Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Goddess of Strife and Discord, constant companion and sometime consort to Ares. She is a fickle, chaotic Goddess of Bedlam whose greatest passion is the sowing of dissention and turmoil. A suitably disjointed scent, bursting with gleeful mayhem: wet fruits and sharp mimosa with Martial spices and a deceptive flash of floral.

I was gonna lose Popess Points if this one didn't work on me, but...

ITI- mild fruit juice
Wet on Skin- Warm applesauce with a bit of a kick.
Dry on Skin- It smells like the alcoholic drink this guy I used to know made. Liquid apple pie.

This one stayed wet on my skin a whole lot longer than most have.

In the imp - I'm getting fruit, I'm getting melon ... I'm getting fruit polos?

Wet on skin - Still fruit polos with somethng darker ...

Dry on skin - a sort of very soft mix of fruit and ... something. Yes there may be a snippet of floral in there, maybe.

Later - ... and we're back to melon again. 0.o

This doesn't grab me, it's at least partially because when I think of Eris I think of apples. I wanted apples and dark notes spiked with ozone or something bright and sharp ...

At the beginning it was mostly melon. But as time wore on it came into contact with the florals. All fruits and flowers. It's nice and pretty (not what would've some to mind with the title), but it's not terribly exciting.

There is a dash of spice in the background, but I have to put my nose very lose to my arm to smell it.

Edited by neuilly

Eris- A frimp from the lab, thank you thank you! I've been dying to try this and its been on my wishlist for awhile now.

In the imp: Really strong in the vial, very fruity and fresh.

On me: Ahhh, fuity AND floral. I smell mimosa here and there but its not a main player. This is what I wanted The Hanging Gardens to smell like, its really close to it actually... to my nose anyway. Eris suits me much better tho. :D

Grrr if only I got that 10ml of Eris when I had the chance!! :P

This imp of Eris is circulating as part of the General Catalogue Swap brought to you by the lovely quikslvr and generous participants including brownbear!

Wet: Fruity!

Drying: melons and flowers and fruits and where was this for curing the summertime blues circa 2006?

Drying: Oh yeah! There’s some funky note that I really like in the mix. Yes, it is the promised gleeful mayhem. This is an adult glee. The fruits and florals are very regal and statuesque. Well, I could see Angelica Huston working this, if you get what I mean. Dries a little dusty. But, wow!

I thought I’d love to have a imp of Eris to wear in on hot summer nights in rotation with Numb and Ephemera and Asphodel. It screams of summer and does so boldly. Sadly, it became too much during the dry-down. :P Had some breathing problems about an hour after the first application. It’s still a lovely scent. I may give it another go some day.

Save travels imp! Go forth and enable!

When Eris is wet, it's melony! Yum. It dries down to alternations between the florals and spices. My nose insists there's pepper in these "Martial spices" but I could be wrong. I tend not to be a floral lover, but these aren't bothering me. It's a nice, warm weather scent.

impsniff: sugarfree watermelon bubblegum

skinsniff, wet: ugh, oh you don't wanna know what this makes me think of

skinsniff, dry: watermelon bubblegum and .... a bad, unclean nursing home

oh, yuck, i have to go scrub this off now.

In the bottle: Melon and... red musk? Hm, it's spicy, anyway.

Wet: Melon and... yep, red musk!

Drydown: Soft melon under a dusting of mimosa. There are some spices but I can't put my finger on what it could be. It becomes powdery sweet with mimosa, and then I still get very warm thick spices. The melon has very tart aquatic notes which get to my nose.

Overall: Huh, I thought it smelled so good in the bottle, but on my skin it's just faint melon with a lot of sweet dust. I'm not a huge mimosa fan, the spices in this are rather weird, and the mix generally smells a little odd - chaos is to be expected, I suppose. It disappears pretty fast, too.

Eris was another lucky frimp from the lab.

In the bottle: Watermelon candy!

Wet on my skin: Watermelon candy! It's so juicy it's making my mouth water.

On ther drydown: Surprise - watermelon candy! I also get a hint of soft white florals and something spicy that I can't identify.

Summary: This is a juicy, fruity, girly scent that would be perfect for a sweltering summer afternoon. It's playful and sweet and would work best on the young and young-at-heart. It isn't one of my all-time favorites, simply because it's a little too innocent for me, but I do like it and will definitely keep the imp. Next summer, when the sun is beating down again, I may even go for a bottle.

Eris is a mix of super-duper melony melons, mimosa, and something musky or animalistic on my skin. The melon note is a bit problematic for me. I enjoy it in general, but it can be too sweet and fruity on my skin, and it's just not something I find I'm in the mood for all that often.

The martial spices here go a long way in tempering the exuberant melon note, but the end result is still much sweeter than I'm comfortable with. I'll be passing this imp on for someone else to try.

All right, I've kind of put of reviewing this...but, well, it didn't really work for me. I feel really badly about it since we share a name and all, but I guess we both have different ways of interpreting the goddess of chaos.

On me, it was really sugary-sweet. It reminded me of orange Nerds candies. Which, I should add, are totally delicious. But, it's just not something I wear on my skin. I had a similar reaction to the mimosa single note waaay back in the day, so it may be that acting up on me again. It does kind of mellow out into the skin as time passes, and the artificial smell drops considerably, but the overall effect is still way too fruity for this chaos minion.

Eris-

In Bottle: At first there's a grape note, but then, erg, there's a...pigpen on a hot day smell. I'm nervous about even putting this one on.

Wet: The pigs recede, but...they're there. The rest is fruit.

Dry: Pigs. I can't wait any longer. *goes to scrub*

Overall: Not for me at all.

This is very fruity which is lovely, but then I get a whiff of dirty diapers. I think this one is getting passed on to someone who has better chemistry than I.

*shudder*

Bottle: fruity floral. funky. wacky. disjointed - yes.

Wet: more with the floral madness.

Dry: it's grown more gentle, but it's still leaving a feeling of notes fighting with one another, it's just not settling down at all.

Later: floral with a side of sweet fruity...it's not liking me, something is growing oddly sour-sweet here.

So far, my skin hasn't been kind to the overly-fruity notes. Eris is a good example of this.

In the bottle: I get a raspberry note, and not just raspberry, but an artificial raspberry smell. Almost exactly like a raspberry flavored water, or similar. This doesn't really bode well, to me.

Wet: I realize that the "raspberry" is coming from two notes...the "wet fruit" seems very melony, and that's combining with the sweetness from the mimosa to = artifical raspberry. Very sweet, with nothing to cut it. A one-dimensional Goddess of Chaos is really pretty much of an oxymoron, you know. Doesn't quite work.

Dry: I never get any of the spices. If I had, I think that it would have helped balance out and blend the sweet notes of the fruit and mimosa. This stays very "teenybopper-y" on me. Not a bad or vile or off-putting scent in any way, just one that doesn't quite do it for me.

The wet fruits must be that note from Sacred Whore of Babylon that my brain always parses as melon, although I do not think it is. Eris is not as sweet as the Sacred Whore was; however, she does not make me go back to sniff her, which makes me relegate her, alas, to the swap pile.

In the bottle: This smells fruity and earthy, with a bite.

Wet: It warms up right away. Something floral and something almost resinous joines in. It is feminine. The fruit and flowers are dominant so far.

Drying down: This has a cacophonous clash of scent families. Chaotic is right.

Dry: This has the feel of a women's perfume of the nondual variety. You ask if it is floral, fruity, earthy, or musky, and she answers with an emphatic "Yes!" and a twinkle in her eye.

Later: Fruit has emerged as the champion with floral coming a close second. Her accompanying notes clamor just beneath, creating a blanket of sweetness. This is not quite my cup of tea, but is appropriate for Eris.

In the imp: melon and strawberry candy -- yum! But a little sweet for my usual tastes in perfume.

On me: Candied flowers and melons and strawberries...almost a jasminey note with sweet fruits. It dries to a very sweet floral with a hint of melon. It's very feminine, but the "little-girl" feel wears off after a bit...I think I actually like it better wet; it's more unique and playful. But it's very pretty dry, too. It might have potential as a room scent so long as it doesn't make me crave melons. :-) It's definitely in the same family as Yemaya on me.

I love Eris in the springtime.

I love Eris in the fall.

I love Eris in the winter when it drizzles,

I love Eris in the summer when it sizzles.

I love Eris every moment,

Every moment of the year.

I love Eris, why oh why do I love Eris?

Because my nose is near.

In the imp: Spicy cranberry.

On Skin: Spicy cranberry still. There is a hint of floral underneath. It almost smells peppery spicy instead of just general spices.

ETA: The second I put this down it smells like someone threw up as everything seems to compete in my skin... and its a BAD competition. Luckily, it's gone after like 10 seconds... and then the spicyness comes through

On Drydown: It becomes a more generic fruity and a little more floral.

Verdict: I'm not entirely sold on Eris yet. I think I'll give her another whirl before I decide.

ETA: Um... yeah. It's a pretty floral after a while but the first 10 seconds were really off-putting.

Edited by zankoku_zen

In the imp: This is quite fruity. I see others talking about melon, but that's not what I get ('course, I could be wrong)--or at least it's not the melon you find in Ogun.

Wet: The fruit is this really blows you away. It's very wet and juicy. Very red.

Drydown and wear: There's no grounding notes in this scent, just fruit and mimosa (which finally emerges on drydown). As the scent dries down, it also gets lighter, which surprises me...I thought this one was going to have some real staying power. A must for all those who loves berries/currants and "red cirtrus" blends.

A lot of notes competing with one another. Definitely spicy and fruity, and the florals are barely there. There's a slight bubblegum quality in the background. I like it better than I thought I would, but I'm not sold on it.

Imp & wet: sweet and acidic

Drydown: gone in sixty seconds...but that is okay with me. I liked the apple in this, but not the mimosa note, and overall it didn't suit me.

On the wand, this is a blast of high-pitched orange florals plus something that smells sick. By “sick” I mean, “this smells faintly like vomit.” The part that hints at secret brain damage is the part where I considered this, shrugged, and put it on my wrist anyway.

I may regret this shortly. If I do, I am fully cognizant that I deserved it.

The fruit definitely includes oranges. It’s a flowery smell, not lush and ripe, but sharp. These are not nice florals in the slightest. They would kick kittens, and they have sharp, pointy-toed shoes. Over the smell of oranges and thin-lipped florals, there is a pale yellow smell, like pollen from a plant that has never had nectar. Underneath, the vomit smell has faded away, for which I am duly grateful, but something about this still sparks off a “sickroom!” alarm in me. On a side note, spices? What spices? I have no spices whatsover.

Given time, it gets a bit prettier, and I might like it if it had started out this way... a high orange floral. It doesn’t smell like a true floral, and the artificiality is a bit obnoxious, but that can be overlooked in some circumstances, and it even gains a tiny bit of warmth (not spice -- just warmth.) However, that first impression was so unpleasant that I can’t conceive of wearing it again.

In the bottle - Soft fruits like those in Xanthe with a touch of spice and what smells like the lily

Wet on me - Kind of bubblegum florals, but not lotus

Dry on me - Berryish fruits with a hint of spice to enliven it

Overall - Fresh and bright, but with sexy undertones. I like this a lot.