Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
amaltheagray

Clove discussion! including bitter clove and clove cigarettes

I'm also a clove freak. My favorites with clove:

Blood: pretty equal mix of clove and cherry on me

Three Witches:mmmm

Sybaris: oh how I love thee

I have wrath and Ingenue but haven't tried them yet.

I couldn't smell clove at all in Blood Kiss, Malice, or Voodoo; and barely in Phantom Queen and Seraglio.

Does Kabuki even have clove in it? I don't think it does. But that was WAY sacchrine sweet on me anyway.

Actually, you might want to try Bathsheba. It's a gorgeous scent. Once it dries, it becomes this lush, warm, clove scent. The green carnation scent is pretty fleeting.

March Hare is by far the cloviest blend on me, followed by Three Witches. In those two oils, the clove completely takes over. My favorites with clove are Port-au-Prince and Voodoo, but the clove isn't particularly strong in those.

Silverangel, Ingenue and Phantom Queen have clover in them, not clove.

Also, if you can get your hands on it, the single note sweet clove (sadly discontinued), smells like my lips taste after I've had a clove.

:P If you can find it, I'm sure you will love it. I have a wee imp, and it is absolutely spectacular for amping up clovey blends or just wearing on its own. I adore it!

I should have mentioned this initially- though i'm now purchasing a couple imps of Sweet Clove from babykitty :P I'm still VERY much in the market for buying a 5ml, so if you'd have one you'd be willing to part with, do let me know!

I can't wait to try all the things people have reccommended. I have Blood and March Hare coming in an order I already got a Click n' Ship for, so I'm suddenly even MORE antsy about its arrival.

I'm probably sounding like a broken record here but yup, Three Witches, March Hare and Blood are the cloviest BPAL blends I have tried. Too much for me but anyone looking for a strong hit of clove won't be disappointed! And they are all remarkably different from each other.

It's another discontinued blend, but I can't believe that nobody has mentioned French Creole! It's enormously clovey--check out the reviews.

If you can get hold of it, the sadly discontinued Noir has enough clove to be noticable. Also, it's amazing anyway, even for non-clove lovers. I'm into cloves, so I'm watching this thread carefully. I miss clove cigs though - GAF in their little black and gold jackets! :P

Update on my clove situation:

I didn't get clove out of Blood at any point, it was all dragon's blood and myrrh.

The final drydown of March Hare was pretty clove-y and was absolutely DELICIOUS! It made me adore clove even more, even though I didn't think that was possible :P

So for other people looking for clove that can stomach fruit, I would also recommend March Hare. Also, I might be nuts, but I think I remember someone saying Perversion smelled like clove cigarettes (even though it doesn't have clove in it), and I should be getting my 5ml of Perversion today or tomorrow..so I'll edit this post with my impressions of that one, too.

You're going to love the Sweet Clove single note, Luxuria. It's gorgeous! :P

I'd say Three Witches and Wrath are good choices. March Hare smells like apricot and not much else on me, but it is gorgeous, so you may want to give it a shot, too. :D

You're going to love the Sweet Clove single note, Luxuria.  It's gorgeous! :P

I'd say Three Witches and Wrath are good choices.  March Hare smells like apricot and not much else on me, but it is gorgeous, so you may want to give it a shot, too. :D

You're 100% right- I LOVED it. Smells absolutely spot on. I'm always amazed when the lab does that with a scent. I also love how perfect it is for layering- it isn't overpowering or strong. I have a feeling it will layer particularly well with Perversion as well as the blends that already have clove in them..

I liked March Hare but I wish it was clovier. It's wonderful when some clove does come out but only so-so when it's all apricot.

I think a 5ml of Three Witches is necessary for my next order. I haven't smelled it, but my 'unsniffed 5ml' instinct seems to be pretty good.

I would like to second Port au Prince. It's rather androgynous, though, almost slightly masculine. Very spicey. The Rum comes on really strong, but after that it's all sweet clove and the rest all go into the background for me to sweeten and broaden the clove. Might be my chemistry, but it's purdy sexay.

Dear lord I want to try Sweet Clove SN so bad...missed an auction for a bottle a few days ago :P ...

I can't WAIT for the Three Witches reformulation!!

i'm new here, hello :3 aside the point, i was searching for a BPAL oil that has clove in it. in all possibility. i love spicy clove scents. also, maybe a scent that has both clove AND a citrus sort of note? i've found one clove scent so far, but i want to know if anyone else has any reccomendations.

thanks for your help :3

http://vanilla.spicybrains.org/search.php?...=1&only-title=0

The link is to a search on BPAL's site for Clove, 19 results, most are catalog, one is LE.

Dracul has clove and orange flower (and is delicous btw).

Bengal has clove and ginger (but I haven't tried it so I'm not so sure how much either comes out.)

Seraglio looks good too... sniff around, read some reviews, you'll find something.

I would reccomend Al Shairan and March Hare -- two very clovey scents with a hint of fruit.

Also, if you can get it, Mantle of Venus (the TAL blend) is almost pure clove.

My brother quit smoking finally ( :P ) but...I miss the scent of his cigarettes sometimes :D Bad, I know. So I thought maybe the tasty perfumes here would help. Any ideas?

Blockbuster is VERY clove on me. I totally use it as a smoking alternative, as I lurve the way that clove cigarettes smell. :P

Edited by columbus jones

Blood is pretty heavily clove on me, with a sweetness that reminds me of first putting a clove cigarette in your mouth (it's like candy!) It's dark red and full, in a mysterious spicy way.

Once I was applying Blood Kiss in a car with my bf and he swore at one point it smelled EXACTLY like a clove. (But most people get varied results from Blood Kiss... often either very vetiver or very vanilla-cream.)

Port-au-Prince was so clove I couldn't handle it, in a sickly sweet way. Might work better on someone else.

My girlfriend smokes clove cigarettes, and the scent of clove reminds me of her. Since we're long-distance, I'd like to find a clove scent to put on and curl up in for when I miss her... and I'd prefer it was a BPAL scent, because my fanatical obsession has begun to enable her.

I've tried March Hare, and it smells sticky and thick and after a while turns to spoilt jam -- not a nice clove at all. I also have a bottle of the Ecstasy of Passion, but the clove doesn't come out particularly strongly on me (I wish it did :P). Anyone have any suggestions for the truest clove scent they know?