me, although for the most part in all stages it's floral and mostly pretty faint. And a tiny bit soapy, but that's not uncommon for florals on me. It's a nice floral, but I don't wear it particularly well, unfortunately. :P I do better when florals are supporting cast, not the main characters.

Well, we didn't get anything spicy at all.

Kalirren: Baby lotion? Baby lotion! Good baby lotion, but still. Disappears really fast.

Octopod: SOAP! FLOWERS! Guest-room rose-scented soap, like you’d find in seaside trinket shops. Eventually turns into a really well-made French rose soap I used to have, but still...it's soap.

Bottle: Rose!Rose!Rose!

Wet: Very rose, but with the stem attached, there's some greenery.

Drydown: Kinda soapy. Urgh, why don't I like rose?

2.0 outta 5

In the imp: Honey and rose. Yum!

Wet: The notes are much harder to pick when on the skin.

Dry: As it dries the rose becomes a bit more prominant, and smells like Tea Rose. Honeysuckle makes an appearance, which gives it a very 'nectar-ish' smell.

Verdict: I think the description is perfect - a pair of hummingbirds fluttering around a delicate bouquet, in a complete 'love bubble' and unaware of the world around them. Definitely a keeper! :P

I thought this one would smell mainly like roses, given the name, but it doesn't. It smells spicy to me. Red. Maybe it's cinnamon. There are probably some floral notes in there too, but to be honest I can't smell a whole lot under the spice.

Also I never want to wear this oil because of the name. I know, I know, I'm a dumbass. But whenever I see the name on the imp label for some reason I think "chupacabra" and I'm sort of repelled.

In the bottle: Floral. Maybe honeysuckle, lily, and violet? Smells like pollen and early spring flowers. Wet: Almost boozy. Same floral as before with more rose in it. Maybe a touch of vanilla or honey. It's surprisingly nice for a floral, bright and fresh and complex. Dry: Fades fast, which is a shame as it's not bad for a floral.

This was a frimp from a seller, and since I'd never heard to it and it has no listed notes, it came to me without preconceptions except for a general wariness of everything rose.

In the vial/On me/In the air/Everywhere: I've never tested a blend that was so steadily unmorphing. Chuparosa changes not a bit for me from vial to skin to anywhere else. The scent is incredibly familiar, but I can't quite name it. The closest I can get is a pure, distinct sharp green bright pink rose, like a bright full pink rose just freshly cut from the bush, the green stem still leaking sap. It's not cloying or heady, but it is overwhelming because it is so strong. Just touching the closed vial makes my hands smell like Chuparosa. Wearing it, the scent pervades the whole room.

Chuparosa feels to me like a very enthusiastic young lover: HELLO I AM CHUPAROSA! NICE TO MEET YOU! I swear, this blend talks in all caps. With exclamation points.

It's not bad, precisely, but I do feel the urge to wrap it in plastic and shove it in a sock to muffle it a bit.

Verdict: This is not for me, and I'm a bit hesitant about giving it to someone else, just in case it is as loud to them as it is to me. Most of the people I mail my rejects to are newbies or non-BPALers that I'm trying to enable, and I wouldn't want to scare them off. The scent isn't unpleasant, it doesn't morph, it's not remarkably complex, but it is very bright! green! pink! rose! and lacks any sense of subtlety. I'd never wear it. I also can't speak for it's voodoo/magic use, except that potent it certainly is.

In the imp: Floral, soft and pretty

Wet: Flowery still but a little spicy too

Dry: Barely there- very spicy now but very understated and quiet.

From the imp is a fresh but spicy tea-rose (ish). The scent, if scents can have feelings, feels sticky.

On wet, it is very much the same, but the sticky and the spicy become more pronounced. Very nice, but I'm not swooning with joy yet. I would, I really would, love to but...

...rose does it's thing, perverting itself and amping to unbearable degrees on my skin. Merciful indeed. Hmph. :P

Yeah, well, I wasn't really into this whole 'love' business anyway...

This is a soapy floral on me. I can understand the clove and spice comparisons, although I am instead sensing the spiciness of carnation. It's got the saponified air of plumeria. I understand the references to rose, honeysuckle, and clove, but to my nose, whatever's in here makes me think of carnation and plumeria.

It's pretty, but I'm not sure it's a winner with my chemistry - it's awfully soapy.

3.4 out of 5

In the imp: something vaguely floral, but not particularly rosy. A little bit soapy.

Wet: the roses are coming out, but are very quickly being overtaken by a strong cinnamon-y candy scent. Someone said it smelled like red hots; that's pretty dead on. The roses are fading in and out while the cinnamon remains strong. Cinnamon doesn't really work on me though, and I'm not a fan so it drowning out the rose is not a good sign.

This is also the first BP blend I've ever worn that's irritating my skin. It's not horrible/wash it off NOW but it's mildly itching and burning. I've had some blends make my eyes water and nose run, but this is the first time I've actually had a skin reaction.

OTOH, I've got my period now, so that might be affecting the way Chuparosa's working on me. I'll give it another try once I'm off, because I really wanted to like this one and roses are usually fantastic on me. Oh well.

:P This has joined my big bottle list.

In the bottle: Rooose. I can practically see the little buds hiding in there.

Wet: There is no rose, at all. It's just honeysuckle. It's very golden and warm and comforting.

Drydown: Honeysuckle with cinnamon and some other floral-y note I can't place. It's a skin scent you have to lean in to smell. It's lovely.

This scent always makes me happy when I slather in it. Definitely a 4 out of 4.

It's springtime, so I'm all for floral, clean, fresh scents. Chuparosa fits that bill for me. Initially, I got very little rose, just a lot of clean soap. After about half an hour, it's still soapy, but I can smell the rose. It also has some aquatic notes to it, not sure what exactly. I like this. I do believe it's bottle worthy!

This is one of the few blends I've liked thus far that is floral... I know its because my skin is really highlighting the spicy undercurrents in it... on me it smells like a flower garden, with bundles of cinnamon jammed in between every few plants. I love it!